OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed that one. Like this one, I know the region, so it pulled me in from day one. I think, iirc, they had a bit of a lead on the two men from out of state, fairly early on, mostly b/c they were not the sharpest knives in the drawer. It took longer to come up w/enough evidence to make an arrest on M.S. though. Again, iirc, b/c I've not checked in on it in several weeks, and my memory is about cloudy on it.

Thanks all for the responses. I know the AG has used the terms "well planned and sophisticated" and multiple crime scenes and victims take that much more time to process.

I have tried to look at it as multiple crime scenes mean 4x more opportunities for mistakes and if more than one perp (which they recently stated) increases the chances of a communication or alibi mistake.

The human nature in me wants arrests and this case convicted months ago.

Maybe it was a hit after all. Think about it. Someone could have been hired or forced in to taking care of it by someone he owed a favor to. Kinda like how they do it in prisons. This is sometimes seen happening more with gangs. He could have been taking one for the team. If there was someone so ruthless and cold and also had some personal connections he could find the hit as agreeable and pull the gang or group together to handle and execute the problem. So as soon as he gets out of jail it's right to business. He could have been planning it for a long time. He may have seen a possibility of other incentives like robbery or even Just revenge. Just a wild theory about no one in particular.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Me either! And anything I had to say to LE would be in the form of a typed anonymous letter with no DNA provided.

Same here. I'd not want them to even pull in my drive to ask me questions. Anyone who can off eight people, some not even out of their teens, is one cold, ruthless, individual. They'd not think two shakes of a lamb's tail to knock another houseful of folks off if they felt it necessary.

Question to long time sleuths:
Is it out of the ordinary to roll into month 4 with no word of POI, no mention of further motive, no mention of anything?

IMHO, not at all.

IMHO, not at all.

Exactly! correct! Even if the case were to go cold, LE does not have to tell anything/leads to the public or media to jeopardize the case

Thanks ~

jmo :moo:

JMO but I think the killers are local. I think they've been in the homes before and if their DNA, fingerprints or shoe prints are found it will be hard to prove they aren't from a previous time there. Unless they're mixed with the Rhodens' blood. If the struggle with CRsr and GR happened in the beginning then I think there's a good chance LE has impressions/casts of the soles of their shoes.

JMO but I think the killers are local. I think they've been in the homes before and if their DNA, fingerprints or shoe prints are found it will be hard to prove they aren't from a previous time there. Unless they're mixed with the Rhodens' blood. If the struggle with CRsr and GR happened in the beginning then I think there's a good chance LE has impressions/casts of the soles of their shoes.

I don't see much of a way that they got through that w/o leaving tracks unless they wore shoe covers. I don't think they were planning on CR1 and GR being awake, or both of them there, when they went in that trailer. I'm not sold that GR and KR were in the original plan. Just like other things did not go as planned that night, and they adapted, one of my theories is that KR and/or GR were adapted for, on the fly. They could have even knocked on KR's door, and announced themselves, and he may have recognized them and told them to, Come on in. He very well could have already been in his bunk too.

With the physical confrontation that I believe happened between Chris and the killers, it would be hard to believe that somebody didn't end up with a bloody nose!

I don't see much of a way that they got through that w/o leaving tracks unless they wore shoe covers. I don't think they were planning on CR1 and GR being awake, or both of them there, when they went in that trailer. I'm not sold that GR and KR were in the original plan. Just like other things did not go as planned that night, and they adapted, one of my theories is that KR and/or GR were adapted for, on the fly. They could have even knocked on KR's door, and announced themselves, and he may have recognized them and told them to, Come on in. He very well could have already been in his bunk too.

One thing I have not seen verified is that they were all killed within a short time. What if CR1 and GR were killed in the afternoon? The bodies moved so anyone looking in windows after not getting an answer to knocking would not see them and assume they were gone. If their killer(s) knew the rest could identify them, they had to be taken out, too...

With the physical confrontation that I believe happened between Chris and the killers, it would be hard to believe that somebody didn't end up with a bloody nose!

I just wish someone had been injured enough to require medical intervention. I'm sure though if you're cold blooded enough to kill that many people, you'd just suck it up and deal with a broken nose. :(

I just wish someone had been injured enough to require medical intervention. I'm sure though if you're cold blooded enough to kill that many people, you'd just suck it up and deal with a broken nose. :(
That just goes back to what I consider men's macho mentality, don't worry, I'm fine. My dad broke his nose twice playing sports in high school. He continually had sinus problems. A doctor said he could fix it, but they would have to re-break his nose. He told them forget it!

If they had a physical confrontation with him. They probably shot him a couple of times and then beat him up, if they did. Then he wouldn't have been able to fight back.

There's bound to be SOMETHING the killers left behind... hair, skin, fibers, tire tracks, foot prints....something.

If they had a physical confrontation with him. They probably shot him a couple of times and then beat him up, if they did. Then he wouldn't have been able to fight back.

There's bound to be SOMETHING the killers left behind... hair, skin, fibers, tire tracks, foot prints....something.

I agree on the "if" as well. Nine shots may or may not include a physical confrontation. I'm not even sure it points to torture. Maybe more to shooting at a moving target.

One thing I have not seen verified is that they were all killed within a short time. What if CR1 and GR were killed in the afternoon? The bodies moved so anyone looking in windows after not getting an answer to knocking would not see them and assume they were gone. If their killer(s) knew the rest could identify them, they had to be taken out, too...

I don't know, I'd say they were pretty close to the same time, they way they all were so seemingly tight knit. Couldn't take a chance on them being discovered early on. I think that they may have killed CR1 closer to the back near the back bedroom, though, as he woke up and started to come out, and then GR possibly came in the front door, had to be dealt with, and was killed in the front of the trailer, then drug to the back, so they could clean up, take what they wanted, and no one could see his body through the window. I've also thought that KR might have been killed simply b/c he'd have known who would have hated his brother, and his brother's family, enough to kill them.

I also believe it would nearly impossible to leave absolutely no trace of DNA evidence behind. Nobody can know for certain that they wouldn't leave a stray hair here and there, or a fingernail might break. And although I think most of us don't think the women had the opportunity to fight back, but I know if somebody was trying to hurt me, and I got at least one hand free, I would be clawing at their face and pulling their hair!

I also believe it would nearly impossible to leave absolutely no trace of DNA evidence behind. Nobody can know for certain that they wouldn't leave a stray hair here and there, or a fingernail might break. And although I think most of us don't think the women had the opportunity to fight back, but I know if somebody was trying to hurt me, and I got at least one hand free, I would be clawing at their face and pulling their hair!

I don't think any of them really had an opportunity to fight back. Not even CR1 or GR. The number of times that CR1 was shot indicates, to me, that he was shot that number to stop him in his tracks. He never got close to the person. The bruising, to me, is not worded in a way indicative of a beating. Even if there are dna traces that the people left in the homes, I think that maybe their traces would not be uncommon in any of the homes, so could easily be explained away.

I don't think any of them really had an opportunity to fight back. Not even CR1 or GR. The number of times that CR1 was shot indicates, to me, that he was shot that number to stop him in his tracks. He never got close to the person. The bruising, to me, is not worded in a way indicative of a beating. Even if there are dna traces that the people left in the homes, I think that maybe their traces would not be uncommon in any of the homes, so could easily be explained away.
I agree for the most part, I believe nobody was able to fight back except Chris and maybe Gary, but we may never know exactly what transpired in Chris's home. I was just saying what I would do if I was in a situation where I could fight back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member