OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.... The family wasn't killed because of blackmail. If they quit paying money then all they would have done was get turned in. This was not a professional hit as they were shot to many times. They would not of needed special training as there is Youtube and other programs that discuss close quarter combat. You would not of needed special weapons, equipment or a silencer to conduct these murders, just a the normal guns. This was not about drugs. This was not about who the babies daddy's are. There is plenty of information out there, just like video games, which some mass murderers visualize that the person shooting is them. This murder was about revenge and maybe how they messed up a relationship with this person or feeling they have lost control with the loss of relationship(s), job, in trouble with the law, and committed these murders to gain control. Look at the social media of family members and see who lost control. This was not about a mob boss or a biker gang but just revenge.

What if the people blackmailing them stood to lose a great deal if CR1 exposed them? Maybe it's just a different version of old school Mafia/organized protection racket. Someone collects the vig in exchange for protection. What if it's a newer version of loan sharking? While MJ is still illegal, growers may need resources to finance expansions in anticipation of legalization.

Organized crime has been long established in this and other areas of Ohio since before the Great Depression. The type of illegal activities and the leaders have changed, but the system remains the same. Its not necessarily the Mafia in charge, but similar organizations.

I know I kind of raised an eyebrow when the Mahoning County sheriff's office came to Pike Co to help with the investigation

https://newrepublic.com/article/68973/crimetown-usa

Perhaps their expertise was helpful? Not sure.

Just trying to figure out this system of no rewards, no information, mixed messages and plenty of hostility towards the community from LE. It's still a mystery to me.

ETA: Here's a good article from last year that takes a view of the Rhoden murders and the MJ/drug trade in southeast Ohio.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/drugs-and-death-southern-ohio/rs7Dmo6fwRTRDG927ZHcNN/

Thank you Thank you. Wow I went there and found a lot of videos about this crime. Especially by someone named "Changing Reason"

BBM, is that someone who posted a video or is that the name of someone who commented? I can't find it... will need to know where to look. Thanks.

I have several different theories/thoughts on what might have happened and sometimes they vary greatly on a daily basis. If we were to believe what we've been told per MSM, it seems as if most of the victims were murdered while they were sleeping/in bed. However, it does sound as if CRSR especially more than than likely put up a fight and possibly Gary too, but I'm undecided as to if they were sleeping when initially confronted but we have been told they were found NOT in their beds. I do NOT find it hard to believe that someone could've walked in and shot at least 6 of the victims while they slept because I would think the majority of us when we first awaken are not thinking clearly and if was to awaken to someone standing over you (possibly with a gun to your head) you wouldn't have time to defend yourself even if you were sleeping with a weapon at the bedside, under your pillow, on the headboard etc. This is what I think happened to at least 5 of the victims - DR, CRJR, HR, FR and HHG. My thoughts vary on KR and for some reason I think his killer had either stayed the night (or at least KR thought they were going to spend the night) or his door was left open to someone he trusted and he too was possibly awoken to someone standing over him and he did not have time either to defend himself.

Now, back to how the killer(s) may have gained access. If it was someone you trusted and/or was familiar with, it could've been a simple knock on the door and were let in. Or possibly killer(s) were guests in the home and/or they were provided with keys to gain access to the homes and that theory IMO means others were involved in the planning process and/or assisting in some way to allow the killer(s) access into the homes. So, with those thoughts in mind, do I necessarily think this would've taken more than 1 person to carry out? Probably 2, especially at DR's where those 3 victims were probably more than likely in separate rooms/beds/areas of the house. Maybe less likely that more than 1 person/killer was needed at FR and HHG's and KR if they were all killed in bed AND they had easy access into the homes, which I still believe they did. And also, I try to keep in my mind that especially at KR's locating him inside the camper would not have been difficult due to small area he was confined in and FR/HHG inside a trailer house probably wasn't difficult either (regardless whether killer(s) were familiar with the trailer layout or not. As compared to DR's, with all the additions, possibly more difficult to locate where those 3 victims where, which is why I think it make have taken at least 2 killers there.

My thoughts/opinion on special training, equipment, etc needed is basically little to none as long as you had access to a weapon and you had easy access into the homes AND at least 6 of the 8 were killed in bed while they slept. Again, especially if you were let in willingly or had easy access either because you were a guest or you were provided keys to get in or you were let in. I mean, how difficult is it to hold a gun to someone's head and shoot them especially if the majority of the victims had just been awoken from sleep and were laying in their beds?

And I also remind myself that from what we've been told 2 of the 4 scenes had late night visitors - for example, a visitor at FR/HHG till 10:30 at night and a visitor at DR, HR and CRJR at 10:30 at night. And I will stop there and not go any further on those thoughts. CRSR and GR's IMO there's so many different options/theories in my mind of things that could've taken place there.

This is all JMO/thoughts/theories..........

I tried to find the Changing Reason Channel on Youtube again and it says it has just been cancelled. I wonder why.

I have several different theories/thoughts on what might have happened and sometimes they vary greatly on a daily basis. If we were to believe what we've been told per MSM, it seems as if most of the victims were murdered while they were sleeping/in bed. However, it does sound as if CRSR especially more than than likely put up a fight and possibly Gary too, but I'm undecided as to if they were sleeping when initially confronted but we have been told they were found NOT in their beds. I do NOT find it hard to believe that someone could've walked in and shot at least 6 of the victims while they slept because I would think the majority of us when we first awaken are not thinking clearly and if was to awaken to someone standing over you (possibly with a gun to your head) you wouldn't have time to defend yourself even if you were sleeping with a weapon at the bedside, under your pillow, on the headboard etc. This is what I think happened to at least 5 of the victims - DR, CRJR, HR, FR and HHG. My thoughts vary on KR and for some reason I think his killer had either stayed the night (or at least KR thought they were going to spend the night) or his door was left open to someone he trusted and he too was possibly awoken to someone standing over him and he did not have time either to defend himself.

Now, back to how the killer(s) may have gained access. If it was someone you trusted and/or was familiar with, it could've been a simple knock on the door and were let in. Or possibly killer(s) were guests in the home and/or they were provided with keys to gain access to the homes and that theory IMO means others were involved in the planning process and/or assisting in some way to allow the killer(s) access into the homes. So, with those thoughts in mind, do I necessarily think this would've taken more than 1 person to carry out? Probably 2, especially at DR's where those 3 victims were probably more than likely in separate rooms/beds/areas of the house. Maybe less likely that more than 1 person/killer was needed at FR and HHG's and KR if they were all killed in bed AND they had easy access into the homes, which I still believe they did. And also, I try to keep in my mind that especially at KR's locating him inside the camper would not have been difficult due to small area he was confined in and FR/HHG inside a trailer house probably wasn't difficult either (regardless whether killer(s) were familiar with the trailer layout or not. As compared to DR's, with all the additions, possibly more difficult to locate where those 3 victims where, which is why I think it make have taken at least 2 killers there.

My thoughts/opinion on special training, equipment, etc needed is basically little to none as long as you had access to a weapon and you had easy access into the homes AND at least 6 of the 8 were killed in bed while they slept. Again, especially if you were let in willingly or had easy access either because you were a guest or you were provided keys to get in or you were let in. I mean, how difficult is it to hold a gun to someone's head and shoot them especially if the majority of the victims had just been awoken from sleep and were laying in their beds?

And I also remind myself that from what we've been told 2 of the 4 scenes had late night visitors - for example, a visitor at FR/HHG till 10:30 at night and a visitor at DR, HR and CRJR at 10:30 at night. And I will stop there and not go any further on those thoughts. CRSR and GR's IMO there's so many different options/theories in my mind of things that could've taken place there.

I don't recall any visitors at DR's house that night. She wasn't home till around 11:00 pm.

I remember reading about this years ago. Something along this line could have happened in the Rhoden case with either BJM or BR's mother being the Type B personality. Child custody played a huge part in this crime.

This is an example of a type B (people pleaser) personality attracting a "knight in shining armor" type A personality. The type A controlling personality sees others as abusing or taking advantage of the Type B personality and rescues them sometimes by killing who they perceive as the abuser. These are usually boyfriend/girlfriend type relationships but can be mother/son or mother/daughter ect. In this case it was lover/cousin.

Click here: Bitter Blood - Wikipedia

Good thoughts and theories. I would think that FR was killed before HHG since she would be less likely to fight back being that she had the baby to protect.

I don't recall any visitors at DR's house that night. She wasn't home till around 11:00 pm.

The father of HRs older child was there at 10:30 to pick up the child. I believe it was stated in the special publication written by Chris Graves (I believe that's the writers name).

BBM
All very good points. If they all were sleeping I think that it's very likely one person, at most two, could have pulled it off. Upon awakening, they don't know what they've heard, they're disoriented, was it a dream, what was that sound? I read this not long ago:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/recognizing-the-sound-of-gunfire

HR's daughter's father came to pick up their daughter around 10:30 (iirc)

Just a comment on KR's padlock and interior lock being broken.... Do we know for sure it was broken? I ask/mention this because as I looked at pics from a vacation we took last summer I saw the padlock on our friend's camper. (Ours was a rental with no padlock) They used it when gone because the regular door one was, in their opinion, too easy to pop. Maybe this is the same for KR? Nothing suspicious.... Just cautious?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The father of HRs older child was there at 10:30 to pick up the child. I believe it was stated in the special publication written by Chris Graves (I believe that's the writers name).

So there was someone at DR's house and FR's house at 10:30 pm that night? One picked up their daughter and one dropped off their son?

Just a comment on KR's padlock and interior lock being broken.... Do we know for sure it was broken? I ask/mention this because as I looked at pics from a vacation we took last summer I saw the padlock on our friend's camper. (Ours was a rental with no padlock) They used it when gone because the regular door one was, in their opinion, too easy to pop. Maybe this is the same for KR? Nothing suspicious.... Just cautious?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Only speculation from what 1ofthefew said, who professed to have close ties w/KR, and some of the other family members. If KR hadn't heard someone trying to jimmy his door, his dog most likely would have. The dog likely would have heard them coming up the steps onto the porch too. My thought is, if it was broken, it was stage dressing, just like the open windows at the other locations. I don't think anyone broke in at KR's. A coon came up on the back porch the other night and my Rott was up and patrolling from window to window. Low growl, no bark. I didn't hear it, but she did.

I don't mean this in a negative way, toward the IN case, as I've been following along on that case too, and it's heartbreaking and I want that found who killed these little girls, and put away, never to walk the earth as a free man again. However, this case had four teens murdered, one only 16, where they were supposed to be the safest, in their homes, and it seems the FBI and all of the big guns that have rolled into Indiana, pretty much don't give a $*** about four teens executed in their sleep, in rural Appalachia. Why?

I don't know, I personally think DeWine and Reader, have told other agencies they they can handle the case and sent them on their way.

Hi guys! Have missed being here and reading posts. Took me awhile to catch up. Please be careful what you download from other sites, you don't know what follow's it! For 3 weeks I have had no computer, it took that long to fix it. Nasty little bugs out there!
Love all the excellent posts you guys on putting on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove