OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking it should be a whole lot more than $5000! I mean, where does the $ come from? I saw on a crimestoppers site in southern Ohio offering $10,000 for a burglary! I guess burglary deserves a bigger reward than 8 lives? And why is this just now coming out? I believe someone dropped the ball there! Not sure which end is to blame! Crazy and very unfortunate!
I agree, late and relatively low amount. Does anyone know how it is funded? Is it funded by family or the state?

If it is funded by family, may be that is all they can afford.

If it is funded by the state, then it is more of communication play to support the politics. It can't be a big strategic move, why continue to put so many people on the case and just offer 5000 reward?

And by the way, was any progress made in the Newsome family of Lucasville case? Is there a reward too for this one?

I'm thinking they must have put up a collection (the family). I guess it's better than nothing but we certainly aren't getting very far in this case so I guess anything might help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The reward should atleast be listed at $1 mill.. After they give the information, then tell them thanks but you don't have a million to give. Lol

5K isn't much to risk your life to talk against the out of town drug cartel. What is a realistic amount in such case?

Perhaps 5K is enough to find out from locals "who sold a weapon to Mr X" or "where Mrs Y threw away the gun to cover up"

Does it look like LE is after a big crime organization?

I don't know where the money is coming from for the reward, but I don't think it's coming from the family. They seem to have enough struggles with most parents raising families with kids still in school.
In Tex., crime stoppers will take any info on any unsolved crime and you are given a number to identify with the information you have given, and if an arrest and indictment (hope that is spelled close to right!) You will collect $1000.00 for your help. They don't pay a dime more, from what I understand. However, if the town or an individual or group put up a larger reward, you would turn info in to the local LE.
In Kan., several years ago, a rig had been tampered with and two men were killed in the explosion. There is a $50,000.00 reward for that crime, and there have been no arrests in that case.
I believe they might be thinking gang or mob being behind all of this, but I'm not sure if this crime goes that far up. I am still thinking maybe Pike co, and branching out to a few surrounding counties, with hired killers from out of town. We have the Newsome case, the Rhoden case, the case in Ken., that mimic one another, and now a case with the same MO in Geo. Now I am wondering how Ohio and Ken. could possibly tie into Geo.��

Crime Stoppers -
I assume they are all run the same way, regardless of what State.
I understand for reward money, they rely on donations from individuals and corporations as well
as general fund raising. All tax deductible.

Checked for reward in Newsome case: family members have posted a $1500.00 reward for info. Somebody else is offering $200.00 reward for the gun used in the murders. That's all I have found so far...

If each of us that posts here and other sites just gave $1.00 we could get the reward up significantly!!! Gues we would need someone to collect and then see to it that it gets to Crime Stoppers specifically for the Rhoden case. JMO

Contact tlcya? That would probably be the best way to get some advice thru Websleuths. Or contact Chamber of Commerce in Pike county. Great idea!

Well, it says it's always been in place, but something got mixed up and know one knew about it? Tomorrow is the anniversary date, I wonder what kind of " fluff" piece they'll come up with this time? I swear, I swear! Lord God above! How is the family handling this? I can't, and bless them for being able to!

If they dropped the ball on this, it makes me wonder what else is being left "laying around" ? Come on people, am I the only one who feels that somethings going on here? IMO, it feels like we are getting the "run around" and for me personally I'm mad about it!

Anytime LE holds out non-identifying info on any case means they are holding out. And we KNOW it's fact they have and continue to have non-identifying info they are not making public. And they expect the gen pub to just shrug their shoulders and say I guess that's the way it's gonna be. How stupid do they really think we are? Yet we're supposed to trust them to solve this case before the end of the next decade?!

Anytime LE holds out non-identifying info on any case means they are holding out. And we KNOW it's fact they have and continue to have non-identifying info they are not making public. And they expect the gen pub to just shrug their shoulders and say I guess that's the way it's gonna be. How stupid do they really think we are? Yet we're supposed to trust them to solve this case before the end of the next decade?!

I know, it makes me feel like they think the public is stupid or something. And that to me is insulting, not to mention I'm only about 50 min. away from where this happened. I don't feel safe. I can only imagine how the family and people of pike county feel. To not know who, why, and a whole family wiped out? Why would they stop at two people or one? They already had the nerve or crazieness to kill eight people and by not knowing anything, it scares the crap out of me. It's like floating in mid air with no one to catch you! I am so frustrated!

Yeah, makes me think PCSD is about as useful as C'VALE police are. And after living there for 15 years, I know why nothing ever got solved. Luckily we never had any murders in town, but unless the guilty party turned themselves in, or the SD didn't take over, it would never be solved.

Yeah, makes me think PCSD is about as useful as C'VALE police are. And after living there for 15 years, I know why nothing ever got solved. Luckily we never had any murders in town, but unless the guilty party turned themselves in, or the SD didn't take over, it would never be solved.

It is so very sad how life is so de-valued today. Police officers, children, people just going about their everyday life and then just gone.

It is so very sad how life is so de-valued today. Police officers, children, people just going about their everyday life and then just gone.

Yes, it is so very sad. I have a young son and I fear for him growing up in society today. I am so thankful for the home I grew up in where we didn't see people as a color or judge others for their life choices. I was raised to respect EVERYONE. So much hatred in this country right now! I have no respect for people that have so much hatred in their hearts that they could kill another human being with no remorse, or torture people or animals. NONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member