OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been said that Gary lived with Chris from day one. Gary's dad also stated Gary and Chris were very closeand Gary lived with Chris. Brandon stayed with Frankie and family for several weeks. Maybe when Gary returned to Ohio, he stayed with Kenny for a while, using the same mailing address, IDK. Kenny's place may have just been too small for two people, and he moved in with Chris. Donald and Kenny were close, however it hasn't been said they ever shared a place.
I don't recall hearing about Dana struggling with her attackers, or that any DNA was obtained from her nails. All of the victims hands were bagged to check for gun shot residue and DNA. I haven't ever heard any foreign material was obtained from anyone's nails. However, I do remember Frankie's nails were cut extra short, and that raised a red flag with me. It seems to me that if he had cut a couple of nails really short that can happen, but not with all of them. He worked with his hands at his job, and it would be really uncomfortable to have all of his nails too short.

The address that shows for GR, KR, and SR, is the same one in Waverly. It also shows that LR lived there. It's not out of the realm of imagination that GR was a couch surfer. I'll also not buy that he was clean until I see his tox screen. I've heard too many of those, "Oh, he was helping him to stay clean", stories. Just color me, been there.

Has it been mentioned where DR and kids lived before 3/22/16? I'm guessing if she lived with CR1 or the house that FR and HG lived, GR was probably somewhere else.

She's listed at:
Her parent's
2663 UHR, Peebles

4091 Union Rd (CR1 Trailer)

At one time DR lived on
128 Rapp Hollow Rd. in Lucasville.
CR1 is listed as living there too.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" - William Congreve Not my favorite theory but it's been tossed around. BH died in Mar, 2014. (Not saying it wasn't an accident.) CR1 bought the trailer, on Mar 21, 2016, and DR and the kids moved in, then, "Killed April 22 were Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, and his ex-wife Dana Rhoden, 37 with whom he had reconciled;" (You don't reconcile, buy a new home, and not live with one another. Especially in the first few weeks of reconciliation.) If someone, already close to CR1, suddenly gets rooted out by his "it's complicated" female, buys her a home, reunites the family, while the other woman has been cleaning, cooking, helping his kids w/their kids... Could that be enough to make someone feel so taken advantage of, that they snap? Maybe they'd been the on again off again when CR1 & DR were on the outs. Just thinking. Since I can't seem to get this off of my mind. :gaah:

Also, according to court records:
DR Lived at

Aug. 2007
4077 UHR

Dec. 2007:
Nov. 2015:
DR lived at:

4199 UNION HILL RD
PIKETON, OH 45661

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...y-victims/84229484/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I read that the dogs were intimidating enough for officers to have to asked somebody ( maybe one of the relatives or neighbors) to help get them remove dogs from blocking the properties crime scenes ....
I think DS restrained them.

I have a somewhat random question ask the group. I personally do not trust polygraph tests, I am very nervous on a calm day. They say results less accurate if one is nervous. Where do the rest of you stand with polygraph tests?
If you had to give DNA to LE in this case, would you take or refuse a polygraph?

There is a reason why polographs are not admissible in court. Too unreliable. That being said, photographs are useful to LE, in the fact that it could provide valuable clues in what to question a POE about.
To answer your question I would not take a polograpgh, even if I was innocent as a newborn baby. Too many medical conditions could cause it to be inconclusive, thereby opening the door for further questioning and suspicion.
I would give the DNA if I were innocent though, because it is based on science.

Thanks for the responses on polygraphs. I myself am super nervous on a calm day, would never take one. I do wonder if LE has done any polygraphs in this case. They at least could be used to help maybe...

It says DR's hands were covered with brown paper bags. The fingernails are short and clean.
No mention of anything under fingernail or any being removed...

I am awake ⏰ now lol.
The more I think, it was media, NOT coroner who remarked.
I am going on a search later to try to find, in all these bookmarks, said comment. IF it's there..LE did not like It being released and has It pulled. Whether it was true or not, I don't know.
The article talked about many in their beds, and her puttig up a fight. I have often wondered if she was still up when things happened, we know she worked late that evening. Double shift? Not sure, but was supposed to work next morning as I remember.

KR's ex. I don't know which last initial to use. My apologies. :confused:
Been there! This is a big family, with extentions! ☺ I have a heck of a time keeping the who is who straight, and I even made a little document to refer to. It doesn't always help.

I got to ask, off topic, if one accidentally posts the same post twice, is there an easy way to delete the second? How embarrassing.

I got to ask, off topic, if one accidentally posts the same post twice, is there an easy way to delete the second? How embarrassing.

OT: If it is within the edit time limit, use the edit function to delete.

I had thought Dana and kids could have been living in Frankie's house, and his family lived with Chris til she moved. But, its just a thought. I also have wondered if there could have been another MH on the property, and Chris could have sold it and used the money for part of the down payment on her new home.
But, IIRC, Leonard has two homes on his property, and she and the kids might have been living there. I believe, maybe James and April may be living there now.

There is a delete button on the edit screen, but it goes away after a few minutes. If you miss that window, you can 'alert' the duplicate by clicking the red triangle in the bottom left of the post, and asking a mod to delete it. They're happy to help!

And please don't feel embarrassed. We've all done it!

HTH (Hope that helps!)
b025.gif

O/T. I can't view the website like I usually do. It keeps redirecting me to a limited view then logging me out. I notified WS. Anyone else? This is awful.

An update from the Sherriff:

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader has ordered that any individual who has misled, lied to investigators, or has obstructed the investigation into the murders of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families on April 22, 2016, to be charged and arrested.

We are trying to find killers," said Reader. "Come forward, be truthful, or we will be coming to arrest and charge anyone who is obstructing any officials investigating this horrific crime, including family, friends, and neighbors of the victims, if necessary. We can prove that some have lied or misled investigators. I will not stand for it. Anyone who has or attempts to delay, hamper, or mislead authorities in any fashion will be charged and arrested. Period."

http://m.newswatchman.com/spotlight/article_5e9a1390-2fe6-50b8-ae2e-ba251d5b58f8.html?mode=jqm

Yes, just now trying To reply. :) i was logged out. And yes i get redirected as well.

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader has ordered that any individual who has misled, lied to investigators, or has obstructed the investigation into the murders of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families on April 22, 2016, to be charged and arrested.

We are trying to find killers," said Reader. "Come forward, be truthful, or we will be coming to arrest and charge anyone who is obstructing any officials investigating this horrific crime, including family, friends, and neighbors of the victims, if necessary. We can prove that some have lied or misled investigators. I will not stand for it. Anyone who has or attempts to delay, hamper, or mislead authorities in any fashion will be charged and arrested. Period."

http://m.newswatchman.com/spotlight/article_5e9a1390-2fe6-50b8-ae2e-ba251d5b58f8.html?mode=jqm

Oh wow. I think things are about to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O/T. I can't view the website like I usually do. It keeps redirecting me to a limited view then logging me out. I notified WS. Anyone else? This is awful.

It doesn't look like the normal screen to me either. I don't know exactly what you mean but the board, or part where we view and type, is shorter, if that makes any sense. It's a bit annoying.

Well alrighty then. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member