OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually just read DS's account of events. He said he knew something was wrong when he seen KR's truck in the driveway.

Thanks Obiwankenobi, I have read so many articles I have either filed it so far back or skipped over it.

I agree, I wouldn't open a window without a screen. Maybe that doesn't bother some people. When I watched the video of the houses being moved there was a deadbolt on Frankie's back door. But they didn't show a close-up of the front door or either door on Chris's house.

Yeah most people I know won't sleep with a window open unless the screen is shut.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

CR1's trailer is at least 12 years old, and It appears that CR1 had covered the majority of his windows, or it just did not have many. So there's not much of a way to create a breeze. I mean no disrespect to the victims, but, based on other factors, at the two locations, I'd not be surprised if there were no screens in any of the windows. Not being argumentative, just pointing out that it is not uncommon throughout the region, to see windows open, and no screens. Especially in the spring before bugs are very bad. I agree that the it looks as if there's a curtain of some type hanging out of the window. GR or CR1 could have tried to go out that window too, and didn't make it out. I don't know if that's a master bedroom or a kitchen on that end.

Yeah most people I know won't sleep with a window open unless the screen is shut.

Meaning I don't believe the windows were delibrately left open by the Rhodens.

Agree on all points. I've thought for quite a while now that this was the reason for KR being killed. He was close to CR1 and GR, and would have been able to lead LE straight to the monster/s responsible for the killing of his family. Nothing factual to base that on, but makes sense to me. (Like all of my thoughts regarding this case, my feelings could change as more information is made public).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like that must be the KR link. I bet if they were all in business with a certain person or group they had all met with them together at times.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CR1's trailer is at least 12 years old, and It appears that CR1 had covered the majority of his windows, or it just did not have many. So there's not much of a way to create a breeze. I mean no disrespect to the victims, but, based on other factors, at the two locations, I'd not be surprised if there were no screens in any of the windows. Not being argumentative, just pointing out that it is not uncommon throughout the region, to see windows open, and no screens. Especially in the spring before bugs are very bad. I agree that the it looks as if there's a curtain of some type hanging out of the window. GR or CR1 could have tried to go out that window too, and didn't make it out. I don't know if that's a master bedroom or a kitchen on that end.
I could buy that. CR1 may have been trying to exit the window. I'm sure LE know exactly why those windows were left open. It just us that are guessing.

I could buy that. CR1 may have been trying to exit the window. I'm sure LE know exactly why those windows were left open. It just us that are guessing.

Yeah, there's nothing new to hash out. Might as well re-hash the old things. Something might just stand out that never has before. I think about this family every single day. Cannot get them out of my head.

Yeah, there's nothing new to hash out. Might as well re-hash the old things. Something might just stand out that never has before. I think about this family every single day. Cannot get them out of my head.
I hear ya. I fall asleep with Tapatalk open and my phone in my hand. Wake up every two to three hours and check for updates and replies on the Rhodens. I'm almost sorry I ever downloaded it.

Am I right in thinking that all text forms of communications the Rhoden's had on their cell phones could be discovered though their cell providers and social media accounts?

It's hard for me to see the windows unless it's an awfully slim person with a boost. I can see going out more than going in b/c of the noise from scrambling in. Going in the average window of a house on a foundation, w/o making noise, is difficult enough, a trailer is way more difficult. I don't see how they'd jimmy them either (from that high up, and stay quiet).

I could understand them not finding KR until later if it weren't for DS having plans to meet up w/him. It looks like it was DR & CR1 and their children, w/GR being in the wrong place at the wrong time. BJM called her father and they found his daughter, his sil, and grandchildren murdered, along w/GR. At that point LE comes in and they're questioning them for hours, but, then, news leaks out. Like I said, I'd have already called my kin if they didn't show up, just because, but, when I see my family on the news, then I'm gonna definitely be calling and going out there. Not saying he did it, but something still doesn't set well w/DS version of everything.

Based on what I've seen/read about DS, it's quite possible he was asleep until shortly before going to check on KR. He doesn't strike me as the type to be up and at 'em until he's recovered from the night before. No job, nowhere to be, shiftless, just a loser in general. Though I doubt he could pull off these horrendous murders, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that DS provided inside info to the killers. (Not accusing him, just wouldn't surprise me is all).

I am perplexed though that none of KR's other relatives checked on him prior to the time DS and LR found him murdered. Not being judgmental, as I can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of the surviving family members and loved ones on that fateful morning.

Am I right in thinking that all text forms of communications the Rhoden's had on their cell phones could be discovered though their cell providers and social media accounts?

I am thinking so. I think that, and all calls, where they pinged, etc... Cell coverage may still be spotty there. It is in many parts here, but, it should be available enough to get an idea of where they'd been over the course of the last several weeks. Probably have to get a warrant for it but I'd think that would be no problem.

Yes

Based on what I've seen/read about DS, it's quite possible he was asleep until shortly before going to check on KR. He doesn't strike me as the type to be up and at 'em until he's recovered from the night before. No job, nowhere to be, shiftless, just a loser in general. Though I doubt he could pull off these horrendous murders, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that DS provided inside info to the killers. (Not accusing him, just wouldn't surprise me is all).

I am perplexed though that none of KR's other relatives checked on him prior to the time DS and LR found him murdered. Not being judgmental, as I can't even begin to put myself in the shoes of the surviving family members and loved ones on that fateful morning.

The only reason I think DS would have been up, fairly early, is that he strikes me as all of the things you said, but, he also said that KR would take him out, and give him a little cash, and was his good friend as well as cousin. I have known people like DS. If there is the possibility of fun, free food, and some cash thrown their way, they are IN. The only reason I think the other family didn't check on KR is that he had a job, and they may have thought he was at his job and couldn't answer his phone. Cell services are probably sketchy up there and they may have had trouble ringing him up too. It probably took a little bit for it to spread b/c of the family that found them being detained by LE. But when those copters went over that was all she wrote. DS may have been the only one who knew that he had planned on going out with him that morning, but I'd say the killer knew that he usually arose early to go to work anyway. That would probably put KR in bed early too.

I was just checking on what news happened around May 12th. Bobby J gave her interview, bad heroin showed up in Columbus, the announcement of security cameras at two crime scenes, Reader asks for any video footage from surrounding area & the mobile homes were getting moved.
Interesting

I don't think we are allowed to implicate or sleuth surviving family members and post about it.

The only reason I think DS would have been up, fairly early, is that he strikes me as all of the things you said, but, he also said that KR would take him out, and give him a little cash, and was his good friend as well as cousin. I have known people like DS. If there is the possibility of fun, free food, and some cash thrown their way, they are IN. The only reason I think the other family didn't check on KR is that he had a job, and they may have thought he was at his job and couldn't answer his phone. Cell services are probably sketchy up there and they may have had trouble ringing him up too. It probably took a little bit for it to spread b/c of the family that found them being detained by LE. But when those copters went over that was all she wrote. DS may have been the only one who knew that he had planned on going out with him that morning, but I'd say the killer knew that he usually arose early to go to work anyway. That would probably put KR in bed early too.

From what I've gathered, DS drinks a lot and had a new lady. It doesn't surprise me that he flaked on KR. He probably drank some and stayed with her. We all know those family members that drop everybody when they have a new significant other.

Just a thought about this "sophisticated crime"

IMO, sophistication of a crime has nothing to do with its motive. A crime is sophisticated when:

- perps have good knowledge of the victims and the crime scene
- perps have brain power in number or time to think it through
- perps have some experience in executing crime. Eventually with good reflex in improvisation

But it doesn't mean the motive is very sophisticated. It could be a very simple motive.

Killing a family of 8 is horrendous. Whatever motive is revealed it the end, we'll find the crime disproportionate in regards to the motive

If someone was trying to go out that window that could be the reason the screen has been removed. I am pretty certain that open window is a bedroom window. Looks too long to be a kitchen window.

Maybe killers threw something out windows to accomplice, loot or guns. Who cares, the point is who did this!

From what I've gathered, DS drinks a lot and had a new lady. It doesn't surprise me that he flaked on KR. He probably drank some and stayed with her. We all know those family members that drop everybody when they have a new significant other.

I don't think he necessarily flaked on KR. He just didn't spend the night, for whatever reason. If anything I'd say he'd think KR had flaked on him the next day. He and his new female friend had been seeing each other for 3-4 months by that time so the new had likely worn off a little bit. He just apparently didn't think much about it, or wonder why KR didn't show. I'd have been wondering where he was at, and buzzed him up, but that's just me. DS may have even thought KR decided to go on in to work that morning and thought nothing more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214