OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of strange that 1) They left a voice mail, but did not send a press release, nor write anything on their pages. 2) The LE have such bad routines when it comes to handling information, especially days after the murders.

This takes the cake. I live close to the area, have held on to hope that the crime was going to be solved. Kept telling myself they aren't talking to "preserve the case".... Not telling the public anything reassuring whatsoever.
BULLCRAP.
They are out here now and again asking for tips and "forgetting" to mention a $10,000 reward.
I am so saddened by this NOT BEING MADE PUBLIC.
That kind of money in Pike County is enough to make people TALK.
But the media is gone, all we get is a newspaper article now and again. How is this information about a reward going to get out?
Is it too late for this money to make a difference.... ??
DeWine and Pike County Sheriff really dropped the ball on this one.
"WE'RE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL".. Yeah right! Long as they can get paid!
I think its a crying shame that 8 people lost their lives by murder, family and folks living close by will never be the same from fear.
Someone offers a reward and OOOPS we forgot to mention we have a $10000 reward ! WHAT ELSE have they forgot!!

Dang right I am upset. My confidence in law enforcement just dropped to the basement. They should be ashamed.
Call a news conference and announce the reward, but they won't.

Anytime LE holds out non-identifying info on any case means they are holding out. And we KNOW it's fact they have and continue to have non-identifying info they are not making public. And they expect the gen pub to just shrug their shoulders and say I guess that's the way it's gonna be. How stupid do they really think we are? Yet we're supposed to trust them to solve this case before the end of the next decade?!

I have lost hope it being solved. I lost that hope a few minutes ago when I found out there was a reward that could have made a difference and it has nor been mentioned by LE. Makes me sick. :eek:fftobed:

This takes the cake. I live close to the area, have held on to hope that the crime was going to be solved. Kept telling myself they aren't talking to "preserve the case".... Not telling the public anything reassuring whatsoever.
BULLCRAP.
They are out here now and again asking for tips and "forgetting" to mention a $10,000 reward.
But the media is gone, all we get is a newspaper article now and again. How is this information about a reward going to get out?
I think its a crying shame that 8 people lost their lives by murder, family and folks living close by will never be the same from fear.
Someone offers a reward and OOOPS we forgot to mention we have a $10000 reward ! WHAT ELSE have they forgot!!

Dang right I am upset. My confidence in law enforcement just dropped to the basement. They should be ashamed.

I feel your anguish, frustrations, heartache and more. I have followed this case from the beginning and it just breaks my heart for this family. I try to read for updates but, nothing.

Hopes are high and I just can't understand WHY something more hasn't been accomplished. Bless your heart, I hope justice will prevail for the lives of 8 people that were murdered by cowards.

JMO 🐮

BULLCRAP.

pshh there wasn't any reward or it would've been released. I believe that was a lie from crime stoppers

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/21/official-10k-reward-offered-rhoden-case/87391848/

But Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said he was surprised to learn of the reward money Wednesday while watching a televised news report. He sent a member of his department to Ross County on Thursday to meet with Weber in order to understand how the miscommunication happened. He said he believes Weber's office might have been sending the information to the defunct email address of a former Pike County sheriff.

That defunct e-mail should have been removed from PCSD computers when Reader took over the sheriff position. I am quite sure they have one or two full time office personnel who should have done that the first week Reader was in office.
I would think the office that sent the e-mail would have got it back stating it was not an active address. I have a Samsung flip phone I've had for at least five years, and if I send a text to a number that isn't working, I get the nsg back, telling me it's not an active number. I believe computers work the same way. And the e-mail should have come back within a couple of minutes. Furthermore, every LE in the country has a fax machine.

I don't know if it is his intent to deceive or the truth when DeWine always says we will eventually get this case solved. I sure hate to think that they really don't know who did this by this time. Could there actually be FOUR crime scenes with no mistakes by the perp(s)? With all the ways to process evidence these days and ID people from it, it is hard to believe they have not solved this case...

It was probably JJ that did it and once again law enforcement is protecting their own even in wrongdoing

Was glad to finally get some kind of response from LE. He said they are getting tips every day. I saw on TV someone talking about the sniper case in NJ. The person talking said it was tip5,300 something that finally led them to an arrest. And, they had the right suspects and did get a conviction. I am hoping that will happen in this case.

pshh there wasn't any reward or it would've been released. I believe that was a lie from crime stoppers

If you offer a reward, and don't hear or see anything mentioned about it for MONTHS, you reach out to double check that the message got through. No freakin' way you put up thousands of dollars, and don't follow up. And if that should be the case, CrimeStoppers really need to evaluate their routines and how they handle the money donated to the work they're supposed to be doing.

More than ever I think the hens are guarding the hen-house. I think they do know who did it - and it's a debacle for the whole flock... the ax is waiting to fall. And one evil rooster is strutting his stuff - but I think he will disappear from the picture if he hasn't already. If my theory is right, this case will fade away into oblivion.

Who knows. They could be stalling to write the story as to what happened from the evidence and say the perp has disappeared and never be found. They could make sure the perp is never found...

Who knows. They could be stalling to write the story as to what happened from the evidence and say the perp has disappeared and never be found. They could make sure the perp is never found...

Mixing LE with politics seems like a recipe for disaster. In Norway we don't elect LE, so at least we don't have to question their motives when they ****** up.

My initial reaction to Reader and Dewine was: "They must be really confident to appear this clueless". I've seen my fair share of American crime series, and I figured they were pulling some "Columbo"-stunt, and secretly were on top of it all, just needed a little time to put it all together. Now I think it wasn't an act at all, they really are complete amateurs.

The fact the family won't talk to the press, "because they did not want to offend law enforcement officers", is very telling, imo. Are they more afraid of LE than the perp(s)? I don't think they came up with that on their own, I think they're keeping their mouths shot 'cause LE don't want them to tell what they know about the investigation, for whatever reason, and they have something (the kids?) as leverage. MOO!!!

: The fact the family won't talk to the press, "because they did not want to offend law enforcement officers", is very telling, imo. Are they more afraid of LE than the perp(s)? I don't think they came up with that on their own, I think they're keeping their mouths shot 'cause LE don't want them to tell what they know about the investigation, for whatever reason, and they have something (the kids?) as leverage. MOO!!!

where did you see this and who said it? And yeah cops are killing innocent people all over the nation and the cops are covering it up.. When JJ killed a guy in a high speed chase last year, was that even on national news? I believe it was on the local news for maybe a day

I for one don't think this will ever be solved. The reasons:

1] Powers that be don't really care. If it happened in a tony neighborhood around Columbus it'd be a different story.

2] Anyone notice how the public attitude changed as soon as it was revealed that the Rhoden's were growing weed?

3] I happen to believe they were into much more than weed. Like transporting something white and powdery. This, I believe, is what got them killed and I don't think the BCI gives a darn.
Kind of like "oh well, a few less dirt bags we have to worry about". Of course their place has already been taken by others.

4] The PCSD is in so far over its head they drowned months ago.

5] ALL of the Appalachian Area's LE is not only overwhelmed with the drugs flowing north but also consumed in their own counties and is also contaminated with "dirty cops".

6] Has anyone ever wondered why that Cincy restaurateur that put up a $25,000 reward a day after the crime so rapidly withdrew it due to "ongoing criminal investigations"?????
I'd have loved to have been privy to phone call or in person conversation that caused him to backtrack so quickly.

7] See number #6. It has me really wondering.

And NO, the people that express fears for their safety because they live within 50 miles shouldn't worry. This was a TARGETED multiple killing although some of the victims were in wrong place
at wrong time. If you're still alive you have nothing to worry about.. They got all they wanted that one night.

I for one don't think this will ever be solved. The reasons:

1] Powers that be don't really care. If it happened in a tony neighborhood around Columbus it'd be a different story.

2] Anyone notice how the public attitude changed as soon as it was revealed that the Rhoden's were growing weed?

3] I happen to believe they were into much more than weed. Like transporting something white and powdery. This, I believe, is what got them killed and I don't think the BCI gives a darn.
Kind of like "oh well, a few less dirt bags we have to worry about". Of course their place has already been taken by others.

4] The PCSD is in so far over its head they drowned months ago.

5] ALL of the Appalachian Area's LE is not only overwhelmed with the drugs flowing north but also consumed in their own counties and is also contaminated with "dirty cops".

6] Has anyone ever wondered why that Cincy restaurateur that put up a $25,000 reward a day after the crime so rapidly withdrew it due to "ongoing criminal investigations"?????
I'd have loved to have been privy to phone call or in person conversation that caused him to backtrack so quickly.

7] See number #6. It has me really wondering.

And NO, the people that express fears for their safety because they live within 50 miles shouldn't worry. This was a TARGETED multiple killing although some of the victims were in wrong place
at wrong time. If you're still alive you have nothing to worry about.. They got all they wanted that one night.

You could be right: incompetent cops forgetting about the reward, corrupted cops that kill people or cover crimes, drug lord who kills 8 in 4 homes including a young mother with her infant in her arms. Politicians who don't care.

But I think there is a much simpler explanation to this situation.
- crime is domestic
- no witness, no proof to convict
- the case is difficult to prosecute given the multiple criminal angles.
- reward is useless because they're not searching anybody outside.

I do agree on one thing: probably won't get solved ... unless the killer confesses.

You could be right: incompetent cops forgetting about the reward, corrupted cops that kill people or cover crimes, drug lord who kills 8 in 4 homes including a young mother with her infant in her arms. Politicians who don't care.

But I think there is a much simpler explanation to this situation.
- crime is domestic
- no witness, no proof to convict
- the case is difficult to prosecute given the multiple criminal angles.
- reward is useless because they're not searching anybody outside.

I do agree on one thing: probably won't get solved ... unless the killer confesses.

Explain why you think this is a Domestic crime.
Agree with the multiple motive angles. Agree with "no witness, no crime". Agree with reward being useless unless crime is local.

Don't agree with this as a domestic crime. No need to kill eight people in four different locations if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave