OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree for the most part, I believe nobody was able to fight back except Chris and maybe Gary, but we may never know exactly what transpired in Chris's home. I was just saying what I would do if I was in a situation where I could fight back.

We may not ever know the truth of what actually transpired in any of those homes.

Blood feud isn't my theory. RSD has put it forward as one of possible theories. My point is that after 3 months perps have been good in keeping the secret. So imo it can't be something half the village knows about. Otherwise one of the people involved would have talked.

I'm not down with the blood feud idea. However, half the village can certainly "know" something without any single one of them having anything that might hold up in a court of law.

Maybe it was a hit after all. Think about it. Someone could have been hired or forced in to taking care of it by someone he owed a favor to. Kinda like how they do it in prisons. This is sometimes seen happening more with gangs. He could have been taking one for the team. If there was someone so ruthless and cold and also had some personal connections he could find the hit as agreeable and pull the gang or group together to handle and execute the problem. So as soon as he gets out of jail it's right to business. He could have been planning it for a long time. He may have seen a possibility of other incentives like robbery or even Just revenge. Just a wild theory about no one in particular.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Like this one: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/17/Short-North-Posse.html

I've also thought that KR might have been killed simply b/c he'd have known who would have hated his brother, and his brother's family, enough to kill them.

I think so too. KR was in the same plans as the other Rhodens: weed and derby. And it also seem the daughters were close too. So IMO, KR and CR exhibited good complicity or alternatively, competition. Either way KR knew what was going on at CR's place: good or bad.

It is also my opinion, as I said earlier, he probably had a few friends in the younger generation given his activities.

I'm not down with the blood feud idea. However, half the village can certainly "know" something without any single one of them having anything that might hold up in a court of law.

It is not so much about the possibility of receiving half town gossip in a court of law.

This theory of blood feud involves several parties that would keep secret. I just think that the more people are involved, higher chances are someone will talk. Including someone involved with real information receivable in a court of law.

I could see that happening if they somehow got involved w/a gang to get into something heavier. Got greedy. GR had some sketchy friends, and was, for all intents and purposes, an addict. Either recovering, or still using. The most dangerous drug dealers are the ones who don't use. Could he have gotten CR1, and/or KR, mixed up in something, either a one time deal, or even long term? It could be. I could also see CR1, and KR, as not taking orders from anyone either and telling someone to blow off if they didn't like the way something was going. They hit me as being pretty my way or the highway. It's possible that they could have bitten off more than they could chew. It's not in the top of my theories, but I can see it as a possibility. Especially w/GR's connections, them going to Detroit all of the time, and 23 running right by their door.

JMO- We don't know why GR went to CR1. Who's to say GR didn't bring trouble with him, and CR1 and KR were trying to smooth things over for GR and time ran out,

murder/murders

at this time are way over fed up, and they take the whole family out due to murder/murders where seen meeting with GR, CR1, and KR, other family members had witness these

meetings. Those meetings could have gotten heated? JMO

JMO- We don't know why GR went to CR1. Who's to say GR didn't bring trouble with him, and CR1 and KR were trying to smooth things over for GR and time ran out,

murder/murders

at this time are way over fed up, and they take the whole family out due to murder/murders where seen meeting with GR, CR1, and KR, other family members had witness these

Good point about GR.

Could you please reword the second part of your text regarding meetings. I haven't understood what you meant.

murder/murders

I thought about that in the beginning but I don't think GR had the capacity to do much more than an introduction. His sketchy friends were caught in a drug sweep, iirc, up near Detroit. I don't see him as a major player. I could very well be wrong but most guys who have a habit try to string together something with other people and score enough to keep themselves happy. He may have been clean, but I kind of doubt he was completely clean. Being around the atmosphere would be very hard for someone who'd been down to the point of shooting up w/his step-father in a parking lot.

murder/murders

I've been thinking that GR could have been at the FR & HG residence or one of the othere residences and when that place was hit he was brought to the following trailor/s.

Did I hear mention of GR was supposed to have stayed at KR's place? Because to me that would make perfect sense in the killing order theory I've been working on....

I've been thinking that GR could have been at the FR & HG residence or one of the othere residences and when that place was hit he was brought to the following trailor/s.

Did I hear mention of GR was supposed to have stayed at KR's place? Because to me that would make perfect sense in the killing order theory I've been working on....

No, DS was supposed to have spent the night at KR's, and gotten up early the next morning to go work on cars w/him. GR was up visiting from KY but we don't know how long he'd been there.

One thing I have not seen verified is that they were all killed within a short time. What if CR1 and GR were killed in the afternoon? The bodies moved so anyone looking in windows after not getting an answer to knocking would not see them and assume they were gone. If their killer(s) knew the rest could identify them, they had to be taken out, too...
Had there been any reports on the last time each of them were seen?

I thought about that in the beginning but I don't think GR had the capacity to do much more than an introduction. His sketchy friends were caught in a drug sweep, iirc, up near Detroit. I don't see him as a major player. I could very well be wrong but most guys who have a habit try to string together something with other people and score enough to keep themselves happy. He may have been clean, but I kind of doubt he was completely clean. Being around the atmosphere would be very hard for someone who'd been down to the point of shooting up w/his step-father in a parking lot.
It could have been pay back to GR for something he has done or was involved with. What do we know about GR.

It could have been pay back to GR for something he has done or was involved with. What do we know about GR.

From what I have been able to find out about him, he's your typical addict. No real job, great guy, seemed good natured, wouldn't hurt a fly, worked in tobacco and other side jobs. His step-father, mother, and brother, and him, had been in trouble in Kentucky. There was a big festival going on around the time the murders happened. So, with the two families just living across the river, and he and KR being good buddies, he could have come to town to see all the cousins and family. Went by to see the new babies and visit everyone and stay at the trailer for awhile. He's from Greenup, Ky. If they'd wanted to get back at him, they most likely would have went after his direct family in Greenup (imo). Greenup, and that region, is plagued by drugs every bit as much as Piketon. He wouldn't have to go to Piketon to make a deal.

So here goes....

I wanted to throw out a theory on the orders the killings took place. I never intended to tackle this issue but the more stuff I read the more I think of it so here goes. This is based on the theory for a deliberate hit for the whole family and no spur of The moment decisions. The order that that has been playing through my head is as follows:

1. Went to KR first because he was out of the way. If anyone was to discover him it would lead LE* away from the rest of the targets.

2. Next was DR HR & CR2* because this house was away from the last two. The last two which were close together needed to be done quick and carefuly.

3&4. (Two diferent theories on the last two houses.) Were done simultaneously. When the first shots were fired at FR's they were waiting at the door for CR1, its possible this alerted them and/or the dogs GR goes to the door to see what is going on and was shot possibly through the door. Between the shots fired at FR's and shots fired at GR the dogs barking CR was scrambling to fetch, find, maybe load his gun this is why he took so many hits. After GR was down they moved to the final target.

*possible GR was originally at KR residence first and brought to all the homes to help gain entry....

Now in regards to the windows being open one theory I have is one killer had just maybe gone to the front door making noise or simply knocked while the other went through the back windows. The dogs would be distracted at the front of the house with the owner while the other started his work on the inside. It's possible in one or even both the killer at the door was stalling them talking some sort of story why they were there so late maybe needing help, whatever but a distraction long enough to gain control at both ends of the trailors.

What do you think....

So here goes....

I wanted to throw out a theory on the orders the killings took place. I never intended to tackle this issue but the more stuff I read the more I think of it so here goes. This is based on the theory for a deliberate hit for the whole family and no spur of The moment decisions. The order that that has been playing through my head is as follows:

1. Went to KR first because he was out of the way. If anyone was to discover him it would lead LE* away from the rest of the targets.

2. Next was DR HR & CR2* because this house was away from the last two. The last two which were close together needed to be done quick and carefuly.

3&4. (Two diferent theories on the last two houses.) Were done simultaneously. When the first shots were fired at FR's they were waiting at the door for CR1, its possible this alerted them and/or the dogs GR goes to the door to see what is going on and was shot possibly through the door. Between the shots fired at FR's and shots fired at GR the dogs barking CR was scrambling to fetch, find, maybe load his gun this is why he took so many hits. After GR was down they moved to the final target.

*possible GR was originally at KR residence first and brought to all the homes to help gain entry....

Now in regards to the windows being open one theory I have is one killer had just maybe gone to the front door making noise or simply knocked while the other went through the back windows. The dogs would be distracted at the front of the house with the owner while the other started his work on the inside. It's possible in one or even both the killer at the door was stalling them talking some sort of story why they were there so late maybe needing help, whatever but a distraction long enough to gain control at both ends of the trailors.

What do you think....

Could also be that GR was at DN's spending the night the murderers knew GR and knew he was there and came to the house to speak to him, spent a few minutes with him discussing whatever and then started on the victims. Leaving GR alive to help gain access to the other trailors. Which didn't nessasarily need to be locked, but something went wrong at Cr1's. Leaving GR the last one to be killed. Possibly so he could be made to watch each one die.

You have some good ideas, but I have doubts anybody came in thru a window. They are not easy to climb thru. I locked myself out once, and I don't remember what I finally found to stand on, but it really wasn't tall enough. At that point I didn't much care. It was starting to sprinkle, and my four year old was out there with me. I remember getting the window open and used my hands to help me "jump" and fall in the window. I had four lines of ugly sore bruises on the front of both thighs that took nearly a week before they were no longer sore. I hope I never have to get into another MH thru a window again! When I was 34, I learned how to get into a MH with no deadbolt. From my 12 year old nephew. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214