OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one, don't think this was domestic. I do believe LE is working to solve it, just not in the right places. Time will tell!

If you offer a reward, and don't hear or see anything mentioned about it for MONTHS, you reach out to double check that the message got through. No freakin' way you put up thousands of dollars, and don't follow up. And if that should be the case, CrimeStoppers really need to evaluate their routines and how they handle the money donated to the work they're supposed to be doing.

The whole story sounds fishy to me, sorry. There's no way anyone "forgot" about this reward. JMO

Just saw this in the news today. May or may not have anything to do with the case, but it's something to think about.

5th Family Gunned Down in 2 Weeks in Mexico

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/5th-family-gunned-weeks-mexico-40814022

Mexican criminal gangs used to avoid targeting the family members of their rivals. But in recent weeks, gunmen have mowed down fathers, mothers and children indiscriminately.

Michoacan state prosecutors said the latest killings occurred in the drug-plagued city of Arteaga, once the headquarters of a Knights Templar cartel leader.

In one attack, 8 members of a family were killed, in another it was 11 family members.

ETA #2

This news story was probably linked before, but am posting it again because it has a map of known cartels operating in the US and their connections to Kentucky.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31172522/a-look-at-the-mexican-drug-cartel-pipeline-from-southern-california-to-kentucky

"What you have with couriers coming from California into Kentucky, what is affiliated with that, is violence," Pepper said. "These folks are moving a lot of dope. There is a lot of money behind that, there is a lot of threat of death, if the couriers are crossed by rival competition."

The DEA map shows the Sinaloa and the Knights Templar Cartels in Louisville. The Knights Templar is considered to be just as dangerous as the Sinaloa Cartel.

BBM

Yeah, with everything that has happened in Pike county in the past 9-12 mo, I will be surprised if JJ is NOT involved! There's just something about him that really makes my nerves stand on end.

I, for one, hope that LE wasn't involved. I would hope, if that was suspected, it would have been brought to the surface already. Surely, out of all the people assigned to this case, someone would have done the right thing and blown the cover.

Now, JJ on the other hand, from what understood, isn't employed as a cop right now, just receiving pay as ordered by the union?

I am not sure he's getting paid. If I read yes or no, I've forgotten. I have to remember he has a wife and son, and they need to be taken care of. She has pretty much stayed out of the limelight, so I don't think anything has been said about her working. Going to be checking on some stuff...

I am not sure he's getting paid. If I read yes or no, I've forgotten. I have to remember he has a wife and son, and they need to be taken care of. She has pretty much stayed out of the limelight, so I don't think anything has been said about her working. Going to be checking on some stuff...

He may not be currently on paid leave, but I read a report from Reader that he was forced to rehire him and put him on administrative leave with pay until convicted. My opinion of that report lead me to believe Reader does not like JJ. He said he would never be employed there again. I will post the link when I find it.

I remember Reader said he would never be on his payroll again. I have a feeling JJ has had a small group of friends for awhile now, and that group dwindles down on a regular basis.
Found something interesting...look back on this thread, my tablet is pg 8 post 115, look on that link. New info on 7/18.

It will be interesting to see what a judge says. Enquirer makes a valid point. Prosecutor Junk isn't aware of the law in this matter.

Any legal expertise in here? Does this mean the prosecution will have to testify before a judge at some point, and justify their reasons for keeping this information from the public?

Yeah, with everything that has happened in Pike county in the past 9-12 mo, I will be surprised if JJ is NOT involved! There's just something about him that really makes my nerves stand on end.

I agree - He has shark eyes - I have seen this in a person before. They can be the coolest and cruelest. Drink a beer with you one day and burn down your world the next. He borrowed guns from Junk - who else? I could be wrong, but what if one of the guns that murdered eight people belonged to the DA, or the sheriff? How would they deal with that? That's what I can't stop thinking about. Sounds like an Ann Rule novel - but he hit an old man in a crosswalk... that's a lot like hurting small animals or shooting people for the rush - or the rush of anger when the Rhoden brothers stood up to him and/or ridiculed him... He is the only local with the skills and expertise to commit this crime who has already committed other crimes of murder. It has occurred to me that big CR dissed him with GR for backup. KR kept the bankroll. I bet something else was left behind in mockery, along with the money thrown. Again, I do have a great imagination. But I haven't heard another story that has convinced me this isn't the likeliest scenario.

P.S. I think RJ is a phony baloney. Wish I could go on vacation when somebody is hounding me! Just a facade to avoid a confrontation when he knows he's in the wrong. Releasing autopsy results is not going to do any harm to this case! It's not like the killers don't know what time they did this, and they absolutely know how many bullets they put in each person. The only thing releasing that info is going to do is make everyone want them arrested and sentenced even more. People are going to hate them a little more. So what?

I remember Reader said he would never be on his payroll again. I have a feeling JJ has had a small group of friends for awhile now, and that group dwindles down on a regular basis.
Found something interesting...look back on this thread, my tablet is pg 8 post 115, look on that link. New info on 7/18.

The widow is suing him? But is JJ still living at East Seventh Street? I thought he moved. Wouldn't the court have the new adress?

grow73, I don't really know about that type of court proceeding. Ray, where are you?

Looks like it! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I would assume that he is still living at that address. Since they are neighbors, she would definitely know where to have the paperwork sent. I hope by the time he gets thru all his trials, he spends a LONG TIME in jail.

Looks like it! Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. I would assume that he is still living at that address. Since they are neighbors, she would definitely know where to have the paperwork sent. I hope by the time he gets thru all his trials, he spends a LONG TIME in jail.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he moved away. He was ordered by court to stay away from the Rookers and the Bradys, living on the same street as the Bradys could make that difficult.

I put a lot of faith in the press when it comes to keeping this case alive. Here is more from Enquirer's Chris Graves, and she's "not going away", as she said in a tweet earlier today:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/22/pike-county-family-clings-hope/87337798/

I would imagine he would have no problem staying away from the Brady's. If he is still living in the same place. Hopefully, he's paranoid and spends the two minutes it takes to walk out and get the mail looking over his shoulder, hoping he won't get ambushed.If I were in his shoes, I'd become a hermit.
Read the latest on the Rhodens, I wonder if Stacy and Geneva are really in any sort of danger, or if people sneaking around and trying to get in their homes are just nosy sleazebags hoping to find"souvenirs" from some of the victims.
The fact that Kenny was shot in the eye is just horrible. Nobody should ever have to experience something like that, even though I feel certain he wouldn't have lived more than a few seconds. The only person who should ever have that happen is the person who did that to him.
I guess we have no idea if any of the family are following this, but if they are, I hope they have their reunion this year. I think keeping up family traditions is a good way to help with the healing process.

So this is what's new:

KR was shot (once) in the right eye

KR slept with a loaded gun

KR was a light sleeper

The family think it was someone the dogs knew

The family is not buying the cartel theory due to the unharmed children

Former incidents at SLR's (KR's ex) and at KR and CR's mother's place

They are keeping the youngest children away from the relatives without giving any reason

There is a custody battle

All dogs are being taken care of!

Edit
One more:

The Rhoden side of the family is more willing to talk than the Manley side. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave