OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to offer clarification by bouncing off this post

Members may discuss the info in the article. Any and all of it.

What we cannot do is sleuth those individuals who have made statements in the article. But by all means, discuss their comments, discuss the contents of the article.

Please do remember to redact minors names to initials.

Please do not suggest any of the persons who made statements in the article is involved in the murders.

Please do not attempt to determine paternity of little K. That is for the courts to determine, not us.

thanks folks,

tlcya

Thanks for the clarification.

The article really highlights how many victims there are.

The adult love ones left behind trying to process their grief.

But most especially the babies.
"There is no way these kids aren't traumatized,'' Cook said. "You are talking about bonds being broken ... That's the tragedy of the tragedy.

"I think the brutality of the reality is that these kids are without their families and the families are without the kids,'' she said.

"It's totally heartbreaking."

[...]

The girls share a bond: They lost the same mommy.

"They need each other,'' said Wagner's mom, Angela Wagner. "When they get old enough to understand, they will really need each other."

[...]

"I told him don't be scared about that,'' she said.

"We are family,'' she said, "And no one can change that."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

The article really highlights how many victims there are.

The adult love ones left behind trying to process their grief.

But most especially the babies.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

Yes, it is so very sad for everyone involved! I pray once this mess is sorted out, the children will placed where they are with family and that they will all be a part of each other's lives. I believe once paternity is established for KR, the father, if ends up being one of the two mentioned in this article, will be awarded custody. I have to say, I'd be happy either way! Either scenario would be somewhat a happy ending! It's little RR I worry most about as he lost both his biological parents! Regardless of the outcome, I pray this family will still be a part of all these children's lives.

We tend to think of the ones that are gone as the victims but those left behind are victims as well.

Yes, Dudly, you are absolutely right! Hopefully those that have passed are at peace! Those left behind are the ones that suffer!

I could be wrong, but the way I read in the ORC grandparents and any other relatives have to file through the courts for visitation in the case of a deceased parent.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3109.11

This next link details a number of determining factors when deciding on extended family visitation. I would imagine this would create a lengthy "vetting" process in determining who should and should not have visitation.

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Ohio.htm

To add to the complexity of this situation, not all counties in Ohio use foster homes within their own county. Their are outside firms that provide foster homes to some counties. I live in Miami County, and they do not use an outside firm, but many other counties do, especially when they have difficulty finding enough suitable foster homes within their county. I have no link to verify that, only the first hand knowledge of a sister who is a foster parent. She lives in county A, works through a firm out of county B, but has provided a home for children in 2 other counties (not A or B). With that thought in mind, the 2 babies may have been located many counties away until proper custody can be determined.

Yes, it is so very sad for everyone involved! I pray once this mess is sorted out, the children will placed where they are with family and that they will all be a part of each other's lives. I believe once paternity is established for KR, the father, if ends up being one of the two mentioned in this article, will be awarded custody. I have to say, I'd be happy either way! Either scenario would be somewhat a happy ending! It's little RR I worry most about as he lost both his biological parents! Regardless of the outcome, I pray this family will still be a part of all these children's lives.

BBM

I'm wondering how this case will play out if it's not one of these two.

Source, please? If this comes from a testing facility that does private testing, that may explain it. This testing is being done by the state, and quite frankly, they have no reason to expedite anything when it comes to custody of these children. The custody issues and criminal investigation are two separate entities. OFC has so many cases that these two may take a while to get sorted out. Then again, the AG may have suggested they get pushed to the back burner for a bit....

According to this, results from court ordered paternity testing would take six to eight weeks.

https://support.franklincountyohio.gov/client-services/paternity-establishment.cfm#answer11

I didn't find anything specific for Pike County, but I'm guessing that it's pretty much the same in any county in Ohio.

Private labs can have the results back in 2 days or less, but they may or may not be considered valid for legal proceedings depending on how the samples are collected and what lab is used. I'm guessing that in this particular case nothing beyond the testing conducted by the state's own labs would be considered valid.

I could be wrong, but the way I read in the ORC grandparents and any other relatives have to file through the courts for visitation in the case of a deceased parent.

This next link details a number of determining factors when deciding on extended family visitation. I would imagine this would create a lengthy "vetting" process in determining who should and should not have visitation.

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Ohio.htm

To add to the complexity of this situation, not all counties in Ohio use foster homes within their own county. Their are outside firms that provide foster homes to some counties. I live in Miami County, and they do not use an outside firm, but many other counties do, especially when they have difficulty finding enough suitable foster homes within their county. I have no link to verify that, only the first hand knowledge of a sister who is a foster parent. She lives in county A, works through a firm out of county B, but has provided a home for children in 2 other counties (not A or B). With that thought in mind, the 2 babies may have been located many counties away until proper custody can be determined.

I believe that's in the case of a living parent denying the deceased parent's parents visitation, not in a foster situation. I think in a foster situation, the decedent's parents have even less rights until custody is sorted out.

Unfortunately, I had to meet with an attorney regarding grandparents' rights in Ohio last year and did quite a bit of research.

According to this, results from court ordered paternity testing would take six to eight weeks.

https://support.franklincountyohio.gov/client-services/paternity-establishment.cfm#answer11

I didn't find anything specific for Pike County, but I'm guessing that it's pretty much the same in any county in Ohio.

Private labs can have the results back in 2 days or less, but they may or may not be considered valid for legal proceedings depending on how the samples are collected and what lab is used. I'm guessing that in this particular case nothing beyond the testing conducted by the state's own labs would be considered valid.

Correct. Typically court ordered paternity testing has a much longer turn around. Most courts will dismiss any test that isn't administered by them. And we have no clue when the paternity tests were actually administered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Typically court ordered paternity testing has a much longer turn around. Most courts will dismiss any test that isn't administered by them. And we have no clue when the paternity tests were actually administered.

If I read the article correctly, they haven't been done yet. It says the article was released 22 hours ago. I could be reading it wrong though.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ike-county-victims-they-need-church/83694772/

This is what Fulton, 69, has done nearly nonstop since his phone started buzzing, ringing and beeping shortly before 9 a.m. April 22.

The non-denominational church with Pentecostal leanings quickly became a refuge and an impromptu family and community-support command center. It was here where nearly 150 family members listened to a live-stream broadcast of the first press conference about the killings.

I still cannot grasp why KR was found so late. If the "150 family members" didn't think about KR being possibly another victim of this horrific crime, wouldn't somebody AT LEAST think to notify him that 7 of his family members - brother, cousin, nieces, nephews, etc. had been murdered? I mean really, he was 5-8 miles away (depending on what MSM article you refer to), it isn't like he was a long ways away - 5-8 miles, approximately 10 minutes, give or take....I just do not understand this...........

BBM

I'm wondering how this case will play out if it's not one of these two.

I'm assuming if it's not one of these 2, the 3rd guy known would be asked to take paternity as they obviously have his name it's just not revealed in the article.

If I read the article correctly, they haven't been done yet. It says the article was released 22 hours ago. I could be reading it wrong though.

I tend to think that if CG is determined to be the biological father of KMR...that both KMR and RR would have the blessing of being raised together within the G family.

I tend to think that if CG is determined to be the biological father of KMR...that both KMR and RR would have the blessing of being raised together within the G family.

Or conversely, if it's TW, sisters KMR and SW will be raised together in the W family, also a blessing.

Or conversely, if it's TW, sisters KMR and SW will be raised together in the W family, also a blessing.

I agree! Either way it goes, if it's one of the two, it will be a blessing in this tragedy! I'm for either! As I said earlier, I just hope who ever gets them shares them with the other family! It's all they have left!

Here, even if the children are located out of the county, there still has to be visits set up w/the parents/guardians.

I believe that's in the case of a living parent denying the deceased parent's parents visitation, not in a foster situation. I think in a foster situation, the decedent's parents have even less rights until custody is sorted out.

Unfortunately, I had to meet with an attorney regarding grandparents' rights in Ohio last year and did quite a bit of research.

The only rights in our state, with respect to grandparent rights, is if the child goes into cps, the grandparents can file for grandparent rights and usually are successful. CPS will fight them a lot of times but the law is the law.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ike-county-victims-they-need-church/83694772/

This is what Fulton, 69, has done nearly nonstop since his phone started buzzing, ringing and beeping shortly before 9 a.m. April 22.

The non-denominational church with Pentecostal leanings quickly became a refuge and an impromptu family and community-support command center. It was here where nearly 150 family members listened to a live-stream broadcast of the first press conference about the killings.

I still cannot grasp why KR was found so late. If the "150 family members" didn't think about KR being possibly another victim of this horrific crime, wouldn't somebody AT LEAST think to notify him that 7 of his family members - brother, cousin, nieces, nephews, etc. had been murdered? I mean really, he was 5-8 miles away (depending on what MSM article you refer to), it isn't like he was a long ways away - 5-8 miles, approximately 10 minutes, give or take....I just do not understand this...........

There was utter chaos, I'm sure, right up the road. It probably appeared that all of CR1's & DR's family was targeted which could be Manley to BJM, LM and JM, w/GR as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They sat there for at least three hours w/the LE and then word probably started leaking out. That's probably when Rhoden's started getting word and calling around, and it was a Friday morning so some people were at work too. But if I were a Manley, I'd be thinking about calling all of my own family. B/c at first glance, If I were a Manley, I'd think someone had targeted Dana Manley and her kids, and would call my side of the family. Which BJM did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue