OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think out loud again. I've been obsessing over this case lately, playing out the events in my head.

Regarding the 4 crimes scenes being moved and stored... I recently watched a YouTube video with the pastor driving along UHR while being videoed. At the very beginning, the man interviewed (I think he was with the DAs office) stated that the homes were moved to preserve evidence.

Ok, so what could that be? Something LE doesn't want exposed?

Early on, one of those interrogated was a young black male, right? And the sheriff stated something to the effect that the killer(s) did everything to interfere with the case. Could it be that the killers wrote racist things on the walls in order to mislead LE and have them suspect the young man? If that were the case, I could definitely understand LE not wanting family to enter the homes and see this. Imagine what could have happened if that young man had been set up.

For the sake of demonstration without too much ideological controversy, let's imagine that idea to be "animal cruelty".

I dont know if anyone ever killed humans for the motive of "animal cruelty" but I would imagine the ritual of death and the crime scene to be horrific. There would be messages and blood all over. The whole crime scene would be the evidence of that ritual of death

LE would be packing a large part of the scene and make the weirdest statements. We'd be all speculating on what they did wrong to deserve death only to discover it was because they had fighting *advertiser censored*.

Now replace the "animal cruelty" ideology with other ideas more relevant to the environment of the victims. The ritual of death would consist in killing the victims as they lay in bed. If not, drag them back into their bedroom and cover them. Like a funeral.

Canaille,
About "killers interfered", could we get a link please? How early this was detected?

I think when these murders were first discovered, and PCSD started the initial investigation, they collected 19 pieces of evidence. Then BCI arrived on the scene, and they collected another 60 pieces of evidence. During the first presser, AG Mike said the murderers had done everything they could to to remove evidence from the crime scenes to make the investigation more difficult for LE. (Not a direct quote).

Not meaning this to sound snarky, at all, however, I live in an area where strange cars go down to our back neighbors home. I don't feel the need to go back there and check on them though. I might make note of the vehicle but that's about it. It seems KR's neighbor (DH) was more concerned about KR's welfare than some other folk, and more-so than KR himself.

KR was said to be paranoid, yet didn't even fix his trailer's interior door lock, yet he had cameras (for what? so he could call LE and tell them someone stole his pot?).
If KR used the cameras to see if someone was snooping around his place, then the cameras didn't work very well for him, b/c he either didn't check them, or they didn't show anyone he was concerned about.
KR had a pit who obviously hated people in uniform but was fine with DS.
KR was said to have slept w/a gun, which, he had no time to get to and use, w/o a lock on his door, and a pit who was fine with the intruder(s), unless the assailant was already in the trailer hanging out with KR and the pit.

We have folks in strange vehicles stop by and no one ever comes to check on us. It's honestly none of their business and none of ours who visits them. If they ask us to watch their property, that's different.

Where was it noted that KR didn't have a functioning interior door lock?

I was going by 1ofthefew's posts #739 & #743 of this thread.

I never took that padlock to mean the door wouldn't lock from the inside. That was for when he wasn't home. The door may have locked normally from the inside...

I never took that padlock to mean the door wouldn't lock from the inside. That was for when he wasn't home. The door may have locked normally from the inside...

That was my assumption until 1of's posts.

Post #743, Jax49 basically asks that, and 1ofthefew says;

...it would mean it wouldnt work from either direction, hence he added a padlock to the outside as his only form of securing the residence while away....

Early on in some of the early pressers, Reader and DeWine stood and said how organized this crime was and it was cartel and there were large marijuana grows. Scared everyone including someone offering a big reward, we will never know if other rewards would have been offered.
No one wanted involved. They scared them off!

THEN some time later, they come out and say....no...there wasn't cartel involved. Oh and no large grows, some plants. And the killers were close.

There are people not being candid, they best come to us or we will go to them and bring them in. Words to that effect. Uhhh...that's been a few months and everything is quiet.

8 people murdered, coming up on 10 months. Babies in foster care because they are still in danger and can't be released to family.

Reader says he can't say more without jeopardizing the case. Horse feathers! The money that has been spent he OWES all of us an update, an honest one.

Someone other than Fox 19.

Not meaning this to sound snarky, at all, however, I live in an area where strange cars go down to our back neighbors home. I don't feel the need to go back there and check on them though. I might make note of the vehicle but that's about it. It seems KR's neighbor (DH) was more concerned about KR's welfare than some other folk, and more-so than KR himself.

KR was said to be paranoid, yet didn't even fix his trailer's interior door lock, yet he had cameras (for what? so he could call LE and tell them someone stole his pot?).
If KR used the cameras to see if someone was snooping around his place, then the cameras didn't work very well for him, b/c he either didn't check them, or they didn't show anyone he was concerned about.
KR had a pit who obviously hated people in uniform but was fine with DS.
KR was said to have slept w/a gun, which, he had no time to get to and use, w/o a lock on his door, and a pit who was fine with the intruder(s), unless the assailant was already in the trailer hanging out with KR and the pit.

We have folks in strange vehicles stop by and no one ever comes to check on us. It's honestly none of their business and none of ours who visits them. If they ask us to watch their property, that's different.

IMO, since I don't have a link for this; KR wasn't paranoid mostly 1- since he slept with a gun and 2- would assume any intruder wouldn't be friends or family, therefore brownie would attack them and at least wake him up. and I think cameras were mostly for show, though media said they were all taken from the site by the perps. Also, most country folk out here do ask or don't mind neighbors to come and check up when things seem odd.

Early on in some of the early pressers, Reader and DeWine stood and said how organized this crime was and it was cartel and there were large marijuana grows. Scared everyone including someone offering a big reward, we will never know if other rewards would have been offered.
No one wanted involved. They scared them off!

THEN some time later, they come out and say....no...there wasn't cartel involved. Oh and no large grows, some plants. And the killers were close.

There are people not being candid, they best come to us or we will go to them and bring them in. Words to that effect. Uhhh...that's been a few months and everything is quiet.

8 people murdered, coming up on 10 months. Babies in foster care because they are still in danger and can't be released to family.

Reader says he can't say more without jeopardizing the case. Horse feathers! The money that has been spent he OWES all of us an update, an honest one.

Someone other than Fox 19.

If they feel it interferes in any way, then I'm fine with no update. However, what they do release to the public, it would be nice if they'd be consistent. I realize it was early on in the investigation, but, I'd rather them say "No comment", and update us when they know more. This way, it makes them look incompetent. I'm not implying that they are incompetent, but, they do need to work on their press skills a bit.

IMO, since I don't have a link for this; KR wasn't paranoid mostly 1- since he slept with a gun and 2- would assume any intruder wouldn't be friends or family, therefore brownie would attack them and at least wake him up. and I think cameras were mostly for show, though media said they were all taken from the site by the perps. Also, most country folk out here do ask or don't mind neighbors to come and check up when things seem odd.

That still shows that he wants to ward someone off, even if the cameras are fake. Again, he had a dog: That vicious pit did KR zero good, but it nearly ate those cops up, until DS went to her to calm her. DS said the cameras were stolen by the assailant(s). The media got that quote from him. I live in the country. I have a Rottie the size of a shetland pony, in the house, along w/three other dogs, I own firearms, as do my neighbors, some folks may call me paranoid, either way, I have working locks on all of my doors. Down here, I'd never think of going traipsing around over to neighbor's property if a strange car pulls in down the road, or across the lane. People don't just come traipsing across our land if they see a strange car pull in my drive, nor I theirs. I don't mean it in a bad way, but BH must have been very concerned to go across the road when he saw odd cars pulling in and out. But for all of KR's safety measures, and BH checking on him, he leaves off an indoor lock? Doesn't make sense. That last safety measure might have given him enough time to shoot back. He might have been alive today. Unless the person was there with him, hanging out, just good ole buddies. Until they weren't.

BH must not have seen any odd vehicles lately (prior to the murder). I'm sure he's been questioned extensively. Then again, we'd not know if any were seen or not...

April 28,2016

Kenneth Rhoden, who was shot once in the head as he lay in bed, was paranoid about security and had bought a pit bull terrier and installed CCTV cameras around his home.But the killer carefully dismantled several cameras that would have been capable of recording images of all visitors and helped detectives

His cousin Donald Stone, also 44, said Rhoden was worried about security at his camper home and had installed a network of cameras to record and alert him to visitors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

KR doesn't sound like someone who would be without a way to lock his home from the inside.

DS said he had a padlock for locking the outside of the camper. That's how he knew KR was there (and he likely saw his vehicle). With all of these other precautions, it just doesn't make sense that he'd not repair a broken door lock. How did it get broken? Did someone jimmy it prior to this? Honestly, I think the killer was sitting right in there with him, or he hollered "Come on in" as he was getting ready for bed, because he knew them, and possibly expected them.

Has anyone other than DS stated that the dog had to be calmed down when the cops arrived? I'm wondering if anyone else has backed him up on that statement.

Has anyone other than DS stated that the dog had to be calmed down when the cops arrived? I'm wondering if anyone else has backed him up on that statement.

Has anything DS said been verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member