OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished thread #16, and read the article linked on pg 66. It summarizes several things, and gives some family updates. Was glad that the sheriff had the animals checked out, and they were all in good health. To me, that answers the questions of fighting birds and fighting dogs. A veterinarian would have not declared the animals in good health had he seen evidence of fighting or cruelty of any form.

My thoughts also. I do not, IMO believe Gary was doing drugs regularly. I am going on the theory his father KR saying Gary was a hard worker, and the he would give you the shirt off his back.Then again we do not know much of Gary's back ground, as far as that goes we have nothing about the others also.

With all due respect, I've heard that same thing said about quite a lot of my deceased friends, and while it was true, in a sense, it did not mean that they were not drug and alcohol abusers. Gary was shooting up in a parking lot w/his stepfather at one point in time. When you've reached that level in life, you have to make some really big choices to get clean. From all that I've seen re; GR, I just don't think he was clean. I could be wrong and hope I am, but what was public about GR, did not make it seem as if he was living a clean lifestyle.

Very true! He seemed to live a somewhat reclusive lifestyle. Maybe he was close with both sets of parents, and lived with or around them most of the time. There's no way to know for certain, but maybe after his divorce he didn't do alot of dating.

Out of left field, but does anyone know what kind of work that Kenneth Rhoden did at the utilites co he worked at ? I know he went out in the field to work, but what kind of work? Electrical, storm damage, water main breaks? What kind?

Out of left field, but does anyone know what kind of work that Kenneth Rhoden did at the utilites co he worked at ? I know he went out in the field to work, but what kind of work? Electrical, storm damage, water main breaks? What kind?

US Utility is an electrical and telcom contracting company. KR was probably an electrician.

http://www.usutilitycontractors.com/

"Just the facts, ma'am" - Sgt. Joe Friday

US Utility is an electrical and telcom contracting company. KR was probably an electrician.

http://www.usutilitycontractors.com/

"Just the facts, ma'am" - Sgt. Joe Friday

Well the reason I ask is I was poking through the beginning threads of the case this afternoon. You know starting all over trying to see if I missed something. And it got me thinking about the "grow ops" and the new barns, and how it looked like (at least to me) that a couple of those trailer bedrooms could be used for inside growing. I've lived in single and double wides and the number of windows missing in those trailers got me to thinking, that (to me) it looks like some windows have been covered up. And IMO, having an expert electrician in the family around, that knows how to wire things may have came in handy for CR1. IMO an expert that might know of ways to "hinder" electric meters so that they don't show how much usage is being used. Thus, keeping it " under-the-radar of the electric company and the feds. This might be one of the connections that CR1 and KR had. I don't know if it had anything to do with the murders, but it was interesting to me. IMO, the family was into so many things that were legal and non-legal, the strong or violent ways they took care of problems, so many family members that "knew"( IMO) to much about their dealings, some that are either using drugs, greedy who knows, having "shady friends". It's almost like " the perfect storm". Sometimes ( I wonder why) it took so long for something (not what happened) to happen?

We need Sgt. Joe Friday on this case! Again I checked today hoping there would be some sort of an update, but of course that didn't happen. I'm pretty sure when custody hearings begin, there should be something about that in the paper, but who knows. Does anyone know the middle initial of the Fmr sheriff RH?

We need Sgt. Joe Friday on this case! Again I checked today hoping there would be some sort of an update, but of course that didn't happen. I'm pretty sure when custody hearings begin, there should be something about that in the paper, but who knows. Does anyone know the middle initial of the Fmr sheriff RH?

Middle initial is "N".

Appears to be "N" according to this source:

http://www.fightcrime.org/ohio-members/

Austin (TX) PD Chief Art Acevedo is listed as a member of the BOD for that non-profit so I am assuming it is actually affiliated with law enforcement and not just a scam org.

Thanks! Long time no hear. I'm on #17 now, then will be totally caught up! Somebody was confused about relatives, I think I can help. DS mom was a Rhoden by birth. So DS, GR, CR, & KR are all related. DS mom is a sister to GR's dad, and a sister to CR and KR's dad also.
The pic in thread #17, pg 14 of graduation in memory of Hanna R. Was really thoughtful.

It's been mentioned elsewhere that one custody/paternity related hearing was recently held. I didn't (and wouldn't expect to) find any hard confirmation of it.

<modsnip>
Also on March 19, 2016 , local law enforcement agencies joined together in "Operation Clean Sweep". This resulted in multiple traffic stops and several arrests in Piketon.( this info is from thread #2) IMO this resulted from the "pot shipment" they found in Feb of 2016 and probably other "things" (shatter lab, meth labs,etc.) See what I mean about the perfect storm? IMO somewhere along the line someone "narcked " on someone else, or became informants for the police. Again I don't know who or why. Desperate people, do desperate things. All I know is that in the next month, the Rhoden family are dead. It seems to me that there's some kind of pattern here. Again, all my thoughts,

People in small towns talk, and talk, word gets around. Both GR and DS are known to get "high" or drunk and "run there mouths". You know how stories change when they go from one person to another, to another. Again, JMO, but there are all "kind" of reasons for the "why", with so little information( and it's looking like they are "not" going to release anymore) the who, is the hardest part for me. I mean, take your pick.

I had a SIL who narced in Tex back in the 80's & 90's. She did make some money, but I think even the largest bust netted her less than 500.00. I'm not scoffing at that amt of money, wish I had that much today, I'd be choppin in tall cotton!
I feel like alot of people in a place where jobs are scarce would feel the same way. The problem was with her it came in bits and pieces. Nowadays I think people would think twice about that if that money was coming $40 here, another $40 there. A little at a time doesn't do much if you're trying to make a car payment or have a big gas bill to pay.
In thread #17, people were talking about internet for security cameras. Every place I have ever lived, if you lived in the country you either had an antenna, which would not make internet accessible, or satellite. Or they could have a home phone and either have high speed or dial up svc.

I had a SIL who narced in Tex back in the 80's & 90's. She did make some money, but I think even the largest bust netted her less than 500.00. I'm not scoffing at that amt of money, wish I had that much today, I'd be choppin in tall cotton!
I feel like alot of people in a place where jobs are scarce would feel the same way. The problem was with her it came in bits and pieces. Nowadays I think people would think twice about that if that money was coming $40 here, another $40 there. A little at a time doesn't do much if you're trying to make a car payment or have a big gas bill to pay.
In thread #17, people were talking about internet for security cameras. Every place I have ever lived, if you lived in the country you either had an antenna, which would not make internet accessible, or satellite. Or they could have a home phone and either have high speed or dial up svc.

:blushing:

glf, I was thinking more along the lines of someone telling the LE something, so that they could get out of trouble themselves. I never even knew informants got paid. I live in a rural area and we just got broadband, it used to be satellite and dail-up until about a year ago.

Does anyone know when the Rhodens got into the "Car Business" ? I've noticed in earlier photos of the property there wasn't the amount of cars that were there on 4-22-16. I know it took a couple of years for Clarence's property to go through probate and to get everything straight with the family. I think the property might have been all taken care of by 2010. I don't know when Frankie got into the "derby" thing either. I know some of the car clutter were old cars he used for parts.

The reason?...... I used to fix up cars with my ex (one at a time, we didn't have property for it) and you had to have start-up money to buy a car, money to fix it up and sell it. We made a small profit, but you had to put money away to be able to buy the next car and continue and get a more expensive car each time to increase your profit. We had a partner that provided a garage to do the auto-body work and the ex was a good mechanic. ( Know big deal, it helped us to be able to afford a car for our daughter and ourselves.)

If CR1 bought a car at a auction for whatever amount he could get it for, then sold in for about $2500.00. In a year he could make about 30,000. Between his side jobs, Frankie's breeding game *advertiser censored*, and dogs. Selling guns for hunting and things on facebook. Dana selling cars on facebook, and working at the nursing home. HR, and HHG working and the whole family sharing costs together. And all the side-jobs CR1 was doing, I can see them making a living. The question is, where did all the "money" go from the "grow-ops"?

I know if your in an illegal business you would lay-low to not bring attention to yourself. My other ex ( yes I have 2,:blushing: ) spent a small fortune on knives, guns, bows, equipment for hunting. But it's starting to make sense that people might have thought the Rhodens had a stash of cash. All of this growing, car business, new barns, buying more property, seems to have happened in the last 6 years. This would bring attention to people around them, no matter how much they tried to hide it. JMO and my thoughts.

Does anyone know when the Rhodens got into the "Car Business" ? I've noticed in earlier photos of the property there wasn't the amount of cars that were there on 4-22-16. I know it took a couple of years for Clarence's property to go through probate and to get everything straight with the family. I think the property might have been all taken care of by 2010. I don't know when Frankie got into the "derby" thing either. I know some of the car clutter were old cars he used for parts.

The reason, I used to fix up cars with my ex (one at a time, we didn't have property for it) and you had to have start-up money to buy a car, money to fix it up and sell it. We made a small profit, but you had to put money away to be able to buy the next car and continue and get a more expensive car each time to increase your profit. We had a partner that provided a garage to do the auto-body work and the ex was a good mechanic.

If CR1 bought a car at a auction for whatever amount he could get it for, then sold in for about $2500.00. In a year he could make about 30,000. Between his side jobs, Frankie's breeding game *advertiser censored*, and dogs. Selling guns and things on facebook. Dana selling cars on facebook, and working at the nursing home. HR, and HHG working and sharing costs together. And all the side-jobs CR1 was doing, I can see them making a living. The question is, where did all the "money" go for the "grow-ops"?

I know if your in an illegal business you would lay-low to not bring attention to yourself. My other ex ( yes I have 2, ) spent a small fortune on knives, guns, bows, equipment for hunting. But it's starting to make sense that people might have thought the Rhodens had a stash of cash. All of this growing, car business seems to have happen in the last 6 years. This would bring attention to people around them, no matter how much they tried to hide it. JMO and my thoughts.

My guess is they were splitting it. The LE always over estimates what the plants are worth too. They were probably splitting it and stashing it back. CR1 probably used a good portion of his part to buy that trailer that DR was living in. He had to borrow the other 30k. I just don't see them getting rich off the grow op. Extra cash to buy and re-build derby cars and have lots of fun with hobbies, yes. Get rich? No.

I can see if someone was facing several to many years behind bars that could be an incentive to talk. But even then, they would probably still need a decent lawyer. Needless to say, I've heard of making deals, and seems like the person talking ends up with the short end of the stick. Maybe it works out better for some than others. I'm just glad I stayed out of trouble and didn't have to worry about that! And, then again, I know someone who got 18 years and only did a little less than four years.

When the 911 call from BJM was released, does LE release entire 911 calls or do they hold anything back? Probably a dumb question, but I'm just curious.

Help me catch up here guys. Where is this information located. I know the boards have been busy - lots of strife in the world, but somehow I do not recall knowing this? Link please.

The only one among those who died who had any drug charges to speak of was Gary Rhoden. He was arrested in Russell, Ky., in December 2011 after he and his stepfather were caught using drugs in a car in the parking lot of a Dunham’s sporting goods store.
The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so. Officers pulled him from the car and forced him to the ground.
According to court records, Rhoden had Xanax in the pocket of his jeans and other drug paraphernalia. He was charged with drug paraphernalia, public intoxication of controlled substances, and possession of controlled substances but after serving three days in jail, the remainder of a 90-day jail sentence was suspended after he successfully completed a probationary period.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ill-top-priority-for-state-investigators.html

Thank you Ticya, sometimes I get it wrong, (catching the quote) sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129