OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only rights in our state, with respect to grandparent rights, is if the child goes into cps, the grandparents can file for grandparent rights and usually are successful. CPS will fight them a lot of times but the law is the law.
Are the rights the same for GREAT grandparents?

Are the rights the same for GREAT grandparents?

I am not sure about that. It would be worth contacting a family lawyer if it's something that comes into play. CPS can be a bit deceptive and hard to work with at times. I know they mean well and there's reasons so that's why a family court type lawyer is worth a consult. Edit: In our state the gp rights must be put into place prior to the child being adopted by a foster family. But if they are put into place prior to then, they stay with the child, even if the parent loses the child, and after adoption into a new family if the grandparents cannot adopt them for whatever reason.

Authorities still refuse to discuss motive. But on that first day, right before the first news conference, DeWine and Reader walked into the Union Hill Church, the kind of small, country church where its white steeple and the U.S. flag each jut into the sky. Some 150 relatives — about the same number as the usual congregation — had gathered inside to await any news.
It was there, in his usual straightforward and direct manner, that Reader told the family this was no random act, that the Rhodens had been targeted for a reason. And he told them he believed that someone sitting inside that house of God knew why.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

I know this was the first day. Maybe thinking is different now. But how could Reader's announcement do anything other than sow discord and anger?

ETA: of course this contributes to the difficulties with custody.

Authorities still refuse to discuss motive. But on that first day, right before the first news conference, DeWine and Reader walked into the Union Hill Church, the kind of small, country church where its white steeple and the U.S. flag each jut into the sky. Some 150 relatives — about the same number as the usual congregation — had gathered inside to await any news.
It was there, in his usual straightforward and direct manner, that Reader told the family this was no random act, that the Rhodens had been targeted for a reason. And he told them he believed that someone sitting inside that house of God knew why.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

I know this was the first day. Maybe thinking is different now. But how could Reader's announcement do anything other than sow discord and anger?

ETA: of course this contributes to the difficulties with custody.

It was probably intended to sow discord and cause somebody to break ranks with the others and tell the truth. Doesn't seem to have worked.

There was utter chaos, I'm sure, right up the road. It probably appeared that all of CR1's & DR's family was targeted which could be Manley to BJM, LM and JM, w/GR as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They sat there for at least three hours w/the LE and then word probably started leaking out. That's probably when Rhoden's started getting word and calling around, and it was a Friday morning so some people were at work too. But if I were a Manley, I'd be thinking about calling all of my own family. B/c at first glance, If I were a Manley, I'd think someone had targeted Dana Manley and her kids, and would call my side of the family. Which BJM did.

I remember reading/seeing posts by family members very early on that morning (April 22nd). There no doubt was several family members tied up with LE for several hours, but there were many who were not as well. In the link I posted a few posts back, the pastor said his phone started buzzing, ringing and beeping shortly before 9 a.m. April 22.

As far as the Manley's, they were at the crime scenes so I'm quite sure they had lots of interaction with LE for several hours afterwards and more than likely for several days or weeks. JMO.

Yes, it is so very sad for everyone involved! I pray once this mess is sorted out, the children will placed where they are with family and that they will all be a part of each other's lives. I believe once paternity is established for KR, the father, if ends up being one of the two mentioned in this article, will be awarded custody. I have to say, I'd be happy either way! Either scenario would be somewhat a happy ending! It's little RR I worry most about as he lost both his biological parents! Regardless of the outcome, I pray this family will still be a part of all these children's lives.

I think it would be awesome if little RR could be raised with his half brother. The Robinsons seem to love him and appeared to have stayed close to his father. I'd also like for the two little girls to be raised together. They've all already lost so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be awesome if little RR could be raised with his half brother. The Robinsons seem to love him and appeared to have stayed close to his father. I'd also like for the two little girls to be raised together. They've all already lost so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that would be another happy ending. CR's mothers story of holding that baby for 3 hours was what really brought tears to my eyes! It was as though she loved that baby even though it wasn't her own blood and her instinct was to shelter and protect him.

I remember reading/seeing posts by family members very early on that morning (April 22nd). There no doubt was several family members tied up with LE for several hours, but there were many who were not as well. In the link I posted a few posts back, the pastor said his phone started buzzing, ringing and beeping shortly before 9 a.m. April 22.

As far as the Manley's, they were at the crime scenes so I'm quite sure they had lots of interaction with LE for several hours afterwards and more than likely for several days or weeks. JMO.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that once BJM called her father, brother, and 911, the LE got there w/in a very short period of time. My guess is that they were not allowed to be buzzing around on their phones after LE arrived. In fact, I'd say they took their phones to be reviewed. I'd probably not think a thing about checking on any Rhodens. In a small town, yes, word will leak fast, but still, if I'd just found my sister's family murdered, I'd have thought it was her and her immediate family targeted, and GR was just unlucky in being there. Everyone sees this as the Rhodens but the Manley's lost a great deal of family that day too.

BBM

I'm wondering how this case will play out if it's not one of these two.
It's possible they could be placed with their siblings if that parents wants them and will take them

.keeping the siblings together

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do we finally know what happened, I thought this thread was closed?

No, they have yet to make an arrest, however two new articles with additional details were published in the last few days which is why the thread was re-opened. Both articles are posted a few pages back -- as well as an admin post establishing what can and can't be discussed here regarding the child custody/paternity matters that were mentioned in the one article.

ETA: the links to these are #83 & #84 of the Media & Timeline thread for this case
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

How much patience? lol. J/K. I know locals often "know" more about the truth than the media and what can be released by LE. I don't want to break any rules or ask you to break then, but can you tell us if LE has a POI or and/or does the residents know who and why? I not asking for you to share exact information or names just maybe a heads-up. Thanks

How much patience? lol. J/K. I know locals often "know" more about the truth than the media and what can be released by LE. I don't want to break any rules or ask you to break then, but can you tell us if LE has a POI or and/or does the residents know who and why? I not asking for you to share exact information or names just maybe a heads-up. Thanks

If there is a POI and if locals know more: they're not saying.

If there is a POI and if locals know more: they're not saying.

I'm local and I have only heard rumors.. Nothing I can say here because it hasn't been discussed in the news/media. But yes, there has been some finger pointing and I have heard names as well as what supposedly happened but I have not heard of anyone officially named a person of interest or suspect so it's probably just talk.

One recurring thing I see in regard to people who may gain custody of the babies. No ex of HR or FR has anything bad to say about them. The exs all seem to be decent people. It makes me wonder even more
why HR, FR, HG, CR jr. had to be killed. I don't see any grudges or enough hatred that any ex could be involved. It makes things seem more senseless...

I'm local and I have only heard rumors.. Nothing I can say here because it hasn't been discussed in the news/media. But yes, there has been some finger pointing and I have heard names as well as what supposedly happened but I have not heard of anyone officially named a person of interest or suspect so it's probably just talk.

I'd love to know what you know! Sometimes there's truth to local gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper