OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but they'd have had to have a boost, and they had people in there that they didn't want to wake up. There were signs of forced entry on two of the locations and at KR's the lock was not locked on his trailer door so he'd gone to bed feeling comfortable that he didn't need to lock up that night, for some reason. So it was two of the other three that had signs of forced entry.

Edit: DS noted the door was unlocked but did not mention that there was any signs of forced entry.

It was a padlock outside the camper that DS noticed was not locked. That was used when KR was not there.

Open Windows

1. Roden"s could have opened them.
2. Could have been open to clear the smoke and smell (from gun). This could have been evidence the smell lingering in side the MH.
3. Don't know if this is possible, could they have opened the windows to throw off time of death. (body's cool down faster)?

It was a padlock outside the camper that DS noticed was not locked. That was used when KR was not there.

I think he would also notice his car was still there, or was it taken? Thinking of cars has it been established how GR got to CR sr's? Another troubling question for me ,if KR was so security paronoid how could he sleep with a unlocked door? Just a few things that make me go hmmm.

But iirc, DS just walked right in, and never mentioned anything about the door being locked, or jimmied. BJM on the other hand noted, that it was uncommon for CR1's door to be locked, so she went to get a key from the hiding spot, and when she went to FR's trailer, it was locked as well.

The first pic is CR1's and the 2nd is FR's. I could maybe see going out CR1's, but that is one tiny, window, on FR's trailer. Not to mention tip toeing around all of the dog chains and dogs and other stuff back there, in the dark.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I went back and looked, and Dewine would not confirm or deny signs of forced entry. I've heard at first there were no signs, and then I heard there were signs at two locations, but, I guess unless someone can find something different, for now, forced entry is unconfirmed.

Attachments

• CR1.jpg
    CR1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 163
  • FR.jpg
    FR.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 168
I think he would also notice his car was still there, or was it taken? Thinking of cars has it been established how GR got to CR sr's? Another troubling question for me ,if KR was so security paronoid how could he sleep with a unlocked door? Just a few things that make me go hmmm.

I actually just read DS's account of events. He said he knew something was wrong when he seen KR's truck in the driveway.

I have read no information that would lead me to this thought I have had about KR's murder since the killings took place. I think KR's murder was a separate crime than the murder of the other 7 family members. For some reason I think his murder was one of opportunity. I think that someone(s) knew that the other 7 family members had been killed and used it to cover KR's murder. Kind of like KR's killer went to his camper to steal money and/or drugs, killed him, and left him as dead as he/she knew the others were. LE and most everyone else would suspect he was one of the targeted. I know this is out in left field, but I have been thinking of it off and on since the crime happened.

I actually just read DS's account of events. He said he knew something was wrong when he seen KR's truck in the driveway.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but, wouldn't one know something was a bit off, if he hadn't come to pick him up at 5:30, nor called, to say he wasn't coming? Maybe I'm just a stickler for letting people know that I'm not showing up to pick them up, or expect the same, but our family is pretty good about calling w/plan changes that major.

Hi All!!

Checking in to read and see if any updates on the case!
Hoping for an arrest, as in yesterday!

Thanks ~

jmo :moo:

RSD, thank you for the pics. I know I've seen another clearer pic of the backside of FR's home. I can't seem to find it. My 1st thought about the 2 homes with forced entry were at DR's and KR's. To me, an open window is an open invitation. I know several threads back there were more pics posted. I might try to go back and find it. I know nothing about MH. A family member lived in 1 for years but his was nothing like any of theirs. It had the kitchen on one end and master BR on the other.

I have read no information that would lead me to this thought I have had about KR's murder since the killings took place. I think KR's murder was a separate crime than the murder of the other 7 family members. For some reason I think his murder was one of opportunity. I think that someone(s) knew that the other 7 family members had been killed and used it to cover KR's murder. Kind of like KR's killer went to his camper to steal money and/or drugs, killed him, and left him as dead as he/she knew the others were. LE and most everyone else would suspect he was one of the targeted. I know this is out in left field, but I have been thinking of it off and on since the crime happened.

They'd figure that out pretty quick though b/c the ballistics wouldn't match.

Open Windows

1. Roden"s could have opened them.
2. Could have been open to clear the smoke and smell (from gun). This could have been evidence the smell lingering in side the MH.
3. Don't know if this is possible, could they have opened the windows to throw off time of death. (body's cool down faster)?
I remember looking into that and it i dont believe it was cold enough to make a difference. But im no expert jmo.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

RSD, thank you for the pics. I know I've seen another clearer pic of the backside of FR's home. I can't seem to find it. My 1st thought about the 2 homes with forced entry were at DR's and KR's. To me, an open window is an open invitation. I know several threads back there were more pics posted. I might try to go back and find it. I know nothing about MH. A family member lived in 1 for years but his was nothing like any of theirs. It had the kitchen on one end and master BR on the other.

I was thinking in terms of the assailants opening them. However, I can attest, that trailers tend to get fairly warm and even though it was April, I can see having a window open. Another thing I can attest to, is that they are noisy. Maybe not some of the newer ones but these are not exceptionally new. I've lived in the older ones, years ago, and I'd bet I could hear someone scrambling through a window.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but, wouldn't one know something was a bit off, if he hadn't come to pick him up at 5:30, nor called, to say he wasn't coming? Maybe I'm just a stickler for letting people know that I'm not showing up to pick them up, or expect the same, but our family is pretty good about calling w/plan changes that major.

That's exactly my point about him being discovered at 1 in the afternoon. Unless word didn't get out until noon, I'd rushed to his house ASAP. I would be dialing his phone on redial until I got there.

That's exactly my point about him being discovered at 1 in the afternoon. Unless word didn't get out until noon, I'd rushed to his house ASAP. I would be dialing his phone on redial until I got there.

Exactly. I'd have done found him, b/c when he didn't show up at 5:30, and I was sitting there ready to go I'd have wondered where he was at. Then, I'd have gotten ticked after about an hour and started blowing up his phone. Then along about 7ish, I'd have got worried, and thought, Wonder if my cuz is bad sick, or maybe fell out in the yard and is hurt bad? I better just run over there and see, or I'd have called a nearby relative (like his son) to run up and check on him.

Nothing said that I recall...[/QUOTE
The only thing we know for certain, is Frankie and Hannah were last seen at 10:30p, and Dana left work a few mins after11:00p. I don't recall anyone commenting on the last time anybody had been in touch with Chris, Gary, or Kenny, in person or by phone.

But iirc, DS just walked right in, and never mentioned anything about the door being locked, or jimmied. BJM on the other hand noted, that it was uncommon for CR1's door to be locked, so she went to get a key from the hiding spot, and when she went to FR's trailer, it was locked as well.

The first pic is CR1's and the 2nd is FR's. I could maybe see going out CR1's, but that is one tiny, window, on FR's trailer. Not to mention tip toeing around all of the dog chains and dogs and other stuff back there, in the dark.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I went back and looked, and Dewine would not confirm or deny signs of forced entry. I've heard at first there were no signs, and then I heard there were signs at two locations, but, I guess unless someone can find something different, for now, forced entry is unconfirmed.
Other view of CR1's
a16aa8971508abb24f381657cdcd1789.jpg
0a94921773585f424fc89d001cfb05fb.jpg

I don't know, I'd say they were pretty close to the same time, they way they all were so seemingly tight knit. Couldn't take a chance on them being discovered early on. I think that they may have killed CR1 closer to the back near the back bedroom, though, as he woke up and started to come out, and then GR possibly came in the front door, had to be dealt with, and was killed in the front of the trailer, then drug to the back, so they could clean up, take what they wanted, and no one could see his body through the window. I've also thought that KR might have been killed simply b/c he'd have known who would have hated his brother, and his brother's family, enough to kill them.

Agree on all points. I've thought for quite a while now that this was the reason for KR being killed. He was close to CR1 and GR, and would have been able to lead LE straight to the monster/s responsible for the killing of his family. Nothing factual to base that on, but makes sense to me. (Like all of my thoughts regarding this case, my feelings could change as more information is made public).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing said that I recall...[/QUOTE
The only thing we know for certain, is Frankie and Hannah were last seen at 10:30p, and Dana left work a few mins after11:00p. I don't recall anyone commenting on the last time anybody had been in touch with Chris, Gary, or Kenny, in person or by phone.

LE likely knows who last saw and/or talked to CR1, GR and KR, but aren't revealing anything. IMO, whomever they spoke with in those final hours was likely the person who assisted with the killings. LE likely knows who that person was, but not the actual gunmen. Perhaps they're waiting for that person to lead them to the killers.

That is one awesome blown up picture. Definitely looks like a curtain hanging out of the window.
Yeah most people I know won't sleep with a window open unless the screen is shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member