OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I take that more to mean that potential "caregivers" or other family members, that the children might be around, might be in danger, thereby placing the children in danger. The potential caregivers may be in danger from those closest to them, or persons they associate with in some way, and not even realize it.

I took it to mean the current caregivers. JMO.

Ray, we could certainly use your opinion and your expertise regarding the last couple of pages of posts!

Wasn't today, the day they were going to "discuss" if it they were going to release the autopsy results to public and families? Is this yet another ploy to take the heat off of the powers that be and keep the public in the dark as usual? JMO Three families? Manley's, Rhoden's and Gilley's or Wagner's? Who of those families would be putting those children in danger? IMO, I'm leaning toward the Manley's. Who keeps getting questioned by LE (BJM) who's was one of the first vechicles towed in this crime? For what reason was that truck taken to BCI lab. Now with that said, I don't think that the Manley's killed anyone. But IMO they had more to do with this than we are aware of. Again JMO.

Okay so what, if any, clues can we get from this? Did the perps think the murders wouldn't be discovered until the children had also died from lack of care?

He pointed out more than once, however, that the killers did seem to purposely spare the children.

Reader disagreed, saying that even though the children weren’t shot, and given the age of especially the newborn, they very well could have died, too, if the scenes had not been quickly discovered.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/04/Pike-County-homicides-custody-case.html

Okay so what, if any, clues can we get from this? Did the perps think the murders wouldn't be discovered until the children had also died from lack of care?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/04/Pike-County-homicides-custody-case.html
Could be. But that would be a pretty dumb assumption in my book. Jr would not be in school, and when friends weren't able to get him on the phone somebody would go to his house. Also, Dana would-be absent from work, people would try to locate her. Plus, Hanna had a new baby, and friends couldn't get her on the phone. Friends might call Hannah or Frankie to ha e them check on the other relatives, and get no answer. Then they might call Chris, same scenario. Sometime that day somebody would find them.

Could be. But that would be a pretty dumb assumption in my book. Jr would not be in school, and when friends weren't able to get him on the phone somebody would go to his house. Also, Dana would-be absent from work, people would try to locate her. Plus, Hanna had a new baby, and friends couldn't get her on the phone. Friends might call Hannah or Frankie to ha e them check on the other relatives, and get no answer. Then they might call Chris, same scenario. Sometime that day somebody would find them.

Unless and this is really reaching, explosives were found.

Oh Lord, I couldn't get to the last article posted because I have run out of free articles!! This case gets more bizarre by the day !

P.S. explosives in all four houses??

Unless and this is really reaching, explosives were found.

I can't remember, was there any sign of a bomb squad on any of the scenes? I know we were really limited in what we saw, but is it a possibility?

I completely agree with you: just trying to keep all details from the public. Otherwise, the other 2 children (and surviving parent) would be in protective custody somewhere, not giving media interviews.

Still more tap dancing by LE. The why of this effort remains the big my mystery. Frustrating!

Still more tap dancing by LE. The why of this effort remains the big my mystery. Frustrating!

Very frustrating, a quick report with nothing new.

I've always said there was more than one person involved. I'm still on the Cartel.

Scary they finally stated the children and others could be in danger. Again, Cartel comes to my mind

The second thought I suggested was a rogue cop

Been my two suspects from the beginning.

I just hope the rest of the family stays safe. If that was me I couldn't live there after what happened, so scary.

According to rsd the area is located in a remote location, very little traffic on that road.

jmo. 🐮

I took it to mean the current caregivers. JMO.

Very well could be, one, or possibly more than one, who've applied as caretaker. However, they are allowing the toddler to stay w/his mother, and the surviving Rhodens, and Manleys, are his kinfolk, same as the other two surviving infants. If they'd not been allowed to see the toddler, I feel that Tony would have made mention of it as he's been rather vocal lately. There's an old saying though, about guilty dogs, and there's been at least three who's barked a bit since April. So, ya never know. . .

I can't remember, was there any sign of a bomb squad on any of the scenes? I know we were really limited in what we saw, but is it a possibility?
As you mentioned, we didn't see much, but I don't remember seeing anyone dressed in THAT much protective gear. I guess I jumped the gun, you were considering explosives as another scenario? I don't know enough about that sort of stuff, I don't know how long of a delay could be put on a bomb before detonation. Just what I have seen in fictional movies. Boy! I thought my heart was gonna stop there for a couple of minutes!

IDK but state fire marshals were there.

In addition, the state fire marshal’s office helped in the investigation, and the Franklin County dive team came from Columbus to, among other things, run special cameras down into wells to look for evidence.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/29/pike-county-lookback.html

And remember what DeWine said?

"This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/marijuana-grow-operation-found-at-ohio-slaying-sites/

What gets me about that early statement by DeWine? It seems a very detailed (thorough?) statement for an initial statement....especially since the in-depth investigation had barely started. Is he that talented that he can walk in, glance around and then come to that conclusion so quickly? Sheriff Reader, on the other hand, initially looked like he'd had the spit scared out of him.

What gets me about that early statement by DeWine? It seems a very detailed (thorough?) statement for an initial statement....especially since the in-depth investigation had barely started. Is he that talented that he can walk in, glance around and then come to that conclusion so quickly? Sheriff Reader, on the other hand, initially looked like he'd had the spit scared out of him.

I think in that short amount of time those very talented investigators came to that conclusion. As far as Charlie's concerned, I think his heart was broken.

One positive thing we can take from today's news - they must have proof of more than one killer. Either DNA, fingerprints, footprints, video, something. They have been so careful on what they've released that IMO they wouldn't say it if they can't back it up with proof positive. Let's hope whatever it is that eventually it will help to identify the killers.

Well, he'd obviously been briefed before he came out to speak. But, basically he stated multiple assailants from the get go: DeWine said. "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the and their prosecution." I don't think he was using figure of speech there. I'm pretty certain they knew there were more than one assailants on day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes