OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, these two things are significant. I just don't get why the Rhodens can't even visit the children. What possible harm could that do? Hell, even if the murderers are family members, they are still family. Parents who lose custody of their children for abusing them often still get supervised visitation. There is zero reason why Geneva shouldn't get to see those babies.

Is it possible they fear for the lives of the children?
Maybe they think if the Rhoden's visit they might follow to wipe the rest of the family out?

I certainly agree with you about visitation being supervised those babies need to and should have a right to see their real families. Watching ID channels along with other crime tv, I've seen visitation given to the other family members. I'm so clueless here 😥

JMO 🐮

I still think lack of visitation is strictly the state hoping the Rhodens will eventually go away because there's too much red tape and state BS. I agree with everybody else, the family should be able to see the babies, and placement is way past due. Just more bureaucratic BS. They need an Atty who will either work pro bono or for a drastically reduced rate who's expertise is dealing with child custody and with the state.

My ex once shot himself in the head with a small caliber gun, a revolver iirc, during an intoxicated game of russian roulette:facepalm:. The bullet did not penetrate the skull, but went in through the skin of his forhead, slided along the skull for 2-2,5 inches, and came out on the top of his head. He was fine, and ran away from the police and the ambulance people. (When I say he was fine, I mean that in a broad sense, something is obviously wrong when you put yourself in that situation.)

My point being: If you have a small caliber gun, shooting through the eye would be the safer way to go. (ref KR)

I hope that cured him of drunken games! I had a friend who was hit at the very top of his forehead. The bullet grazed his head, breaking open the skin and bouncing off. I think he was about 16 or 17. I think it scared everyone he was with so bad that was the only time they messed with a gun!
To obiwankenobi: can you provide a link to the article or video you were referring to in post 261? I cannot remember that particular scenario. Help!

I hope that cured him of drunken games! I had a friend who was hit at the very top of his forehead. The bullet grazed his head, breaking open the skin and bouncing off. I think he was about 16 or 17. I think it scared everyone he was with so bad that was the only time they messed with a gun!
To obiwankenobi: can you provide a link to the article or video you were referring to in post 261? I cannot remember that particular scenario. Help!

Not sure that incident taught my ex anything. He died a few years later from heroin, breaking my daughters heart and innocence.

I think the article obiwankenobi is talking about has been updated several times, it probably looks different now.

Is it possible they fear for the lives of the children?
Maybe they think if the Rhoden's visit they might follow to wipe the rest of the family out?

I certainly agree with you about visitation being supervised those babies need to and should have a right to see their real families. Watching ID channels along with other crime tv, I've seen visitation given to the other family members. I'm so clueless here ��

JMO ��

I have always thought the 3 young ones were not seen/overlooked.After what was done to the adults there was no reason to leave them alive. jmo idk

I can understand why they (little ones) have not been returned. jmo

They're not letting the family see the babies because someone in the family is a suspect. BJM, DS?? I'd like to hope neither were involved but who knows? It would make sense on how they got past the dogs

The way this case has gone from the start, it seems like two-thirds of Pike county are suspects. I still say it's just state BS. IF this was family member who did this, they KNEW the babies were there and alive. I doubt they would be in any danger with family. Since they were not harmed on 4/22, they are not in any danger, if in fact it turns out to be family. Whomever the killers are, I don't believe they are family. I still say, hired guns from out of town. If it turns out to be cartel related, the kids could have been spared just to throw suspicion off of them, to confuse LE even more. Out of town or cartel killers would also know the kids had never seen them before, nor will ever see them again, so there was no danger in allowing them to live!
P.S. I'm over the how and why on the dogs. If LE didn't have the aforethought to have blood samples taken and tested from the dogs, we are just screwed as to why they reacted, or lack of reaction toward the killers.
I know, my brain is in overdrive today!

I agree, the babies need to be with family. Regardless the victims were into some shady business, but I don't think what THEY did should have any reflection on all of the aunts, uncles, and cousins who would give them a good home life to grow up in. Kylie has two adult men who are her potential father, and they should be allowed to take the paternity tests and get on with court proceedings. The decision to place the babies in a home isn't for the agency to decide alone. A judge has to be in charge and help to make the best decision for the babies in a timely manner. But of course they aren't following protocol either. It makes me feel like they are dragging this out, hoping that eventually the family will decide all the red tape is too stressful and back off. LIKE THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! I also think the state has the overall option that people who don't have alot are just dumb hillbillies. That is so wrong to judge others because of their lifestyle. Especially when it comes to calling the shots in other people's lives.
About four years ago a creepy cop had the audacity to tell my DIL my grandson should be adopted out! That was totally uncalled for, and so far from being the truth. I thought that was nothing but cruel. And, I know for a fact he was an absolute liar. And I know if he was lying to me without cause, he was lying to other people.

It honestly does take a long time for them to sort this stuff out CPS. I agree, if family is deemed suitable, then that's where they should go. However, their original parents, for some reason, were hated enough to be slaughtered. The were growing pot, which was illegal. Enough for them to be sent away on felony charges and lose the children, for the time they were jailed, anyway. They took a big risk there. I can see wanting to thoroughly investigate family members who may want the children. But it is a long process either way. This has only been three months. I've seen cases take up to a year or more. Especially if a parent wants the child and had some iffy history and was trying to clean up their act to be able to get their child. But with something like this case, I'd hope they'd be thorough.

My ex once shot himself in the head with a small caliber gun, a revolver iirc, during an intoxicated game of russian roulette:facepalm:. The bullet did not penetrate the skull, but went in through the skin of his forhead, slided along the skull for 2-2,5 inches, and came out on the top of his head. He was fine, and ran away from the police and the ambulance people. (When I say he was fine, I mean that in a broad sense, something is obviously wrong when you put yourself in that situation.)

My point being: If you have a small caliber gun, shooting through the eye would be the safer way to go. (ref KR)

I've heard of a similar situation where a .22 bullet didn't penetrate the skull and traveled under the skin and exited...

I'm wondering if Frankie's black eye was actually he had been shot in the eye just like Kenny,

I've thought he was shot in the eye all along. Now, I'm thinking I was right.

Quote: They've told Geneva Rhoden she must file a court motion to start the process to see little KR, now 3 months old, and RR, now 9 months old.And if Tony Rhoden’s heart could splinter anymore. this would be why.“I just don’t understand why mom can’t see them," said Tony Rhoden, Geneva Rhoden's son and the brother of victim Christopher Rhoden Sr. "They are all she has left of my brother. Those kids are all that’s left of him." End Quote

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/22/pike-county-family-clings-hope/87337798/

Then file a motion. Her two surviving sons could surely take this woman to the courthouse to help her with getting a motion filed. The reason behind it is that there are no surviving parents and she is a grandparent. If CPS has your grandchild, you have zero right to see that child, until, and this is in my state, you file to have grandparent's rights visitation. Which, btw, is the ONLY way grandparent's rights are granted in my state. So why not file the motion?

I'm thinking we may live closer to one another than we know. Some of the stories I could tell. . . But, back to the gun,

Quote: [FONT=&quot]A close range gunshot - if the weapon is touching the victim's body - will normally have what is known as an 'abrasion ring' and also a clear imprint of the weapon's barrel. ... [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Entrance wounds are often ringed with the residue of gunpowder and cordite - the two substances contained within a bullet. .....[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Entrance wounds will usually have some kind of discolouration around them; perhaps a black or grey ring caused by the burning of the gunpowder as it makes contact with the skin." End Quote

[/FONT]
Interesting article, and I could see why she'd think FR had a black eye based on what I have read here. I think they crept in, and shot them in the head, an no one ever woke up, at least not enough to know what happened. Which, they could have either had keys as they were trusted by the family or, knew where keys were hidden. CR1 just so happened to be awake and GR was there.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html

We all have different opinion on this and I am fine with this. That's the fun of websleuth

I believe it was done by a member of the family or someone close because it's the reality of mass murder in America today: coworker kills coworkers, student kills at school, relative kills family.

When was the last time a crime gang killed 8 in similar circumstances on American soil? Agreed, it happens in Mexico and could happen here. Is it the most likely scenario?

The behaviour of LE is consistent with a domestic situation. They don't disclose info because they don't need to. They found all the witnesses they need to speak to. They are looking for the weapon, critical to their case. They probably don't think the reward will be useful to find it and it could also waste their time on wrong tracks.

And the statements made in the last article posted are consistent.

Drugs and rogue cops are problems in Pike county. But I see a lot of other problems too:
- domestic violence and violent behaviours in general
- young people with no jobs, teens with kids, instable relationships.
- a lot of guns in good hands and in the wrong hands.

Just add up the ex-boyfriends, the cousins, the neighbors, the road rage. The ingredients of drama grow locally. Don't need to import them from outside the county.

You know, in consideration of that reward, I think you're right. That reward is totally irrelevant if LE has everything they need and are just piecing it all together right now. They might've had everything they needed well before 5/10.

From the Adams County, OH story:

Investigators said they were still trying to figure out just how far reaching Steven Eury's pot operation might be. The smaller part on State Route-348 was just a short distance from where eight members of the Rhoden family were murdered three months prior. That was also an ongoing investigation for Pike County and state investigators.

Sheriff Rogers said he was not aware of any connection between the two events at this point.

"At this point."

Can't help but wonder, though, if any information unearthed in the Rhoden investigation could have contributed to the facilitation of this bust.

Definitely worth noting this event, IMO.

I remain of the opinion that some of the tight-lippedness regarding the Rhoden investigation is due to information related to drug-trafficking, whether it is a factor in the murders, or not.

For some reason, I do not see post #'s. I will go back and try to figure out which one it is.

RBBM amauet

If that's what happened I will be in total denial, cause I can't imagine NOR could I live with myself murdering my family members. AND I could NEVER murder anyone to begin with, my mind can't even go there.

Hurts my feelings to kill a darn bug

jmo

Unfortunately, I have lived long enough to "see" things that happen to "close" families over the years. Jealousy, that your not even aware of, comes out after some family members die. Family you thought would be by your side in times of trouble are gone, or just don't care. I have personally seen this in my family. It is a very hard thing to face in real life. To find out that people really never cared about you and others, only what they can "get" from you.

I never said I thought that a family member "killed" another, but IMO they helped. Maybe not knowing what was really going to happen, but wanting something the other had or thought they had. Who knows, the human mind and emotions are a complicated thing. Just because you think one way, does not mean another thinks that way.

See if this is what you are referring to. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/21/Pike-County-deputy-shooting-rehired.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member