OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't think DS is sharp enough to do all this himself. However, he might be vulnerable enough to help someone do it. Maybe they coerced him into helping or paid him to help. He seems low functioning, like a follower. I know I said this before, but I find it alarming that all the rhodens (except one who is not a part of any rhoden discussions) are no longer friends with him on fb. Holdren is still friends with everyone, so are the Manleys, but not DS, he has either separated himself or they have unfriended him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've noticed that too. They started dropping like flies, from his friend list, not long after the interviews. I don't know that he had anything to do with the murders but I'd not rule out helping himself to some monies that may have been left at KR's. If family thought that was the case, I could see them distancing themselves. One just doesn't do that. However, to be fair, there's been sever FB profiles that have been cleaned up in the past seven+ months.

I've noticed that too. They started dropping like flies, from his friend list, not long after the interviews. I don't know that he had anything to do with the murders but I'd not rule out helping himself to some monies that may have been left at KR's. If family thought that was the case, I could see them distancing themselves. One just doesn't do that. However, to be fair, there's been sever FB profiles that have been cleaned up in the past seven+ months.

I've also wondered if he helped himself to some items at KR's place.There may not be anyone who would know...

Also, we talked about Donald was waiting for his divorce to become final so he and his sweetie could get married. May be that some of his friends were siding with the ex, and I'm sure there were friends who thought him getting remarried so quickly was disrespectful to his ex, and could have thought remarrying so quickly was also because he was on the rebound and was setting himself up for another failure.
I also remember from the earlier threads that it was stated, although I'm not sure by who, that Donald had taken $8000.00 from Kenny's home. Supposedly this was per BJ. If she was doing housekeeping for Kenny, unless he told her he had $8000.00, how would she know, unless she was snooping around! And how would she know after his death that it was missing??
And here fairly recently it was said that the acct that was posted and drew in just over $8000.00, that the money was eventually returned to donator's because the family was arguing about what the money should be used for. HELLO! That money was raised for funeral expenses. That was enough to pay $1000.00 toward each victims funeral, and the family was arguing over how, and probably WHO at this point should be in charge of the money!
I view that as being when the money talked, needy, greedy people forgot about the burial expenses, and wanted the money for themselves. I understand what its like living on a fixed income and trying to make ends meet, but nobody donated the money for struggling relatives, it was money raised to help with funeral expenses, and there should have never been arguments over the money in the first place!

Glf, I have to agree on the account. Those funds should have been raised and transferred directly to the funeral home. There should have been 1 account for all victims funeral expenses and divided out equally. I'm not familiar with how they work but I would think that it would've been put into one of the other donation funds through one of the banks that held that account. I know I read there was more than 1 location to make donations. I don't particularly care or trust , I think it's gotten way out of hand on the reasoning of opening one. The idea is great but one should not be able to open an account because they are short on cash. It could easily become an enabler for some.

I agree, when an acct is set up, donors don't have any kind of check system to know for certain where their donation ends up at. I like to think that for the most part, donations are used for the purpose intended. I also know, somebody may need money for car repairs, and make up a story about sister needing money for medical bills.

One thing about DS just never had seemed right. I wonder if he was questioned as much as BJM?
They were on her pretty hard. Enough it upset her dad. AND she had hard feelings with her sister DR.
Hopefully we get privy to more ifo. ��

I think Donald was questioned more than once, but I think BJ took the brunt of things, since she made the first and second crime scene discoveries.
I don't think Donald would have been able to go thru and grab anything from Kenny's home, since Luke was with him.
And I don't really think it is overly suspicious that Donald went in the garage. Kenny's PU was in the driveway, house not padlocked on the outside, maybe he was checking to see if his bike was there. I'm sure Donald was already having uneasy feelings because things didn't look right from the outside. That's what I would be feeling anyway. Especially having learned about the other seven family members being murdered.

I think Donald was questioned more than once, but I think BJ took the brunt of things, since she made the first and second crime scene discoveries.
I don't think Donald would have been able to go thru and grab anything from Kenny's home, since Luke was with him.
And I don't really think it is overly suspicious that Donald went in the garage. Kenny's PU was in the driveway, house not padlocked on the outside, maybe he was checking to see if his bike was there. I'm sure Donald was already having uneasy feelings because things didn't look right from the outside. That's what I would be feeling anyway. Especially having learned about the other seven family members being murdered.

Do we know that when DS took Luke to KR's place that it was the first time he was there that day?

No, we don't, but from hearing most of the family gathered at the church, Donald was with all of them. I don't think if he had already found Kenny, he would be able to keep a straight face.

Click here: Murder in Piketon - 3RD Rail Politics

Neighbors say they were well liked by mostly everyone, but between the hours of 4 am and 7 am on Friday April 22, someone disliked the Rhoden's very much.

I am wondering where this time frame came from. I don't remember reading that anywhere else.

It had been rumored on social media that Donald Stone had stolen a significant sum of money from the home of Kenneth Rhoden before making the 911 call, but that theory was never supported by investigators. Stone was questioned by authorities but no arrest or charges were filed and authorities did not comment.

Could this be why they are all no longer friends on facebook?

Several family members are reported to have taken paternity tests and have submitted to background checks.

Whywould family members be taking paternity tests? Did they mean the Rhoden family or maybe the Gilley or Wagner families?

Paternity tests could be something requested by insurance companies for survivor benefits, etc.

I remember from much earlier threads, that due to the fact the hunter said he heard gunshots, but wasn't certain what time it was, and the discovery of the first crime scene around 7:45, police were estimating that the 4a-7a time frame was the approx TOD's.
Being an LPN, after reading autopsy reports, the actual times were closer to 1a, maybe a little later.

Neighbors say they were well liked by mostly everyone, but between the hours of 4 am and 7 am on Friday April 22, someone disliked the Rhoden's very much.

I am wondering where this time frame came from. I don't remember reading that anywhere else.

It had been rumored on social media that Donald Stone had stolen a significant sum of money from the home of Kenneth Rhoden before making the 911 call, but that theory was never supported by investigators. Stone was questioned by authorities but no arrest or charges were filed and authorities did not comment.

Several family members are reported to have taken paternity tests and have submitted to background checks.

Whywould family members be taking paternity tests? Did they mean the Rhoden family or maybe the Gilley or Wagner families?

If this timeline is correct it would make sense that KR was killed first since he was supposed to be up at 5:00 AM every morning to go to work.

If this timeline is correct it would make sense that KR was killed first since he was supposed to be up at 5:00 AM every morning to go to work.

You make an excellent point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DS is an interesting player in this somehow. He had no steady job, got paid from helping with cars by Rhodens not sure if he done anything else or not. He caught my attention early on when he (almost bragging) got that NICE pick-up truck shortly after the murders. He even posted pictures of it.
I live honest. And I know you either have to have decent credit and a verifiable income or you got to pay cash for things like that. Like many, I don't think he is too smart. Looks can be deceiving.
BJM is another one. She and her sister DR had apparently been on the outs for a while. But here she is over there every day to feed the critters.
Point I am making, the Rhoden family, excluding KR who worked early, seemed to be a group that stayed up late. I am of the opinion they would not be up as early as 7. But she goes over and let's herself in. Did she do that everyday? No clue, anyone that would know is dead. LM and wife might not be real honest with LE on that question as it might imply involvement in some way.
Oh what tangled webs we weave when we are trying to deceive. This here is one of those webs.

From what I have inferred, BJ took her daughter to the bus stop every morn and then from there, to feed the animals. I believe the three men were on their way to work by then. And, she liked to check in on Hannah, and have coffee with her, making me believe that Hannah got up early with Frankie, and maybe they had breakfast together, or she made his lunch every morn. I'm sure the baby probably would be hungry by 6:00 or 7:00. And she probably had a key to Kenny's place, since he would be long gone before she arrived.
I don't think Leonard or Judy had any reason to be dishonest. I think they really in the dark about the pot, and probably never gave a second thought to the roosters.

This piece had a few errors in it. BJM did not drive to FR's trailer either, for example. There is one thing that just keeps bugging me about BJM going over to FR & HG's trailer and it's where she calls for FR or B to open the door. Why? HG would have been the adult at home that day. FR would have already been at work (normally). B wasn't supposed to be there. I'd never think to call a toddler to open the door anyway, but that's just me, maybe I'm just odd, but I'd have called for HG or FR.

IMO from the 911 calls the child's voice in the background and one of LM's first interviews, BJM went to Frankie's trailer first and got the kids out before finding CRsr and GR. Also, IMO we the public have been told by the media, kin folk and LE, what they want us to know weather it was acurate or not. Rumors of one sort or another have been flying around since day one.

With so little real or factual information it so very frustrating to figure out what really happened. The elections are over, it's been 7 months and still nothing to go on. I have been on other sites and read dozens of articles, and still nothing. I, like a lot of people an truly getting brunt out. Bless the Rouden and Gilley families. Sorry about the rant.

According to the autopsies, they all had some contents in their stomachs, of varying breakdown. IANA medical person, but, based on this:
In present study the identifiable semi-digested food particle were found more commonly in those persons who died 0-2 hours after last meal, un-identifiable semi-digested food particle were found more commonly in those persons who died 2-6 hours after last meal and empty stomach were found more commonly in those persons who died more than 6 hours after last meal.
it would seem their deaths occurred in the 2-6 hour range, after eating, based on the autopsy results.
http://www.scopemed.org/?mno=40697

I've seen a screengrab of the posts (shares) that DR made a little before 1:00 am. DR's stomach contents had food fragments, CR2's had more food fragments than DR's, and HR's stomach contents had even more than CR2's and DR's combined. HR's contents were redacted, as were CR2's so I'm thinking that their stomach contents were identifiable, making their deaths within two hours after they ate.

All of the Rhodens had some type of stomach contents listed. If they were all in bed, except CR1 and GR, then I'm leaning toward sometime shortly after 1 a.m. based on DR's work and computer time, as a starting point, and, I don't think that all of the Rhodens were up at, or before, 3:00 a.m., and had something to eat, especially KR seeing as how he got up so very early every morning. KR may have been killed first, but if so, I think it is was much earlier. Just my thoughts based on the autopsies, and DR's & KR's work schedules.

This piece had a few errors in it. BJM did not drive to FR's trailer either, for example. There is one thing that just keeps bugging me about BJM going over to FR & HG's trailer and it's where she calls for FR or B to open the door. Why? HG would have been the adult at home that day. FR would have already been at work (normally). B wasn't supposed to be there. I'd never think to call a toddler to open the door anyway, but that's just me, maybe I'm just odd, but I'd have called for HG or FR.

You raise a very valid point. How DID BJM know that child was there at the time. It's just odd.
I think someone very close to some of the family at the very least. Knew routines, work schedules an so on. Family helped without knowing. Close friend some thought, they had no clue what the person was capable of.
This waiting is frustrating to everyone I know. I am reminded daily of Reader saying they (LE) was only going to have one chance to prosecute and they was gonna get it right. I believe that. Most cases would be cold by now, this one is pretty active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme