OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought that perhaps KR might have been involved. That's why he was the only one shot once. Time will tell.

Reader is not saying that family was involved​ only that they might be obstructing in some way, probably by not being totally forthcoming with information.

That's my take on it as well. I think he's thinking that if the family and extended family and even friends are as close as they appear, they might know or suspect what happened and why. I have a feeling everyone that has given info thus far, they have ruled out. Maybe some things are not completely ruled out but LE needs more info about it. These folks are probably scared and with good reason.

I'm not picking that up. I thought he was referring to drug abuse, ie he was saying they weren't going to go after someone involved in minor drug abuse, etc.if they have information to share.

I can't imagine someone being able to convince several other people to plan and carry out a mass murder of 8 family members over a child custody dispute. IMO, that would be extremely unusual.

I don't want to disagree with you but she very well could have convinced her family or friends to get involved. It happens. One case from my state is a prime example. The Wendy Camp case where a family, in particular Beverly Noe and her mother and her son all were involved in killing Wendy Camp and her sister-in-law and 6 year old daughter over a custody case between Beverly's son and Wendy. Many others in that family knew about it including Beverly's other daughters and her brother, sister and numerous other family members. Even though Beverly and her mother were the actual killers, her son is the one who lured Wendy to his house by promising her she could visit with the little boy and Beverly's brother had a backhoe operator dig an eight foot hole on his mothers property to bury the victims in. Every single one of them knew. The little 6 year old was assumed to be the last one killed since her body was found on top of her mother and aunt. And in case you cannot find it in MSM I will tell you what Beverly Noe said when asked why they killed the little six year old. She said "That little girl was damaged goods." This case was recently solved. So yes it does happen.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Wendy_Camp,_Cynthia_Britto_&_Lisa_Kergear

Early on Dewine said it was sophisticated, execution style and that the rest of the family should arm themselves. He also said that he did not see a threat to the community.

I would think if this family had a bad reputation or were on police radar from previous doings the police would know who their friends were or who they hung out or around with. I don't think they were well known to LE. Jmo

I would think since Chelsie was an extended member of the family, that LE has investigated her seven ways from Sunday. If she was suspected, she would have already been hauled in for questioning.
I can't imagine somebody killing a child because she was "damaged goods". That whole bunch sounds crazy. Glad that case has been solved.

I would think since Chelsie was an extended member of the family, that LE has investigated her seven ways from Sunday. If she was suspected, she would have already been hauled in for questioning.
I can't imagine somebody killing a child because she was "damaged goods". That whole bunch sounds crazy. Glad that case has been solved.

We have no way of knowing whether she has been taken in for questioning or not.

BTW Beverly Noe and her whole family were investigated seven ways from Sunday. LE knew exactly who killed the three victims. They just didn't have any bodies and Beverly insisted she dropped the three off at a Walmart in Chandler. 21 years later a great nephew of Beverly's got picked up for a crime and was facing life in prison under the third strike law so he plead down to a lesser charge by telling them where the bodies were buried on the mother Ida Prewitt's property. And yes that whole family was more than a few bricks shy of a full load.

I don't want to disagree with you but she very well could have convinced her family or friends to get involved. It happens. One case from my state is a prime example. The Wendy Camp case where a family, in particular Beverly Noe and her mother and her son all were involved in killing Wendy Camp and her sister-in-law and 6 year old daughter over a custody case between Beverly's son and Wendy. Many others in that family knew about it including Beverly's other daughters and her brother, sister and numerous other family members. Even though Beverly and her mother were the actual killers, her son is the one who lured Wendy to his house by promising her she could visit with the little boy and Beverly's brother had a backhoe operator dig an eight foot hole on his mothers property to bury the victims in. Every single one of them knew. The little 6 year old was assumed to be the last one killed since her body was found on top of her mother and aunt. And in case you cannot find it in MSM I will tell you what Beverly Noe said when asked why they killed the little six year old. She said "That little girl was damaged goods." This case was recently solved. So yes it does happen.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Wendy_Camp,_Cynthia_Britto_&_Lisa_Kergear

that is very similar to one my top theories about this case

I've always thought that perhaps KR might have been involved. That's why he was the only one shot once. Time will tell.

Reader is not saying that family was involved​ only that they might be obstructing in some way, probably by not being totally forthcoming with information.

If someone was involved in the murder of my family, and I had information, I'd be forthcoming. I'd work out something with LE no matter, if I felt scared. I mean, honestly, if they had no part in it, other than being afraid to come forward, or they're doing something illegal (drugs is all I can come up with), then what other reason would they not talk to them? LE has kept this totally locked down, it's not like they're out there screaming out their lead's names. It is time to man, or woman, up for your family.

I just hope nobody comes forward with false info to deliberately hurt somebody. That constantly happened in my ex's family, and still does to a certain extent. Gets old fast! After Reader made his statement, maybe that won't happen.

Another interview with LM where he stresses whoever the killers werre knew the dogs well.

Manley added that "someone probably does" know something, pointing out that the family's dogs apparently didn't confront the killers.

"I mean, they wouldn't have gotten in there if they didn't know that dog," Manley said.

Click here: Are friends, family of Pike County victims obstructing investigation? - Story

Yes, yes, and yes, Raisin. This one fact should narrow down the list. IMO. You cannot keep a dog from barking when a stranger invades their territory, unless of course, the dogs were told it's ok (by their human or known visitor) when the stranger entered.

He's said that this is deeper than drugs.

One other thing that jumped out at me was the word "abuse" that Reader used. One poster on here mentioned that HR was posting or something about domestic violence during her relationship with CG. But the word abuse could cover a lot of territory as there is all kinds of abuse and many different abuse victims from human to animals.
I think we also touched on sexual abuse of children at one time on here also.
But I don't think Reader just threw that word in there for the heck of it. I think he meant it for a part of this case.

My interpretation of the word "abuse" as used in the stream is physical, domestic violence, emotional, maybe even sexual. Not drug abuse, but yes, drug trafficking as said specifically. It's just my perspective, but I'm guessing 'drug abuse' is probably just a given in those parts.

Point being, abuse = violence = crimes against people.

There's one neighbor I've been suspicious of from the beginning. I mentioned it in one of the earlier threads.

Yes, Reader made a point of referencing friends, family and neighbors. He must have done so for a reason. It could be any one or a combination of those who may have information about the killers.

I'm also thinking back to a remark Reader or DeWine made a few weeks ago when reaching out to the community. They said something to the effect that the killers had to have been familiar with the land behind/around the homes of the victims. I'll have to go back and see if I can find the quote.

ETA: Here it is

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/20/no-arrests-many-questions-6-months-after-8-killed-in-pike-county/

Attorney General Mike DeWine, overseeing the investigation along with the sheriff, will say only that the killers had to be familiar with land around the properties, as well as the properties themselves.

BBM

That whole article, including all the quotes from LE and locals is interesting.

Yes, yes, and yes, Raisin. This one fact should narrow down the list. IMO. You cannot keep a dog from barking when a stranger invades their territory, unless of course, the dogs were told it's ok (by their human or known visitor) when the stranger entered.

We don't know about the other dogs, but we do know about KR's dog. That was published in the paper about how DS had to restrain the dog, and how it acted, when LE arrived. That dog had to have known that person, unless that person had some amazing dog skills, especially since the dog was in it's territory/home. The other dogs may not have reacted the same, we don't know for certain, but KR's dog seemed to have really disliked strangers.

Yes, Reader made a point of referencing friends, family and neighbors. He must have done so for a reason. It could be any one or a combination of those who may have information about the killers.

I'm also thinking back to a remark Reader or DeWine made a few weeks ago when reaching out to the community. They said something to the effect that the killers had to have been familiar with the land behind/around the homes of the victims. I'll have to go back and see if I can find the quote.

ETA: Here it is

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/20/no-arrests-many-questions-6-months-after-8-killed-in-pike-county/

BBM

That whole article, including all the quotes from LE and locals is interesting.

That could just mean being familiar with the area roads. Hwy32 being so vacant, no traffic, no lights, few houses/stores, there's a rest area about 3 miles or so from the cut off to UHR exit, but it's off the road and pretty vacant too. It's nothing but mountainous terrain and just few homes or businesses on 32 in that area. They could come off of 32, to UHR, to Left Fork, turn right around and go back out up to UHR to 32. They could have went out through Rarden to 32 if they didn't want to back track. No one would see them and if they did, they'd not make the car on those roads w/o any light sources.

When Charlie says local, I take that to mean Pike County, not necessarily meaning one specific town. But, there are actually two other counties involved, Scioto, and the county Kenny lived in, sorry, cannot think of the name. That being said, "local" could be three counties, which I'm thinking would cover a lot of territory.

When Charlie says local, I take that to mean Pike County, not necessarily meaning one specific town. But, there are actually two other counties involved, Scioto, and the county Kenny lived in, sorry, cannot think of the name. That being said, "local" could be three counties, which I'm thinking would cover a lot of territory.
Adams County I believe. The three counties are tangled up, especially on UHR. One side twists into one county and the other another county.

DR's address is in Adams.
CR1 Trailer address is in Pike
FR & HG Trailer address is in Pike
KR's address is in Scioto

I was just pondering another route. They could have come in from 23. I'd guess that Hwy 23 is not highly traveled in the late night/early hours of the morning. Or they may just live down the road a little piece from the families and not have to travel far at all.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Possible routes.bmp.jpg
    Possible routes.bmp.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 246
For those who may not have seen this video, I thought I'd share the link....(It is from WCPO news station)

[video=youtube;k5MsW2LlyIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MsW2LlyIg[/video]

I was just pondering another route. They could have come in from 23. I'd guess that Hwy 23 is not highly traveled in the late night/early hours of the morning. Or they may just live down the road a little piece from the families and not have to travel far at all.

attachment.php

I studied that route last summer when everyone was discussing a possible connection to KY. It probably doesn't have a lot of traffic, especially late night/early morning. Would any driver in a car with GPS be able to find their way along these roads, even if they weren't familiar with the area?

If I was up to no good, the last road I would want to get on would be US Route 23. ST RT 772 (depending on which way they were traveling), to me would be preferred if trying to avoid LE. And 772 is just right there off Union Hill. It would be the road where you would have the best chance of not getting pulled over. 32 is a good distance from 23, but I don't think it is traveled by LE much. One could take 32 over to 104, that route also runs north and south with little chance of LE.
The reason I say 23 would be most unlikely, like most roads yes traffic is thinner at night, but steadier than 32. 23 is also VERY well patrolled by Ohio State Highway Patrol. It is nothing .. SERIOUSLY nothing, to be driving on 23 at any hour, and see a vehicle pulled over being searched for drugs. You can google the Route 23 Drug Task Force, will give you a feel for why I think this way.
And yes, I live close enough, I know these roads like the back of my hand. Been here all my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove