OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in july. If I recall it is in the same article as the KR2 interview. Intruder was on property. Not in home if I remember.

I found it. I think I remember it now. It was Kenneth's ex-wife who saw the masked intruder. Also, reported that Geneva's apartment door had been tampered with.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/ohio-family-clings-to-hope-3-months-after-8-killed/280208697

Stacie Rigsby, Kenneth Rhoden’s former wife and Kendra Rhoden’s mother, has changed the locks on her doors, made adjustments to secure her windows and often asks a friend to spend the night with her. She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports.
Authorities investigated the incidents. They called each a coincidence. You can’t convince Rigsby of that.
Also in May, Geneva Rhoden came home to find her apartment door tampered with, according to a police report. No one had gotten into the apartment.
That did little, however, to assuage her surviving children.

Is this the article or is there one I missed? Just making sure.

I still believe whoever tried to break into Staci's and Geneva 's homes were just creepy people who wanted souvenirs from any of the people killed. I know there is still a predator loose, but I don't think the killers have any reason to believe that either lady has any "inside information".

I was thinking in terms of the assailants opening them. However, I can attest, that trailers tend to get fairly warm and even though it was April, I can see having a window open. Another thing I can attest to, is that they are noisy. Maybe not some of the newer ones but these are not exceptionally new. I've lived in the older ones, years ago, and I'd bet I could hear someone scrambling through a window.

About gaining entry into trailers, I am a long time MH dweller. Been in new and old. My back door was pressed wood with aluminum casing around the diameter of the door. I locked myself out a couple of times. All it took to get back in was a screwdriver placed in the aluminum right where latch or door jam is. The aluminum bends real easy (very soft metal) and the flat head screwdriver pushs the locking latch in. The door popped right open with very little sound. It surprised me how easy I could get in it and how little sound it made to do it. Back doors in MH are usually near the back bedroom and bathroom. If I were asleep I would have heard nothing. Door replaced! Most MH have very similar layouts.

About gaining entry into trailers, I am a long time MH dweller. Been in new and old. My back door was pressed wood with aluminum casing around the diameter of the door. I locked myself out a couple of times. All it took to get back in was a screwdriver placed in the aluminum right where latch or door jam is. The aluminum bends real easy (very soft metal) and the flat head screwdriver pushs the locking latch in. The door popped right open with very little sound. It surprised me how easy I could get in it and how little sound it made to do it. Back doors in MH are usually near the back bedroom and bathroom. If I were asleep I would have heard nothing. Door replaced! Most MH have very similar layouts.
Thanks for the info. I've only lived in a couple, many years ago, and the layouts were different in both, so I was unsure how the Rhoden's newer single-wides would be laid out. I know without some sort of assistance, I'd not have been able to have jimmied the window and climbed through the ones I lived in, or theirs, and I'm not short, was stick thin, and in decent physical shape.

Thanks for feedback.

Added to a few other comments by family, this comment by the Sheriff leads me to believe:

A) One child could end up being placed in the family or close to suspects. (Make your short list privately).

Or

B) One child is linked to the motive. For instance: separation, refusal to recognize paternity, custody dispute, abuse...

Are we making progress here? At least in reading Reader's concerns...which may not be the truth in the end.

Personally, I am going with (B) for several reasons including coincidence of HR's delivery.

Dear moderator, I can't go any closer than this within TOS at this point. Awaiting the public release of other info.

I'm wondering about paternity of the youngest. I said a few pages back that there may be a 3rd potential donor. And maybe that donor does not want this coming out.

It is even easier to get in the front door with a butter knife. Don't tear the trim up.

It is even easier to get in the front door with a butter knife. Don't tear the trim up.

And it's quiet? There's some food for thought. I didn't realize trailers were still so easy to break into. Locked myself out in college and a credit card worked just fine.

And it's quiet? There's some food for thought. I didn't realize trailers were still so easy to break into. Locked myself out in college and a credit card worked just fine.
Yes it's quiet! There's a little trick to it first, but doesn't take but a few minutes. Like I said, I was 34 and my 12yr old nephew told me how!

Thanks for the info. I've only lived in a couple, many years ago, and the layouts were different in both, so I was unsure how the Rhoden's newer single-wides would be laid out. I know without some sort of assistance, I'd not have been able to have jimmied the window and climbed through the ones I lived in, or theirs, and I'm not short, was stick thin, and in decent physical shape.

The windows in mine have locks on them, I hardly open them except for spring or autumn. I have central heating and air conditioning though and I don't know if the Rhodens did.
Me myself, I like a cool room to sleep in and snuggly up in the blanket to get just right temp. And I, like glf have crawled through a trailer window and if your thighs touch that metal sill, it hurts like a........ well you know! There are so many different ways to explain about everything in this case BECAUSE WE HAVE LITTLE INFO and IMO Sheriff Reader was also using the children as yet another excuse to not release any information. What ever happened to the autopsy reports coming out? I thought papers were suing, why has that gone quiet? I know they came up with an excuse for not releasing them, but I thought the papers were going push the issue.

The windows in mine have locks on them, I hardly open them except for spring or autumn. I have central heating and air conditioning though and I don't know if the Rhodens did.
Me myself, I like a cool room to sleep in and snuggly up in the blanket to get just right temp. And I, like glf have crawled through a trailer window and if your thighs touch that metal sill, it hurts like a........ well you know! There are so many different ways to explain about everything in this case BECAUSE WE HAVE LITTLE INFO and IMO Sheriff Reader was also using the children as yet another excuse to not release any information. What ever happened to the autopsy reports coming out? I thought papers were suing, why has that gone quiet? I know they came up with an excuse for not releasing them, but I thought the papers were going push the issue.
There was a central air compressor sitting in the backyard at Frankie's. I don't recall seeing one at Chris's house, I would have to go back and look. My MH windows lock and I also have storm windows. When I went thru my window that time, I really didn't feel the need to lock them. A few years later, when we had some renters next door, I chgd my mind. They had the meanest brats on the block. I was glad they moved out of town a few months later.

I'm wondering about paternity of the youngest. I said a few pages back that there may be a 3rd potential donor. And maybe that donor does not want this coming out.

Yes, I agree. think we be don't have the complete picture with the love situation.<modsnip>

I could see KR putting a lock on the outside when he left but no one has mentioned if he padlocked on the inside. If he had cameras and worried a lot about intruders or plain paranoid, he'd have it locked inside while sleeping, I'd think? Gun or not, I wouldn't lay down without access to my home being secured while on the inside. That's if I'd padlock outside while away.

Yes! It's painful enough going through storm windows, in a home on a foundation, where they're not as high off of the ground, and it's easier make purchase with your feet and hold on as well.

Reader may have a legitimate concern if the newspapers can't get it through. They usually push pretty hard. Where I'm at, they don't release anything in the juvenile court system, so I found it odd that family court was normally open to the public, in Ohio.

I just read in the Chillicothe paper attached to a video, the one with Charley G. sitting on his PU on YouTube it was stated the Ohio supreme court sent the Enquirer suit against Pike county to mediation on 8/10. The other paper that filed against Pike county was not commented about except it was filed 8/8.

We have even less information if we are not considering the few informations that are provided.

AG explained why they are not releasing information like the autopsy report. They want to make sure they have the right perp, the day someone comes forward. So details must remain secret.

IMO, in this particular case , a confession is an important step in getting a conviction. There is no witness in the case. And as explained earlier by Tilicium , if killers are regulars of the homes, it will be hard to prove evidence is linked to the crime unless it's mixed with blood.

With respect to that last point, AG also said at least one perp was familiar with the properties. Add to this the gag order preventing the exchange of information within the family regarding the children, and we are getting the direction where the investigation is going: very close to family.

This is why the discussion about windows is secondary, imo. If perps are familiar with the properties, it doesn't really matter how they got in. Through the window, with a butter knife or with the key.

This investigation is complicated to heck. My heart always breaks for this family of 8 that were murdered. I saw happy young adults loving each other and their children. Some happy looking adults too.

All of them may have done the most stupidest crap, but you don't deserve murder for any of it. The Columbus gangs, mafia or whatever stand out a lot after reading up on them. Hane's in NM sounds about right also, among family or connections.

Why couldn't you murderers just leave them alone, whoever you are?

Their punishment better come. Sooner the better. Every avenue to solving this case is still open in my book but getting narrower. I hope.

RIP Hannah Gilley & the Rhoden Family, RIP.

This investigation is complicated to heck. My heart always breaks for this family of 8 that were murdered. I saw happy young adults loving each other and their children. Some happy looking adults too.

All of them may have done the most stupidest crap, but you don't deserve murder for any of it. The Columbus gangs, mafia or whatever stand out a lot after reading up on them. Hane's in NM sounds about right also, among family or connections.

Why couldn't you murderers just leave them alone, whoever you are?

Their punishment better come. Sooner the better. Every avenue to solving this case is still open in my book but getting narrower. I hope.

RIP Hannah Gilley & the Rhoden Family, RIP.

Don't get me wrong, I never meant they deserve.

They might have looked like happy couples with children but in reality there was a bit of instability in the relationships. Also I don't know if it is an environment where conflicts are sorted out in a very smooth way. JMO

But that's not very different from many families and family drama are quite common too.

Who ever is in control of making contributions should stop being so picky and raise the reward money to at least
one million. The present amount listed surly demonstrates the lack of consideration for 8 family members and their
heirs, This lack of concern is a signal to the world how much government can react to the lives of some residents.. So,
if a million dollars will not shake some information out of the public ,make the reward available to the L.E.O.'S..but
leave the A.G. out of consideration...mo

Who ever is in control of making contributions should stop being so picky and raise the reward money to at least
one million. The present amount listed surly demonstrates the lack of consideration for 8 family members and their
heirs, This lack of concern is a signal to the world how much government can react to the lives of some residents.. So,
if a million dollars will not shake some information out of the public ,make the reward available to the L.E.O.'S..but
leave the A.G. out of consideration...mo

I'd have to agree about the reward amount. $10,000 is nothing for 8 people. After a search of the southern Ohio crime stoppers, I noticed they were offering a $10,000 reward for a burglary! That's absurd! They should at least match the $25,000 the other guy had offered in the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214