OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was 4 different locations that had to be broken in to. Killing 8 people because of rejection? Passion usually subsides once the suspect kills the person they are angry at. To shoot 8 people in the head while they're sleeping -including women who had their children next to them or nearby, is something else entirely. There are always going to be exceptions to this, but they're actually quite rare considering there are nearly 15,000 murders per year on average. So, if this was revenge for some sexual abuse, why would the women get killed (unless you think they were abusing them)? I think the motive may well be revenge, and involve family - maybe greed (hence the money was stolen and this could be something the PD is holding back).

BBM

Possibly. Or they were killed because the killer(s) felt the victims were turning a "blind eye" to it. Think about the Brittanee Drexel case in Myrtle Beach area. There seems to be more than one person involved as well as family... father and son. I believe others, possibly in that family, knew what has been going on but refuse to see it.

Interesting thoughts on sexual abuse! I know that is something that can be kept extremely quiet, but the only person who was ever known to have that problem was G'Pa Rhoden, and he died 8yrs ago. Unless somebody in Chris's or Kenny's immediate family said something AFTER G'Pa's death

Those things sometimes continue on in the family. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree sort of thing.

THE_OG described a case thread 18 where daughter and boyfriend killed all her family because they were not approving her choice of friends.

Its the closest example I can give. I won't say more not to break TOS.

THE_OG described a case thread 18 where daughter and boyfriend killed all her family because they were not approving her choice of friends.

Its the closest example I can give. I won't say more not to break TOS.

And of course they survived, it was the whole idea

This was 4 different locations that had to be broken in to. Killing 8 people because of rejection? Passion usually subsides once the suspect kills the person they are angry at. To shoot 8 people in the head while they're sleeping -including women who had their children next to them or nearby, is something else entirely. There are always going to be exceptions to this, but they're actually quite rare considering there are nearly 15,000 murders per year on average. So, if this was revenge for some sexual abuse, why would the women get killed (unless you think they were abusing them)? I think the motive may well be revenge, and involve family - maybe greed (hence the money was stolen and this could be something the PD is holding back).

If it were someone in the family, wanting the money, seems they'd know about the possible purchase of DR's home. CR1 paid for that, partially, w/ $30 grand cash. I'd have hit before he made the final deal. $30 grand is a lot of money. The time they struck, money wise, was probably not the most opportune.

Let me offer my unsolicited opinion and let's see if this opinion makes any sense. First, someone posted that they believed
Dewine made a statement that this slaughter required a year to plan. If TOSH stops me here, I will be wasting my time
Going any farther. This time line fits my scheme of things.. I have been around Good-ol-boy networks a long time. I know
the derby crowd, the car retale industry, chop shops, and pot growers.if this scheme has taken a year to come to pass, Those
men have been talking about this for a year .That does not mean they knew the slaughter was going to happen, but they
watched what was transpiring and the killer was in their neighborhood constantly through the week...Finally, in April, when
The word go out ,, those good-old boys started comparing notes ..My opinion is the friends of the family know the killer.
They will decide the future of the killer and exact mountain justice.harsh but true.

Let me offer my unsolicited opinion and let's see if this opinion makes any sense. First, someone posted that they believed
Dewine made a statement that this slaughter required a year to plan.
If TOSH stops me here, I will be wasting my time
Going any farther. This time line fits my scheme of things.. I have been around Good-ol-boy networks a long time. I know
the derby crowd, the car retale industry, chop shops, and pot growers.if this scheme has taken a year to come to pass, Those
men have been talking about this for a year .That does not mean they knew the slaughter was going to happen, but they
watched what was transpiring and the killer was in their neighborhood constantly through the week...Finally, in April, when
The word go out ,, those good-old boys started comparing notes ..My opinion is the friends of the family know the killer.
They will decide the future of the killer and exact mountain justice.harsh but true.

RBBM. I'd need to see a link to verify that. I think I've listened to all the statements by DeWine and I never heard anything about the crime being planned for a year. Please feel free to correct me if someone has a link. TIA.

I don't know how to link, but if you type in Pike county murders update, you should see"In Pike County, family clings to hope-cincinatti.com, www.cincinatti.com/story/news/2016/7/22/...
That should bring up 14 videos, and most likely it will be there. Youtube also has a large compilation of videos there, too.

P.S. the link actually worked! I'm shocked!

On another case I am interested in, somebody said something about SPICE that is linked to pot. When I asked to have it explained to me, somebody just gave me more or less a babble, and I am still in the dark! Anybody know what that is?

http://spiceaddictionsupport.org/what-is-spice/

Spice / K2: It’s Not What You Think!

Many people have heard about Spice or K2, also known as synthetic cannabis, fake pot, synthetic marijuana, legal weed, herbal incense and potpourri.

Most people, though, think ‘spice’ is a seasoning for your food like paprika or pepper. They think ‘K2’ is a famous mountain.

And that’s exactly what the makers of this dangerous drug want non-users to think…

Most people have no idea how this awful synthetic drug is affecting millions of people all over the world.

The word is slowly leaking out, however, as reports to Poison Control and emergency room visits have skyrocketed over the past few years.

So, what exactly is Spice / K2?

What Does Spice Look Like?

spice-diamond-open-packet.jpeg

Traditional smoked Spice/K2 looks like herbal tobacco, or natural marijuana.

It’s actually made from dried plant material and chopped up herbs in a mixture of colors including beige, cream red and brown. The active ingredients are sprayed onto the plant material.

spice diamond open packet

The most popular brands sold today are Spice and K2.

But Spice is actually sold under more than 500 names including Mojo, Scooby Snax, Black Mamba and Annihilation.

Cloud-9-synthetic-marijuana-droplets-300x234.jpeg

Cloud 9 synthetic marijuana droplets

Today, vaping the liquid form of synthetic marijuana is a fast-rising trend. The increasing popularity of e-cigarettes, vape pens and hookah pens – especially in high schools and universities – is the reason behind this shift.

<SNIP>

What Is Spice Made Of?

<SNIP>

In 2008, the scientific and law enforcement communities began to study what was actually contained in synthetic cannabis mixtures. The result of the scientific analyses was alarming.

Analysis showed that rather than being a simple mixture of harmless herbs, such as canavalia maritima, leonotis leonurus, zornia latifolia and others, the product had in fact been sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids.

These are not the “All Natural” ingredients listed on their packaging and on the sellers’ web sites. These chemicals are similar to natural cannabinoid found in marijuana, THC – tetrahydracannabinol, but affect brain receptors differently.

Spice and K2 may contain one of many synthetic cannabinoids such as JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, AM-2201 UR-144, XLR-11, AKB4, cannabicyclohexanol and AB-CHMINACA, AB-PINACA or AB-FUBINACA. Even the prescription drug, phenazapam, has been found in some products.

Synthetic cannabinoids happens to fit into the same receptors that THC latches onto in the brain, so they can have an effect similar to THC.

However, some synthetic cannabinoids are 100X stronger than THC and many operate on other brain receptors, too.

This can cause a number of significant negative side effects including high blood pressure, blurred vision, heart attack, vomiting, seizures, hallucinations, and severe anxiety and paranoia.

<SNIP>

How Is Synthetic Marijuana Made?

Synthetic cannabinoids are produced as an oil or a crystalline powder that can easily be sprayed on plant material or any other low cost garbage the manufacturers can get away with to create a product that can be smoked and provide some kind of high.

<SNIP>

In liquid forms of Spice or K2, the variety of chemicals may be greater. Some suspect that a few brands of liquid Spice may contain traces of synthetic psychedelics such as 2C-P.

<SNIP>

Where Can I Learn More About Spice/K2?

While we wait for research to be completed, the next best way to learn about spice addiction is to listen to spice addicts and their loved ones tell their stories.

This is why we launched this site in 2013.

Since then, our users have submitted over a thousand personal accounts of addiction to synthetic marijuana.

The best 500 stories are available for you to read on this site. All of the stories posted here are real, raw and unedited (except for fixing typos/formatting).

The user stories and discussions on this site paint a consistent and vivid picture of just how addictive spice can be, for example:

*Detoxing from K2 or spice often takes a week or longer. You may have to take time off of work due to the withdrawal symptoms.
*Withdrawing from spice is extremely uncomfortable. Common withdrawal symptoms include extreme vomiting and diarrhea, inability to eat or drink, inability to focus, fatigue and extreme insomnia.
*Serious health issues reported include extreme dehydration, heart palpitations, renal failure and death.
*Relapse from spice addiction is common. Some people who quit years ago still crave the drug. Nothing like natural weed.
*Some claim that ending an addiction to Spice or K2 can be as difficult as quitting crack cocaine or heroin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a good read glf about SPICE and the major effects

I know it is a very long, but it is worth the read.

Thanks ~

Thank you for the explanation GeeEm! I thought synthetic marijuana was similar to natural marijuana and that spice was like bath salts or flakka.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have heard of K2 for a few years now, just never heard it called SPICE. A few years back, it was legal to sell it in Tex, legal to buy it in Tex, but if your urine sample or blood sample came back positive from use, you could be arrested! Go figure! As I said, that was at least three years ago, maybe even five years ago. I don't know what, if any changes have been made as far as LE's R's and R's concerning legality now.

Thank you for the explanation GeeEm! I thought synthetic marijuana was similar to natural marijuana and that spice was like bath salts or flakka.
BBM
Totally off topic, but, a close relative of mine, thought the bad bath salts was the same kind as the ones you put in the actual bathtub. They dumped all of theirs thinking it was illegal to have them now.

You KNOW you are very welcome Blue :), anytime! Actually, a friend whom visited CO earlier in this year, sent me pictures of synthetic marijuana, I was shocked, I told them NOT TO DO IT, but they did! CRAZY KIDS! :tantrum:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I have heard of K2 for a few years now, just never heard it called SPICE. A few years back, it was legal to sell it in Tex, legal to buy it in Tex, but if your urine sample or blood sample came back positive from use, you could be arrested! Go figure! As I said, that was at least three years ago, maybe even five years ago. I don't know what, if any changes have been made as far as LE's R's and R's concerning legality now.

You are so welcome glf :) That's how I learned the meaning of synthetics believe it or not, from a college KID visiting in CO and reading about the mixtures! I tried to tell them, you do not know what you are getting when you purchase synthetic marijuana. :scared:

A friend of mine is a doctor in NYC, in The Bronx. She said their ER sees hundreds of cases of people getting very sick from synthetic Cannabis.

HR's infant has parental issues. However, no need to murder an entire family over something that was not yet known, especially if you are already the father of one child, and have no custody/visitation issues surrounding the first child. The other, I don't see murdering his own sibling over something he did not yet know. I just don't see either man, in the picture, murdering an entire family over a dna test that they didn't yet know the results. Not even if they did know. It seemed the family was very good w/working things like that out. Unless you are a potential father, who is known only to the family, and doesn't want to be outed. Ever. Still, that's a very slim likelihood.
I refer to CG's interview. He did not know the results before birth but he knew his name was not on the birth certificate. He also declared being sure it was his. I interpret from his words that he is not taking too well being separated from the child. It's in the interview

You make a point about the sibling. When families are linked by multiple relationships, family bonds are strong. The other family becomes yours too, even more. Breakups are more difficult and disputes can disrupt relations between the siblings as well.

I would actually argue the sibling situation could explain how a dispute spreads from 1 to 8. Especially if - speculating - HR complained to her family of stalking/difficulties around her delivery.

BBM
Totally off topic, but, a close relative of mine, thought the bad bath salts was the same kind as the ones you put in the actual bathtub. They dumped all of theirs thinking it was illegal to have them now.
When I first heard of them, I thought people were taking regular bath salts and putting them in a pot pipe and smoking them! Then I learned a few weeks later what they were! I thought people had really flipped! I didn't have any to throw away, though.

I refer to CG's interview. He did not know the results before birth but he knew his name was not on the birth certificate. He also declared being sure it was his. I interpret from his words that he is not taking too well being separated from the child. It's in the interview

You make a point about the sibling. When families are linked by multiple relationships, family bonds are strong. The other family becomes yours too, even more. Breakups are more difficult and disputes can disrupt relations between the siblings as well.

I would actually argue the sibling situation could explain how a dispute spreads from 1 to 8. Especially if - speculating - HR complained to her family of stalking/difficulties around her delivery.
After hearing Charlie and his G'Pa talk about the baby, I just got the feeling he was really hopeful she was his. I didn't get any hint of strained relationship there, except maybe Charlie was disappointed things didn't work out between him and Hanna. I have a SIL with five kids, and two of them had questionable paternity. She got her feelings hurt because every time she wanted to talk to one person about the oldest son, the only phone number she had was his mom's, and that lady made certain she never got to contact her son. And when the youngest son was born, the story ended up much different because she could actually get in touch with that dad. She carried promiscuous to a whole new level! So she had nobody to blame but herself.

CG and his sister were very close. I just don't see that he's played any role in this. He's too heartbroken. The other potential father, I don't see, b/c of the relationship he had w/ HR, and his first child. There seemed to be no problem between them (on the surface). She wasn't keeping him from the first child so the likelihood of her doing so with the 2nd child was pretty slim. It was just a matter of a dna test to determine who the father is. That happens on an almost daily basis these days. I think the baby will turn out to be CH's. I think he's pretty sure it will too, thus his frustration.

Edit: CH having his name on the birth cert would not have been enough to stop CG from legally requesting a dna. They were not legally married.

CG and his sister were very close. I just don't see that he's played any role in this. He's too heartbroken. The other potential father, I don't see, b/c of the relationship he had w/ HR, and his first child. There seemed to be no problem between them (on the surface). She wasn't keeping him from the first child so the likelihood of her doing so with the 2nd child was pretty slim. It was just a matter of a dna test to determine who the father is. That happens on an almost daily basis these days. I think the baby will turn out to be CH's. I think he's pretty sure it will too, thus his frustration.

Edit: CH having his name on the birth cert would not have been enough to stop CG from legally requesting a dna. They were not legally married.

The person(s) who did it knew the homes and the routines of the family. It was probably done by people who went from love to hatred.
Are the perps acting emotionally detached or heartbroken today? Honestly I don't know. They could be well heartbroken for what they've done. In contrast, I don't believe someone who did not care, could put so much energy in the crime.
In any case, he is not named as a POI so I can't say much more, unless he talks to media. But he has become very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez