OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm glad the discussion of the two numbskulls in jail in N.M. is over on this thread. Somebody commented earlier they didn't seem to fit in with what LE has said about this case, and I agree. Ohio is small enough that lots of people share the same friends, but that doesn't mean they share ALL of the same friends. And FB is so messed up, somebody linked me and my husband's ex wife as being related! I would rather live in a dugout than be related to her!
If you are glad it's over why do you keep bringing it up. I think we are all fustrated that we can not speak openly about it. Even the ones that dont agree. I think the one that also mentioned not fitting was you in an earlier post. Just sayin

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I'm still leaning on the idea that the killer(s) are from out of town. Granted, they would need to know the area, but if they are experienced hunters and shooters, they go to town, wait until wee hrs of morn do what they came to do, and leave before daybreak.

Actually, I agreed with somebody else who felt that way. The way things are going on this thread, I think that several was just really hoping we actually had a lead. No harm in that. At least not in my book.

Checked for updates last nite, nothing new. Yesterday somebody brought up the fact that Kendra thought Kenny's gun was missing. I said before that maybe LE gave her an evasive answer like they hadn't seen it, or they didn't see it. That wouldn't have to mean it was missing. Since the homes have been stored I wonder if family members were given a list of contents to go with each home. I know that would be a real pain in the neck, but when the big under-ground grow op was found, the person working in evidence stated how everything had to ve logged and labeled and properly stored to prevent molding. If that was not the case, could family members ask for one even tho it has been three months since the homes were moved?

Checked for updates last nite, nothing new. Yesterday somebody brought up the fact that Kendra thought Kenny's gun was missing. I said before that maybe LE gave her an evasive answer like they hadn't seen it, or they didn't see it. That wouldn't have to mean it was missing. Since the homes have been stored I wonder if family members were given a list of contents to go with each home. I know that would be a real pain in the neck, but when the big under-ground grow op was found, the person working in evidence stated how everything had to ve logged and labeled and properly stored to prevent molding. If that was not the case, could family members ask for one even tho it has been three months since the homes were moved?

I think they'd need one for estate matters. It seems like we talked about that when that story came out, but I can't remember the date.

I think they'd need one for estate matters. It seems like we talked about that when that story came out, but I can't remember the date.
I think we did touch on that subject, at that time we wondered if inventory had been done or not. As far as matters, I know it would be necessary to have a land survey done and property lines marked, but as far as contents of the homes, I wonder if instead of complete inventory, if the courts would just estimate content value as a whole? It would be a very time consuming task to go in and say closet A contained four pair men's jeans, five long sleeved shirts, ashtray on bedside table valued at approx four dollars...

P.S. However, I remember it was at least three years after Clarence Rhoden died before everything was settled over his assets R/T the fact he had no will. And I don't believe I heard it mentioned if that included his home and personal contents.

I think we did touch on that subject, at that time we wondered if inventory had been done or not. As far as matters, I know it would be necessary to have a land survey done and property lines marked, but as far as contents of the homes, I wonder if instead of complete inventory, if the courts would just estimate content value as a whole? It would be a very time consuming task to go in and say closet A contained four pair men's jeans, five long sleeved shirts, ashtray on bedside table valued at approx four dollars...

P.S. However, I remember it was at least three years after Clarence Rhoden died before everything was settled over his assets R/T the fact he had no will. And I don't believe I heard it mentioned if that included his home and personal contents.

Even with wills, we're approaching 2 years since my late fil died. Hopefully it will be done prior to the two year mark. Anyway, totally kinda' OT. I would guess at least some things would need to be itemized. I mean, some of the stuff such as family photos (if there are any) someone might want.

My guess would be since she mentioned the gun in MSM law enforcement knows the answer already of whether it was found or not. They could have had that answer all along, or it least the mention of it in the article gave them something to go back and look for.

It could even be possible that the young lady already knew the answer and with the support of LE it was mentioned in the questionable manner it was for a reason we are not privy to.

My guess would be since she mentioned the gun in MSM law enforcement knows the answer already of whether it was found or not. They could have had that answer all along, or it least the mention of it in the article gave them something to go back and look for.

It could even be possible that the young lady already knew the answer and with the support of LE it was mentioned in the questionable manner it was for a reason we are not privy to.
Your intuition is enlightening. I hadn't thought about it in that way.

In my mind, it could be "drug related" if the killers motive was for the children to not grow up and be exposed to a certain lifestyle or environment that involved drugs.

When i read this article Reader and Dewine contradicted each other " DeWine says he understands but stresses that he doesn't believe anyone else is in danger." but yet when Reader testified in court on behalf of the 2 minor children still in state custody he argued that he is in fear that the children could be in danger if information about the custody was released to the public. It may be Readers last chance effort in trying to keep the records sealed from public by making it seem like the children are in danger.
Also when reading i was kinda taken back by something mentioned in the article after the statement that pike county residents fear to leave their doors unlocked after the murder happened. Right after that statement was this:

"
One woman says she used to be able to leave her doors unlocked at night, but since the murders she makes sure everything is locked.

However, a couple that lives less than a mile from the scene of the murders feel differently. They say they rarely think about what unfolded down the street."

Is this a character reference into the Rhoden family ? We hear a lot of mixed feelings about the Rhoden Family and what they were involved in ( let me just say by no means do i think they deserved this ) but that statement just struck me odd, I grew up in a small town just like pike county if something like this was to had happened I would be thinking about this often even if i wasn't overly fond of the victims, to say they rarely think about a whole family being mascaraed less than a mile from my house that would definitely have my attention and have me on edge. JMO

IMO the killer/killers are very close by. Related and aware of every detail in this ongoing investigation.

When i read this article Reader and Dewine contradicted each other " DeWine says he understands but stresses that he doesn't believe anyone else is in danger." but yet when Reader testified in court on behalf of the 2 minor children still in state custody he argued that he is in fear that the children could be in danger if information about the custody was released to the public. It may be Readers last chance effort in trying to keep the records sealed from public by making it seem like the children are in danger.
Also when reading i was kinda taken back by something mentioned in the article after the statement that pike county residents fear to leave their doors unlocked after the murder happened. Right after that statement was this:

"
One woman says she used to be able to leave her doors unlocked at night, but since the murders she makes sure everything is locked.

However, a couple that lives less than a mile from the scene of the murders feel differently. They say they rarely think about what unfolded down the street."

Is this a character reference into the Rhoden family ? We hear a lot of mixed feelings about the Rhoden Family and what they were involved in ( let me just say by no means do i think they deserved this ) but that statement just struck me odd, I grew up in a small town just like pike county if something like this was to had happened I would be thinking about this often even if i wasn't overly fond of the victims, to say they rarely think about a whole family being mascaraed less than a mile from my house that would definitely have my attention and have me on edge. JMO
Interesting. Nice catch.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I would think that in a rural area like that, everybody would be on edge at least to a certain degree. When I lived in western Kan, there was a murder about half a mile from me. They arrested and took the man's son in for questioning. They clearly decided the shooting was self defense and charges were never filed. I walked home a few bites later from work at 11p, and somebody got on to me for that, reminding me about the murder. I told her I had no concerns since the investigation was over and the son was cleared for proof it was self defence. I'm sure it would have bothered me if I felt like the killer could be lurking around town.

I see internal blood feud. But, that's just me. I'm from the region but not from that particular part. I remember on day one, when I first heard about this, and discussed it w/ a few of my family, (who are all from the region), and that's pretty much the first thing that came to most of their minds too. We tossed a couple other theories around, and I've tossed them out here, but, blood feud remains in the top three.

Hi rsd1200,

I thought some more about your idea of blood feud. Family feuds I've seen, (ie inheritance and business ventures turned wrong), were wide open. Everybody knew about them.

I think it would have to be a feud about something more secretive or taboo. Something that is underlying but no one is talking about openly. Could be about an illegal activity or about morality.

JMO about this theory.

Regards, JK

Thanks for sharing. This is a large group.

I read this and can imagine that the Rhoden family, as pot growers, had partners. Yet, none have been targeted in the drama, none have been arrested for drug trafficking. None are wanted by LE.

This is also another reason why I don't think this case is motivated by the pot business.

Ok. It's been only 3 months. This one took 9 months. But still. All the involved partners would be by now under scrutiny. So we should have seen something.

I have no doubt that there are folks under scrutiny.

But, I have always wondered if the Rhodens were branching out in some way that posed a threat. Even a large pot-growing operation doesn't strike me as being challenge to someone else. Moving into distribution could upset some apple cart. But, also, given this latest set of arrests, I wonder if perhaps they were toying with other drugs. Or maybe even refusing to get into other harder markets.

Somebody saw this as a business decision. IMO

Hi rsd1200,

I thought some more about your idea of blood feud. Family feuds I've seen, (ie inheritance and business ventures turned wrong), were wide open. Everybody knew about them.

I think it would have to be a feud about something more secretive or taboo. Something that is underlying but no one is talking about openly. Could be about an illegal activity or about morality.

JMO about this theory.

Regards, JK
I don't know if I can get on board with the idea of a blood feud or not. May have to contemplate on that for awhile. I know that things of that nature do occur occasionally, but it doesn't seem likely in this situation. Of course, not knowing the relationships of the victims with all family members, I certainly couldn't say that could never happen. Can you elaborate on your theory?

There was 1 comment on the FB for Remembering them yesterday. A relative from Dana's side.

I'm still baffled why Reader would be communicating with NM authorities. TT was murdered outside of his jurisdiction. Dewine I can understand, as he is the AG for the state of OH right? Something just seems fishy with the whole turn of events. I'm not necessarily believing they did it, but I suppose it's possible they will at least be questioned?

What I am hoping does not happen, is for the wrong people to be convicted. That leaves everyone vulnerable to this happening again as everyone will feel safe and let their guards down.

There is a mention in the article of the Ross County folks working their way up the chain to the Mexican Cartel. Perhaps Reader was following the same chain and they bumped into one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7