OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think W.S. Has all forums beat,hands down, and the influence this string has on me is undeniable..Having declared that
fact,,I stated before that I had read where the A.G. had declared that this killing required a year to be carried out. Well,,
TOSH granted me some slack and allowed to expand on that time line...It is difficult for me to keep the victims in this
Tradedgy in proper order as they appeared. The reason I am debating the year's activity on a time line is because I am
reading about the posts you are presenting concerning Hannah Rhoden's baby.Now,, I know most of you will die
Laughing at my logic,,but forget most other theorys and take a look at my thoughts..when you commented about an
older man being the father,, my mind went into high gear..I have had my radar on one person from day one...This person
looks to be a dedicated family man, altar boy, and the last person you would expect to commit adultry..He happens to
strike up a relationship with Hanna Rhoden and she is young enough to not see danger in their relationship..
The older man is on his way up in his career and the reality that he got a young girl pregnant would destroy his dream..
By 2015,, his dream came through and the lingering threat of being outed,,was too much to contemplate....My question,
would he kill the mother of his child..thanks,jmo

This is the best theory! I too have been thinking that it's an older man...perhaps even the minister? I've had personal experience with diagnosed sociopaths....especially the covert ones... and they literally feel only 2 emotions, anger and jealousy. The murderer is definitely a psychopath and acting as 'normal' as he usually does.

I could understand a crime of passion - overkill, like stabbing someone 100 times, etc. But these shootings are highly suggestive of being assassination; methodical, cold, and well-planned. Usually in crimes of passion an abundance is left behind by the killer; they're not thinking clearly. Whomever murdered the Rhodens (et al) did so almost as a matter of business...

I agree. I think it was doing what it took to make absolutely certain they were dead, not crime of passion overkill...

I just think W.S. Has all forums beat,hands down, and the influence this string has on me is undeniable..Having declared that
fact,,I stated before that I had read where the A.G. had declared that this killing required a year to be carried out. Well,,
TOSH granted me some slack and allowed to expand on that time line...It is difficult for me to keep the victims in this
Tradedgy in proper order as they appeared. The reason I am debating the year's activity on a time line is because I am
reading about the posts you are presenting concerning Hannah Rhoden's baby.Now,, I know most of you will die
Laughing at my logic,,but forget most other theorys and take a look at my thoughts..when you commented about an
older man being the father,, my mind went into high gear..I have had my radar on one person from day one...This person
looks to be a dedicated family man, altar boy, and the last person you would expect to commit adultry..He happens to
strike up a relationship with Hanna Rhoden and she is young enough to not see danger in their relationship..
The older man is on his way up in his career and the reality that he got a young girl pregnant would destroy his dream..
By 2015,, his dream came through and the lingering threat of being outed,,was too much to contemplate....My question,
would he kill the mother of his child..thanks,jmo

RBBM.

Hi Ray. Did you read the bolded part anywhere other than on this forum? That's the only place I've seen it and the original poster was unable to provide a link.

Jax..I am unable to supply a link to the bold letters.Just scrap the posts.a poster wrote that the state.ment was make
on U-tube somewhere, but that is hearsay. Forgive me.

Jax..I am unable to supply a link to the bold letters.Just scrap the posts.a poster wrote that the state.ment was make
on U-tube somewhere, but that is hearsay. Forgive me.

No need to apologize. I just didn't want it accepted as fact (that the AG said it was in the works for a year).
The original poster went in search of the video but apparently couldn't find it. I believe I've listened to every statement published that the AG made about this case and I certainly don't remember such a statement.

For some reason, and I am not sure, I thought I heard about the planning time. Maybe we discussed it in a previous thread, and that's why it rings a bell. And yes, it was said AG Mike said it. But I believe somebody could find a link if he said that. Sometimes my brain gets 21 threads jumbled up, since this case is never out of my head!

For some reason, and I am not sure, I thought I heard about the planning time. Maybe we discussed it in a previous thread, and that's why it rings a bell. And yes, it was said AG Mike said it. But I believe somebody could find a link if he said that. Sometimes my brain gets 21 threads jumbled up, since this case is never out of my head!

All I can find is where a poster said they thought they remembered the AG saying that, post #577 of this thread. When asked for a link they went searching and haven't returned with one.
If it was discussed in an earlier thread I missed it (totally possible). Just seems it is the kind of statement we would all have glommed onto. That said, I'd love to be wrong--it would be great to know, but all I've seen LE/AG say is it was "planned".

There's been talk lately about Hanna seeing an older man. I really don't see it, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility. I was, and still am, a person who has never been attracted to somebody in my parents age range. There are plenty of older men I consider nice looking, but that's as far as the attraction goes. Being friends is fine for me!

P.S. I hope both of the prospective father's of K have hired a lawyer to get this show on the road. She should be with her family, not just some nice people taking care of her!

All I can find is where a poster said they thought they remembered the AG saying that, post #577 of this thread. When asked for a link they went searching and haven't returned with one.
If it was discussed in an earlier thread I missed it (totally possible). Just seems it is the kind of statement we would all have glommed onto. That said, I'd love to be wrong--it would be great to know, but all I've seen LE/AG say is it was "planned".

I'm still looking around for it. I could swear it was in an early video interview that he believed the killer(s) spent about a year planning this. Like, "I believe this had been about a year in the planning" kind of statement. It stuck with me because of the pregnancy. I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to find it.

Don't go too crazy! Might look at YouTube. Could be easier to find there. They have a great compilation of Pike co murder videos.

Does anyone else live near one of these mountain parkways? Or ever been on one of them? I've been on them, traveling through the Appalachian mountains, and foothills, since I was able to drive. The roads up in Appalachia are pretty quiet at night to begin with but when I've been on the parkways at night, it's just darn near desolate. I have paid extra for a particular brand of wireless service from the day I got my first cell phone, b/c the others just don't have the coverage, and even then, I often lose coverage within a fairly short distance from my home in some places. One of my kids had an accident one night, around 9 p.m., up in the mountains, (hit a deer), and they saw one car the entire time they waited for the LEO to get there for an accident report, and it took him well over an hour to get there.

You don't really realize how far from Peebles, and Piketon, that UHR is until you drive through there. I think I remember them asking for store surveillance, but unless they could pick out something really odd, from store surveillance, it will be like a needle in a haystack, b/c the Pike County Dogwood Festival started on the 21st so folks were probably in town for that who may not normally be in town. But if they knew anything about the area they'd have gone in through 32 and never been caught on cam most likely.

I have lived and do live in a rural place, not as quiet and remote as the Rhoden's. The AA hwy is like that at night also, can't get phone service on it until you top a hill and if you have the right phone service provider. All you see at night is a couple of car's and trucks, and the further you go, the less of them. I used to live in Seaman, so I am familar with 32 also. My ex was born and rasied over there and knew all the back roads all the way to Charden. Been through Rarden, Ottway, lucasville,etc, when we rode the bike. Beautiful country roads, during the day. But at night, not much traffic at all.

There's been talk lately about Hanna seeing an older man. I really don't see it, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility. I was, and still am, a person who has never been attracted to somebody in my parents age range. There are plenty of older men I consider nice looking, but that's as far as the attraction goes. Being friends is fine for me!

P.S. I hope both of the prospective father's of K have hired a lawyer to get this show on the road. She should be with her family, not just some nice people taking care of her!

You have to consider the family. Are the children better off with some nice people taking care of them or with a biological parent in a questionable environment? Trust CPS.

I have lived and do live in a rural place, not as quiet and remote as the Rhoden's. The AA hwy is like that at night also, can't get phone service on it until you top a hill and if you have the right phone service provider. All you see at night is a couple of car's and trucks, and the further you go, the less of them. I used to live in Seaman, so I am familar with 32 also. My ex was born and rasied over there and knew all the back roads all the way to Charden. Been through Rarden, Ottway, lucasville,etc, when we rode the bike. Beautiful country roads, during the day. But at night, not much traffic at all.

Then you know what I mean by UHR being farther from these little towns than it seems. Not so much as in distance (which Peebles is closest to UHR) but it's just a long way with nothing in between really.

Another thing I'd kind of wondered about, which has nothing to do with the highway really, is how close all of the homes were to the lines, of three counties. Peebles is in Adams Co., Rarden is in Scioto County, Piketon is in Pike County. I've noticed that two of the UHR addresses are actually located in Peebles, and one in Piketon, and one in Rarden, and the Left Fork address is in Rarden. They probably are, but hadn't heard if the other counties are assisting, and pooling resources. We only ever hear from the AG, and Sheriff Reader.

You have to consider the family. Are the children better off with some nice people taking care of them or with a biological parent in a questionable environment? Trust CPS.
Being a nurse for the past 18 years, and I am a mandatory reporter. I for the most part have no use for them. Seems to just be another avenue to hurt good people. You made me mad, you won't do whatever, I will just report you for child abuse or neglect! I'll show you! Then they screw around with decent people who love their kids and don't mistreat them, sometimes for months, scaring them to death for no reason. But as a mandatory reporter, and you spend 38 minutes on the phone reporting uncalled for treatment and abuse that you have witnessed, and when you get thru talking, then the witch on the other end of the phone asks you what you want her to do, you're supposed to TRUST them??? NEVER!

Being a nurse for the past 18 years, and I am a mandatory reporter. I for the most part have no use for them. Seems to just be another avenue to hurt good people. You made me mad, you won't do whatever, I will just report you for child abuse or neglect! I'll show you! Then they screw around with decent people who love their kids and don't mistreat them, sometimes for months, scaring them to death for no reason. But as a mandatory reporter, and you spend 38 minutes on the phone reporting uncalled for treatment and abuse that you have witnessed, and when you get thru talking, then the witch on the other end of the phone asks you what you want her to do, you're supposed to TRUST them??? NEVER!

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound harsh, but that is not what I have witnessed in the instances I've been privy to. I've friends who've been foster parents and have adopted foster children, and continued to care for others, while they are waiting to see if their parents want them enough to straighten up. I've seen children with cigarette burns on their little arms, neglected to the point it affected their physical development, one refused to speak after witnessing the murder of a parent by a parent, another suffered years of sexual abuse by a father and was then shunned by her entire paternal family when she finally told a teacher (and her maternal side were all either addicts or had no clue how to deal with her emotional needs). I do know that some people are called about out of spite and those people who make those calls should be ashamed of themselves, because it's hard enough for the children being taken out of their homes when there is abuse. Those kids do still love their parents. It's the only life they've known. They know no difference. You don't know what you are missing out on until you have something better. The sad fact is, there's a lot of children who suffer at the hands of their of own blood kin, but, thankfully, there are strangers who are willing to open their hearts and homes to those same children.

Right. The goal is always to reunite the children with the parents but only if that's in the child's best interest. I've seen a lot of kids saved from scary, dangerous situations thanks to CPS, social workers, and foster families.

I understand that all too often, people need to make an intervention. But not all the time. I had them called on me because my neighbor got mad at me. Some told them that we locked our gate to keep my two year old in the yard and locked him out of the house. And 99% of the reason she did that was because she hated my ex. So I had to put up with surprise visits from them for three months. I have a druggy SIL who got mad at her daughter and called them on her. Absolutely no reason. She would call them about anybody she got mad at. My DIL's mom called for an ambulance for her because she was having trouble walking her up. She had forgotten that the doc had given her a new medication and it turned out to be too strong for her. But the hospital called them and told them she had OD'd. So they placed my grandson with an aunt next door who was mentally challenged for three days before we got that straightened out.
So when you constantly see things like that happen, and see families get turned in who could use some help and don't get it, and the kids remain in a mess it's really hard to have any faith in a system you have seen fail the needy and harass people who are good to their kids, naturally you have a hard time trusting them.
I am glad there are good people to help out when it's needed, but who's to say what's best when two babies have family to take care of them and haven't even been given a chance to prove they can be a good parent?

I know someone who was investigated by CPS for child abuse based on someone on Facebook saying the kids looked malnourished. The pediatrician sent CPS a letter stating that the kids were being seen by them regularly and everything is fine. CPS even went to the school and interviewed the kids asking if their mom cooked food for them. The kids were scared out of their wits. It was finally dropped...

CPS has to check up on these things b/c of the fact that there are people who do horrible, crazy, outlandish, cruel, things to their kids. There was a case a couple of weeks ago where three kids were found locked in a room, with black plastic on the windows, with the room filled with trash and feces. One child had gained 15 ounces, "ounces", since his last doctor visit, which was one year prior. Thankfully a neighbor became concerned and called about the children. They were all under school so no one to miss them at school. This is not a case of the family just being poor and can't afford nice clothing or the best of the best. I don't think that matters as long as they love their children and feed them and don't beat the &*^% out of them. This was horrible abuse. They had a piece of twine on the outside of the door and they'd use it to lock the kids into that back room of the trailer. The trailer will most likely have to be hauled off for junk.

There was another where the guy was giving his dogs meth!! They got a call about dogs acting weird out in that yard. They found a two year old in the trailer w/ a meth head. (Oh and he was a sex offender.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila