OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking about the three year old and HR. The assailant(s) were not expecting the three year old, but, they were expecting to go in silently and kill HG and FR in their sleep, b/c I doubt the three year old woke up, unless it was after the assailant(s) were on their way out. I still think the assailant(s) were known to all of them and if the three year old had woke up he could have been able to tell them something about who was there that night. Some three year olds may be more verbal than others but most all would be able to remember something. If the three year old had woke up and had gotten a look at them I doubt they'd have left the three year old alive. They were probably not waiting for HR to have the baby as the due date was the 29th. I think they had planned this for that particular night. Maybe the full moon, clear skies. They'd need only natural light. Idk, it may be something else. I also think DR's double shift threw them off a bit as they'd planned for her to be asleep as well but she was still winding down at 2 a.m. from all indications and they were running out of time. There almost has to be at least two, if not three. One to go in, one to drive. There wouldn't be enough time otherwise. Just some thoughts.

This is hard for me to understand. If the killers didn't have silencers, the shots (at least 5) would certainly have woken the 3 year old in such a trailer. If he woke up, he probably would have seen the killers and could have described them to LE. No matter their reasons for leaving the young children alive, they would not have left a witness. This forces me to challenge my belief that they probably did not have silencers. Using silencers, although not common, is more plausible than A) The toddler was not awoken B) They left a witness . Given that many folks in the area were gun aficionados, I'm warming to the idea that silencers were indeed used.

I thought I heard that CR1 had a camera system as well? IIRC it was stated that he could see who would drive up not only seeing the car but the driver as well. I would look but I'm starting to get looks from the fam :)

I believe LM stated in an interview that CR1 had some sort of cameras. He stated he had motion lights that lit up and you could see who was inside. At some point, I read, maybe here, there may have been a circuit of cameras tied into monitors?

I believe LM stated in an interview that CR1 had some sort of cameras. He stated he had motion lights that lit up and you could see who was inside. At some point, I read, maybe here, there may have been a circuit of cameras tied into monitors?

I believe it's because we couldn't tell in LM's interview if the lights allowed you to see the cars and people in them clearly, or if the cameras did (implying he likely had a monitor.) It was hard to tell the way it was worded if it was the cameras or the lights, but he did say he had both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so sad. Piketon High School held it's graduation and did this in memory of Hanna Rhoden.... beautiful, yet heartwrenching.

13332723_1142304822477599_7218113645899201848_n.jpg

It doesn't make sense that they left a witness. He must have hidden.

Exactly. And like I always say, someone breaking into a rural home isn't coming for an Xbox, they are likely armed themselves. By the time you call cops and decide to wait for them, you've lost your life and the person is gone by the time the cops arrive. Hence why we are all packing. JMO.

Here it is open carry so people walk around with them all the time, if not strapped to their hip or in a holster on their belt then concealed somewhere on their person (concealed carry). I think there is a bill going through the senate that will allow people to conceal and open carry without a permit. Right now everybody and their mama is carrying. Lol.

Q: What is Open Carry?
A: Open Carry refers to an unconcealed handgun, which is a loaded or unloaded handgun carried on your person in a belt or shoulder holster that is wholly or partially visible.
Q: What firearms can I openly carry?
A: Only handguns.
Q: What size can the handgun be?
A: Less than sixteen (16) inches in length.
Q: What kind of ammunition can be used?
A: .45 caliber or smaller.
Q: Can I openly carry the pistol in my hand?
A: No. You must keep the pistol on your person and in a belt or shoulder holster, or in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms.

This is so sad. Piketon High School held it's graduation and did this in memory of Hanna Rhoden.... beautiful, yet heartwrenching.

attachment.php
Reminds me of how young so many were.

Here it is open carry so people walk around with them all the time, if not strapped to their hip or in a holster on their belt then concealed somewhere on their person (concealed carry). I think there is a bill going through the senate that will allow people to conceal and open carry without a permit. Right now everybody and their mama is carrying. Lol.

Q: What is Open Carry?
A: Open Carry refers to an unconcealed handgun, which is a loaded or unloaded handgun carried on your person in a belt or shoulder holster that is wholly or partially visible.
Q: What firearms can I openly carry?
A: Only handguns.
Q: What size can the handgun be?
A: Less than sixteen (16) inches in length.
Q: What kind of ammunition can be used?
A: .45 caliber or smaller.
Q: Can I openly carry the pistol in my hand?
A: No. You must keep the pistol on your person and in a belt or shoulder holster, or in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms.

We have open carry. I have my CCW, which is how I typically choose to carry, and then at home we have our shotguns and handguns. I do open carry if I'm on a walk or run by myself. I always hope that the gun hanging off my pants will be a deterrent to anyone thinking they can get away with something with nobody being around. I believe they are trying to pass here for concealing without a permit, likely it will pass knowing my state.

It seems that while silencers are legal in Ohio, they are heavily regulated and there is a lot of red tape (paper trail) for obtaining them. If I was with BCI, I would certainly be running down silencer purchases within the last couple of years in the area.

I'm sorry. This is distracting. What is that?? Muchaco

Edit: Google was my friend. Sorry.

Let me help you with something on here. There is an option under each post that says "Reply With Quote" If you want to reply to a post, click on it, and it will let you reply to that particular post. Go ahead and reply to this one and try it out if you want. This is a recording, lol

Muchaco = Like a soft taco. Very tasty with picante sauce.

Our doorbell records anyone that comes to our front door. it also notifies ou when there is any activity at the front door/front of the house.

Off subject, but That would probably freak me out! Have you ever been startled by something?

Or, they may not have seen the little boy if he was on the sofa (not sure of the point of entry and exit though) Some single wide trailers have two doors on the back of them but I'm not sure theirs did, and I'm too tired to go looking lol.

We have open carry. I have my CCW, which is how I typically choose to carry, and then at home we have our shotguns and handguns. I do open carry if I'm on a walk or run by myself. I always hope that the gun hanging off my pants will be a deterrent to anyone thinking they can get away with something with nobody being around. I believe they are trying to pass here for concealing without a permit, likely it will pass knowing my state.

A lot of women carry in a tote, or large handbag here. Hubby runs around with his in a holster on his belt. I firmly believe that the knowledge that anyone could have a gun on them does deter crime, especially crimes against women. I would and have voted for open and concealed carry, but personally I would like for them to be required to have a permit as that requires a safety course. Legal age here is 21, thats why I like the safety course thing.

That pulls at the feels. [emoji22]

Yes it does. I have another pic with all of the graduates empty chairs, and the one for HR a distance away (sorta' like a missing man formation) I won't post it though as it has some of the seniors in it.

He wasn't suppose to be there that night, so I think they stuck to their plan when they saw he was asleep, or didn't see him. At first I thought maybe they cared about kids, but that many bullets to the head with babies next to them I don't think so. A fragment could've killed a baby, I think they just carried it out and didn't see the kids as a threat.

This is hard for me to understand. If the killers didn't have silencers, the shots (at least 5) would certainly have woken the 3 year old in such a trailer. If he woke up, he probably would have seen the killers and could have described them to LE. No matter their reasons for leaving the young children alive, they would not have left a witness. This forces me to challenge my belief that they probably did not have silencers. Using silencers, although not common, is more plausible than A) The toddler was not awoken B) They left a witness . Given that many folks in the area were gun aficionados, I'm warming to the idea that silencers were indeed used.

I wonder if it's possible the window that was open led to the bedroom and the bed was under the window? Maybe they never even stepped foot in the trailer!

A lot of women carry in a tote, or large handbag here. Hubby runs around with his in a holster on his belt. I firmly believe that the knowledge that anyone could have a gun on them does deter crime, especially crimes against women. I would and have voted for open and concealed carry, but personally I would like for them to be required to have a permit as that requires a safety course. Legal age here is 21, thats why I like the safety course thing.

Yes, usually mine is in my bag unless it's certain scenarios like I mentioned. I agree about the permits/safety course. I don't mind them, I think they are good, especially because some people have something that happens to them or a close family or friend and they decide they want to carry but don't have history of being raised around guns and shooting like I was, I think the courses are beneficial for everyone, but especially situations like that. Thankfully I've never been in a situation where I felt like I needed to pull my gun either at home or when I'm out, but it makes me more comfortable to have one. I'm 5'4" and only 128 pounds, I'm not a big person, I feel better knowing I have something that I can use if I absolutely needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member