OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost seems like LE thinks that the culprits have nothing but time on their hands to sit and listen to the TV and the radio and read the newspapers. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I still think the killers were from out of town, and for all we know, could have left the state. I know it's not likely, but what if none of the killers were ever arrested? Then there would not be fingerprints on file, and they could be Scot free, unless they get picked up for another crime. Hopefully, that scenario isn't possible. I also wonder how badly LE could have possibly compromised the scenes themselves? They only claimed to have 19 pieces of evidence. Then, when BCI came in, they got another 60 pieces of evidence.
I'm not saying they are incompetent, but Pike county has never had any crime scene like this, and the SD was overwhelmed by everything, and so shocked, just as the gen pub was, and didn't know where to start.
BUT IF THEY KEEP WITHHOLDING INFO FROM US, THEY'RE GOING TO DRIVE EVERYONE TO DRINKING!
I know that they said from the beginning they wouldn't be giving much info out, but all we get is old info LE has reworded. It's so frustrating for us, I can only guess how the citizens of Pike county feel.��

Of all the scenes something is really off with KR's, 2+2 is not equalling 4. MOO
I am really hung up on KR found in bed, 1 shot to the head, yet DS in 1 interview stated there was blood all over.
This has me wondering where the blood came from, was KR shot then placed in bed? I have always thought it strange
that he being so safety conscious and paronoid that someone could get in and that close to him. Maybe the shooter or
one of the shooters was injured in the struggle CRsr's and the blood was theirs. And we know everyone of the crime scenes
has compromised, and contaminated.

I'm getting frustrated with NO new info, but thinking LE is holding back hoping someone is going to slip up.
I am, as I' m sure every one else is wanting justice for the victims, sincerely hoping LE has all the pieces in
place and is only waiting on that one piece.

Where did you see that statement from DS? As I recall it was BJM who said there was "blood all over", DS said something about looking up and seeing blood in KRs eyes iirc.

Where did you see that statement from DS? As I recall it was BJM who said there was "blood all over", DS said something about looking up and seeing blood in KRs eyes iirc.

Going to check for it in media reports, it's been a while since I saw it. Hopefully I can find it quickly.

LE ruled out murder/suicide quite early. Did they really have time to examine the angle of gunshot wounds, process evidence that might have shown tampering of the crime scenes etc., by the time they stated no one was victim of suicide?

I also feel they were way to quick and eager trying to lower the publics expectations, and they are so vague and evasive in their responses, it's ridiculous. Imo thinking LE is involved is far fetched, but the way they are acting I'm starting to think they are covering something up.
If I was a local reporter, I'd be chasing LE officers working the case 24-7.

I'm thinking if DS said there was blood everywhere, it may have seemed that way due to the small camper. He may have been saying there was blood all over the bed, and instead of being specific, he just said everywhere. Walking in on a murder scene, I might say everywhere, due to the fact I would be shocked and sickened finding a loved one who obviously had been murdered. It would be completely different walking in and finding somebody dead from natural causes as opposed to finding somebody covered in blood.

I've been following this since it happened. I went to school in Cincy and went to Athens and back a couple of times so am familiar with the country. Maybe that is why this has captivated me.
My thoughts:
1- Two shooters. No way this is a one man job.
2- IF it was outside [IE. from the "bosses" in Detroit,etc.] people they would have had to have local help. Reason I say this is:
a- A lot of surveillance would be involved to establish patterns, times home, etc.
b- Outsiders, even with a detailed map, couldn't have driven in, done the deeds and driven out again. You can scope the places out in daytime but everything looks different at night.
c- Outsiders for the 2-3 days they'd be in area would stand out like a sore thumb in that area. Everyone knows everyone and what they drive in areas like that.
d- If it was outside people this case will never be solved.
3- Bothers me that KR was only one shot once. Is indicative maybe he was involved in some way [not as shooter]. Maybe a way to leave no loose ends.
4- CRjr was NOT the target.
5- DR KNEW something or someone bad was coming their way.
6- The young girls were just collateral damage.
7- CRsr and DR were primary targets. GR perhaps because of what CRsr might have told him. FR, same reason. CRjr, same reason or collateral damage.
8- If robbery of large sum of money from CRsr was the motive and he kept it at DR's house that would further implicate KR.
9- A rouge LE person or persons would explain a lot. They would have the motive [if they were profiting from and were about to be "outed" or were acting on orders from "Detroit"].
10- A rouge LE would by no means be unusual. The record is over flowing with the number of LE people corrupted by the money in drugs.
11- I think that the BCI either doesn't have a clue or or is covering up.

You made alot of good points. Especially #'s 1,4,9,10,&11. I don't know if I think Dana was a target or not. Robbery seems very likely. But I wonder if they found a large amt of money? And I wonder why they would have left the plants behind. I know it would not be feasible to try and take them all, but the fact that it looks like they didn't take any, is really strange, at least the way I see it. If this was an ordered hit, the pot was surely the thing that tied a connection to Detroit in the first place.
Unless it is stated by LE as fact, nothing leads me to think Kenny was involved.
With all the problems in LE before Reader took over the job, if LE is involved, I think it most definitely will be JJ, and if there are others I think they will have a connection to him, but I doubt if they are still employed by Pike county.
If outsiders were sent to do this, I think they could have not been noticed if they camped out and dressed as hunters. As long as they stayed at the campsite and didn't to the store and risk being seen by townspeople more than once, probably nobody would think to mention them if people thought they were just passing through.

[h=3]It takes multiple tries to post a reply...

The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  1. Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please reload the window.

Never saw that before! Send a pm to tlcya. She could probably help.

Dudly, I did get a weird msg one day, and I guess my tablet had signed me out. Make sure you are signed in, and then when you get ready to post refresh the page first. Hope this helps.

LE ruled out murder/suicide quite early. Did they really have time to examine the angle of gunshot wounds, process evidence that might have shown tampering of the crime scenes etc., by the time they stated no one was victim of suicide?

I also feel they were way to quick and eager trying to lower the publics expectations, and they are so vague and evasive in their responses, it's ridiculous. Imo thinking LE is involved is far fetched, but the way they are acting I'm starting to think they are covering something up.
If I was a local reporter, I'd be chasing LE officers working the case 24-7.

That's a REALLY good point. .....It would be really great for a high profile reporter to take an active even personal interest to put some heat on key players via media

Does anyone think the KR murder might be to throw people off on the motive? Killing KR makes it look like these killings had to do with weed, but I honestly don't think that's the motive here

It's hard to say. We don't know if there is one motive or 10. Everybody has such little knowledge about all of this, our brains are in overdrive.

I've been following this since it happened. I went to school in Cincy and went to Athens and back a couple of times so am familiar with the country. Maybe that is why this has captivated me.
My thoughts:
1- Two shooters. No way this is a one man job.
2- IF it was outside [IE. from the "bosses" in Detroit,etc.] people they would have had to have local help. Reason I say this is:
a- A lot of surveillance would be involved to establish patterns, times home, etc.
b- Outsiders, even with a detailed map, couldn't have driven in, done the deeds and driven out again. You can scope the places out in daytime but everything looks different at night.
c- Outsiders for the 2-3 days they'd be in area would stand out like a sore thumb in that area. Everyone knows everyone and what they drive in areas like that.
d- If it was outside people this case will never be solved.
3- Bothers me that KR was only one shot once. Is indicative maybe he was involved in some way [not as shooter]. Maybe a way to leave no loose ends.
4- CRjr was NOT the target.
5- DR KNEW something or someone bad was coming their way.
6- The young girls were just collateral damage.
7- CRsr and DR were primary targets. GR perhaps because of what CRsr might have told him. FR, same reason. CRjr, same reason or collateral damage.
8- If robbery of large sum of money from CRsr was the motive and he kept it at DR's house that would further implicate KR.
9- A rouge LE person or persons would explain a lot. They would have the motive [if they were profiting from and were about to be "outed" or were acting on orders from "Detroit"].
10- A rouge LE would by no means be unusual. The record is over flowing with the number of LE people corrupted by the money in drugs.
11- I think that the BCI either doesn't have a clue or or is covering up.

I've been following as well and am greatly disturbed at such a heinous Crime of a whole family unit! I agree with nearly all points you have raised with one small exception! The following is strictly my Opinion and 'wanderings' in my head and not known to be factual.

IMO that KR could have been one of the Perpetrators at CSsr's and GR .. IMO they were having discussions possibly over shady business dealings that all were a part of. I think tempers flared and it could have been a heated exchange between KR and CSsr a/o GR. As exchange escalated, CSsr and KR began fighting. When GR stepped in to assist CRsr, a gun was drawn in anger (by other Perp) and GR shot in order to level the playing field in fight. IMO, both CRsr and GR were finished off and drug (if indeed they were drug) to bedroom. The amount of shots and bruising to CRsr. shows a great amount of anger Then plan was hatched to eliminate other potential witnesses, either because of their knowledge of illegal happenings or because of seeing vehicles in drive a/o knowledge of presence of these 2 Perps at CRsr's residence. Any dogs present at CRsr's, FR's, or DR's would be familiar with KR! They could have entered the back area of FR's residence so as not to be seen by any Security cameras and would also have knowledge where, and how to remove or disable ..

IMO, after deeds were done, drove to KR's. KR could have simply said he was tired and was going to lay down a couple hours until DS arrives ... Being a fifth wheel Camper, the bed is over the cab and with dead weight of body would be difficult, IMO, to place victim in bed. The other Perp could have shot KR once he fell asleep, therefore eliminating a only other witness to the murders. I believe this other Perp was well known (family or friend) and KR would have trusted him. Some of the money strewn about could have been stolen from CRsr, a/o one of the other victims. Since law enforcement is noncommittal, KR could have suffered bruising to his knuckles.

I don't necessarily think that law enforcement had anything to do with a cover up; however, I do believe they know or suspicion who this individual is! I also, have an individual, (MOO) that I think it could be! And too much illegal business was going on at those properties for LM, BJM, BR and others, including LEO's, to not know.

Now that I have ventured out to give my thoughts on such a horrible, horrible crime, I pray it will be solved soon and the Perp or Perps are caught and dealt with swiftly!! RIP Rhodens!

Since a camper wouldn't have an awning or a porch cover, I would think anything attached to the roof would be easy to spot. In the dark, not so much. Could have found it with a flashlight after Kenny was dead. With him working a full time job in another town, the killers might have checked it out when he was at work. His place was a little isolated. Probably nobody would have noticed a car driving around in the daytime.

At one point in time there was someone living in the camper beside KR's camper. I wonder how long ago they moved out? How well they knew KR, and the folks who came and went?

At one point in time there was someone living in the camper beside KR's camper. I wonder how long ago they moved out? How well they knew KR, and the folks who came and went?

Was that person BH, the sidekick?

So as of this morning I'm starting to lean towards a hired hit man (or men)... This was someone from the outside, with inside info. but then again, who would want them dead and who would have the money to pay?

So as of this morning I'm starting to lean towards a hired hit man (or men)... This was someone from the outside, with inside info. but then again, who would want them dead and who would have the money to pay?

The only people I can think of are people who could do it themselves.

This is one of the popular theories going around here. I wish I could disclose the specifics of what I've heard but it will violate TOS. But yes, I believe (currently) this was a hired hit.

The only people I can think of are people who could do it themselves.

"Could do" and "would do" is two different things. I'd imagine the person(s) who wanted them dead needed an alibi to avoid suspicion. And they could've "traded" crimes with someone, and no money had to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck