OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well alrighty then. Hmmm.

Drug trafficking? Abuse? Hmm.

Family? Friends?

I think we have covered all that on here except the neighbors. Never thought of them but they would have access and know the property.

This makes me lean even more toward personal revenge, hillbilly justice, or a big ole hate filled, eff u to this family.

"We are not investigating anyone for criminal activity that they feel may incriminate themselves in speaking with them in an effort to solve eight murders. We are not interested in any other criminal activity of those with information in regard to the murder investigation. We are trying to find killers," said Reader.

"Come forward, be truthful, or we will be coming to arrest and charge anyone who is obstructing any officials investigating this horrific crime, including family, friends, and neighbors of the victims, if necessary. We can prove that some have lied or misled investigators.

http://m.newswatchman.com/spotlight/article_5e9a1390-2fe6-50b8-ae2e-ba251d5b58f8.html?mode=jqm

I know that family involvement is not popular on here, but then again you have all those coincidences. Now it seems that Sheriff Reader is being very specific in naming family as being involved in some way.

Thank you. It's a little intimidating to ask you guys questions cause I haven't followed so closely, but KR situation seems the odd man out and so I've kinda started there. I read it as though DS meant dog was still inside too. Then I think even the most loyal dog would want to go potty by 1:30 in the afternoon and would have ran outdoors! And really, would you leave and shut the dog in again until LE got there?

Welcome. You make a good point. KR is the odd man out for me also. He just doesn't fit.

I know that family involvement is not popular on here, but then again you have all those coincidences. Now it seems that Sheriff Reader is being very specific in naming family as being involved in some way.

Family involvement is never popular on this site. But, family is most often my first "suspect" in crimes like this. I've also wondered about neighbors, especially when looking at property maps.

Welcome. You make a good point. KR is the odd man out for me also. He just doesn't fit.

Unless they wanted to leave no witnesses. KR knew, or saw, something that day/night. He also knew them well enough for them to be in that trailer, and was comfortable with them there. Or they had a key, and the dog was comfortable with them but I don't see that.

WOW! It definitely sounds like they have a good idea about who was behind this and are looking for information that will allow them to make an arrest. He's pretty much saying that if you know anything, this is your last "get out of jail free" card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interpreting his words to say that possibly family, friends or neighbors may be obstructing justice. He's not saying they committed the crimes, but may know or suspect who the killers are. Reader thinks they may be afraid to come forward for fear of being arrested for some other crime.

JMO, if a family member was one of the murderers, they would have arrested them by now. If they know or suspect who the killers are, they're likely more afraid of them than of Reader.

omg this is my fourth attempt to reply and ask another question. I am definitely going back to just following. Ha! One last thing regarding 'crime of opportunity.' If other murders weren't discovered until close to 8am, and KR was an early-riser at 5:30am, then person with opportunity would have to have heard before he woke up right? If they heard at 8am and rushed over to check on him, how would they get him back in his bed? I really thought this crime of opportunity right of the bat, but now I can't make it work unless i am missing something.

My impression from what's known in the news media is that KR was killed before 5:30 am., most certainly before 8 am. IMO, he was killed around the same time as the others. There were multiple groups with 1 or 2 people who carried it out.

I'm interpreting his words to say that possibly family, friends or neighbors may be obstructing justice. He's not saying they committed the crimes, but may know or suspect who the killers are. Reader thinks they may be afraid to come forward for fear of being arrested for some other crime.

JMO, if a family member was one of the murderers, they would have arrested them by now. If they know or suspect who the killers are, they're likely more afraid of them than of Reader.

By family involvement I am thinking more along the lines that some members of this family knew what was going down that night. Maybe not to the extent of murder but more like a robbery that got out of hand. I don't think Reader sees any family as the actual killer but more like they know what was supposed to go down and why. I don't think fear of the killers is why they won't talk because I think the ones he is talking about know the killers very well. I think fear of being charged as an accessory before or after the fact is more of a deterrent to them doing a tell all than fear is.

One other thing that jumped out at me was the word "abuse" that Reader used. One poster on here mentioned that HR was posting or something about domestic violence during her relationship with CG. But the word abuse could cover a lot of territory as there is all kinds of abuse and many different abuse victims from human to animals.
I think we also touched on sexual abuse of children at one time on here also.
But I don't think Reader just threw that word in there for the heck of it. I think he meant it for a part of this case.

Exactly. He also mentioned "drug trafficking, abuse, etc.". I take the word "abuse" to refer to "drug abuse". So, he seems to be hinting at a drug-related motive for the murders. Maybe?

I hate to keep using your post to reply to but a few days ago we were exploring the possibility that FR's ex could have been behind this because FR threatened to take custody away from her. We also thought of the possibility that she had a boyfriend that might have been abusing or hurting the little boy in some way. Could that be where that word "abuse" Reader threw in there came from? Remember the first thing LM said when asked why he thought they were killed was "child custody".

I hate to keep using your post to reply to but a few days ago we were exploring the possibility that FR's ex could have been behind this because FR threatened to take custody away from her. We also thought of the possibility that she had a boyfriend that might have been abusing or hurting the little boy in some way. Could that be where that word "abuse" Reader threw in there came from? Remember the first thing LM said when asked why he thought they were killed was "child custody".

I'm not picking that up. I thought he was referring to drug abuse, ie he was saying they weren't going to go after someone involved in minor drug abuse, etc.if they have information to share.

I can't imagine someone being able to convince several other people to plan and carry out a mass murder of 8 family members over a child custody dispute. IMO, that would be extremely unusual.

It's hard to remember what Leonard said, but when I heard that, I automatically thought he was referring to Hanna's new baby. I still don't think if Chelsie and Frankie were arguing that she would have taken B out there, and stayed to visit for a little over an hour.
And I don't think she would have taken him at all if she thought there might be a fight or intruders coming around.

Last sentence. Excellent point.

"All this stuff that's on the news I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound," Stone told a 911 dispatcher, reports USA Today. "I just went in and was hollering for him, checked in to see if he was all right, and I looked up and he had a gunshot wound."

Stone said he was supposed to spend that night with his cousin at his house.
"If I had, I would have been victim number nine," he told the Daily Mail. "I feel lucky about that and to be alive today."

"When I dialed 911 after finding him, the police couldn't go in because Brownie was barking so angry at them," Stone explained. "They asked me to get him and calm him down and that to me means that the killer knew Kenneth and knew his dog, otherwise he would have barked a lot or attacked him."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...ot-head-he-slept-his-cousin-was-one-who-found

One other thing that jumped out at me was the word "abuse" that Reader used. One poster on here mentioned that HR was posting or something about domestic violence during her relationship with CG. But the word abuse could cover a lot of territory as there is all kinds of abuse and many different abuse victims from human to animals.
I think we also touched on sexual abuse of children at one time on here also.
But I don't think Reader just threw that word in there for the heck of it. I think he meant it for a part of this case.

I'm sure he was referring to drug abuse. "even if it incriminates them in drug trafficking, abuse, etc.” Meaning anything
to do with drugs, drug abuse, etc..

Exactly. He also mentioned "drug trafficking, abuse, etc.". I take the word "abuse" to refer to "drug abuse". So, he seems to be hinting at a drug-related motive for the murders. Maybe?

He's said that this is deeper than drugs.

Drug trafficking? Abuse? Hmm.

Family? Friends?

I think we have covered all that on here except the neighbors. Never thought of them but they would have access and know the property.

There's one neighbor I've been suspicious of from the beginning. I mentioned it in one of the earlier threads.

It's hard to remember what Leonard said, but when I heard that, I automatically thought he was referring to Hanna's new baby. I still don't think if Chelsie and Frankie were arguing that she would have taken B out there, and stayed to visit for a little over an hour.
And I don't think she would have taken him at all if she thought there might be a fight or intruders coming around.
bbm
Was she truthful about the time? If not, when did she really leave? We only have her side, saying that everything was Kosher between them. Was the bedroom door closed so B couldn't go in? I'm guessing it was b/c it was never mentioned that he was covered in blood from trying to awaken his parents. They could have come right in the front door, went to the br, shut the door, with B asleep on the couch, and then went out the window, so as to not worry about him seeing them if he'd woke up. The other windows up at the other homes could have been staging, or that's how they went out for some reason. I think they went in right through the doors though.

I've always thought that perhaps KR might have been involved. That's why he was the only one shot once. Time will tell.

Reader is not saying that family was involved​ only that they might be obstructing in some way, probably by not being totally forthcoming with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak