OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to wrap the mind around, just reading about them. I can't imagine the horror of being there.
The building is huge and I didn't see the blood. I feel grateful I didn't. Incredibly most people inside the building saw nothing and went out when the fire bell rang. At the same time cops and ambulances started to arrive.

I lost several classmates. We cried for days and had funerals. The school closed for one week. And when we came back, it was complete silence for days. Classrooms where the drama occurred were left open for people to sit in them and combat fear.

In my mind, it could be "drug related" if the killers motive was for the children to not grow up and be exposed to a certain lifestyle or environment that involved drugs.

Which children?

In my mind, it could be "drug related" if the killers motive was for the children to not grow up and be exposed to a certain lifestyle or environment that involved drugs.

Exactly, it could have different meanings. What does it say about the motive?

For sure the case is drug related when there is commercial drug operation on the crime scene. But It doesn't mean it is the motive.

And most important notice the use of verb "has said" vs "says" . Which means he did not say it this time, but he said it previously.

So I would actually check to see when he really said it. Imo, it wasn't in that interview.

Exactly, it could have different meanings. What does it say about the motive?

For sure the case is drug related when there is commercial drug operation on the crime scene. But It doesn't mean it is the motive.

And most important notice the use of verb "has said" vs "says" . Which means he did not say it this time, but he said it previously.

So I would actually check to see when he really said it. Imo, it wasn't in that interview.
Huh, who? Y'all lost me somewhere.

Exactly, the definition of the word related brings a very broad spectrum. The words LE use have a very precisely legal meaning.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

The building is huge and I didn't see the blood. I feel grateful I didn't. Incredibly most people inside the building saw nothing and went out when the fire bell rang. At the same time cops and ambulances started to arrive.

I lost several classmates. We cried for days and had funerals. The school closed for one week. And when we came back, it was complete silence for days. Classrooms where the drama occurred were left open for people to sit in them and combat fear.

I'm sure you all had to dig deep to go back inside that building, let alone the classrooms, again. I've often wondered how students/teachers regain any sense of normalcy, or relaxed feeling, after shootings.

The little ones. The 16 year old was already indoctrinated into that lifestyle.

So, someone related, or someone unrelated, to the children thought drugs were so evil that they murdered eight people, including the mothers of the children, in cold blood? And that would be better for the children? And it would ensure that the children would be raised in a law-abiding environment (well, except for the fact that they might be raised by mass murderers)? Not sure I follow the logic.

I think the killers feelings and motive could make it a very personal killing and not necessarily mean the relationship between the killer and victims were of close relation to each other. Did I word that right?

That's all we have is theories at this point! So frustrating! Still stuck between Jones family or drug ring. Too sophisticated for a DV situation unless the whole family really pissed someone off, including uncle Ken. This is crazy and 4 houses is too big of a deal for a little domestic drama!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I understand, it is hard to see what uncle Ken does in the picture?

KR is a lot more than the uncle here. He is the cool man fixing derby cars and growing weed in Rarden. That naturally puts him in a trusted relationship with younger men...

He is a friend of one of the perp. Remember what KR2 said about the missing gun?

When men are fixing cars and trading weed together, they tell each other everything: good woman, secret crush....

Imo, this is where the connection between KR and the domestic scenario.

"While we normally do not comment on investigatory leads in the Rhoden murder case, at this time we have no evidence there is a link between Jesse Hanes and James Nelson in the Rhoden murders.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/o...-nm-arrests-and-the-rhoden-killings/296677616

I did notice there was no mention of Kuhn in the statement.

"A third suspect, 24-year-old Whitney Kuhn of Bourneville was arrested at the time of the murder and charged with complicity to aggravated robbery and complicity to aggravated burglary."

http://nbc4i.com/2016/08/13/ross-co...rested-after-alegedly-killing-new-mexico-cop/

Kuhn could bring a twist, as it sounds some of you have picked up on, but I guess we have to patiently wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is close for review.

ADMIN NOTE: Okay here is the deal. I know that ABC-7 out of NM reported in the initial hours after the shooting of officer Jose Chavez the following:

Suspects in Hatch, NM PD officer killing linked to nine Ohio murders.

The Chillicothe Gazette is also reporting Hanes and Nelson are the prime suspects in April's bloody execution-style shootings of eight family members in Pike County, Ohio. Their bodies were found on four different properties. Three children, ages 4 days, 6 months and 3 years, were found alive.

but if you click the link you will see the following retraction:
HATCH, N.M -
Editors note: Overnight, ABC-7 reported the men were also suspects in the killing of a family in Pike County, Ohio. That information did not come from the Chillicothe Gazette as we previously reported. The information was unconfirmed. We apologize for the error.

and from local OH authorities you have THIS:
CHILLICOTHE, OHIO - Local authorities and the Ohio Attorney General's Office said there is no known connection between two men wanted for the murder of a Londonderry man and killing of eight Pike County residents in April.

Ross County Sheriff George Lavender said they are not aware of any connection between the April Rhoden family killings and James D. Nelson II, and Jesse D. Hanes, who were apprehended in New Mexico Friday after allegedly killing a police officer

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/o...-nm-arrests-and-the-rhoden-killings/296677616
What does that mean according to the rules we are governed by here at Websleuths? It means the two men who Killed Mr. Timmons in OH and Officer Chavez in NM are NOT named as suspects or POIs in the Rhoden family murders. In short, it means you cannot sleuth and discuss them in relation to the Rhoden case.

Now don't get me wrong, I know you are sleuths and some of you will do just that. I surely cannot stop you and they are accused murderers. But please keep what you find to yourselves and do not post it in this case thread. If LE ever gives us reason to believe they are investigating a connection they right now say does not exist then we can allow Jesse Hanes and Nelson into the mix.

Until then both men are out of this discussion.

tlcya

Personally, I really don't think those two ever actually"fit" in with the Rhodens, and am happy we don't have to try and psycho-analyze them! Now, if we could just narrow down some of the list here, maybe eventually we'll come to something helpful.

Awfully quiet. Lbvs

Yeah, I think my brain is fried. The other case I have been following since day one has some new posters who are local, and I found out that everything LE has been keeping under their hats so to speak, is all over town, thanks to one overly helpful neighbor with a bad case of run-of-the-mouth-itis. Kind of like this case, no suspects, very little info (from LE, anyway), and it's almost like the killers fell off the face of the earth!
I wish I had one solid thing in my head that I know would help, but I don't. We have talked about practically every scenario there is, and no solid evidence to back it up! I guess it's keep digging!

Personally, I'm glad the discussion of the two numbskulls in jail in N.M. is over on this thread. Somebody commented earlier they didn't seem to fit in with what LE has said about this case, and I agree. Ohio is small enough that lots of people share the same friends, but that doesn't mean they share ALL of the same friends. And FB is so messed up, somebody linked me and my husband's ex wife as being related! I would rather live in a dugout than be related to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member