OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would filed FOIA requests also be subject to other FOIA requests? For example, could you request a copy of the FOIA request that Fox 19 submitted?

Find out exactly what they requested, then file your own FOIA request for that exact same information. Then you would have the same information which contains whatever the Sheriff doesn't want the public to know.

Hopefully that makes sense to someone other than myself.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Would filed FOIA requests also be subject to other FOIA requests? For example, could you request a copy of the FOIA request that Fox 19 submitted?

Find out exactly what they requested, then file your own FOIA request for that exact same information. Then you would have the same information which contains whatever the Sheriff doesn't want the public to know.

Yeah well that's a good thought but I, for one, do not want my name out there for anyone to look at. I am sure you would have to fill out and sign some sort of a form to get it. Maybe include your address and phone number too.

I certainly wouldn't file as a private citizen, but the other news organizations that are interested could (I think).

I wonder if them getting word out there that the trailers may not be secure and that there is possibly something in one, was just to see if they could draw anyone out, see if someone would try and access them.

I keep thinking this is like a Hatfield and McCoy situation, many years of resentment, maybe even a very early promise that something that right fully should have went to others went to the Rhodens. I don't believe that the victims even realised that anyone had any ill feelings towards them,

BBM
If they did, I don't think they thought it was anything close to being dangerous. I feel that they'd have been sleeping w/one eye open if that was the case. I'd have been.

Torture chamber? *advertiser censored* room? Ondage room?

I wonder if it's either something that was very hidden (roof, walls, floor) or something directly related to the event of the murders. I mean, BJM would know good and well if there was any type of themed room, for lack of a better phrase, in that trailer. Wouldn't she? I mean, it's only so big.

I wonder if it's either something that was very hidden (roof, walls, floor) or something directly related to the event of the murders. I mean, BJM would know good and well if there was any type of themed room, for lack of a better phrase, in that trailer. Wouldn't she? I mean, it's only so big.

Unless the "room" was actually within a computer? Or, maybe it was locked. Seriously, I've known of at least two people who've been married, for a LONG time to fairly large drug dealers and they kept the goods in the house under lock and key , and the spouses had zero clue. They were just very naive. Very good Christian women who totally believed and trusted their men. I think BJM would have believed anything they told her. She seemed a bit more like Rhoden kin than Manley kin. If she did know some horrible secret though, she'd be dead too.

I live in a small town. There's only a couple things that I can think of that a sheriff might try and protect the family from having the entire community know about.

This article was linked earlier but I'm wondering if revisiting Kendra's statement will help us figure out what the "something" is.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ourtroom-battle-brewing-rhoden-case/90729690/

Kendra Rhoden, the daughter of Kenneth Rhoden, is the executor of her dad's estate. She, too, would like access to his camper and his personal things. But, she said her dad taught her to be patient and she's trying to be understanding of the process."It does kind of limit our grieving and yes it's odd. I have never heard of or seen where they took entire homes for such cases, a lot of people find it odd," she said. "But there is a reason for it, believe me there is ... it's for a very good reason that does make sense."
She declined to elaborate.

BBM

Well I'm guessing it's not an inside grow op, because we know they grew pot. And I feel real uncomfortable talking about bondage and the sort. And I don't think KR's daughter would feel comfortable with something like that either, you know about that making sense. What the heck could "it" be. I don't think it's a safe. What could you not take out of the homes. That a photo or video couldn't be used to show it?

Well I'm guessing it's not an inside grow op, because we know they grew pot. And I feel real uncomfortable talking about bondage and the sort. And I don't think KR's daughter would feel comfortable with something like that either, you know about that making sense. What the heck could "it" be. I don't think it's a safe. What could you not take out of the homes. That a photo or video couldn't be used to show it?

Whatever the something is, it's in CR's home, not KR. I personally do not believe it was anything like that either. I don't even want my mind to go there.

If it's even the same thing. She seemed rather okay about the whole trailer move, at least the way I read it. Like, to her the reason they took the trailers made perfect sense, and the reason was nothing to be excited about. On the other hand, Reader, when asked about CR1's specific trailer's inventory item, states pretty bluntly, that he didn't want the public knowing that s**t. It's just odd that Reader could think of it to that extreme, and KR's daughter to seemingly be okay about it coming out later. It's my guess that none of the family have seen inside the trailers other than ones who discovered the bodies, and then, only briefly. Idk, but I think they're talking about two different things.

I have felt very uneasy about the moving of those mobile homes from the get go. It seemed like an extremely unusual thing to do and it may very well prove to have been a poor decision, in hindsight. If, and when, they catch those who are responsible for these murders, any good defense attorney will have a field day during the discovery process. It won't matter how well they preserved evidence prior to moving the properties. Because if they planned to use the mobile homes themselves as some type of evidence (and there has to be something of value to the case still inside of them--otherwise, why would they still need to preserve them), they might as well forget it. There is no way that they can claim, under oath, that those properties were preserved and stored with such care that no one could have possibly tampered with the evidence.

I don't understand why anyone (aside from LE or the AG) is upset about the news maintaining transparency. Apparently, public attention needed to be brought to the situation in order for LE to secure those properties like they should have been secured all along. As for the argument that this information could potentially help the criminal case, I can assure you that even the most incompetent defense attorney could have (& would have) easily discovered this on their own. AFAIC, that news station did its job and is the only news outlet in that area who isn't afraid to report on something that might reflect poorly on local LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's even the same thing. She seemed rather okay about the whole trailer move, at least the way I read it. Like, to her the reason they took the trailers made perfect sense, and the reason was nothing to be excited about. On the other hand, Reader, when asked about CR1's specific trailer's inventory item, states pretty bluntly, that he didn't want the public knowing that s**t. It's just odd that Reader could think of it to that extreme, and KR's daughter to seemingly be okay about it coming out later. It's my guess that none of the family have seen inside the trailers other than ones who discovered the bodies, and then, only briefly. Idk, but I think they're talking about two different things.
Maybe the SD has been more forthright with Kendra. Possibly they see her as being more trustworthy and they can depend on her not talking about the content of the houses than other family members. That's just a guess, tho. She kinda gives me the impression she's a sweet, honest person hoping these murders will be solved and the family will be more at ease and the healing process might be a little easier.

I can't even comprehend what "it" is, but my mind is now stuck on one question. Why does Reader not need the public "knowing about that sh-t"?

He doesn't want the public knowing about it. Not the suspects, not the family, but the public. That leads me to believe it may be something embarrassing to LE or someone in a position of power in the community.

I'm wondering why Barr didn't release the info if it was made public through record requests. Perhaps as a future bargaining chip with Reader.

You'd think psychics would be calling them. They may have...

Recently in the Jacob Wetterling case, the parents revealed some recordings of some of the many ridiculous calls they got over the years from various psychics, including Sylvia Brown. I'm willing to bet they've gotten calls in the Rhoden case from all over the US.

I have felt very uneasy about the moving of those mobile homes from the get go. It seemed like an extremely unusual thing to do and it may very well prove to have been a poor decision, in hindsight. If, and when, they catch those who are responsible for these murders, any good defense attorney will have a field day during the discovery process. It won't matter how well they preserved evidence prior to moving the properties. Because if they planned to use the mobile homes themselves as some type of evidence (and there has to be something of value to the case still inside of them--otherwise, why would they still need to preserve them), they might as well forget it. There is no way that they can claim, under oath, that those properties were preserved and stored with such care that no one could have possibly tampered with the evidence.

I don't understand why anyone (aside from LE or the AG) is upset about the news maintaining transparency. Apparently, public attention needed to be brought to the situation in order for LE to secure those properties like they should have been secured all along. As for the argument that this information could potentially help the criminal case, I can assure you that even the most incompetent defense attorney could have (& would have) easily discovered this on their own. AFAIC, that news station did its job and is the only news outlet in that area who isn't afraid to report on something that might reflect poorly on local LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trailers were sealed. Unless they can prove that the seals have been broken I don't see that they really have a problem. I think this was more of a story to stir stuff up than anything else. Maybe to ultimately get better security or just increase clicks on their website and make that guy relevant again. You know, 15 minutes of fame type deal.

Maybe the SD has been more forthright with Kendra. Possibly they see her as being more trustworthy and they can depend on her not talking about the content of the houses than other family members. That's just a guess, tho. She kinda gives me the impression she's a sweet, honest person hoping these murders will be solved and the family will be more at ease and the healing process might be a little easier.

Possibly if it pertained to her father's camper, but, I'd not hedge my bets on the other campers. They may have told her something and she may believe it, but I don't think it's the same thing that Reader is talking about.

Edit: Kendra just graduated h.s. last year. She may be mature but she's still just a teen and giving a teen critical info in a murder investigation just doesn't seem likely to me.

I can't even comprehend what "it" is, but my mind is now stuck on one question. Why does Reader not need the public "knowing about that sh-t"?

He doesn't want the public knowing about it. Not the suspects, not the family, but the public. That leads me to believe it may be something embarrassing to LE or someone in a position of power in the community.

I'm wondering why Barr didn't release the info if it was made public through record requests. Perhaps as a future bargaining chip with Reader.

That, or could it be something more, that would make the family unsympathetic to the community. I've read comments on some articles and some are very unkind already. If it makes them more unsympathetic to the community, it can make the investigation more difficult. Kind of like hillbilly justice. They got what they deserved. No one's going to bother my family b/c it was just between them and their killers. (Not my personal view, but, I've seen folks advocate taking the law into their own hands re; local heroin dealers.)

What if the safe was actually a gun safe. They are very large and heavy. Could have held guns, ammo, money and pills or heroin. Not a safe that killers could easily remove.

Just had a thought...there was discussion a while back that several of the family members were employed by BBR and there was mention that there didn't seem to be enough work required. Has anyone thought about money laundering? Who owns BBR? and maybe I am out of line for mentioning this. If so, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove