OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we all think. Was it professional? Or are we thinking average family member(s) local persons avenue?

I think it was local. I don't think it was about the drugs because that was a long ongoing issue, Kendra R indicated KR had been supplementing his income for a while with it. Unless something occurred to change that situation I don't see it.

I think it was more personal, like a fight with someone.

I am very limited on my knowledge of drugs, how they are produced or sold. I think some posters on here remember me asking about marijuana plants. When someone on here mentioned cutting off parts of the plants, I was dumb enough to ask "well if you cut off the leaves and stalks what is left to sell?" lol. They even sent me pictures to show me what marijuana looks like and what is left to sell after all that cutting.

I guess I just assumed if it was a big operation and since it was plants it would be grown in a field and therefore visible to helicopters and news crews on the scene. I never thought it could be grown indoors but it makes sense since houseplants are. I guess I really need to take time to read up on grow operations.

o/t about fifteen years ago there was a radio show on sunday mornings hosted by a man that owned a greenhouse/garden center in a rural area. He got a call from a guy asking for help with a plant, (cannabis) the host was unfamiliar with the plant. :) It went on for about 15 minutes with the guy describing the plant and all he had done to help it grow better. The guy kept him going for a long time, husband and I were in tears laughing. Evidently someone called another line and alerted them to what was up. They went to commercial and returned with a lady and her problem with her violet. :)

I wonder if anyone who knows anything is also afraid if they come forward they become suspects .

I don't think anyone knows anything, I think if they did they would have come forward long ago. jmo

I am very limited on my knowledge of drugs, how they are produced or sold. I think some posters on here remember me asking about marijuana plants. When someone on here mentioned cutting off parts of the plants, I was dumb enough to ask "well if you cut off the leaves and stalks what is left to sell?" lol. They even sent me pictures to show me what marijuana looks like and what is left to sell after all that cutting.

I guess I just assumed if it was a big operation and since it was plants it would be grown in a field and therefore visible to helicopters and news crews on the scene. I never thought it could be grown indoors but it makes sense since houseplants are. I guess I really need to take time to read up on grow operations.

i was looking for a movie i watched once and came across this [video=youtube;jaijnL9V2qA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaijnL9V2qA[/video] it may help explain a little for you. (not the best example)

Good brainstorming folks, but now I am going to help you focus. I don't think anyone has pictured the possible connection between the i) people not being truthful, ii) the evidence warehouse, iii) the Kendra Rhoden story and iv) the Jody Barr/Charlie Reader row.

1) in November, Chris Graves reported law enforcement believed some people close to the victims were not being truthful.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-rhoden-case-have-not-been-candid/94294522/

We don't know who is lying, but it's fair to assume a number of family members are under pressure

2) Few weeks earlier, Jody Barr broadcasted an interview with Kendra Rhoden and Stacie Rigsby about the evidence warehouse

*https://youtu.be/3dLUvX8ykbc

I) Are you convinced by the words and body language of the interviewee?
Ii) Why is Kendra Rhoden so frustrated with law enforcement?
Iii) Why is Stacie Rigsby eluding at evidence that could be planted there?
Iv) Why participate in this story that could seriously hamper conviction of the killer?

Near the end Jody Barr wraps it up and says "believe or not....". Makes me wonder if he believed himself what he had just recorded.

As a viewer, I was not convinced at all. This is IMO, the most important footage of the last 10 months. I want some reactions here.

Please get out of the illegal business paradigm and think family for once

To me, the body language seems a bit sketchy, but it could be nerves.

There's a later article where she relates to a reporter
[FONT=&quot]NBC4 reached out to the Rhoden Family and they declined to do an interview on camera.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]However, Kendra Rhoden did tell NBC4 they are proud to have Sheriff Reader in office and that he’s doing a great job working with their family.
[/FONT]
http://nbc4i.com/2016/12/28/pike-co-sheriff-sworn-in-vows-to-solve-rhoden-family-killings/

My guess is that SR does not trust LE. Not just this LE.
If they knew the warehouse wasn't being guarded before the story broke, and they thought it was b/c of a break (?), I'd have been burning the phones up from local LE all the way to Dewine's office. They drove by it twice each day.
Maybe they paid them to participate in the story?

o/t about fifteen years ago there was a radio show on sunday mornings hosted by a man that owned a greenhouse/garden center in a rural area. He got a call from a guy asking for help with a plant, (cannabis) the host was unfamiliar with the plant. :) It went on for about 15 minutes with the guy describing the plant and all he had done to help it grow better. The guy kept him going for a long time, husband and I were in tears laughing. Evidently someone called another line and alerted them to what was up. They went to commercial and returned with a lady and her problem with her violet. :)

My SIL was telling some kids to sprinkle pepper on the leaves to make it grow faster. They asked if a certain brand worked better...lol

i was looking for a movie i watched once and came across this [video=youtube;jaijnL9V2qA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaijnL9V2qA[/video] it may help explain a little for you. (not the best example)

My goodness. They could have a major operation anywhere. Maybe I should take a closer look at my next door neighbor with his huge deck. Maybe not though, he is a psychiatrist, he probably has all those hallucinogenic drugs. lol

My goodness. They could have a major operation anywhere. Maybe I should take a closer look at my next door neighbor with his huge deck. Maybe not though, he is a psychiatrist, he probably has all those hallucinogenic drugs. lol
right, i still dont think it had to do with the growing op, (maybe the money) but i just thought you could use an example of what can be done.

Good brainstorming folks, but now I am going to help you focus. I don't think anyone has pictured the possible connection between the i) people not being truthful, ii) the evidence warehouse, iii) the Kendra Rhoden story and iv) the Jody Barr/Charlie Reader row.

1) in November, Chris Graves reported law enforcement believed some people close to the victims were not being truthful.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-rhoden-case-have-not-been-candid/94294522/

We don't know who is lying, but it's fair to assume a number of family members are under pressure

2) Few weeks earlier, Jody Barr broadcasted an interview with Kendra Rhoden and Stacie Rigsby about the evidence warehouse

*https://youtu.be/3dLUvX8ykbc

I) Are you convinced by the words and body language of the interviewee?
Ii) Why is Kendra Rhoden so frustrated with law enforcement?
Iii) Why is Stacie Rigsby eluding at evidence that could be planted there?
Iv) Why participate in this story that could seriously hamper conviction of the killer?

Near the end Jody Barr wraps it up and says "believe or not....". Makes me wonder if he believed himself what he had just recorded.

As a viewer, I was not convinced at all. This is IMO, the most important footage of the last 10 months. I want some reactions here.

Please get out of the illegal business paradigm and think family for once

There's a lot to review in those interviews. Will take another look and see what I can come up with.

No, there's still something wrong with the way this case is being handled. It's very unusual and I'm not sure there are going to be arrests anytime soon. At this point, there's no reason to abandon theories about illegal activities or businesses. Even DeWine seems sure of that.

There's a lot to review in those interviews. Will take another look and see what I can come up with.

No, there's still something wrong with the way this case is being handled. It's very unusual and I'm not sure there are going to be arrests anytime soon. At this point, there's no reason to abandon theories about illegal activities or businesses. Even DeWine seems sure of that.

I was not suggedting that we abandon theories about illegal activities but we rather pay a little more attention at the family angle. Because they are a family

To me, the body language seems a bit sketchy, but it could be nerves.

There's a later article where she relates to a reporter
[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
http://nbc4i.com/2016/12/28/pike-co-sheriff-sworn-in-vows-to-solve-rhoden-family-killings/

My guess is that SR does not trust LE. Not just this LE.
If they knew the warehouse wasn't being guarded before the story broke, and they thought it was b/c of a break (?), I'd have been burning the phones up from local LE all the way to Dewine's office. They drove by it twice each day.
Maybe they paid them to participate in the story?

Fair point. It's quite possible they were tricked in expressing frustration to serve the editorial line of Jody Barr.

A last bit on the Jody Barr interview

*http://m.fox19.com/fox19/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:8ttSkgGS

Hanna had named Kendra the godmother of her newborn, Kendra said. The proof, according to Kendra, is written inside the cover of a bible Hanna kept in her bedroom.
.... there’s a reason I was not there,” Kendra said, “So, there’s a reason I’ve got to keep going.”
....That reason, Kendra said, was to fulfill her promise to her cousin to take care of her newborn daughter in case something ever happened to her
...Neither ever dreamed that scenario would ever really come true.
...“Every day I feel like I failed her and I feel like I failed K and S.”
...“Somehow God intervened because he knew one of us had to be here and why he chose me to be here, I don’t know and I don’t feel like that it was right because Hanna had so much. Those two little girls. They have to grow up without their mom now. So, every day I feel guilt,” Kendra said.

Plz excuse all the maybe's in there.Didn't sleep well last night been up since 1 am. 😫

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Good rest. Sounds like you have a writer schedule. I am not sure to grasp what you meant

Interesting to watch this interview with DeWine about another cold case in Pike County involving people shot in their beds, while asleep

http://www.10tv.com/article/cold-case-couple-murdered-their-bed

So much of this interview sounds so familiar.

It's eerie how similar this is. LE statements and answers to the questions are almost identical.

The only thing missing from the Rhoden Case vs this case (and Newsome and Eapmons) is the prescription pill connection....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not suggedting that we abandon theories about illegal activities but we rather pay a little more attention at the family angle. Because they are a family

For those considering this crime was committed by family members, why would Dept. Of Homeland Security be involved in the case? There's no assistance they provide that couldn't be offered by another government agency if this were strictly a domestic criminal case.

For those considering this crime was committed by family members, why would Dept. Of Homeland Security be involved in the case? There's no assistance they provide that couldn't be offered by another government agency if this were strictly a domestic criminal case.

The investigation of a complex case like this one is never "just domestic" or "just organized crime". All tracks are explored. People call in to report all kinds of things. This is what lead to the arrest of JR. So when 700 leads are provided in an investigation, at some point Homeland Security is involved.

But in the end this case could end up as domestic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member