OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards this being done by or with help from someone close to the Rhodens. I just can't imagine someone who (according to LE) was able to plan the murders, but not able to see the consequences this would have for everyone. The last months must've been hell for all the surviving Rhodens, their extended family and friends. A motive bigger than the concern for the people you care about? Someone who was estranged from the family would make more sense, wouldn't it?
Oh, I don't know. We have looked at so many angles, probably also the right one. Problem is we don't get any confirmation when one of us is right, so we keep on guessing. Reader might've guessed to, but he needs proof and he doesn't have any. His only chance is someone confessing to what they know. When is he going to start arresting people?

Edit: I actually see a familiar name: http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?page_id=893

Which one?

I would imagine he'll get raked over the coals for info in the murders. Did y'all notice how many people in jail have NO bond? Some of the chgs didn't sound that major. Could it be maybe they were arrested over the wknd, and hadn't been before the judge for bond to be set?

P.S. Betty, his initials are IJ, questioned at the beginning of the investigation.

Holy cow look who is in the clink! Thanks for pointing it out. And obviously on charges you normally wouldn't actually go to jail on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I remember the young man who is now cooling his heels in jail was questioned by LE very early on in the investigation. Do you or does anyone know if he was friends with the other two young men who had a dispute with CR Jr? They were also in the news as having been questioned and I believe it was around the same time.

I would imagine he'll get raked over the coals for info in the murders. Did y'all notice how many people in jail have NO bond? Some of the chgs didn't sound that major. Could it be maybe they were arrested over the wind, and hadn't been before the judge for bond to be set?

P.S. Betty, his initials are IJ, questioned at the beginning of the investigation.

Thanks for the info. I checked that site a few weeks ago and noticed a lot of people in there with no bond.

I guess they don't have much in the way of public defenders down there, as some of the charges don't look that serious. If all those with no bond are linked to the murders (doubtful), the sheriff should have been able to come up with something by now. Just seems kind of disturbing there are so many people there locked up unable to get out.

I still can't see this being done by one person, or even a couple of young locals. It took some planning, equipment, skills and experience. Cold and calculating, able to keep quiet for months, etc.

ETA: I could be wrong about his and am just speculating, but I also feel extremely uncomfortable if they're planning to pin this on the only young black man living within miles of that town. I hope that's not why they waited until after the election.

IJ already submitted DNA and they took his clothing and cell phone. He's on camera as being home that night.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

And his motivation would have been what? Hurt feelings? Not buying this theory at all.

Holy cow look who is in the clink! Thanks for pointing it out. And obviously on charges you normally wouldn't actually go to jail on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Those three things lumped together, if it's who I think you're talking about, would land you in jail (here anyway). Especially the NSOD.

Those three things lumped together, if it's who I think you're talking about, would land you in jail (here anyway). Especially the NSOD.

But no bond? Certainly seems unjustified. Wonder if the Ohio ACLU is aware of this?

But no bond? Certainly seems unjustified. Wonder if the Ohio ACLU is aware of this?

The NB may possibly be related to when he was arrested, when he see's the judge, and when they've had time to update the system. Sometimes, if one is behind on child support, they'll do a No Bond, until they can get orders from the CS office on how much they owe, then their bond will be set, and it will all go toward owed child support. It's Monday, they probably haven't gotten everything processed from a potential Sunday arrest (just a guess).

With three separate charges, no bond does not seem unreasonable to me.

Edited to add, a non-support charge is a pretty serious one where I live. If he is a repeat offender on that (not saying he is - I don't know), that might help explain the no bond, or perhaps he hasn't gone before a judge yet, or it could be the combination of all three charges. I cannot make out what the second charge is for.

We will find out in time.

The NB may possibly be related to when he was arrested, when he see's the judge, and when they've had time to update the system. Sometimes, if one is behind on child support, they'll do a No Bond, until they can get orders from the CS office on how much they owe, then their bond will be set, and it will all go toward owed child support. It's Monday, they probably haven't gotten everything processed from a potential Sunday arrest (just a guess).

The possession charge is older, if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/mdocket.cgi?pre=CRB&num=1500125&sub=&type=CR

Looks as if he failed to appear so they issued a warrant on 6/27. It was probably an accumulation of all three that got him the NB. Looks like mom (?) has been paying a % of bond to keep him out for awhile, but FTA was the final nail. Just guessing, again.

Edit: They probably just got the system updated to reflect the 10% bond that the judge set today and it's possible that no one has gotten him out yet, due to court docket running late. Mondays are normally pretty busy...

With three separate charges, no bond does not seem unreasonable to me.

Edited to add, a non-support charge is a pretty serious one where I live. If he is a repeat offender on that (not saying he is - I don't know), that might help explain the no bond, or perhaps he hasn't gone before a judge yet, or it could be the combination of all three charges. I cannot make out what the second charge is for.

We will find out in time.

There are criminals who kill others, drive while under the influence and steal millions of dollars from innocent people who are released on bond, every day.

IMO, it's always seemed like "no bond" is for people who are a risk to public safety or something. Not for someone who can't afford to pay child support. No bond for non-payment of child support is just abusive, or something else. Does the county contract with someone to run their jail?

There are criminals who kill others, drive while under the influence and steal millions of dollars from innocent people who are released on bond, every day.

IMO, it's always seemed like "no bond" is for people who are a risk to public safety or something. Not for someone who can't afford to pay child support. No bond for non-payment of child support is just abusive, or something else. Does the county contract with someone to run their jail?

There is more clarity on the issue now that we know he failed to appear and apparently a bond has been set.

What, exactly was he charged with back then? Amazing all the court dates, fines, etc. going on for years and years. Seems like overkill unless it was something serious.

He was on three years probation, from settling a case almost one year prior. When he was caught on 3/6/2015 with a counterfeit controlled substance, he broke probation. Then he had some failure to appears, and he wasn't paying his child support, so it all kinda caught up w/him.

bbm
The state wants its money back. It doesn't say how much in arrears he was but some are several thousand in arrears and the child's other parent has to get assistance from the state. Non payment of support, if you are the custodial parent, is quite a big deal. They know they'll get at least part of the money by setting their bond for the amount of support that is owed. Also, in our area, they don't set bond most times, until they see a judge, and if they are arrested on Sat. night or Sun., that may not be til Monday morning.

He broke probation, was driving on suspended and wasn't paying his child support. A night in jail didn't hurt him.

7 months and we are no closer to knowing the truth than we were on day one. They all had issues with people that could have been the reason behind the murders. I am interested in our recently arrested friend. I had all but forgotten about him until someone mentioned him recently.

7 months and we are no closer to knowing the truth than we were on day one. They all had issues with people that could have been the reason behind the murders. I am interested in our recently arrested friend. I had all but forgotten about him until someone mentioned him recently.

I'd forgotten about him, too. If I recall correctly, LE was contacted by several of the mothers of his children and were told by these women that he was a possible suspect in the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove