OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but unless it was one of my kids, or my own parents, "just me" wouldn't have cut it. I may be different than folks ya'll know, but extended family and friends never just run in and out of our homes all hours of the day and night. I'd be on the defensive if it were someone other than someone who actually lived with me, who called back "just me". People are funny. They don't take kindly to folks creeping into their homes at night, no matter who they are. I might have crept in and out of my own home, and it could've gotten me shot looking back as an older adult, but I'd never think to just go strollin' into some other family member's home. My Momma would've jerked a knot in my tail. Maybe things were more free-wheelin' with the Rhodens but obviously HR's most current bf was not permitted to spend the night there, and that appeared to be CH. If so, he'd have been deceased.

It's very good remark you make: she delivered a child 4 days earlier and her boyfriend is not with her at that moment.

Her other child was with her father. But she could have been there too. A new born and a 2 years old are a lot to handle for a mother just turned 19. I would expect the man to be around.

What else do we know about this situation?

It's very good remark you make: she delivered a child 4 days earlier and her boyfriend is not with her at that moment.

Her other child was with her father. But she could have been there too. A new born and a 2 years old are a lot to handle for a mother just turned 19. I would expect the man to be around.

What else do we know about this situation?

Her FB states that they were in a relationship at the time. Her mother had asked her deceased friend for prayers right before the birth (I figured this was for prayers for help w/any commotion that might could happen at the hospital). I cannot remember for sure,, but I think someone mentioned she had a c-section, which takes a bit longer for recovery. With her Momma working and her brother in school, I'd think that the current bf would be there in the evening to help her. C-sections, or normal childbirth, isn't a picnic. My grandchild's mother went back to work, part time, about a week after the birth of the baby, but w/o maternity leave, you do what ya gotta do. But she had help from a husband at night, and from us, with helping with the older child. Having already had one child, HR was probably pretty comfortable w/caring for the baby but I'd still think that the b/f might be around at night. I'd think he would be around to help since they had maintained a relationship. Other than those thoughts, that's all I really know, but I do wonder if he'd stayed there in the past.

Her FB states that they were in a relationship at the time. Her mother had asked her deceased friend for prayers right before the birth (I figured this was for prayers for help w/any commotion that might could happen at the hospital). I cannot remember for sure,, but I think someone mentioned she had a c-section, which takes a bit longer for recovery. With her Momma working and her brother in school, I'd think that the current bf would be there in the evening to help her. C-sections, or normal childbirth, isn't a picnic. My grandchild's mother went back to work, part time, about a week after the birth of the baby, but w/o maternity leave, you do what ya gotta do. But she had help from a husband at night, and from us, with helping with the older child. Having already had one child, HR was probably pretty comfortable w/caring for the baby but I'd still think that the b/f might be around at night. I'd think he would be around to help since they had maintained a relationship. Other than those thoughts, that's all I really know, but I do wonder if he'd stayed there in the past.

I also believe someone was with her, DR even took on a double shift. I'm not claiming to know how DR felt, but if it was my daughter, I'd make sure she was with someone, not only CR2.

I've been meaning to ask you, how does the Pike County Dogwood Festival affect the area, are there a lot of people coming in from all around? Would there be an increase in traffic on UHR, or is it too far away from everything?

I also believe someone was with her, DR even took on a double shift. I'm not claiming to know how DR felt, but if it was my daughter, I'd make sure she was with someone, not only CR2.

I've been meaning to ask you, how does the Pike County Dogwood Festival affect the area, are there a lot of people coming in from all around? Would there be an increase in traffic on UHR, or is it too far away from everything?
Corey's work schedule may have been the reason he wasn't there. And I would almost bet that Hannah and BJ were checking in on her while Dana was working. Another plus to having family close by.

I am not actually from there. I live in the Appalachian Region, and traveled through the area recently, on a weekend ride. I did read that the festival's numbers were usually around 3,000-7,000 people. These little town festivals are usually fairly big draws. I had thought that GR may have come up for the festival, and to visit family, and just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't find anything on how long he'd been in town, or if he'd moved from Kentucky to Ohio.

BBM If someone else were with her besides CR2 then that person would be deceased right now. CR2 was old enough to help if he was needed. Her mother was a short distance away. This was her second child, she was knowledgeable on what to do. It's not that I felt she needed additional help, but if she and CH were still in a relationship, I just kind of figured he may have been around.

If LE knocked on your door in the middle of the night with a story that there was a report of suspicious activity in the area would you let LE in the house?

If LE knocked on your door in the middle of the night with a story that there was a report of suspicious activity in the area would you let LE in the house?

Honestly, I probably would if it was one of the LEOs I know. Good point, Traveller.

Honestly, I probably would if it was one of the LEOs I know. Good point, Traveller.
I had a young police officer knock on my door and wake me up at about 2:15a. I was aggravated, did not let him in the house, and was totally mad when he was looking for some girl whose last known address must have been mine. I answered his questions, and when he asked me if she had lived there, I told him I don't know, I don't know her, and I have lived here for four years! He finally thanked me, and I think I slammed the door when he started walking away.

I had a young police officer knock on my door and wake me up at about 2:15a. I was aggravated, did not let him in the house, and was totally mad when he was looking for some girl whose last known address must have been mine. I answered his questions, and when he asked me if she had lived there, I told him I don't know, I don't know her, and I have lived here for four years! He finally thanked me, and I think I slammed the door when he started walking away.

I would be mad too. I hate being awakened in the middle of the night, especially for something inane. And I don't let people in that I don't know - the German Shepherds don't allow it either - lol.
But I have a good friend who is in LE and my GSDs love him. And I would think nothing of letting him in my house at any hour of the day or night b/c he is practically family.

I had the opposite happen. LE couldn't find me even though I had lived the same place with the same phone number for eighteen years. They show up with a warrant for failure to appear when they never served me the paperwork to appear because they couldn't find me...

I had the opposite happen. LE couldn't find me even though I had lived the same place with the same phone number for eighteen years. They show up with a warrant for failure to appear when they never served me the paperwork to appear because they couldn't find me...
THAT would be awful! It's so stupid when people don't look in the phone book or check with the post office to obtain simple info!

THAT would be awful! It's so stupid when people don't look in the phone book or check with the post office to obtain simple info!

Of course this happened on a weekend with no posting bond possible. The judged laughed about it and released me on an OR bond. I had to find my own way home.

No. My husband might. Although, I do take Ambien to sleep, so who knows what I would do... If I have my wits about me, I would call 911 and have them verify that there is an officer at my door.

Well, I checked today, hoping for a new article connected to this case. No such luck! I don't dare think that there would be an update anymore, maybe when donkeys fly!

The point is you OPENED the door. That's all it takes.

I'll open it with my .40 behind my back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know most of my county LE and, no, I would not. I would, and have, stepped out onto the porch to talk to them. The only way I'd just let them in is if they had a warrant. That's just me. I'm not the trusting type though.

I am looking for a ploy that could be used to get people to open a door.

1. "Ma'am, I believe someone was just spotted going in your back window."

2. We believe we see smoke coming from the corner of you roof

3. Your son/daughter has been involved in an accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads