OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSD1200, posts #626 & 628, were what I was referring to! My thoughts are not leaning toward an older man, but a younger teen, maybe 16 or 17. But, as I stated earlier, I think the baby will belong to Jake or Charlie.

I do believe it will be CG. They were in a new relationship around mid-July of last year.

Teen is until nineteen. At what age or under which condition it starts to make sense?
21, 25 or more ?

As for derby disputes and car bumping as not being motives, I agree with you. Though, it doesn't mean that the offender and victims were not practicing derby together.

I don't think someone in the Rhoden kid's age group did this. They are still in their actual "teens". Just like all of our school shooters, they have normally told someone what they were going to do, before they did it, but no one took them seriously, until the aftermath. That's why so many restrictions on what you can and can't say in school these days (or bring. We used to bring knives to class and kids had hunting rifles in their trucks). If you so much as utter the words, "I'm gonna kill you!", you are suspended or possibly expelled, and at the discretion of the principle, LE may be called in as well. Let me say, that in my day, "I'm gonna kill you!", was uttered as a childhood phrase, for: If you don't stop, I'll kick your butt. or I'm so mad, I'm gonna beat the daylights outta you! We never took it to mean that we were actually going to "kill" someone. These days, if a 6 yr old kid bites a gun shape, out of his pb&J sandwich, in the cafeteria, he is expelled. Different world we live in. I digress, but, that's what I meant by teens cannot keep a secret.

We
As for the police informant, all it takes is for one person to find out, in the community, that you dropped a dime on someone, and your name is going to fly around the circles. There's more than a couple folks around here, who did it, to get out of some stuff, and their names are Mud. They wore a wire and went in on folks, and yes, they did get outed. So no matter how quiet it is, it does get around, and they are hated for it. As far as LE, they've had a history of dirty LE, and who better to know who's narcing than LE? So, if a dirty LE heard it through the grapevine that the Rhodens were narcing, and one or more of them thought they'd be outed, I don't see it as far fetched.

If the older man were a family member I'm sure that they'd be pretty heated. I would be. I never said this person killed that entire family over it, however, that may be one of the reasons why some of the proceedings are being kept confidential, and he could well be a person under suspicion too. They've not eliminated all of the family from suspicion, as of Aug. 13th, per the family.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/
And I do understand about informants. Even back in the mid 80's when an extended family member got busted, I was asked about could my informant family member have had something to do with the person getting caught, I just said I didn't think they would do something like that to another family member, and nothing more was ever said about it.
And surely, if somebody was seen talking to LE, if it was me, I could think fast enough to say something like I have been getting strange phone calls and no number shows up, and I wanted to know if I could do anything about it. Or say something to take away from looking suspicious. I would believe that I would have already have thought about that before ever contacting LE.

We
And I do understand about informants. Even back in the mid 80's when an extended family member got busted, I was asked about could my informant family member have had something to do with the person getting caught, I just said I didn't think they would do something like that to another family member, and nothing more was ever said about it.
And surely, if somebody was seen talking to LE, if it was me, I could think fast enough to say something like I have been getting strange phone calls and no number shows up, and I wanted to know if I could do anything about it. Or say something to take away from looking suspicious. I would believe that I would have already have thought about that before ever contacting LE.

It happened to a family member of mine as well, only it was just a couple years ago. The narc wore a wire on this person. In planning for their defense, their atty. got ALL of the items from the prosecution to defend this person, including the wire audio. The person who ended up wearing the wire was the wife of a friend of theirs. Their name got spread all over the county. To this day, that person is hated, by more than my relative. The way they see it, if you are going to do the crime, then be ready to do the time. No snitchin'. I've led a colorful life to put it simply and this is not the 80s. With the birth of the information highway it's not as easy for narcs (or anything else) to remain hidden.

I don't think someone in the Rhoden kid's age group did this. They are still in their actual "teens". Just like all of our school shooters, they have normally told someone what they were going to do, before they did it, but no one took them seriously, until the aftermath. That's why so many restrictions on what you can and can't say in school these days (or bring. We used to bring knives to class and kids had hunting rifles in their trucks). If you so much as utter the words, "I'm gonna kill you!", you are suspended or possibly expelled, and at the discretion of the principle, LE may be called in as well. Let me say, that in my day, "I'm gonna kill you!", was uttered as a childhood phrase, for: If you don't stop, I'll kick your butt. or I'm so mad, I'm gonna beat the daylights outta you! We never took it to mean that we were actually going to "kill" someone. These days, if a 6 yr old kid bites a gun shape, out of his pb&J sandwich, in the cafeteria, he is expelled. Different world we live in. I digress, but, that's what I meant by teens cannot keep a secret.

OK RSD. We'll see who is right when an arrest is made.* But I won't follow you on the age of the perp. I still say FR's generation.

This case, imo, is not motivated by any sort of business logic. It's a personal and irrational crime following a crisis in the relationship with the family, which ever that relation was.

There is no age for someone to commit suicide and take the family. But to kill with so much energy for jealousy, hatred or revenge thinking to survive it is a pretty immature decision. Most people can handle better at 30. That's a dump thing a 20-25 years old does.

It also goes with the statistics. Immaturity explains in part the offender curve. 18-25 is the age one makes its place in society, work, family. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and you have no experience to deal with it. It just feels the whole world is against you starting with your own family. It's typical of many active shooter situations.

Keeping a secret is an issue although many young offenders are experienced with cops. But I really wonder what 2 killers really mean.* Sometimes, I suspect it means one killer and one parent covering his butt with an attorney. It could as simple as a kid and a parent completely silent waiting for the hard evidence. Apart from the statement of the AG, which could be purely tactical, we have no facts proving it had to be done by 2 active shooters. Everything is our speculation.

I would not agree to the view that it's too sophisticated to be done by a young man. This generation is far better than ours at sophistication and handling a weapon is a non issue in that part of the world.

My thinking is along the lines of someone around DR's age. They could keep a secret and others around them could to. I think this has been building for awhile. I think it had to do with the violence the Rhodens represented, their superior attitude to someones way of thinking, revenge of some kind. I think that the people involved probably did or are doing some kind of drug. I don't think it's over property and if drugs are involved, I don't think that was the reason for the murders. I think that a few people had just had enough of the Rhoden family (Chris Sr's). I've heard both Gary and Chris Jr liked to talk a lot. We've seen enough articles to know both young and adult people had some kind of problems with them. IMO this was some kind of revenge, plain and simple.

OK RSD. We'll see who is right when an arrest is made.* But I won't follow you on the age of the perp. I still say FR's generation.

This case, imo, is not motivated by any sort of business logic. It's a personal and irrational crime following a crisis in the relationship with the family, which ever that relation was.

There is no age for someone to commit suicide and take the family. But to kill with so much energy for jealousy, hatred or revenge thinking to survive it is a pretty immature decision. Most people can handle better at 30. That's a dump thing a 20-25 years old does.

It also goes with the statistics. Immaturity explains in part the offender curve. 18-25 is the age one makes its place in society, work, family. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and you have no experience to deal with it. It just feels the whole world is against you starting with your own family. It's typical of many active shooter situations.

Keeping a secret is an issue although many young offenders are experienced with cops. But I really wonder what 2 killers really mean.* Sometimes, I suspect it means one killer and one parent covering his butt with an attorney. It could as simple as a kid and a parent completely silent waiting for the hard evidence. Apart from the statement of the AG, which could be purely tactical, we have no facts proving it had to be done by 2 active shooters. Everything is our speculation.

I would not agree to the view that it's too sophisticated to be done by a young man. This generation is far better than ours at sophistication and handling a weapon is a non issue in that part of the world.

I don't doubt this could be accomplished by someone in their mid to late twenties or older. They have the invincibility factor going for them at that age. I just don't think it's much younger than 20 though. It takes a pretty mature person to stand up under the questioning of LE. That's one reason why LE keeps a lot of key details to themselves. One, is false confession. Blows my mind, but folks will falsely confess to these kinds of crimes. Go figure?! The second, in questioning, they are allowed to lie, and lie they will. Keeping those details back allows them that advantage of tripping them up w/details the assailant may not know they have. Teens just don't have the mental maturity to handle themselves in these situations. If they don't break under interrogation, they'll get paranoid and tell someone. I do believe there were multiple assailants, only b/c it's been pretty much stated from the get go, and GR's father spoke of two different shell casings. I honestly think there could have been three, after riding through HWY 32, over Labor Day Weekend. It would just be too easy to come in through that mountain parkway and never be seen. Someone drops them off and picks up. Maybe the driver could have even paid KR a visit while he waited to pick up the other two. I do think this could possibly be due to a very emotionally charged situation that got these people murdered. The assailants, for some reason, hated the Rhoden clan, and wanted that nuclear family gone, and maybe KR & GR were murdered as collateral damage. Then again, maybe they got to narcing and it blew back on them, from whomever they were narcing on b/c they didn't want to go to prison either. That doesn't explain why BJM is alive though. I'd think that she knew everything going on. It's also possible that this is an "In Cold Blood" sort of thing (that keeps rising to the top to me too). Maybe there was possibly rumored, a lot of hidden money, at each location, but, there wasn't, and all of those people died over a rumor. You know how these rumors start in small towns, about people who appear to be run of the mill, but have more money than Fort Knox, stashed back in a flour jar, in their deep freeze.

I agree about the "In Cold Blood" scenario. I would bet that every little town has a family thought to be rich behind the scenes. It can also be thought the opposite of people, too. An episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" aired back in the 90's, a man died and left no hint of any family. He was elderly, retired, lived very simply in an efficiency apt, and walked everywhere in his neighborhood. He knew most everybody from weekly, and sometimes daily contact. People were frequently buying him a can of coffee, or a quart of milk, or sending homemade soup with him. He was very kind and gracious, and everybody seemed to like him. When he died, and the SD started looking for next of kin, it was learned he had over $75,000.00 in the bank! They were finally able to find some cousins who hadn't heard from him in years.

I agree about the "In Cold Blood" scenario. I would bet that every little town has a family thought to be rich behind the scenes. It can also be thought the opposite of people, too. An episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" aired back in the 90's, a man died and left no hint of any family. He was elderly, retired, lived very simply in an efficiency apt, and walked everywhere in his neighborhood. He knew most everybody from weekly, and sometimes daily contact. People were frequently buying him a can of coffee, or a quart of milk, or sending homemade soup with him. He was very kind and gracious, and everybody seemed to like him. When he died, and the SD started looking for next of kin, it was learned he had over $75,000.00 in the bank! They were finally able to find some cousins who hadn't heard from him in years.

We've had that happen the alternate way around here too. Unfortunately, I've never been one of the distant kin. :boohoo:

Does anyone else live near one of these mountain parkways? Or ever been on one of them? I've been on them, traveling through the Appalachian mountains, and foothills, since I was able to drive. The roads up in Appalachia are pretty quiet at night to begin with but when I've been on the parkways at night, it's just darn near desolate. I have paid extra for a particular brand of wireless service from the day I got my first cell phone, b/c the others just don't have the coverage, and even then, I often lose coverage within a fairly short distance from my home in some places. One of my kids had an accident one night, around 9 p.m., up in the mountains, (hit a deer), and they saw one car the entire time they waited for the LEO to get there for an accident report, and it took him well over an hour to get there.

You don't really realize how far from Peebles, and Piketon, that UHR is until you drive through there. I think I remember them asking for store surveillance, but unless they could pick out something really odd, from store surveillance, it will be like a needle in a haystack, b/c the Pike County Dogwood Festival started on the 21st so folks were probably in town for that who may not normally be in town. But if they knew anything about the area they'd have gone in through 32 and never been caught on cam most likely.

I just think W.S. Has all forums beat,hands down, and the influence this string has on me is undeniable..Having declared that
fact,,I stated before that I had read where the A.G. had declared that this killing required a year to be carried out. Well,,
TOSH granted me some slack and allowed to expand on that time line...It is difficult for me to keep the victims in this
Tradedgy in proper order as they appeared. The reason I am debating the year's activity on a time line is because I am
reading about the posts you are presenting concerning Hannah Rhoden's baby.Now,, I know most of you will die
Laughing at my logic,,but forget most other theorys and take a look at my thoughts..when you commented about an
older man being the father,, my mind went into high gear..I have had my radar on one person from day one...This person
looks to be a dedicated family man, altar boy, and the last person you would expect to commit adultry..He happens to
strike up a relationship with Hanna Rhoden and she is young enough to not see danger in their relationship..
The older man is on his way up in his career and the reality that he got a young girl pregnant would destroy his dream..
By 2015,, his dream came through and the lingering threat of being outed,,was too much to contemplate....My question,
would he kill the mother of his child..thanks,jmo

I could understand a crime of passion - overkill, like stabbing someone 100 times, etc. But these shootings are highly suggestive of being assassination; methodical, cold, and well-planned. Usually in crimes of passion an abundance is left behind by the killer; they're not thinking clearly. Whomever murdered the Rhodens (et al) did so almost as a matter of business...

I just think W.S. Has all forums beat,hands down, and the influence this string has on me is undeniable..Having declared that
fact,,I stated before that I had read where the A.G. had declared that this killing required a year to be carried out. Well,,
TOSH granted me some slack and allowed to expand on that time line...It is difficult for me to keep the victims in this
Tradedgy in proper order as they appeared. The reason I am debating the year's activity on a time line is because I am
reading about the posts you are presenting concerning Hannah Rhoden's baby.Now,, I know most of you will die
Laughing at my logic,,but forget most other theorys and take a look at my thoughts..when you commented about an
older man being the father,, my mind went into high gear..I have had my radar on one person from day one...This person
looks to be a dedicated family man, altar boy, and the last person you would expect to commit adultry..He happens to
strike up a relationship with Hanna Rhoden and she is young enough to not see danger in their relationship..
The older man is on his way up in his career and the reality that he got a young girl pregnant would destroy his dream..
By 2015,, his dream came through and the lingering threat of being outed,,was too much to contemplate....My question,

If the circumstances that you suggest were true, I'd see it more likely that she, alone, prior to delivery, would disappear off the face of the earth. It would be much easier to kill one person, and the hide the body/evidence, in those mountains, than take out seven other family members, and risk dying while taking them out as well. These were people who, I'm pretty sure, had firearms in the home, and most likely in the bedroom. I probably couldn't tell you very many people I know who don't have a firearm in their bedroom. So, even though they were successful, they took a great deal of personal risk going into each of these homes (imo).

Its REALLY hard when there's such a tight lid on things. I don't think I've EVER in my LIFE seen such lack of info on a case....and THIS case is HUGE!!

You know how much WE are hungry for info and how much time WE spend thinking of this crime? Can you imagine how hard it would be to live there and have to wonder if there are killers next to you in line at the grocery store?

I am (slightly) north of 50, have a full time job and a full plate on a daily basis. Yet EVERY day I spend at least 1 or 2 hours of my time with my mind on Rhodens. 8 brutal murders in one night in ANY city, let alone a small town.

Think of a small local LE team. IIRC there were only 13-14 deputies at the time it happened. EVERY member of local LE almost HAS to know almost every detail about the crime scene and the case, the rumors, etc.

There are NO leaks, NO new info, time passes. (I'm not local so maybe there IS a lot more public info than I'm aware of that people are talking about). Even seems like MSM has given up and moved on.

People are curious. But when this many are NOT talking....it makes me think either:

1. They already know
2. They're scared

IF they're scared, WHO they scared of?

Are they afraid of the good guys or the bad guys?

Just WHO ARE the GOOD guys and BAD guys in THIS case?

I'm not laughing at your logic. I love to read your posts.

Now, when you say "alter boy" is that literally, as in he was an alter boy when he was younger? Or, more of a figure of speech and that he is a respected member of his church and community?

Would he kill the mother of his child? I don't know who you are referring to so I don't know him, but people have killed for lesser "offenses".

Unfortunately, there has been more than one nut who takes out a wife and child, or girlfriend and child. Sometimes even extended family members. It is hard to tell if they are cruel, crazy, void of feelings for other people, messed up on drugs, or what! I don't think I have ever read where family members were taken out execution style or not, or if LE keeps that info swept under the rug.
I think about that sub human in Calif who killed his wife,MIL, and left with his three girls and slit their throats and one managed to survive. I saw the actual footage of him being picked up in Mexico and being led to the plane in handcuffs. When a reporter asked if he was sorry he killed his family, he said "not really". One of the cops on the plane said it was really hard to keep from opening the emergency exit and pushing him out on the trip back.

Its REALLY hard when there's such a tight lid on things. I don't think I've EVER in my LIFE seen such lack of info on a case....and THIS case is HUGE!!

You know how much WE are hungry for info and how much time WE spend thinking of this crime? Can you imagine how hard it would be to live there and have to wonder if there are killers next to you in line at the grocery store?

I am (slightly) north of 50, have a full time job and a full plate on a daily basis. Yet EVERY day I spend at least 1 or 2 hours of my time with my mind on Rhodens. 8 brutal murders in one night in ANY city, let alone a small town.

Think of a small local LE team. IIRC there were only 13-14 deputies at the time it happened. EVERY member of local LE almost HAS to know almost every detail about the crime scene and the case, the rumors, etc.

There are NO leaks, NO new info, time passes. (I'm not local so maybe there IS a lot more public info than I'm aware of that people are talking about). Even seems like MSM has given up and moved on.

People are curious. But when this many are NOT talking....it makes me think either:

1. They already know
2. They're scared

IF they're scared, WHO they scared of?

Are they afraid of the good guys or the bad guys?

Just WHO ARE the GOOD guys and BAD guys in THIS case?

I agree w/everything you said. I live in a small town about the size of Piketon, but Piketon has much more, in the way of businesses, than my little town. (We look more like Peebles. Not putting Peebles down, it's just kind of like a lot of little towns, like mine, it got stuck in a time warp. Time warps can be good sometimes.) This has wrapped me up like no other case, not even the O.J., Jon Benet, or Laci Peterson cases (and, oddly enough, a Jon Benet video clip just came on t.v.). I guess this just hits home for me in terms of the victims (knowing people similar to the Rhodens), the region, and having had family living so close to me, on the same road, and thinking, What if?. It's just struck me from day one, and I can't get it off of my mind. I've seen, and heard of, lots of crazy stuff, but this is just out there!

I still hold narcing as a strong possibility in this case. I think the Rhodens knew something huge and some may had even gone down because of it. I believe that is why GR was living with CR1. He was running from something or someone specific.

I also am not at all convinced JW or CG are the biological father of KR. I think we would know it by now. About 20 years ago, a VERY close member of my family went through the paternity testing through a court process. He knew within 2 weeks that they ruled him out by 99.99999999%. However, I'd be more inclined to believe that if this 3rd person was that worried about his career and reputation, he'd put an end to it much earlier on in the pregnancy. Why wait?

The family may have been divided but I don't see them being so divided that they'd take out 8 of their own. Whatever the reason these 8 people are now gone, I think it's because at least 1 person from each home knew the reason. I'm not necessarily believing BJM knows the reason. Just because she had been helping out with whatever, pot, dogs, kids, I think this is beyond what she may had been part of.

I still hold narcing as a strong possibility in this case. I think the Rhodens knew something huge and some may had even gone down because of it. I believe that is why GR was living with CR1. He was running from something or someone specific.

I also am not at all convinced JW or CG are the biological father of KR. I think we would know it by now. About 20 years ago, a VERY close member of my family went through the paternity testing through a court process. He knew within 2 weeks that they ruled him out by 99.99999999%. However, I'd be more inclined to believe that if this 3rd person was that worried about his career and reputation, he'd put an end to it much earlier on in the pregnancy. Why wait?

The family may have been divided but I don't see them being so divided that they'd take out 8 of their own. Whatever the reason these 8 people are now gone, I think it's because at least 1 person from each home knew the reason. I'm not necessarily believing BJM knows the reason. Just because she had been helping out with whatever, pot, dogs, kids, I think this is beyond what she may had been part of.

The only problem w/finding out who the father is, is that as of June, the ones who want to be the father, had not been given the materials to submit their DNA. Without the child's DNA, and the DNA sample kit from the court, (they have to take it to a collection agency here), they are at the court's mercy.

The only problem w/finding out who the father is, is that as of June, the ones who want to be the father, had not been given the materials to submit their DNA. Without the child's DNA, and the DNA sample kit from the court, (they have to take it to a collection agency here), they are at the court's mercy.

So it's possible they've not taken them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez