OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A large grow? There's not enough from LE or news to establish the size of the R's grow. All of that land here and there though.

I thought I'd go back and look at some of the early reporting on the marijuana grow sites and reporting of the number of plants. Just to refresh on things for myself, so I thought I'd share. If anyone is interested, I picked out three, from early on, that I thought showed the changing description of the grow sites, and I bolded one comment I found particularly interesting.

As early as three days after the murders, a Newsweek article stated that multiple gunmen were suspected, on the 26th, Rob Junk told The Columbus Dispatch that marijuana operations were discovered at three of the four crime scenes and included a grow-house that "sheltered" hundreds of plants.
http://www.newsweek.com/rhoden-family-murders-ohio-marijuana-grow-operations-452053

May 4th, Dewine to Dayton Daily News: "Additionally, the marijuana grow operations that authorities discovered appeared to be for commercial use, he said, declining to go into specifics. He also declined to say if there are indications that any of the victims were aware of the grow operations.The marijuana grow operations found were not simply a few random plants in a field somewhere, the Columbus Dispatch reported from an interview with Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. He told Dispatch reporters at least one was indoors and there appeared to be several hundreds of plants."
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/ohio-shooting-latest-on-pike-county-murders/nrG7Q/

April 25th, 10TV.Com: [FONT=&amp]A law enforcement source confirmed that investigators found roughly 200 marijuana plants growing inside one of the four crime scenes where eight people were killed Friday in Pike County. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The Pike County Prosecutor said investigators also found two marijuana crops growing outdoors.
http://www.10tv.com/article/pot-grow-operations-found-near-executions-pike-co-update

I don't know if they mean outdoors, by plants in a shed, (KR's) or already planted in the woods, but it would be VERY early to find decent sized plants in the woods at that time of the year, unless they started planting the indoor plants, that were getting larger, outside already, or, old grow sites were found.[/FONT]

Thanks rsd1200 that is a good run down of articles. I would imagine the shed would be considered indoor but who knows. Maybe the outdoor grows had immature plants, but were large scale in number.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks rsd1200 that is a good run down of articles. I would imagine the shed would be considered indoor but who knows. Maybe the outdoor grows had immature plants, but were large scale in number.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Your welcome. I've just been pondering this "large scale" that everyone tosses around when they find these grow ops. To me, the Eury's is more of what I'd call sophisticated and larger scale, however, there are some pretty large scale grows, outdoors, throughout the region every year.

I don't think that shed at KR's could be a "grow house" that sheltered hundreds of plants, as a "sophisticated" grow, though, but, who knows? However, I also found it interesting that Dewine wouldn't comment as to whether the victims were aware of the grow operations. I thought this could mean that at two of the locations, outdoor grows could have been started, or found to have existed prior, but that it wasn't clear who had started them on the properties. Those wooded areas back up to other properties. Someone else could have planted on CR1's property. People do that so that they don't get their own property confiscated if it's found. KR's daughter, iirc, said she knew her father raised a crop, and DS said he'd seen a "tray" in KR's shed. If he had a couple hundred seedlings, then they'd fit in that shed, and maybe there were some in that other trailer on the property too, with a few grow lights, until ready to transplant, or move to a better location. If he'd gutted that other trailer and used it, it wouldn't be a bad location. I guess what I'm getting at, is, could it be that only KR had the indoor plants? And that only KR could be definitely connected to those plants (based on what we know about KR)?

I can see where you're coming from, rsd1200, but I don't think that's possible.naybe if they found pot growing back in the woods at Kenny's, and of course back in the woods at Chris's, and yes, it might have been started by somebody "squatting" on their land, but not in the traditional way, but with crops instead.
There's no way that anybody was using land or buildings close to the two houses Chris and Frankie were living in. From what people have posted about the strong distinct odor the plants put out, I think their noses could do the walking straight to the exact place it was located. I can imagine it is like eucalyptus - the odor hangs on forever. I've never been around pot when it is growing, but I can recognize eucalyptus from a half mile away!
And although AG Mike said it was a sophisticated grow, comparing it to the Eury's would be like comparing petunias to roses!

I am compelled to smile when I read all these references to pot growth and who in the family is the. most likely to be
guilty of something and on and on. We can get carried away with details and relationships to the point that our final
conclusion will hinge on our sleuthing of minute details that does not fit in any way with the murder of the family. Those
moble homes that were impounded I think will give the A.G. a paper trail that will reveal the nature of this crime..I think
most of the deceased family was like me.A first class piddler who when they made little purchases or wanted to save
receipts, jut dumped their pocket on the dresser and an accumulation of bits and pieces of information might reveal
definite information... Let's try to avoid getting bogged down in useless chatter about farms..we can concentrate on
the serial killer's identity by hitting the public records and information that is not restricted.... Go research and find
people who have just purchased elaborate new homes or is sporting a big Cadillac and that person has no means
of support.. You get the picture.. Jmo

Your welcome. I've just been pondering this "large scale" that everyone tosses around when they find these grow ops. To me, the Eury's is more of what I'd call sophisticated and larger scale, however, there are some pretty large scale grows, outdoors, throughout the region every year.

I don't think that shed at KR's could be a "grow house" that sheltered hundreds of plants, as a "sophisticated" grow, though, but, who knows? However, I also found it interesting that Dewine wouldn't comment as to whether the victims were aware of the grow operations. I thought this could mean that at two of the locations, outdoor grows could have been started, or found to have existed prior, but that it wasn't clear who had started them on the properties. Those wooded areas back up to other properties. Someone else could have planted on CR1's property. People do that so that they don't get their own property confiscated if it's found. KR's daughter, iirc, said she knew her father raised a crop, and DS said he'd seen a "tray" in KR's shed. If he had a couple hundred seedlings, then they'd fit in that shed, and maybe there were some in that other trailer on the property too, with a few grow lights, until ready to transplant, or move to a better location. If he'd gutted that other trailer and used it, it wouldn't be a bad location. I guess what I'm getting at, is, could it be that only KR had the indoor plants? And that only KR could be definitely connected to those plants (based on what we know about KR)?

This brings up another possibility. Maybe the grow operations were in the woods and put there by someone else. Maybe CR1 told them to get rid of the plants or get turned in. If they suspected KR told CR1 to do that, he would be on the list for revenge, also.

This brings up another possibility. Maybe the grow operations were in the woods and put there by someone else. Maybe CR1 told them to get rid of the plants or get turned in. If they suspected KR told CR1 to do that, he would be on the list for revenge, also.

Or if that's a possibility, maybe he said it's on my property, it's mine. But we know KR, at least, had his own "grow" in an outbuilding.

Question. Is the market value of marijuana different across the country or pretty much standard?

I can see where you're coming from, rsd1200, but I don't think that's possible.naybe if they found pot growing back in the woods at Kenny's, and of course back in the woods at Chris's, and yes, it might have been started by somebody "squatting" on their land, but not in the traditional way, but with crops instead.
There's no way that anybody was using land or buildings close to the two houses Chris and Frankie were living in. From what people have posted about the strong distinct odor the plants put out, I think their noses could do the walking straight to the exact place it was located. I can imagine it is like eucalyptus - the odor hangs on forever. I've never been around pot when it is growing, but I can recognize eucalyptus from a half mile away!
And although AG Mike said it was a sophisticated grow, comparing it to the Eury's would be like comparing petunias to roses!

Well, KR was back further from the road than CR1. His shed, and if he'd gutted that trailer, would have been useful. There's a place not far from me that has a ginormous grow operation (acres). They process and dry in hoop houses and when they are doing so, and you drive past the property, you can absolutely smell it from the main highway. However, on KR's location, if he dried it and processed it in the other trailer, I doubt anyone would notice the odor, being as he was in the spot he was in. He wasn't as close to the road, and I'd say there wasn't frequent traffic by LE out there.

I am compelled to smile when I read all these references to pot growth and who in the family is the. most likely to be
guilty of something and on and on. We can get carried away with details and relationships to the point that our final
conclusion will hinge on our sleuthing of minute details that does not fit in any way with the murder of the family. Those
moble homes that were impounded I think will give the A.G. a paper trail that will reveal the nature of this crime..I think
most of the deceased family was like me.A first class piddler who when they made little purchases or wanted to save
receipts, jut dumped their pocket on the dresser and an accumulation of bits and pieces of information might reveal
definite information... Let's try to avoid getting bogged down in useless chatter about farms..we can concentrate on
the serial killer's identity by hitting the public records and information that is not restricted.... Go research and find
people who have just purchased elaborate new homes or is sporting a big Cadillac and that person has no means
of support.. You get the picture.. Jmo

Well, by eliminating that some people in the family may very well have had nothing to do with, or knowledge of, the grows, it says to me even more that this was not about the pot. I'm making a point, so to speak. If you have a direction to point us in, give us a link from the property valuations. Idk who bought a new car in Pike County, I don't live there. But I do know that Dewine declined to say if there are indications that any of the victims were aware of the grow operations. This leads me to believe it is not about the pot (nor do I believe it to be about chickens or cars). At this point in time there's little to discuss, so share your information with the group.

Question. Is the market value of marijuana different across the country or pretty much standard?

It varies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankbi...pensive-states-to-buy-marijuana/#7e4d3fb427ed

Availability being one of the price factors.

Generally, prices are higher in markets without any legal availability.

Product quality (indoor v. outdoor, strain, etc.) is also a major factor.

Moving product to markets with higher demand (rural v. urban/suburban) with no availability from legal sales makes sense in agricultural economics.

Indications are that demand continues to rise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lion-american-adults-currently-use-marijuana/

As more states go legal, the legitimate study of the market economics also continues to grow.

It's big market $.

DeWine on Autopsy Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPn8F2uBls#t=26

One thing I agree with Ray on is watch for those new vehicles, I just saw one...

Video was interesting.

Paraphrasing DeWine: "We know a whole lot more about the victims. We know a whole lot more of what goes on in Pike County. And in the past."

Also interesting: "determining the veracity of witnesses...informants."

Anybody know if Kenny's place was located on a cul-de-sac? That would also make for less traffic around his home.

DeWine on Autopsy Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJPn8F2uBls#t=26

One thing I agree with Ray on is watch for those new vehicles, I just saw one...

I don't disagree w/locals taking note of those type purchases, and by whom, but, I do disagree with Ray Pate in his apparent belief that these murders were the result of a "serial killer". A revenge killing, or blood feud, even a vigilante killing, yes, I can see those scenarios, but I just do not see the assailants as serial killers. Serial killers, as far as what I've learned, do not normally operate in teams. There was more than one assailant. They've said that from the get go. That new car may possibly have been partially purchased w/cash they took from KR, that he made from a grow, (that was quite possibly solely his own, too). Hashing out things like that is why we're here. Good video, btw, thanks for sharing that.

Anybody know if Kenny's place was located on a cul-de-sac? That would also make for less traffic around his home.

All of the properties involved are country land, no cul de sacs. Here's a picture of where KR lived. Google 1084 Left Fork Road and you will get a better idea of it using google earth feature.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TwqBxMf-6Lc/maxresdefault.jpg

b1df06cf-b158-4105-a4bd-8e9cae133b69_500.jpg

Also, I agree rsd. Trav, it is burgandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme