OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the safe was actually a gun safe. They are very large and heavy. Could have held guns, ammo, money and pills or heroin. Not a safe that killers could easily remove.
What if it was a locked gun cabinet, and the glass doors were broken, and all guns were stolen? Unless Chris had homeowners insurance and had serial #'s registered with the company, there might not be a way to track them.

That, or could it be something more, that would make the family unsympathetic to the community. I've read comments on some articles and some are very unkind already. If it makes them more unsympathetic to the community, it can make the investigation more difficult. Kind of like hillbilly justice. They got what they deserved. No one's going to bother my family b/c it was just between them and their killers. (Not my personal view, but, I've seen folks advocate taking the law into their own hands re; local heroin dealers.)
My guess is that Reader is trying to protect the Rhodens' reputation, hoping to spare the survivors more pain or embarrassment. Might be something completely unrelated to the crime. But I'm just guessing.

My guess is that Reader is trying to protect the Rhodens' reputation, hoping to spare the survivors more pain or embarrassment. Might be something completely unrelated to the crime. But I'm just guessing.

BBM
Related or unrelated, I think you're right, and to also try and keep the victims in a more sympathetic light. However, w/his own statement he's kinda failed at both, b/c now, folk's imaginations will run wild.

BBM
Related or unrelated, I think you're right, and to also try and keep the victims in a more sympathetic light. However, w/his own statement he's kinda failed at both, b/c now, folk's imaginations will run wild.

Excellent observation.

IF the motive was robbery, it doesn't necessarily need to be money. What else could they have hidden that someone might want? Pictures? Notes? Videos? Makes me wonder.

In my heart of hearts, I don't believe it was robbery. But there are a LOT of items/situations that could motivate a person/persons to kill over.

I have a feeling Oxycontin was involved.

---

What do yall make of this article?

DeWine Provides Update on the Rhoden Family Murders

Attorney General Mike DeWine says his team is getting leads as it investigates the execution-style murders. And he is appealing to people who he says know more about the crime.
“You can call it a warning. You can call it stating the facts. But if I knew something about what happened in that murder, and I had not told police, now would be a really good time to come forward to do it.”
DeWine says he’s learned a lot about Pike County in this investigation. He says the state has the physical evidence it needs to prosecute the case and says it is being kept safe for future legal proceedings.
http://wksu.org/post/dewine-provides-update-rhoden-family-murders#stream/0

I have a feeling Oxycontin was involved.

---

What do yall make of this article?

DeWine Provides Update on the Rhoden Family Murders

Attorney General Mike DeWine says his team is getting leads as it investigates the execution-style murders. And he is appealing to people who he says know more about the crime.
“You can call it a warning. You can call it stating the facts. But if I knew something about what happened in that murder, and I had not told police, now would be a really good time to come forward to do it.”
DeWine says he’s learned a lot about Pike County in this investigation. He says the state has the physical evidence it needs to prosecute the case and says it is being kept safe for future legal proceedings.
http://wksu.org/post/dewine-provides-update-rhoden-family-murders#stream/0
So the state must know WHO, as they have enough to prosecute??!! I don't understand why the wait for people to come forward if so??

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

So the state must know WHO, as they have enough to prosecute??!! I don't understand why the wait for people to come forward if so??

Unless he's bluffing to try and get people to talk.

Unless he's bluffing to try and get people to talk.
That's a heck of a bluff. Would put his reelection on the line also. Can you just imagine how the perps would feel reading that?

That's a heck of a bluff. Would put his reelection on the line also. Can you just imagine how the perps would feel reading that?

Idk. Just seems like if they had enough evidence, they wouldn't have the need to ask the public for info. Jmo

Maybe the "who" has a false alibi JMO.

It sounds to me, like they may know who their suspects are, and they may know of people who might get arrested in the fallout, and if those folks want to save their hides,( and maybe negotiate for a lighter sentence re; due to whatever that fallout may be), then now would be the time for them to come forward and share any pertinent information with them. They want them to do this to make their case more solid. Every bit of info they can get, will better help them to put away the assailant(s).

It sounds to me, like they may know who their suspects are, and they may know of people who might get arrested in the fallout, and if those folks want to save their hides,( and maybe negotiate for a lighter sentence re; due to whatever that fallout may be), then now would be the time for them to come forward and share any pertinent information with them. They want them to do this to make their case more solid. Every bit of info they can get, will better help them to put away the assailant(s).

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe something will happen soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Exactly! It's called something, idk the technical term, when you withhold information. They probably know who did it and who has information about it!

A few questions if someone doesn't mind answering please:

1. Has it been confirmed that all the victims were in their beds?
2. Has it been announced if there was forced entry into any of the homes?
3. If there was not forced entry, does anyone believe the open windows were an entry point?
4. Were their cell phones missing?

Thanks so much.

A few questions if someone doesn't mind answering please:

1. Has it been confirmed that all the victims were in their beds?
2. Has it been announced if there was forced entry into any of the homes?
3. If there was not forced entry, does anyone believe the open windows were an entry point?
4. Were their cell phones missing?

Thanks so much.

Some victims were in their beds, some of the homes had forced entry, they've not mentioned anything about the windows nor have they mentioned anything about cell phones. The forced entry and being in their beds came out very early in the investigation. I dont think it's been mentioned since.

Some victims were in their beds, some of the homes had forced entry, they've not mentioned anything about the windows nor have they mentioned anything about cell phones. The forced entry and being in their beds came out very early in the investigation. I dont think it's been mentioned since.

Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member