OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KR's sidekick lives approximately 400' across the road from KR's per court records & property records.

There was an A.G. living there at one point and a couple others back some time ago, and seems those two get pulled over pretty frequently like the Rhodens did. Well, much more frequently than I would think that the average person would, anyway. I can't locate the name I had though. It wasn't either of those that I just pulled, though, iirc.

KR's sidekick lives approximately 400' across the road from KR's per court records & property records.

That's what I was thinking. There were two trailers at KR's place. Very short distance apart. I think they rented the other one out and someone was in it before KR put his in there. It's been awhile since I looked at it and I'd have to go back and dig around. But the person I'm thinking has not had their initials thrown around or name in the press. I don't think they were living there at the time of the murders though. I was just curious b/c I think they lived there at overlapping times and if that person might know something. Just curiosity.

OT but is anyone else having trouble with the "reply w/quote" not working? I've had to redo more than once today and I don't think I'm hitting the wrong "reply".

This is one of the popular theories going around here. I wish I could disclose the specifics of what I've heard but it will violate TOS. But yes, I believe (currently) this was a hired hit.

Aw, welcome back!

This is one of the popular theories going around here. I wish I could disclose the specifics of what I've heard but it will violate TOS. But yes, I believe (currently) this was a hired hit.

The callousness of it makes it seem more likely a hired hit. You have to be one heartless sob to do what was done in this case.

Who wants to see a family basically wiped out if it was a hired hit? And by whom? Any ideas?

I just can't let go of the cartel or a rogue cop 🤔

From looking at the Facebook threats "we got u lol" it's almost as if they knew this was gonna happen

From looking at the Facebook threats "we got u lol" it's almost as if they knew this was gonna happen
Yes they made it very clear they were planning something, and there were also statements of getting all of them. The girl who was there during the car incident on union hill made it pretty clear that day of that specific incident the boys from waverly drove 30 minutes just to get to Union hill road & the rhodens happened to go out and scare them away. That was less than 2 weeks before the murders.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Who wants to see a family basically wiped out if it was a hired hit? And by whom? Any ideas?

I just can't let go of the cartel or a rogue cop 樂

Usually, if it's a hired hit, it's another family member hiring one to kill their other family member(s), or ex spouses. Could be a variety of reasons. Still don't know why this guy did it, which brought me to the idea that a family member helped,but things went south. This guy and his friend and the hitman are said to have plotted it out, the case goes to trial in August, but, we've never heard of a reason behind it. I find it weird. I don't know what to think about it, but, it clicked w/this case for me b/c, apparently, for no reason, the guy decides to wipe out his whole family and his sister who lived out of town, just so happened to be visiting at that time. It's just weird, like this one..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-woman-played-role-in-kentucky-shooting-that-left-4-dead/

rsd1200, I just read the thread on the Champion family yesterday. I really haven't figured out how she fits in, exactly, but I don't buy the male friend guilty of anything. And yes, it does remind me of this case, only we don't even have a POI for the Rhodens. I am also following a murder in Kan., and it seems like the killers fell off the face of the earth on that one too.
Where the Rhodens are concerned, I still feel hired hit is to blame in their deaths.

I put in Pike county murders update, and came across a news story that isn't new, but hearing it again, I was surprised that it hadn't really stuck in my mind. Now that another three plus weeks have gone by, it really got me thinking. I don't know how to link, but the video starts out "Rhoden Family Members"...WBNS-10TV June 22. Maybe it will strike a new cord for somebody else if anyone wants to go back and listen.

DeWine is busy taking care of his political future this week. He won't have time for this case...

I like that the reporter cornered him while he was in town to ask about the case, though. IMO, DeWine would like the whole thing to go away. Some of the comments to the article indicate others think the same.

rsd1200, I just read the thread on the Champion family yesterday. I really haven't figured out how she fits in, exactly, but I don't buy the male friend guilty of anything. And yes, it does remind me of this case, only we don't even have a POI for the Rhodens. I am also following a murder in Kan., and it seems like the killers fell off the face of the earth on that one too.
Where the Rhodens are concerned, I still feel hired hit is to blame in their deaths.
I think, in the Champion's case, the son may have gotten so-called "hitman" involved unknowingly somehow (like someone could have been involved, unknowingly, in the Rhoden case and ended up dead), and, like you, I'm not sure of the female in the Champion case either. It seems there's not much they'd have gained, but they've given no motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member