OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
referring to your probably right
I remember hearing Leonard say that, but I really thought he was trying to call somebody's bluff. That look in his eyes told me he may have had a suspect or two in the back of his mind, and maybe hoping to make somebody nervous. He doesn't strike me as being the type of person who would allow the persons involved to get away with killing eight family members. And he may have the old tried and true "give 'em enough rope they'll hang themselves!

Does anyone remember in which news article it stated by co-workers that DR got a phone call before she left work that night that appeared to upset her? I think it was one of the earliest ones but can't find it now. I just wondered if anyone else remembered that also? I can't remember if it was on the work place phone or on her cell or if it was mentioned which phone it was on. And if so have LE obtained the health centers phone records?

Click here: EXCLUSIVE: 'Ain't got no revenge in our hearts,' Pike Co. family says

Could this be the information that LE says is being withheld?
According to Leonard Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls, a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs" that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce.
"Why wouldn't they do that?" Leonard Manley said. "Somebody had to know them dogs."
Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said.
"The Pike County Sheriff's wanted to ask me the same questions the BCI did,'' she said, adding that investigators seem to be fixated on when she found the bodies. They said it was earlier, Bobby Jo says. But she said, she went there around 7 a.m.
"I think they should all just leave us alone,'' she said in a moment between tears.
Leonard Manley looked up as his daughter and sighed.
"Look, we are just hillbillies,'' he said. "We ain't got no revenge in our hearts.''

Somehow I thought she had worked there longer than 6 months.

Dana Rhoden worked full-time as a nursing assistant at the Hillside Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center in Peebles, which is about 10 miles west of her home.
Matthew Smith, the center’s administrator, said she had worked at the 49-bed facility since October and called her “a kind and caring worker” who was loved by patients and co-workers alike. She worked Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and an every-other-weekend rotation.
On Thursday, she worked a double-shift after a co-worker was unable to work. She overslept and arrived at 8 a.m. and worked until about 11 p.m., Hillside manager Heather Frost-Young said.
Frost-Young, who also went to high school with Dana, described her as bubbly, hard-working and had a huge heart who loved her children.
"She was just so proud of them,'' she said.

This is why my thoughts keep going to a custody issue between FR and the mother of B. Three children in danger and one not. Notice that SW is lumped in with those in danger. Sometimes it is not what is said but what is not said. I think him leaving B out of the grave danger statement speaks volumes. Maybe because Sheriff Reader knows that one child's mother had something to do with all this therefore that child would not be in danger but the others might. Custody issue was the first thing LM said.

Click here: Rhodens scoff at Pike County sheriff's comments

Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, Brentley Rhoden, 3, who is now living with his mother. Some say Reader's comments have put the larger community on edge -- again.
Brentley Rhoden is the half-brother of Ruger. The toddler was found alive and unharmed in the living room of his father's trailer on Union Hill Road. Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, is the father of both Brentley and Ruger. He was found shot to death alongside his fiancé, Hannah Gilley, in their bed that morning. That couple's baby boy, Ruger, was found physically unharmed lying between them.
"Ask me how many calls I have gotten to check on Brentley,'' said Samantha Robinson, the toddler's grandmother. "Zero."
"I protect him,'' she said.

In every article I have read about the Appalachians and Pike county, the central theme throughout is family. Family is everything, more so than in other areas of the country. I don't mean that in other parts of the USA people care less about family, but just that they don't tend to depend on them for survival as much. Maybe there are those on here from the general area that maybe could correct me if I am wrong.

But what I am trying to say (badly at that) is that if family is such a huge part of life in the area, is it so far out there in left field that someone might kill if custody of a child is threatened?

Does anyone remember in which news article it stated by co-workers that DR got a phone call before she left work that night that appeared to upset her? I think it was one of the earliest ones but can't find it now. I just wondered if anyone else remembered that also? I can't remember if it was on the work place phone or on her cell or if it was mentioned which phone it was on. And if so have LE obtained the health centers phone records?

I vaguely remember seeing something about that too and the call caused her to be late for work. But I can't remember where I read/saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here: EXCLUSIVE: 'Ain't got no revenge in our hearts,' Pike Co. family says

According to Leonard Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls, a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs" that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce.
"Why wouldn't they do that?" Leonard Manley said. "Somebody had to know them dogs."

(SBM for focus...)

These dogs have always bothered me. Because it seems the details are always changing about them. I remember reading this article about how the dogs were no where to be found, but in another very descriptive article (it may have been the one where BJM was interviewed about the crime scene for the first time), it said the dogs were outside and one was sitting in a lounge chair on the front porch. BJM said that's what caused her concern. She said the dogs were always kept inside the house at night, so she knew something was wrong when she pulled up and saw the dogs were outside. That's when she knocked on the door and grabbed the key to let herself in.

IDK if we'll ever really know exactly how they were found.

This is why my thoughts keep going to a custody issue between FR and the mother of B. Three children in danger and one not. Notice that SW is lumped in with those in danger. Sometimes it is not what is said but what is not said. I think him leaving B out of the grave danger statement speaks volumes. Maybe because Sheriff Reader knows that one child's mother had something to do with all this therefore that child would not be in danger but the others might. Custody issue was the first thing LM said.

Click here: Rhodens scoff at Pike County sheriff's comments

Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, Brentley Rhoden, 3, who is now living with his mother. Some say Reader's comments have put the larger community on edge -- again.
Brentley Rhoden is the half-brother of Ruger. The toddler was found alive and unharmed in the living room of his father's trailer on Union Hill Road. Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, is the father of both Brentley and Ruger. He was found shot to death alongside his fiancé, Hannah Gilley, in their bed that morning. That couple's baby boy, Ruger, was found physically unharmed lying between them.
"Ask me how many calls I have gotten to check on Brentley,'' said Samantha Robinson, the toddler's grandmother. "Zero."
"I protect him,'' she said.
I would think the opposite. If they thought Brentley's mom was a killer they would NEVER give her custody. The 3 kids "in danger" are Gilleys. Therefore, I would think of they suspected anyone, it would be a Gilley. No one knows, but I'd be willing to bet no female had anything to do with this. This was a very well planned murder of multiple people. This had to be done by men, cold blooded men. This is not the work of a woman. Women kill sometimes, but not like this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would think the opposite. If they thought Brentley's mom was a killer they would NEVER give her custody. The 3 kids "in danger" are Gilleys. Therefore, I would think of they suspected anyone, it would be a Gilley. No one knows, but I'd be willing to bet no female had anything to do with this. This was a very well planned murder of multiple people. This had to be done by men, cold blooded men. This is not the work of a woman. Women kill sometimes, but not like this.

Sorry 2 kids "in danger". KR and RR

Bobby Jo declined to discuss the crime scenes or talk much Monday, but did say she and several of her family members had talked to investigators repeatedly. The last time, investigators came and woke up her and five other people at 3:41 a.m. Sunday, she said.
"The Pike County Sheriff's wanted to ask me the same questions the BCI did,'' she said, adding that investigators seem to be fixated on when she found the bodies. They said it was earlier, Bobby Jo says. But she said, she went there around 7 a.m.
"I think they should all just leave us alone,'' she said in a moment between tears.
Leonard Manley looked up as his daughter and sighed.
"Look, we are just hillbillies,'' he said. "We ain't got no revenge in our hearts.''

Somehow I thought she had worked there longer than 6 months.

Dana Rhoden worked full-time as a nursing assistant at the Hillside Skilled Nursing and Rehab Center in Peebles, which is about 10 miles west of her home.
Matthew Smith, the center’s administrator, said she had worked at the 49-bed facility since October and called her “a kind and caring worker” who was loved by patients and co-workers alike. She worked Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and an every-other-weekend rotation.
On Thursday, she worked a double-shift after a co-worker was unable to work. She overslept and arrived at 8 a.m. and worked until about 11 p.m., Hillside manager Heather Frost-Young said.
Frost-Young, who also went to high school with Dana, described her as bubbly, hard-working and had a huge heart who loved her children.
"She was just so proud of them,'' she said.

BBM re dogs

We know that he was either flat out wrong about the dogs or BJM told him wrong, or the paper made this up:
She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner.

She said she went there around 7a.m. She also had to stop on the way there to pick up her two friends.
Manley got up about 6:10 a.m. to wake her 15-year-old daughter by 6:30 a.m. and get her on the bus to school by 7. Then -- as she did most every weekday morning -- she drove over to the trailer of Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens. Rhoden was her brother-in-law.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

In every article I have read about the Appalachians and Pike county, the central theme throughout is family. Family is everything, more so than in other areas of the country. I don't mean that in other parts of the USA people care less about family, but just that they don't tend to depend on them for survival as much. Maybe there are those on here from the general area that maybe could correct me if I am wrong.

But what I am trying to say (badly at that) is that if family is such a huge part of life in the area, is it so far out there in left field that someone might kill if custody of a child is threatened?

I personally think it would be feasible, if the other parent/family actually thought for sure, that they'd lose in court. I'd think it more likely that they'd kill only the other parent though, unless there were other in that family who knew something scandalous about them, that could cause them to lose custody of the child to them, even if the other parent were deceased. I mean, there's more than a few instances of parents even killing their own children b/c they were going to lose custody of them, so I'd not rule it out as a theory.

Sorry 2 kids "in danger". KR and RR

The statement the Sheriff made said 3 kids. Don't you find it odd to say the least that he lumped SW who is a Wagner in with RR and KR? Most noticeable is he left out the fourth child, BR. Maybe because he knew who the killer was and knew BR would not be harmed? Otherwise why wouldn't he leave out SW who is with her father? And I believe that BR's mother already had custody so no one had to give it to her.

"I do not want to ever find victims 9, 10 and 11 and have them be those three minor children,” he told the court.

Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, Brentley Rhoden, 3, who is now living with his mother.

Did anyone ever find out who HRs new babies father was?
Custody or whoever the daddy was thought to belong to to could have been frosting on the cake to someone. Very extreme to kill an entire family. But possible, yes.
Maybe someone was In love with HR, she had rejected them, and had this baby belonging to someone else. That someone did not take rejection well? And this is the result? If so...they waited until the baby came.
Someone had DR upset so that fits.
I don't know...like everyone else trying to figure this out. I do believe one person was primary target, the rest has to go because they knew.
Whomever it was, the whole family underestimated what they were capable of, and they knew them.

The only thing that throws me off of the custody motive is KR. I don't see how he fits into it. Someone had to drive 10 miles to kill KR -- he was specifically targeted.

I still think CRsr & KR were the main targets -- over some kind of shady business dealings --and the other 6 were somehow able to implicate the killers.

*my 1st post btw. The websleuth community is amazing. Some real sharp ppl on here. This case fascinates me. I really hope we get some news soon.

The only thing that throws me off of the custody motive is KR. I don't see how he fits into it. Someone had to drive 10 miles to kill KR -- he was specifically targeted.

I still think CRsr & KR were the main targets -- over some kind of shady business dealings --and the other 6 were somehow able to implicate the killers.

*my 1st post btw. The websleuth community is amazing. Some real sharp ppl on here. This case fascinates me. I really hope we get some news soon.

Insightful first post! I hope you stick around and continue posting. :)

Welcome, gorilla!
KR throws a kink into a lot of theories. One of my thoughts is that he was unwittingly duped into providing information about the main targets, CR1, DR, and their children (GR & HG were just in the wrong place at the wrong time). Whoever did this was close to KR and had used him for info and being able to be around the others, so, if KR was left alive, KR would have known who killed the others. Whoever killed KR had to have known him well enough for KR to be in bed, and his dog not freak out by them having to break into KR's camper trailer. I think the killer was there when KR settled in for bed and his "friend" then killed him. KR was said to have slept w/a gun so one of my theories is that it had to be someone who he'd not thought was a danger to him and was hanging out at the camper with him that night.

Maybe KR, CR, and all of them had been threatening whomever had abused HR. Maybe they were very protective of her. I don't know who abused her, but on her social media it appears someone did. Also, CG's sister stayed with the Rhoden family, so if it was him that was abusive (and I don't know) then it would make sense he punished them all. Gilley makes sense in every aspect, except that with that situation it would be hard to find help, and in DV it would be emotional and hard to not leave evidence. CG is young and I can't see him doing it this well, but no one knows.
I still want to believe it was a drug organization type hit. I don't completely buy into the family theory. Dogs are not hard to distract with meat.
So my theories are either drug organization (maybe related to other murders), or CG.

Maybe KR, CR, and all of them had been threatening whomever had abused HR. Maybe they were very protective of her. I don't know who abused her, but on her social media it appears someone did. Also, CG's sister stayed with the Rhoden family, so if it was him that was abusive (and I don't know) then it would make sense he punished them all. Gilley makes sense in every aspect, except that with that situation it would be hard to find help, and in DV it would be emotional and hard to not leave evidence. CG is young and I can't see him doing it this well, but no one knows.
I still want to believe it was a drug organization type hit. I don't completely buy into the family theory. Dogs are not hard to distract with meat.
So my theories are either drug organization (maybe related to other murders), or CG.

But the dogs were locked inside the houses. They would have barked before the druggie/mass murderer got into the house to throw them meat.

Two things we cannot get around.
The dogs.
KR.

I am beginning to think there was no other reason to kill KR except to throw LE off the motive. As in "it can't be custody/someone angry at DR/CR2/HR/rejected lover" because why travel 10 miles and kill KR?

Unless KR's death was an opportunistic one by someone who stayed the night with him and knew about the others and decided to pick up some cash he had lying around.

Good post. Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members