OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't BR living with Frankie around then to. Both KR and BR lived with Frankie until a few weeks before the murder?

Yes, BR was living with Frankie and Hannah, when Dana moved into her new home, BR moved into her vacated home. Kenneth did not live with Frankie, I think with so many initials, and 8 victims, also no info that we get confused very easily. I was thinking last night this is so hard to keep all this in order, I really would not want to be LE.
can you imagine the piles of paper and PC files they must have.

Wasn't BR living with Frankie around then to. Both KR and BR lived with Frankie until a few weeks before the murder?
IIRC, BR and KR probably did not get mail where they lived. It's possible that they had their mail sent to 4077 or 4199, but did not actually live there.

An article I read this morning and I cant remember where- I was just googling said that when the woman found them the dogs were outside and the door was locked and that that was out of the ordinary. She said the dogs were inside at night and I don't remember if she said they didn't lock their doors or insinuated that. What really makes me think it was family was the dogs ( pit bulls) . She said they were "very protective" so if that's true if was a stranger they would have either tore them up or barked so loud it would wake the whole house up so they had to be familiar with the dogs as well as to know where the cameras were. If the dogs had went after them I would think they would shoot them and since they were fine

So, in the weeks before the murders, BR, and FR relocated to their own residents. Dana moves in and gets settled into hers. HR has her baby and all the immediate family are nice and cozy in their own homes, on their own patch of land, just minutes from each other. If I played chess, I'd say all my pawns are in place. They really were "sitting ducks" out there weren't they. God bless them.

An article I read this morning and I cant remember where- I was just googling said that when the woman found them the dogs were outside and the door was locked and that that was out of the ordinary. She said the dogs were inside at night and I don't remember if she said they didn't lock their doors or insinuated that. What really makes me think it was family was the dogs ( pit bulls) . She said they were "very protective" so if that's true if was a stranger they would have either tore them up or barked so loud it would wake the whole house up so they had to be familiar with the dogs as well as to know where the cameras were. If the dogs had went after them I would think they would shoot them and since they were fine

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Not sure what to make of the dogs. Part of the killers' meticulousness is that they (probably) accounted for the dogs. Otherwise, if the killers were family members, who did it? And why? Do we have a motive for slaughtering eight of your family members and leaving children motherless? Must be a doozy of a motive. My own hunch is that it'd be easier for LE to identify a motive if family members were involved. It'd be more difficult to identify the killers (and their motives) if they were outsiders who flew under the radar. But I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure what to make of the dogs. Part of the killers' meticulousness is that they (probably) accounted for the dogs. Otherwise, if the killers were family members, who did it? And why? Do we have a motive for slaughtering eight of your family members and leaving children motherless? Must be a doozy of a motive. My own hunch is that it'd be easier for LE to identify a motive if family members were involved. It'd be more difficult to identify the killers (and their motives) if they were outsiders who flew under the radar. But I could be wrong, of course.
and primarily because of the dogs, I am concluding this was NOT the work of outsiders. A disgruntled family member or close family friend. Frankly, this looked like a murder-suicide from the beginning, but with suicide ruled out, it has become very intriguing.

and primarily because of the dogs, I am concluding this was NOT the work of outsiders. A disgruntled family member or close family friend. Frankly, this looked like a murder-suicide from the beginning, but with suicide ruled out, it has become very intriguing.

It's a possibility, I suppose. But, as I said, I'm doubtful. I think we're talking about more than one person, for one thing. I don't see a disgruntled family member talking someone else into helping to annihilate eight lives, leave children motherless, and devastate the survivors. If a family member had that kind of psychotic rage, and a motive that would trigger it, LE probably would've zeroed in on the person rather quickly. DeWine has repeatedly called the murderers "calculating", people who went to great lengths to cover their tracks. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a plan to deal with the dogs. Nothing we know points to an impulsive act. It all seems well-planned and well-orchestrated.

IMO, they were after CR1, maybe GR, FR, and KR (which I think were involved in whatever they were doing), the others could identify or lead them to the killers so they had to be eliminated. No witnesses. IMO the murders have opened up a "can of worms" of all the Rhoden's operations (I'm just combining all of the things they were into with this word) and have lead the LE down to a path of snakes. I think LE pretty much knows who did this, but want to get everyone responsible for what has lead up to this result. The murders of an entire family, so that (I pray to God) it doesn't happen again. Let's face it, we have a " huge" drug problem here that has destroyed families.

It's a possibility, I suppose. But, as I said, I'm doubtful. I think we're talking about more than one person, for one thing. I don't see a disgruntled family member talking someone else into helping to annihilate eight lives, leave children motherless, and devastate the survivors. If a family member had that kind of psychotic rage, and a motive that would trigger it, LE probably would've zeroed in on the person rather quickly. DeWine has repeatedly called the murderers "calculating", people who went to great lengths to cover their tracks. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a plan to deal with the dogs. Nothing we know points to an impulsive act. It all seems well-planned and well-orchestrated.

If it was a family member, my theory goes like this:

Hypothetically speaking, suppose you have a couple of "hanger onners", know the type? Always ready to get a buck or two from you. I know that type! What if the family you're kinda' depending on for $$ and maybe a place to stay suddenly brings in another family member from another state to help run the family "business" and it seems that you're being left out in the cold? Would that make you mad enough to kill them all? It would certainly explain why those 8 were killed. Just one of my few theories.

So many theories out there today. I agree that Chris and Kenny were targets together, or Kenny was insurance along with Jr. and the women. I don't think Kenny or Donald would be capable of mass murder. Too, Kenny needing extra security may come from the fact that living in a camper that he either was hearing somebody nosing around at nite, or at least thought he was hearing somebody nosing around. I have never slept in a camper like he had, but they're probably not insulated as well as a permanent home. He might have heard prowlers, and at the same time, he might have been hearing coons or coyotes. I doubt we'll ever know. If he discussed it with anybody, most likely it would be with Chris, Donald, or Gary, not wanting to upset the women or kids. I really don't have any new suggestions as to"who", but I'm not leaning toward family.

I'd not hedge any bets on the dogs either, even though I do have a theory that it was KR and an accomplice. We had a family dog who bit everyone! He bit people on our property, people he knew, people he didn't know, people off of our property, men, women, and children. It didn't matter to him. (This was in a very different era.) However, our home got broken into twice and our dog, deemed a protective dog to put it mildly, by those who knew him, did nothing. They walked right in, and packed out our stuff. Twice.

I'd not hedge any bets on the dogs either, even though I do have a theory that it was KR and an accomplice. We had a family dog who bit everyone! He bit people on our property, people he knew, people he didn't know, people off of our property, men, women, and children. It didn't matter to him. (This was in a very different era.) However, our home got broken into twice and our dog, deemed a protective dog to put it mildly, by those who knew him, did nothing. They walked right in, and packed out our stuff. Twice.

I lol'd on that one! Old faithful! You never know about dogs. I think in a lot of situations you can befriend a dog by just feeding it something that takes time to eat! I once had some friends that had a minpin, dog was viscous! Always cornered me and growled until one day I gave him a few licks of my ice cream cone. That day he became my best friend!

I lol'd on that one! Old faithful! You never know about dogs. I think in a lot of situations you can befriend a dog by just feeding it something that takes time to eat! I once had some friends that had a minpin, dog was viscous! Always cornered me and growled until one day I gave him a few licks of my ice cream cone. That day he became my best friend!

Yep! Fastest way to their heart, FOOD! lol

I have a cat like that. No joking. People come in, coo, grab cat. I'm yelling "drop it, drop the cat, run, run!"

My brother had a German Shepard that had to be put in the garage when anyone stopped in. One time I gave her some beer. She licked the bowl dry and we were freinds evermore...

I have a cat like that. No joking. People come in, coo, grab cat. I'm yelling "drop it, drop the cat, run, run!"

Had a cat like that myself! He and my stepdad had a love/hate relationship! He'd perform his ninja sneak attacks on him all the time, digging his claws in!

I had a very territorial Calico. My neighbor came down to use the phone, and her 9 month old Blue Heeler pup came with her. Sugar literally ran him out of the yard yelping. Kathy yelled at the dog "I told you to stay home"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove