OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New article today paints a somewhat bleak picture, but the quote below is encouraging to me.

http://www.fox19.com/story/32439511...gation-the-possibility-it-may-never-be-solved

Along with the more than 100 pieces of forensic evidence collected at the scene in the days following the killings, DeWine said his agents are currently working through thousands of pages and files of digital data. Investigators are using cell phone tracking technology to help churn up leads, as well as social media postings and social media communications to – and from – the Rhodens.

If I may refer to the above article, I am concerned that this case is in for a long haul. The AG is restricted , if I may
Talk about the law in my state, if he has to list the criterial reguirements, three of them,,before making an arrest..MEANS,
MOTIVE, OPPORTUNITY..Just a note: I am up to date on all threads and I am throughly convinced the AG is stalling
and all know the killer. Moo

Yes, but...

This case was dismissed because the DA brought it to the grand jury along with the other case. So, the grand jury indicted him for the incident that was dismissed. Make sense? Basically, there were some court/bond costs involved in the dismissal case that he had to pay. But he is definitely still charged for both incidents, under a different case number(s).

Yes, but...

This case was dismissed because the DA brought it to the grand jury along with the other case. So, the grand jury indicted him for the incident that was dismissed. Make sense? Basically, there were some court/bond costs involved in the dismissal case that he had to pay. But he is definitely still charged for both incidents, under a different case number(s).

I'll add a little more. In Ohio, felony trials are handled in Common Pleas court, which in the case of Pike County, does not have their records online like the county court does.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawFactsPamphlets/Pages/LawFactsPamphlet-5.aspx

"Just the facts, ma'am" - Sgt. Joe Friday

New article today paints a somewhat bleak picture, but the quote below is encouraging to me.

http://www.fox19.com/story/32439511...gation-the-possibility-it-may-never-be-solved

Bleak indeed. AG said they aren't close to solving this and used the word "certainly" twice to emphasize that point. If this investigation could take years or as AG conceded, never be solved, they are truly grasping at straws. It's mind-boggling to me that they know so little. I think it might be useful for us in the sleuthosphere, with so little information being reported, to consider a few things:

1) What are the facts that both the public and BCI know?
2) What types of evidence can we be reasonably sure BCI has but hasn't made public, and why?
3) What evidence are we sure BCI does NOT have, and why?

I think the answers to these questions could rule out some scenarios and lend credence to others.

Bleak indeed. AG said they aren't close to solving this and used the word "certainly" twice to emphasize that point. If this investigation could take years or as AG conceded, never be solved, they are truly grasping at straws. It's mind-boggling to me that they know so little. I think it might be useful for us in the sleuthosphere, with so little information being reported, to consider a few things:

2) What types of evidence can we be reasonably sure BCI has but hasn't made public, and why?

I think the answers to these questions could rule out some scenarios and lend credence to others.

1. Very little evidence was left behind. Someone did a thorough job of scrubbing the scenes. Premeditated and well planned. 8 people were killed execution style. Babies considered young enough to not be able to testify (or be a threat) were not harmed. Marijuana grows were found at the majority of the scenes.
2. Time of death. Maybe points to someone's story being out of whack?
3. DNA evidence or fingerprints that point to someone that would be a "unique' person to the scenes. Same as 1.

Wow! You're going to make me think THIS early in the morning?
#1: eight people were all killed from bullet wounds to the head. Babies were spared. Pot growing at three locations. Lots of used cars on property. Lg fairly new building for mechanic work and possibly body work. FB threats. Newborn just four days old. Pot grow connection similar to "triangle" involvement. Don't know who or what gang affiliation could be at the top. Birds and dogs being bred. Demo derby a hobby of family. Women in healthcare. Family healthcare business. Men enjoyed hunting and fishing. Kenny enjoyed motorcycle riding. Many tips have been turned in. Close to 100 pieces of evidence sent to crime lab. No suspects have been named.
#2: official TOD, how many bullets each person had. How many people involved in murders. Forensic results on some of evidence. Know if LE was involved. Possibly know if these murders tie in with Newsome case and Ken. case. Have ALL the notes and tapes from tips and interviews from day one. Have several people in mind for potential involvement that have to be eliminated or chgd before any arrests are made. Probably know a couple of WHO's.
#3: the WHY has eluded LE. Everybody knows the how.

For sure , they would know about

1) time of death, at least with better range than communicated
2) Caliber of weapon or weapons
3) have a basic understanding of sequence of killing and shooting angles and distance.
4) entry by breaking or entry by open door

From all of this , LE should have a scenario.

I don't think they have the weapon.

In that court.
It says he's been indicted by the Grand Jury. His pre-trial for setting his trial date was 4/22 but there's no way to find that date of his trial (that I know of yet anyway). I think they're just trying to keep the trial date quiet and he is living somewhere up not far from Chillicothe and laying low. It only says the charge was dismissed in that court. He was then sent to the GJ.
Quote:

• CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE; DEFENDANT HAS BEEN
    • INDICTED BY THE GRAND JURY. NO COST TO DEFENDANT.

It seems a little premature to begin lowering public expectations about this horrible crime. With all the evidence DeWine claims has been collected and with federal resources at their disposal, they should have a pretty good idea of some of the people involved. They've hinted at video evidence. They've processed over 100 pieces of evidence. IMO, this case can still be solved.

If DeWine and other investigators hope to find the killers, they need to encourage more public participation instead of trying to sweep the case under the rug.

In that court.
It says he's been indicted by the Grand Jury. His pre-trial for setting his trial date was 4/22 but there's no way to find that date of his trial (that I know of yet anyway). I think they're just trying to keep the trial date quiet and he is living somewhere up not far from Chillicothe and laying low. It only says the charge was dismissed in that court. He was then sent to the GJ.
Quote:

• CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE; DEFENDANT HAS BEEN
    • INDICTED BY THE GRAND JURY. NO COST TO DEFENDANT.

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservices/search.page.3?x=DXKM4g9iYuQ9CmhgVvmVpQ

A pre-trial hearing was scheduled for July 1.

Docket on that site is not yet reflecting a new trial date.

No idea why no new trial date is reflected but that site is best for tracking court dates for Pike County felony cases AFAIK.

Does anyone wonder if IJ and LJ maybe didn't do anything, because teens could not pull this off, but maybe some elders in their family felt it best to take matters into thin their own hands. Is this possible? Maybe some dad's who are protective and have some experience in military maybe?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That sounds kind of "out there", but at this point, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298