OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for everyone. Do you think the murderers are following and reading here? IMO if the perps are locals, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers or employers, then I think they are probably reading everything in these threads. Which totally creeps me out :doorhide:

I think so. I also think LE is scanning this and other threads like the T one also. I too think IP addresses are being checked by LE and could also be checked by one of the killers if they are computer savvy enough(there are people out there in webland that can do this) which makes me kind of thankful mine would be one far away.

One theory I have been playing with is that the primary targets were CR1, FR and KR. That the killers went to DR's first because CR1 was supposed to be there and killed DR and kids to keep them from alerting him before hunting for him at the other trailer. DR's decision to work a double was probably a last minute decision that the killers would not have known about and would not have anticipated.

This theory hinges on the questions: Would CR1 have been at DR's if DR had not worked a double that night? Was that where he would normally have been?

If so then GR would not have been killed at all.

And if this theory is not correct then that means the killers had up to the minute knowledge where everyone was and whether they worked a double or not. If so then this means the killers were close enough to the family to have been informed of DR's last minute decision to work over that night.

Also was that call that DR got at work that night that upset her from CR1 telling her he was not going to be home when she got home that night, but was instead staying at the trailer with GR?

One other question would be did DR tell anyone else other than kids and CR1 about having to work over?
I don't necessarily think that it would have to be someone close to the family. For instance if this was cartel related then they would probably have eyes on every target in order to coordinate the assassinations. In that case they would be aware of who was at work and which trailer. If the hits were to be made at a certain date and time then that would mean anyone who just happened to be in proximity would have been killed so there weren't any witnesses. It is very possible that in that case some members were not on the hit list, but had to be hit nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Question for everyone. Do you think the murderers are following and reading here? IMO if the perps are locals, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers or employers, then I think they are probably reading everything in these threads. Which totally creeps me out :doorhide:

Good question. I think there are two involved. I get the feeling that one is reading here and the other doesn't care.

Unless it truly was a Mexican cartel (who I'm sure couldn't care less what we're thinking) I think there are locals reading these who have direct knowledge of what happened. And yes, very creepy!

To solve this case, you need to shy away from the bizarre (bed bugs and *advertiser censored* fighting cartels that don't exist), and refocus on the basics.

1. Who would want them dead? (money?)

2. Who would gain from having them dead?

3. Who had a grudge.

No such this as a *advertiser censored* fighting cartel.

I did not mean to imply there was a "cockfighting cartel" as such but only used that term loosely to cover what the Department of Agriculture and DHS calls a wide spread organized crime ring.

That there is the existence of such a loosely connected ring is without doubt as I have read articles where cockfighters would travel many miles and many states away with their roosters to go to these events. They have to be hearing about these events in some way, else how would they know where to go? That implies a loosely knit association of cockfighters that knows who to tell to get the news of these events out to the participants and spectators. After all since it is illegal in all 50 states they aren't going to take an ad out in the newspaper or on TV to let those interested in attending know where it is being held.

That these events are violent affairs for both chickens and humans is indisputable. There have been many murders and fights in connection with these events. Most of the time these are because someone felt they were being cheated.

Also when you have an event that is illegal where thousands of dollars are passed though there is going to be those who would kill to get the money taken in that night. After all if you are a promoter and you are robbed who are you going to turn to? Certainly not to LE since the money taken was gained illegally.

I did not mean to be overly frivolous in calling it a "cockfighting cartel". I just did not have another name for such an organization.

Lastly I only brought up the cockfighting angle because of AG Dewine's statements there was evidence of this and also Sheriff Readers statement that he was not investigating cockfighting or dogfighting rings but a murder. He did not rule out cockfighting as the motive but only that he would not be pursuing prosecution of anyone with knowledge of or participating in any such events. This goes hand in had with his statements about people withholding information for fear of prosecution of their own criminal activities.

Yes! For the longest time I couldn't get that out of my head. Now I can't get out of my head that it involves someone who changed their plans that night. From reading a recent post I think someone else has the same idea I do.
May be. Who knows? Of course this is just an idea. I don't know more than what LE and witnesses disclosed in published interviews.

One theory I have been playing with is that the primary targets were CR1, FR and KR. That the killers went to DR's first because CR1 was supposed to be there and killed DR and kids to keep them from alerting him before hunting for him at the other trailer. DR's decision to work a double was probably a last minute decision that the killers would not have known about and would not have anticipated.

This theory hinges on the questions: Would CR1 have been at DR's if DR had not worked a double that night? Was that where he would normally have been?

And if this theory is not correct then that means the killers had up to the minute knowledge where everyone was and whether they worked a double or not. If so then this means the killers were close enough to the family to have been informed of DR's last minute decision to work over that night.

Also was that call that DR got at work that night that upset her from CR1 telling her he was not going to be home when she got home that night, but was instead staying at the trailer with GR?

One other question would be did DR tell anyone else other than kids and CR1 about having to work over?

Where has it been stated that DR got a call at work that night that upset her? I must have missed that somehow.

It seems like we keep circling back on theories that were brought up previously.

Where has it been stated that DR got a call at work that night that upset her? I must have missed that somehow.

I think it was in one of the earlier interviews with her co workers. I can't find it either so will strike that part out of my theory. If anyone else knows which interview maybe they could post the link.

Sorry for not being able to post the link.

I think so too.

Great thoughts! I've also have wondered if maybe they thought CR1 would be at DR's home. I have always felt he was living with DR, at least part time, and hung out, or worked on cars, etc..., at the trailer where GR stayed. I've always wondered who were the last people to see CR1 or GR alive. TR said he spoke to CR1 on the phone that night, iirc, but no time was given. We know, supposedly, the last people to see FR, HG, KR, DR, CR & HR, alive, and an approximate time frame.

I don't necessarily think that it would have to be someone close to the family. For instance if this was cartel related then they would probably have eyes on every target in order to coordinate the assassinations. In that case they would be aware of who was at work and which trailer. If the hits were to be made at a certain date and time then that would mean anyone who just happened to be in proximity would have been killed so there weren't any witnesses. It is very possible that in that case some members were not on the hit list, but had to be hit nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Mex Cartel would leave children to live? Just curious.

several months ago (or longer) someone made just a few posts and they made my skin crawl... so yes, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I figure they probably have.

I keep expecting to come here and see "ARRESTS" added to the title. I'm really surprised nobody has opened their mouths enough by now for arrests to be made. I say that because I think more than one person was involved, and usually, someone tells the wrong person and evetually gets caught.

I don't think it was a Mexican cartel at all, haven't thought that from the beginning. Whoever did this waited for Hanna Rhoden to have her baby before killing them all. It's too close to the birth of her child for that not to be the case, imo.

I don't really have any theories on the whos, whats, or whys of this case, other than they were known to the family. With 8 people murdered, there are just too many possibilities for me to really grab onto one theory and stick with it. It's so frustrating to see it going unsolved for so long. I think LE has an idea, but apparently not enough evidence to arrest them yet. I'm just hoping one of them decides to blab about it soon.

As far as someone involved actually reading all this, to me, that depends on what theory you like best, since we simply don't know who did this. Some people surrounding this family aren't people that strike me as the reading type, and that's about the nicest way I can say it. A couple of people that have been brought up as possibilities strike me as the types that would be following this, though. If the Mexican cartel theory is the one you think most likely, then no, not a chance any of them are reading any of this. If you're like me and haven't really "placed your bet" so to speak, then maybe they killers are reading here, maybe not. It is creepy to think about them actually sitting there reading all of this and saying to themselves, "Oh they are so far off! haha" or "Hmmm, I hope this person doesn't join our local LE anytime soon, or I'm going down."

As someone that hasn't really settled on anything, I do enjoy reading all of y'all's theories.

several months ago (or longer) someone made just a few posts and they made my skin crawl... so yes, I haven't been on here in quite a while, but I figure they probably have.

I always go with the assumption (on ANY thread involving an unsolved case) that they do. They may not actively participate in discussions or even register as a member, but at the very least, I think it's safe to assume they keep tabs on the status of the case and/or occasionally search for any indications that LE may be on to them. The most popular thread on WS will typically pop up on the very first page of any basic Google search. That's usually true for almost every high profile crime.

IMO it's safer to make that assumption, in order to act with an abundance of caution before posting (to ensure the case isn't jeopardized & lives aren't endangered).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep expecting to come here and see "ARRESTS" added to the title. I'm really surprised nobody has opened their mouths enough by now for arrests to be made. I say that because I think more than one person was involved, and usually, someone tells the wrong person and evetually gets caught.

I don't think it was a Mexican cartel at all, haven't thought that from the beginning. Whoever did this waited for Hanna Rhoden to have her baby before killing them all. It's too close to the birth of her child for that not to be the case, imo.

I don't really have any theories on the whos, whats, or whys of this case, other than they were known to the family. With 8 people murdered, there are just too many possibilities for me to really grab onto one theory and stick with it. It's so frustrating to see it going unsolved for so long. I think LE has an idea, but apparently not enough evidence to arrest them yet. I'm just hoping one of them decides to blab about it soon.

As far as someone involved actually reading all this, to me, that depends on what theory you like best, since we simply don't know who did this. Some people surrounding this family aren't people that strike me as the reading type, and that's about the nicest way I can say it. A couple of people that have been brought up as possibilities strike me as the types that would be following this, though. If the Mexican cartel theory is the one you think most likely, then no, not a chance any of them are reading any of this. If you're like me and haven't really "placed your bet" so to speak, then maybe they killers are reading here, maybe not. It is creepy to think about them actually sitting there reading all of this and saying to themselves, "Oh they are so far off! haha" or "Hmmm, I hope this person doesn't join our local LE anytime soon, or I'm going down."

As someone that hasn't really settled on anything, I do enjoy reading all of y'all's theories.

I agree very much with what you are saying.

I don't have a strong opinion either on the who and why. However I hear from LE that with the full help of the people closest to the victims, this case would be solved.

Therefore we could probably narrow it down to a shortlist of less than 20 people. One or two did it, another family member is covering it.

I agree very much with what you are saying.

I don't have a strong opinion either on the who and why. However I hear from LE that with the full help of the people closest to the victims, this case would be solved.

Therefore we could probably narrow it down to a shortlist of less than 20 people. One or two did it, another family member is covering it.

When I say "family member covering" , I am referring to the family of the perp. Might not be same as family of the victims. Reader said "family, close friends, neighbors and acquaintances"

Isn't it odd though that LE hasn't released more information? If they had no idea who did this, then that's typically when they start asking the public for help (I've watched enough episodes of The First 48 to know that lol). The fact that they haven't had to do this perhaps suggests they do have some people of interest but just not quite enough evidence yet to make an arrest. That's probably why Reader made the plea for local people to cooperate. Because that's what they need to advance with the case, not the general public's help. In which case, the killers or those who directed the killers ARE local. He's already said publicly that they've ruled out the Mexican cartel theory.

What do we know about witnesses the night of the murder? I recall hearing that a hunter heard gunshots. Did neighbors hear any? In such a remote area, I wouldn't be surprised of neighbors didn't hear anything.

What do we know about witnesses the night of the murder? I recall hearing that a hunter heard gunshots. Did neighbors hear any? In such a remote area, I wouldn't be surprised of neighbors didn't hear anything.

I thought I read somewhere that turkey hunting season started the same day of the murders. If so, I think it's possible that neighbors heard something but at the time thought it was some hunters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298