OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me wonder if DR or HR had a gun in or near the bed. Might have saved their life, then again maybe not if they did not awaken.
These folks had guns and were familiar with them. I don't think they ever woke up. If they were awake, like we believe CR1/GR were, or possibly DR, then I think it was such a total surprise to them that they didn't have time to get their guns. I had a friend who was in a motel room. They always carried. Had their gun on the nightstand and were hanging out with some friends watching t.v. before calling it a night. Some of the friends were even carrying. A couple guys busted through the door of their room w/their guns drawn and told them if they reached they died. They took all of their money and anything else they wanted and left. This was in an older motel, with exterior doors. I try to avoid them now.

I think it's so they know they are protected. Also depends on how original birth certificates are filed. No dad listed, it takes time for the dna match, possibly.

There was an article last week that said LM and his wife have hired an attorney to try to get custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an article last week that said LM and his wife have hired an attorney to try to get custody.

Yeah & I think LM said he didn't think the father was listed on the BC.

I've read and read until I am blue in the face. I am still convinced that my first theory that BJM was involved. I can't get by her statements and unexplained actions. There honestly isnt another explanation that sounds feasable to me. Cartel would of killed them all, including the children and dogs. Someone had to be able see enough to not accidently hit the babies next to their parents. The parents were shot multiple times in the head. So that tells me the killer/killers either turned the lights on or it was already light enough to see. First 911 call with BJM, she called police and asked to speak to a deputy at 7:49 to let them know her bil (KR1) looked like someone beat the crap out of him. She sounded like she was already outside when she made the call, she had to be near the mailbox to give them the address. Remember she left her cell in the car to charge. The driveway was near the mailbox. At least a minute went by until she gave them the address. Then she continues on in the conversation and tells them another person is also in the house dead and his name is Gary Rhoden. She explains there is blood everywhere. She says something about the bathroom, which I didnt catch. She then proceeds to offer information to dispatch, the front door was locked but she knew where the key was. She then proceeds to talk to another person at the scene and the dispatcher says she will send deputies out to address to not go into the house or let anyone else in. . Next, she goes to Frankies trailer, that door is also locked. She yells for Frankie or Brentley, let me in, its Aunt Jo. How did she know Brentley was there because according to the mother she dropped Brentley off late in the evening before. BJM never states she looked through a window and seen him. She says she went to the door and yelled to him to let her in. Then later in interviews with LM and BJM we learn there was another couple with her. Her brother was also on the scene quickly (JM) He went to a third residence and heard a baby crying, let himself in residence of DR and seen her feet and backed out of the door. Who called her brother? Who are these two mysterious people? She goes on to say that one of them followed her in a residence but she couldnt recall who. Is she waiting on to see whose fingerprints they found if any? Then she will remember who it was? Now you have KR living down the road, some distance in a almost desolute area way back off the main road. He is dead, but no one thought to check on him until 130 that afternoon. Then you have another relative only 500 yards that was left alone and is still alive. I know I missed some key points but all fingers point to her and possibly the mysterious people and maybe her brother. I am not even engaging in the idea of a cartel hit, they would of not known this area that well. I have never been to this area but in the dark I'm sure homes would be hard to see at night. With all the junk in these yards, someone would of tripped over stuff trying to leave. Unless you knew the area really well, the home layout real well and the exact locations of each house do I see this to be none other than family member.

I don't think she did it, or was involved w/actually being there at the time, but I do think she has played a roll, either directly, or indirectly. I don't know how I'd act in that situation but some things just don't add up. They don't w/DS either. Maybe they were acting a bit suspicious b/c both of them knew about the marijuana operation and knew a whole slew of cops were fixing to swarm down there and start questioning them, and self-preservation instincts kicked in.

Just because somebody close to the family and/or a family member hasn't been arrested yet does not IMO mean they were not involved. LE may still be building their case and have the person (s) under the radar. I mean, where is the person going to go? If they did leave/relocate, that's not going to look right either, is it? I'm just not convinced that just because nobody has been arrested yet that had direct ties, does not mean that may not have been involved. I am not accusing a family member of being involved, I'm just saying IMO just because they are still on the loose does not rule them out yet at this point.

Just because somebody close to the family and/or a family member hasn't been arrested yet does not IMO mean they were not involved. LE may still be building their case and have the person (s) under the radar. I mean, where is the person going to go? If they did leave/relocate, that's not going to look right either, is it? I'm just not convinced that just because nobody has been arrested yet that had direct ties, does not mean that may not have been involved. I am not accusing a family member of being involved, I'm just saying IMO just because they are still on the loose does not rule them out yet at this point.
I agree with much of what you're saying, but in this case I just don't think BJM could of pulled this off...be it directly or indirectly. I've just never thought she was involved. I think her pattern of speech, and any mixups in things she has said are just because of "the way that she is". I don't think she would of held up under the interrogations, and would of "cracked" long ago. JMO

No one has mentioned that giving everyone a poly would open up avenues of justice.Most would fight such a request.
The, bare down,Some the AG can not make take the poly.elected officials..JMO.

There isn't a yippee moment here. TOX reports should be coming in this week, if not already. Release them asap, please. Most likely wishing...

No one has mentioned that giving everyone a poly would open up avenues of justice.Most would fight such a request.

If I understand correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong, lie detectors are not admissable in court, are they?

I can't read anymore its all become so confusing and all over the place. You read something and think ok maybe thats what happened then read something else and think no ok maybe thats what happened. I have decided that they know who did this and they are just waiting for the opportune moment for this person to screw up or whatever and in the meantime they are collecting evidence for the conviction of without a doubt so they are being very careful not to mess this up so they not only pick this person or people up but know without a doubt that they have it hook line and sinker and this person is going away forever. I have been a member of Websleuths way back when the Scott/Laci Peterson case came about, they knew he did it without a doubt, could not get evidence to prove it so they lay in wait until he screwed up then nailed him on the run. This person is gonna say something or do something stupid and they are gonna nail it to them, and if you recall the suspect usually goes back to the scene of the crime because of anxiety or whatever but they always do so i think they know who it is and they are watching this person while trying to make sure there are no slip ups in proving this without a doubt. Thats why they are so quiet they already know who did it.

This subject of BJM being the perp has come up every few days, and I've made similar comments several times. There is absolutely no way she is involved. She didn't kill her sister, brother-in-law, and nieces and nephews. It just didn't happen. IF she had done it she'd be in jail by now. They took her clothes. I'd have to bet they tested her for gun powder residue. They day they arrest her and she's charged I'll eat my crow, but it just isn't going to happen.

I agree, if it was as easy as one of the obvious family members they would have cracked the case by now. None of them appear to be sophisticated enough or even estranged enough to murder cousins, sisters, friends. I have two sisters, one on fb and one not (political differences) I hang out with the one I relate to. The other one I love but don't really hang out with very often.

BTW, I've listened to the 911 call made by an attorney who is desperately begging for help because she should have kept her safe from her psychotic father (Phoebe Jonchuk) - if there's anything I hear in BJM's voice it's the crazy reality that your worst fear has come true.

Also, haven't there been cases where the guilty person has successfully passed a lie detector test, only later to be found out that they were the guilty party? I know I've read of it happening in cases with either psychopaths and/or sociopaths more specifically. I can not name the specific cases right off the top of my head, but I'm sure I have read of it happening.

I agree with much of what you're saying, but in this case I just don't think BJM could of pulled this off...be it directly or indirectly. I've just never thought she was involved. I think her pattern of speech, and any mixups in things she has said are just because of "the way that she is". I don't think she would of held up under the interrogations, and would of "cracked" long ago. JMO
How about indirectly helping? If it is a person who knows this family, who better to chat up, than the person who comes and goes every day, cleans their trailers, has a bit of sibling rivalry with their sisters, so they prime the pump a little and she chats with them. She may not even realize she's helped someone. Or, maybe she has realized it and is terrified for her own safety and that of her own children now. I know it's far out but stranger things have happened.

Yes, you are correct. However it does make you wonder why the father hasn't stepped up ( if he has not). I also still find it odd that HG parents haven't stepped up for her child, assuming they have not. Since we haven't heard anything from or about HG family we are kind of missing a big part of the story.

I think a grandparent might step up.

How about indirectly helping? If it is a person who knows this family, who better to chat up, than the person who comes and goes every day, cleans their trailers, has a bit of sibling rivalry with their sisters, so they prime the pump a little and she chats with them. She may not even realize she's helped someone. Or, maybe she has realized it and is terrified for her own safety and that of her own children now. I know it's far out but stranger things have happened.

I definitely believe this is a possibility. For someone who knew what the family business was about to chat her up and find out details... and then fear for her life while knowing who did it. The thing is, I am convinced she told the police everything she knows.

I'd not really noticed it had read that way before. It does say, Frankie, or Brentley.
Theres always a possiblity that FR or HG or the mother called her late at night to let her know the child was dropped off. This was a unscheduled visit for the child and it took place late in the evening hours.. If you look at the front of the trailer. You cannot see in from the outside, so she didnt see him in there laying on the couch. So how did she know he was there? Just a thought to ponder.

Although I still don't think it happened, I would agree that she could have "indirectly" provided someone with info without knowing it or realizing it. But I still don't think she would of knowingly helped anyone do this. If she had she would of "cracked" long ago.

Whoever did this is up close and has a lot of knowledge if they shot them through their bedroom windows. Walking through the front door, even more diabolical. I still think it's possible that a family member took a gun from a location to undo what one family member did. That's just me & have not set my hooks in that yet because there isn't anything to know yet.

Or a group that is close and knows this family, works among them. or has some power over them (boss type thing) and knows some of the family, hired others to do this most horrible act upon a whole family. It's just so sad.

RIP Rhoden family. It still shocks me to imagine 8 of one family murdered. Young kids too. Babies who lost their parents. Justice needs a faster entrance here.

My biggest disappointment was reading that $135,000 was already spent. That means that's a big budget for this area. I understand. Well, hey OH, spend all you need on this one! No one should ever get away with murdering 8 people. No one.

jmo

If it's true LE found over $160k in the walls then that would really help.

Is it true DeWine said he felt "confident" about the way it was going? Or something along those lines

That's a good idea. Since the babies for spared, that must mean that have atleast someone of a conscience possibly and maybe a polygraph could catch the killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper