OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a reminder. 4 childrens lost their parents. 2 of them are not with their family. Family members can't talk to each other about the children. The two have custody requests from Manley and Gilley families.

After hearing Charlie and his G'Pa talk about the baby, I just got the feeling he was really hopeful she was his. I didn't get any hint of strained relationship there, except maybe Charlie was disappointed things didn't work out between him and Hanna. I have a SIL with five kids, and two of them had questionable paternity. She got her feelings hurt because every time she wanted to talk to one person about the oldest son, the only phone number she had was his mom's, and that lady made certain she never got to contact her son. And when the youngest son was born, the story ended up much different because she could actually get in touch with that dad. She carried promiscuous to a whole new level! So she had nobody to blame but herself.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

Here is extract of article :

"It kills me every day that I can't see her. That she's with complete strangers. I can't stand the thought of it.
"I just can't wait to hold her," he said. "I know she's mine."
He had wildly mixed emotions at the thought of being a father back then.
"It was scary. I was nervous,'' he said.
Hanna Rhoden and he "went our separate ways but I told her I'd be there for her."
In late September or early October, she sent him an ultrasound image of Kylie as a fetus.
That image remains his Facebook cover photo.
Gilley is so confident that he is Kylie's dad that he and an older sister, Meranda Gilley, have rented a four-bedroom house. They have painted it and fixed it up in hopes they will bring Kylie home one day soon along with Ruger Rhoden, he said.

The person(s) who did it knew the homes and the routines of the family. It was probably done by people who went from love to hatred.
Are the perps acting emotionally detached or heartbroken today? Honestly I don't know. They could be well heartbroken for what they've done. In contrast, I don't believe someone who did not care, could put so much energy in the crime.
In any case, he is not named as a POI so I can't say much more, unless he talks to media. But he has become very quiet.

There's a very fine line between love and hate, but I don't see either of those two as hating an entire family enough to kill them. A male, killing only the female and his competitor, in a fit of jealous rage, yes, but an entire family, I'm just not seeing it, but, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Just as a reminder. 4 childrens lost their parents. 2 of them are not with their family. Family members can't talk to each other about the children. The two have custody requests from Manley and Gilley families.

I see that as more of a possibility that someone else in the family, or someone with whom someone in the family may be associating with, is under suspicion. LE has not seemed overly concerned at all about HR's oldest child (nor FR's eldest for that matter). I could be wrong (It's been known to happen.). I do know that CPS, at least here, will work w/LE, in delaying matters, if LE gives them good reason. As of June 4th, they'd not even done the simplest of things, and that's given the two, of the three, prospective fathers who want to do the DNA test, the necessary materials for the DNA test to be completed. I'd think they can't stall them like this forever. I honestly would be more suspicious of the person who is avoiding coming forward for the dna test.

I think that whoever could possibly be K's father, and I use that term loosely-not only will never come forward, probably headed for the hills, literally when he found out Hanna was pregnant.

P.S. I feel like Charlie or Jake will turn out to be the dad. :coffeews::cat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

I think that whoever could possibly be K's father, and I use that term loosely-not only will never come forward, probably headed for the hills, literally when he found out Hanna was pregnant.

No, I don't want to break TOS, and if this does, I apologize in advance, but it's been stated from the beginning that the fella is local, and is someone that it would normally be pretty out of line, for lack of a better way of putting it, for him to be a potential father. In other words, possibly much older, and/or very close to the family. This person is known to other living family.

No, I don't want to break TOS, and if this does, I apologize in advance, but it's been stated from the beginning that the fella is local, and is someone that it would normally be pretty out of line, for lack of a better way of putting it, for him to be a potential father. In other words, possibly much older, and/or very close to the family. This person is known to other living family.
I'm sure Hanna talked to at least one or two family members about that when she found out she was pregnant. It would probably be a big embarrassment to somebody quite a bit older than her, family friend or not. And scare the pants off somebody, say 16 or 17. If it turns out to be the latter, I can see that person not wanting any part of being a parent, and certainly not the only parent, as it stands now.

I'm sure Hanna talked to at least one or two family members about that when she found out she was pregnant. It would probably be a big embarrassment to somebody quite a bit older than her, family friend or not. And scare the pants off somebody, say 16 or 17. If it turns out to be the latter, I can see that person not wanting any part of being a parent, and certainly not the only parent, as it stands now.

I don't think it's someone in her age range, or just a family friend. I think they're looking at someone that could have been looking at a visit from a very angry father (and/or LE) if they ended being the father. I'm guessing they're still scared, as it stands.

JMO
My theory that I am still sticking with is related to the bust at the post office of the MJ.

I think there is ties to a major out-of-state supplier of MJ and other drugs and when that MJ got intercepted at the post office I think the suppliers found out that someone in that family was working as an informant with LE because of the bust. I think the suppliers were afraid that the informant would end up getting them identified and busted too so I think they took out the informant and everyone else he was associated with. I think there were 2 hitmen and one of them was someone who knew all the family connections and had been in those homes before and that person was hired or forced to help the day of the murders. That other person may have been from a close by state or even in that state. The other hitman I think was further away and thinking California because of some news articles I had read. Just a guess on that though.

I think someone from out of state came in with the mission and the local person assisted them during the operation to take the informant and all his family connections out. The motive was soley to reduce anybody that could jeapordize their major operations and I think they are a major supplier along the lines of cartel or large gang type supplier.

I agree. This became my primary theory two to three weeks after the crime was committed, and it hasn't wavered since. I don't necessarily believe a Mexican cartel or gang is the head of the operation, but it's possible. I'm leaning more towards a few big business types at the head of a major racketeering/money laundering/drug trafficking scheme. I think one of the head honchos recruited ChrisSr (who then got Frankie and Kenneth involved) to help with the grow op and the laundering of profits, thru cockfighting and the buying/selling/trading of used autos. Initially, ChrisSr probably didn't realize how big the operation was or how deeply he'd gotten involved in it. He may have wanted out at that point, knowing the level of danger his family could find themselves in. Or, he was cutting off a slice of the pie for himself and the men on top found out about it. Either way, I think he knew he was in danger. This would explain why he'd recently moved his ex-wife and son into a property next door. He may have confided in his brother about these troubles, which prompted his brother to come visit. The head of the operation knew ChrisSr's younger family members had intimate knowledge about the business and that made them a huge liability. So, they hired two or three men to take out anyone in the family who might pose a threat to their business and/or freedom. They didn't harm the children because they weren't viewed as a risk. The hired men were probably not local, and they immediately left town.

But that's just my personal theory, based on the family's involvement with numerous ventures that are typically seen with money laundering schemes (cash based businesses, like used auto sales and excavation, drugs, cockfighting). Also, this crime was way too clean to be personal. It was strictly business, as it was thoroughly planned and executed with great detail. There's absolutely no way a group of teenagers could pull that off, and the Cartel would not have spared the children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. This became my primary theory two to three weeks after the crime was committed, and it hasn't wavered since. I don't necessarily believe a Mexican cartel or gang is the head of the operation, but it's possible. I'm leaning more towards a few big business types at the head of a major racketeering/money laundering/drug trafficking scheme. I think one of the head honchos recruited ChrisSr (who then got Frankie and Kenneth involved) to help with the grow op and the laundering of profits, thru cockfighting and the buying/selling/trading of used autos. Initially, ChrisSr probably didn't realize how big the operation was or how deeply he'd gotten involved in it. He may have wanted out at that point, knowing the level of danger his family could find themselves in. Or, he was cutting off a slice of the pie for himself and the men on top found out about it. Either way, I think he knew he was in danger. This would explain why he'd recently moved his ex-wife and son into a property next door. He may have confided in his brother about these troubles, which prompted his brother to come visit. The head of the operation knew ChrisSr's younger family members had intimate knowledge about the business and that made them a huge liability. So, they hired two or three men to take out anyone in the family who might pose a threat to their business and/or freedom. They didn't harm the children because they weren't viewed as a risk. The hired men were probably not local, and they immediately left town.

But that's just my personal theory, based on the family's involvement with numerous ventures that are typically seen with money laundering schemes (cash based businesses, like used auto sales and excavation, drugs, cockfighting). Also, this crime was way too clean to be personal. It was strictly business, as it was thoroughly planned and executed with great detail. There's absolutely no way a group of teenagers could pull that off, and the Cartel would not have spared the children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had about three pet theories since this started and I've been following this since day one. They change in order, according to the day, and my mood. One, is that one of them, did someone really, really, bad. I mean something unforgivable, and revenge was sought on the family. Another, is that they were narcing, and, either someone (along the lines of your theory, but not exactly) got wise, or someone in LE was mixed up in it, and they got wise, and figured they had to do what needed to be done or they'd go to prison. My only thoughts with this, is, that they left someone alive who was around it every day. Why take that chance? I do not know. I've toyed around w/other possibilities along the way but those two keep coming to the top. In the very beginning the AG said: "This was a pre-planned execution of 8 individuals. It was a sophisticated operation." Those who carried it out, did everything they could to try to hinder investigation." I agree, this was not something that teens could have done, and kept to themselves. Teens have a propensity to HAVE to share stuff. It's their downfall. At least one would have either let the cat out of the bag before they even did it, or within a day or two afterwards. There's a couple other scenarios that I could see this happening with, but folks just don't go around murdering eight people, in four different homes, especially four of them teenagers, over derby race fights, slapping a kid, bumping someone's car, etc...

I've had about three pet theories since this started and I've been following this since day one. They change in order, according to the day, and my mood. One, is that one of them, did someone really, really, bad. I mean something unforgivable, and revenge was sought on the family. Another, is that they were narcing, and, either someone (along the lines of your theory, but not exactly) got wise, or someone in LE was mixed up in it, and they got wise, and figured they had to do what needed to be done or they'd go to prison. My only thoughts with this, is, that they left someone alive who was around it every day. Why take that chance? I do not know. I've toyed around w/other possibilities along the way but those two keep coming to the top. In the very beginning the AG said: "This was a pre-planned execution of 8 individuals. It was a sophisticated operation." Those who carried it out, did everything they could to try to hinder investigation." I agree, this was not something that teens could have done, and kept to themselves. Teens have a propensity to HAVE to share stuff. It's their downfall. At least one would have either let the cat out of the bag before they even did it, or within a day or two afterwards. There's a couple other scenarios that I could see this happening with, but folks just don't go around murdering eight people, in four different homes, especially four of them teenagers, over derby race fights, slapping a kid, bumping someone's car, etc...
I don't believe that anybody in the Rhoden family was working alongside the police as an informant, and somehow that leaked out and the wrong people found out. Back in the 80's and 90's when my SIL was doing that, she always met with one cop, and never in the same place twice. The first time in a town of about 21,000, and the second time in a town of about 13,000. With Pike county primarily being rural, there has to be dozens of places to meet with somebody for 15-30mins and never have to worry about somebody driving by. So in my book, that scenario isn't a possibility.
Some are bringing up an older man in the mix with Hanna. Even if that turned out to be true, I really can't see Chris as beating somebody to a pulp over Hanna's promiscuity. She was 18 when she got pregnant, so it's really not anybody's business who she slept with. That "older person", if he exists, wouldn't be so afraid of being confronted that he would kill eight people over the problem. As it stands, nobody knows the paternity of the baby, and if she was the center of conflict, she would also have been killed.

Tell me more if you can. I missed that part. An older man? I will check my rolodex. LoL

I agree with your theory, EXCEPT for the part about moving DR and kids close. If he wanted to protect them better to not have them close.

P.S. I feel like Charlie or Jake will turn out to be the dad. :coffeews::cat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

I'm hoping it's JW, too, as long as he had no involvement in these murders. Let me be clear, I don't think he did, but I don't know much about any of the young men. I'd like to see the girls raised together in a healthy, stable environment no matter who the father is.

Tell me more if you can. I missed that part. An older man? I will check my rolodex. LoL
RSD1200, posts #626 & 628, were what I was referring to! My thoughts are not leaning toward an older man, but a younger teen, maybe 16 or 17. But, as I stated earlier, I think the baby will belong to Jake or Charlie.

BBM... eew.. i hope he's not that much older. I don't recall reading that. Those poor little ones. I seriously hope they end up being raised in a stable environment. As if it's not going to be difficult enough for them to grow up and learn that their immediate family was murdered.

RSD1200, posts #626 & 628, were what I was referring to! My thoughts are not leaning toward an older man, but a younger teen, maybe 16 or 17. But, as I stated earlier, I think the baby will belong to Jake or Charlie.

OK. I still want to know about RSD's older man.

For the case itself, I don't think it really matters who the real father is. imo, what's important is the perception and reaction of men who dated her. Whatever they thought.

However it does matter for her future. But it's another question.

LOL! I need to start keeping a rolodex on these cases. I can't possibly read every single post.

I agree, this was not something that teens could have done, and kept to themselves. Teens have a propensity to HAVE to share stuff. It's their downfall. At least one would have either let the cat out of the bag before they even did it, or within a day or two afterwards. There's a couple other scenarios that I could see this happening with, but folks just don't go around murdering eight people, in four different homes, especially four of them teenagers, over derby race fights, slapping a kid, bumping someone's car, etc...

Teen is until nineteen. At what age or under which condition it starts to make sense?
21, 25 or more ?

As for derby disputes and car bumping as not being motives, I agree with you. Though, it doesn't mean that the offender and victims were not practicing derby together.

I don't believe that anybody in the Rhoden family was working alongside the police as an informant, and somehow that leaked out and the wrong people found out. Back in the 80's and 90's when my SIL was doing that, she always met with one cop, and never in the same place twice. The first time in a town of about 21,000, and the second time in a town of about 13,000. With Pike county primarily being rural, there has to be dozens of places to meet with somebody for 15-30mins and never have to worry about somebody driving by. So in my book, that scenario isn't a possibility.
Some are bringing up an older man in the mix with Hanna. Even if that turned out to be true, I really can't see Chris as beating somebody to a pulp over Hanna's promiscuity. She was 18 when she got pregnant, so it's really not anybody's business who she slept with. That "older person", if he exists, wouldn't be so afraid of being confronted that he would kill eight people over the problem. As it stands, nobody knows the paternity of the baby, and if she was the center of conflict, she would also have been killed.

As for the police informant, all it takes is for one person to find out, in the community, that you dropped a dime on someone, and your name is going to fly around the circles. There's more than a couple folks around here, who did it, to get out of some stuff, and their names are Mud. They wore a wire and went in on folks, and yes, they did get outed. So no matter how quiet it is, it does get around, and they are hated for it. As far as LE, they've had a history of dirty LE, and who better to know who's narcing than LE? So, if a dirty LE heard it through the grapevine that the Rhodens were narcing, and one or more of them thought they'd be outed, I don't see it as far fetched.

If the older man were a family member I'm sure that they'd be pretty heated. I would be. I never said this person killed that entire family over it, however, that may be one of the reasons why some of the proceedings are being kept confidential, and he could well be a person under suspicion too. They've not eliminated all of the family from suspicion, as of Aug. 13th, per the family.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member