OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think most people would do the right thing reward money or no. Just my opinion, but it's a shame you need to pay people to get justice for victims.

ETA: I couldn't find FAQ on the South Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, but other crime stoppers sites do show, like you said, private donations and corporate sponsorships fund the rewards.

That's what the link was referring to, there is no Crime Stoppers for Pike County. What I understood was, that any reward money for Pike, would probably have come from community businesses, and advertised through the LE dept., and not have been donated through Crime Stoppers. I'd hope I would do the right thing to, but, I'd also want to do the safe thing for my own family. If the person(s) walked or had deeper ties in the community it could be my family next.

This is JMO, but from what I have read about this family, they took a lot of pride in protecting their own. Chris Jr, Frankie and others in the Rhoden family have been talking about "Rhoden Strong" at the derbies an on FB posts. We have also heard/read about the "boys" and the younger generation of the family, having trouble with fights and grudges againest people they saw as having "wronged" them or their family members. They "seemed" very proud of the fact that they took justice into their own hands and dealt with their own problems as a family.
One of my theories is they were after the "kids" and the adults were taken out not just as witnesses, but because IMO Chris Sr, DR, and KR would have retaliated. If someone killed my children that would be my first reaction to the situation.
Mr. Manley has said he has no revenge in his heart for what has happened (not exact quote), and I haven't heard any vengeful references from the Rhodens except they want these monsters caught. IMO if there is family involvement (and I think there was) it is from the Manley side. The Rhoden family that is left are either better able to deal with the extreme stress of the situation, or are not as "vengeful" and "violent" as Chris Sr's side of the family has been portrayed to be. JMO
I have also wondered if the killers used a bed pillow as a silencer. IMO, they had to get close to the victums to shot them and not harm the babies. Shooting from a doorway, window or some distance increases the chance of "hitting" one of the babies. Just some of my thoughts.

This is JMO, but from what I have read about this family, they took a lot of pride in protecting their own. Chris Jr, Frankie and others in the Rhoden family have been talking about "Rhoden Strong" at the derbies an on FB posts. We have also heard/read about the "boys" and the younger generation of the family, having trouble with fights and grudges againest people they saw as having "wronged" them or their family members. They "seemed" very proud of the fact that they took justice into their own hands and dealt with their own problems as a family.
One of my theories is they were after the "kids" and the adults were taken out not just as witnesses, but because IMO Chris Sr, DR, and KR would have retaliated. If someone killed my children that would be my first reaction to the situation.
Mr. Manley has said he has no revenge in his heart for what has happened (not exact quote), and I haven't heard any vengeful references from the Rhodens except they want these monsters caught. IMO if there is family involvement (and I think there was) it is from the Manley side. The Rhoden family that is left are either better able to deal with the extreme stress of the situation, or are not as "vengeful" and "violent" as Chris Sr's side of the family has been portrayed to be. JMO
I have also wondered if the killers used a bed pillow as a silencer. IMO, they had to get close to the victums to shot them and not harm the babies. Shooting from a doorway, window or some distance increases the chance of "hitting" one of the babies. Just some of my thoughts.

BBM
I think w/ exception of CR1 and possibly GR, they were all shot at close range, while they slept, and if they did wake, it was only at the last seconds. B/c there were most likely two of them, it made it easier to take one each so there would be little to no time to react as the shot them in their beds. I remember BJM saying it looked as if FR had a black eye. I tend to think he was shot through the eye socket, or very close to it, because; [FONT=&amp]A close range gunshot - if the weapon is touching the victim's body - will normally have what is known as an 'abrasion ring' and also a clear imprint of the weapon's barrel. ....[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Entrance wounds will usually have some kind of discolouration around them; perhaps a black or grey ring caused by the burning of the gunpowder as it makes contact with the skin. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]'Tattooing' as it is sometimes referred to, is when the gunpowder will spray around the area of the wound and burn to the skin as it is hot on being fired from a weapon.
http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

I do need to look on all sides of the family to make my own complete opinion on the vengeful attitudes.

But in the circles of friends and family there are people with confirmed history of violence. It is not a legend. I can't say more.

I look forward to sleuth new individuals when conditions are met.

The resistance to stress can be also, ironically, that people have been accustomed to it and are experienced in supporting it.

I do need to look on all sides of the family to make my own complete opinion on the vengeful attitudes.

But in the circles of friends and family there are people with confirmed history of violence. It is not a legend. I can't say more.

I look forward to sleuth new individuals when conditions are met.

The resistance to stress can be also, ironically, that people have been accustomed to it and are experienced in supporting it.

Dear MOD,

Concerning Frankie Rhoden, can I say that at least one person openly admitted in sm arguing and fighting with him on a regular basis?

I am looking for your guidance on the limits.

Regards JK.

About gaining entry into trailers, I am a long time MH dweller. Been in new and old. My back door was pressed wood with aluminum casing around the diameter of the door. I locked myself out a couple of times. All it took to get back in was a screwdriver placed in the aluminum right where latch or door jam is. The aluminum bends real easy (very soft metal) and the flat head screwdriver pushs the locking latch in. The door popped right open with very little sound. It surprised me how easy I could get in it and how little sound it made to do it. Back doors in MH are usually near the back bedroom and bathroom. If I were asleep I would have heard nothing. Door replaced! Most MH have very similar layouts.

I live in a double wide my back door comes into the laundry room. You have to go through kitchen and dining to get to master , kitchen and living room to get to other bedrooms. So either way they can be laid out differently. J/S without her model you couldn't really tell layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in a double wide my back door comes into the laundry room. You have to go through kitchen and dining to get to master , kitchen and living room to get to other bedrooms. So either way they can be laid out differently. J/S without her model you couldn't really tell layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, with both SW and DW MH's. There are similar floor plans, especially in a SW, but sometimes it is still hard to tell by window sizes at times. And DW's are a whole new ball game! I just can't make a family connection at this time. If there turns out to be one I will definitely be surprised.

Someone mentioned whether or not a determination can be made if someone was asleep at TOD.
I DON'T HAVE a link and although I'm an RN, I don't even pretend to know the science about TOD.
But when I think about it, someone who is laying in bed just PRETENDING to be asleep would have tons of adrenaline from the fear alone. Their heart would probably be beating very strong, pulse racing and palpable. This may result in a lot more blood leaving the body with a lot more force. Maybe more rapid blood loss? Whereas someone was REALLY asleep, heart would be normal, no fear or adrenaline, and blood loss or spatter might be minimal.
Like I said ONLY a thought. NO scientific or link otherwise. Just lots of time to ponder stuff with no new news.

I don't think this post will solve the murders, but it might explain something that has puzzled me. The person that discovered KR's body said something to the effect that he saw KR's legs hanging off the bed and money at his feet. I researched a model similar to the camper that KR lived in and I think I found the interior layout. As soon as the front door was entered, a platform with a mattress on it would be immediately to the right, filling the entire extension area. It appears that the height of the bed would be similar to the height of a free standing bed. If KR was sitting on the bed and shot in this position, he would fall backwards onto the mattress and his legs would be hanging over the edge, perhaps even touching the floor if he were a tall person. He may have been startled by entry and sat up to confront intruder, or even an expected guest. He may have been sleeping in his shorts. The money on the floor could have come from wallet, pocket of jeans hanging on hook, table top etc. the killer would have time to search small camper for drugs, cash, weapons or anything else of value to killer. My speculation and opinion only!

I don't think this post will solve the murders, but it might explain something that has puzzled me. The person that discovered KR's body said something to the effect that he saw KR's legs hanging off the bed and money at his feet. I researched a model similar to the camper that KR lived in and I think I found the interior layout. As soon as the front door was entered, a platform with a mattress on it would be immediately to the right, filling the entire extension area. It appears that the height of the bed would be similar to the height of a free standing bed. If KR was sitting on the bed and shot in this position, he would fall backwards onto the mattress and his legs would be hanging over the edge, perhaps even touching the floor if he were a tall person. He may have been startled by entry and sat up to confront intruder, or even an expected guest. He may have been sleeping in his shorts. The money on the floor could have come from wallet, pocket of jeans hanging on hook, table top etc. the killer would have time to search small camper for drugs, cash, weapons or anything else of value to killer. My speculation and opinion only!
I don't recall reading that KR's legs were hanging off the bed. http://www.wmfd.tv/national-news/nationalsingle.asp?story=68465

Dear MOD,

Concerning Frankie Rhoden, can I say that at least one person openly admitted in sm arguing and fighting with him on a regular basis?

I am looking for your guidance on the limits.

Regards JK.

We may discuss anything that has been discussed in Main Stream Media. For instance, the information at these links and other MSM articles about threats on social media:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-threat-targeted-executed-ohio-family/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-murdered-historic-ties-Mexican-cartels.html

In the early days of the investigation a young man gave interviews to press stating he had been questioned about Facebook threats against some Rhodens. I cannot readily locate the link for his interview but that is fine for discussion too.

I hope that is helpful

In response to both grow73 and rsd1200,

If your reply was just to state your opinion please exuse the rest or just take as a clarification to my original post. To me you are arguing against my statement by providing a link. This is exactly why I tried to choose my words carefully.

*I understand that there are reasons that you have come to believe everything you stated in your comment and I am open to ponder various theories. Has it persuade me? No. Why? Because, although I may agree that some of your statements are probable they are not fact. To be clear I never said they were not *found in bed.

As for KR, although regarding his murder I do believe he was yes killed in bed and while he was sleeping. The word found, however, is an explanation of only he was left dead in bed as seen by a witness, but I was never referring to KR anyway. I encourage you to re-read my statement:

"I want to point out, *aside from CR1 and KR, that there were more than two gunshot wounds to 5 of the victims which *could *indicate those victims were not asleep and *some *may not have been in bed and it is *possible they *could have been moved there after they had been killed."

Note the word *aside meaning not referring to CR1 & KR. Also note the word *could meaning it is possible. I never said it was so. Matter of fact I didn't even say it was likely or probable. What I said was *possible. By picking apart each segment or sentence you may be missing the point I was trying to make.

As for the link you provided:
If you are just trying to convince me to agree with your statement and this is not an argument against my statment then once again please disregard the following:

This link has no official statement or document referring to what I had stated and it makes everything else you are arguing irrelivent. But I'll humor you.

"It’s believed most of the victims were shot as they slept."

1. This is not an official statement it is in the words of the reporter. You know this because in the article there are no quotations around this statement.

2. This statement and its use of the word "believed" is an opinion. Meaning it is what is believed. Believed by who? I don't know it does not say.

As for being "found":
Being found in bed or anywhere else for that matter does not necessarily mean they were not not awake and moving around prior to being shot. Just for example someone could have been up in the same room or in some other room doing whatever and forced back into the bed and could have been shot somewhere else and moved to the bed.

Does any of this mean I'm trying to persuade you to believing some other scenario? No. How do you know that I'm not? Because I haven't provided you another scenario. I am simply stating the facts..

This is in part why I why in my original post I encouraged everyone to read what others say and post carefully.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I appreciate that reference. Second, third or even fourth hand information gets a little skewed, not intentionaly....but it just happens. I like the straight facts.

Someone mentioned whether or not a determination can be made if someone was asleep at TOD.
I DON'T HAVE a link and although I'm an RN, I don't even pretend to know the science about TOD.
But when I think about it, someone who is laying in bed just PRETENDING to be asleep would have tons of adrenaline from the fear alone. Their heart would probably be beating very strong, pulse racing and palpable. This may result in a lot more blood leaving the body with a lot more force. Maybe more rapid blood loss? Whereas someone was REALLY asleep, heart would be normal, no fear or adrenaline, and blood loss or spatter might be minimal.
Like I said ONLY a thought. NO scientific or link otherwise. Just lots of time to ponder stuff with no new news.
Well, I'm an LPN, and I agree with increased adrenaline, heart pounding, fight or flight trying to kick in, increased stress hormones. I am a private duty nurse, so I think you could probably get a good idea from a doctor as to whether our hypothesis is plausible.

Well, I'm an LPN, and I agree with increased adrenaline, heart pounding, fight or flight trying to kick in, increased stress hormones. I am a private duty nurse, so I think you could probably get a good idea from a doctor as to whether our hypothesis is plausible.

BBM: I wonder if a blood test could detect those? Interesting thought.

<modsnip> I said they never confirmed that any of the victims were indeed asleep. <modsnip>

BBM: I wonder if a blood test could detect those? Interesting thought.
I believe they could, since excess natural production of hormones and enzymes are eventually metabolized out of the blood stream by the kidneys or liver.

The impression I got from LE was that most of the victims were asleep. I'm very interested in the details the autopsies would reveal about that. Wish the forum has a MD we could ask about the elevated stress hormone 'theory'. Thanks Nurses for your thoughts.

The impression I got from LE was that most of the victims were asleep. I'm very interested in the details the autopsies would reveal about that. Wish the forum has a MD we could ask about the elevated stress hormone 'theory'. Thanks Nurses for your thoughts.

I was just reading about running tests on fluid out of the eye. I wonder if adrenaline is present in that fluid.

I got the same impression from LE. It sounds like 5 or 6 of them were asleep. I've never really figured out from the scant details if Dana was in bed or not.

<modsnip>I said it was never officially confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member