OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the reporter cornered him while he was in town to ask about the case, though. IMO, DeWine would like the whole thing to go away. Some of the comments to the article indicate others think the same.

I think DeWine injected himself in this case for attention but he's getting the opposite type of attention that he wanted... I think he wants it over and done. I'm beguining
to think they have nothing or they know who did it with not enough proof to convict. About the only other option is they know the perp(s) are out of the country...

8 people in one single family killed. Just reading that out loud over and over, you gotta think this was some type of family feud and/or hired hit.

Are we we allowed to discuss maybe arguments or conflicts in this family from the past? I do remember reading that BJM and DR didn't get along, although they were sisters. Any truth to that?

I think DeWine injected himself in this case for attention but he's getting the opposite type of attention that he wanted... I think he wants it over and done. I'm beguining
to think they have nothing or they know who did it with not enough proof to convict. About the only other option is they know the perp(s) are out of the country...

I agree. Apart from a general call for tips, LE is not calling for help to identify specific individuals or vehicles. This is quite revealing IMO. So either they don't really need or they don't know where to start.

This is also why I don't really believe in a "business related" motive with out of town hit men. If it was the case, there would have been a few witnesses, other family members, neighbors, who would have described individuals in business with the family. I assume that by now LE have found all the witnesses they are looking for and have exhausted their leads. Otherwise there would be a more precise call for witness.

IMO, LE knows already about the business network of the family (if any). If LE was still searching people in business with them, we would probably know about it.

We had a recent case in NC where a prisoner(who is serving a life sentence already) acquired a mobile phone and was plotting to kidnap a wake county DA. I thought the acquisition and use of a cellphone was prohibited while in prison. Yet this lifer got one. His gang member associates bundled the job and ended up kidnapping the DA's father and fortunately the FBI was able to free the father. People care way too much for money and one of the prison guards looked the other way. No prison is immuned to this type of behavior by their prison guards. People take risk all the time, unfortunately!

That's even worse than the Tex. case I mentioned a week or so ago. At least nobody got kidnapped or harassed. It takes a really good strong willed person to be a prison guard to see things like that don't happen. But unfortunately, there are extra smart unscrupulous people who manage to pull the wool over somebody's eyes and get hired for a prison job, and they are the ones who do favors and look the other way and allow things to happen like mentioned above.
I ran across a news story from Georgia last nite: Barstow county couple found murdered home. Girl was very pregnant. Toddler was spared.
Is this some sort of epidemic going around, or what?

Somebody has started a thread about the Georgia couple I mentioned above. Parents were killed in bed. Listed on pg 1. Maybe that area is where the killers of the Rhoden family are!

We had a recent case in NC where a prisoner(who is serving a life sentence already) acquired a mobile phone and was plotting to kidnap a wake county DA. I thought the acquisition and use of a cellphone was prohibited while in prison. Yet this lifer got one. His gang member associates bundled the job and ended up kidnapping the DA's father and fortunately the FBI was able to free the father. People care way too much for money and one of the prison guards looked the other way. No prison is immuned to this type of behavior by their prison guards. People take risk all the time, unfortunately!

What does that have to do with this case?

I agree. Apart from a general call for tips, LE is not calling for help to identify specific individuals or vehicles. This is quite revealing IMO. So either they don't really need or they don't know where to start.

This is also why I don't really believe in a "business related" motive with out of town hit men. If it was the case, there would have been a few witnesses, other family members, neighbors, who would have described individuals in business with the family. I assume that by now LE have found all the witnesses they are looking for and have exhausted their leads. Otherwise there would be a more precise call for witness.

IMO, LE knows already about the business network of the family (if any). If LE was still searching people in business with them, we would probably know about it.

Just to illustrate that point with examples taken from other cases (no relation to this one), LE have made no public appeal to locate :
- "a white bronco"
- "a gun owner with a rare pre-WWII ppk gun"
- "a guy on a motorcycle with a unique helmet"
- "2 guys seen with mister XR as per sketch. One has a tattoo..."
- "this man caught on surveillance camera filling up"....

No, LE is not looking for any precise help of that nature. So either they found all the witnesses they were looking for, or they have absolutely no clue where to look.

With 2 dozens resources on that case, I think they have pretty much checked every lead and have spoken to most of the rhoden network. So, if they aren't searching anyone else, it is probably because they don't need to search very far... JMO

Cheers, JK

To Rich: sometimes talking about other things for a few posts helps you to focus better on the original case at hand. Gives your brain a few minutes break. Too much concentration on one thing muddles your thought process! Just like school. We didn't have eight hours of history one day and eight hours of science the next!

Somebody has started a thread about the Georgia couple I mentioned above. Parents were killed in bed. Listed on pg 1. Maybe that area is where the killers of the Rhoden family are!

Do you have a link to the thread? I searched but haven't been able to find it.

Thanks.

FWIW, during the frenzy that was the McStay case, we did have a 'profiler' thread where we tried to look at cases that were similar and different to get some kind of insights. Quite a few of us spent time looking at cases where whole families were killed - some even as far away as Japan and some even as far back in time as the 1800s. It has been a long time but from what I can recall there were two main types of killers that these cases ended up falling into - sometimes there was a family member who just wiped out everyone else (or tried to) - I think these were either stone cold types who just didn't care and wanted to start a new life (think John List or Diane Downs), or if-I-can't-have-you-no-one-can types like Dr. Debra Green. But when it was done outside of the family, we often found a business/profit motive - somebody who stood a lot to lose if they were fired or turned in to the cops or what have you. This case doesn't feel like the former to me, so my money is on the latter. Again, this was a while ago and later tonight if I can I will try to go back and reread that thread - but in the interim just some food for thought.

Southern Ohio Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000. Reward.
Announced at evening news, Columbus TV 10

I doubt 5k will get anyone to talk

Well at least someone is trying something different. With so little info coming out, I wonder if LE wants it to go quiet for awhile? IMO this election year is not helping.

Yes, Lord have mercy. We have to concentrate on the impending election. We can't let a murder case get in the way!

The reward should be $1 mill

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking it should be a whole lot more than $5000! I mean, where does the $ come from? I saw on a crimestoppers site in southern Ohio offering $10,000 for a burglary! I guess burglary deserves a bigger reward than 8 lives? And why is this just now coming out? I believe someone dropped the ball there! Not sure which end is to blame! Crazy and very unfortunate!

Yes, Lord have mercy. We have to concentrate on the impending election. We can't let a murder case get in the way!

Oh, I shouldn't but will. Have you seen the gross amount of money spent on the elections that hasn't made some candidates to the finals or hasn't made them look more appealing? It makes me sick. That money needs to go towards the people trying to live, not to get them elected! This has to go down in history as one of the most enlightening elections. My head shakes to and fro...starting with media and greasing of hands. jmo

There needs to be a reward fund. Is there one? I'm there.

The reward should atleast be listed at $1 mill.. After they give the information, then tell them thanks but you don't have a million to give. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member