OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
T thought about why they didn't kill the children. I feel it was because the children wouldn't be able to identify them and/or know who might have done this.

Why didn't the kill the dogs?

To me, the bottom line is Who benefited financially by the murders? And Who would be successful in intimidating LE to back off? They've already proven they will kill extended family.

Does anyone benefit financially? I would think that the surviving children would be the beneficiaries.

I don't think this has anything to do with a financial windfall for the perp. 8 family members is telling. Thats a huge risk for a perp to believe he/she would have any type of benefit financially or otherwise with 8 deceased all at the same time . I could see possibly believing that by eliminating one or two individuals, but 8 would be foolish. The perp(s) wanted retaliation for a perceived wrong or wrongs. imo, this was brewing for quite sometime.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Why didn't the kill the dogs?

That's a great question! I've tried to figure out a couple reasons. But the only things I can get behind is the dogs knew the killers or the killers threw hamburgers at the dogs. I don't want to believe that friends or family killed their friends or family. But what if the killer's were threatened if they didn't. Has anybody made a detailed Family Tree?

Does anyone benefit financially? I would think that the surviving children would be the beneficiaries.

Sorry. Actually I meant aside from inheriting money. But I'd like to know that too. I wish I could get a look at LE's wall where they pin up facts under pictures and connect them with cords. Or is this just a TV thing?

I was also wondering if the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit did a profile of the killers? It would be helpful in apprehending the killer, especially as we're coming up on 1 year with no answers.

A profile might be hard to do with out a clear motive. In this case, the broad possible motives of angry business associate, profit oriented mafia type group and a sort of mountain justice could yield very different profiles.

Off topic, but in Union Hill Road, close to where Rhodens lived. We had some NASTY storms last night, tornados touched down, flooding many areas.
Oh Union Hill Road there was an RV tipped over and relocated a few feet where apparently a tornado touched down.

Sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok.

A profile might be hard to do with out a clear motive. In this case, the broad possible motives of angry business associate, profit oriented mafia type group and a sort of mountain justice could yield very different profiles.

Normally, investigators release a profile if they are stumped and need help from the public. I get the feeling that this isn't the case here.

I think the cold case task force is a result of information learned and possibly items found during the Rhoden murders investigation. Killers may have opened a Pandora's box that they did not foresee.

Hello. I have been with you since day one, but rarely post as I have nothing of value to add. One of the things that baffles me is that there have been no leaks . Not from the Sherrif's department, Mr. Dewine's office, BCI, EMS who were on scene, people who worked with the victims, people who work where the trailers are stored, towing company who towed the trailers, hospital staff, church friends, funeral home staff, school mates, relatives close or distant. Not a word. I suspect your president wishes he had access to whatever Pike County uses to stop leaks. I shall continue to pray for justice for these souls.

Almost a year guys. I don't think Dewine or Reader know who did this. They did not accept enough help from the FBI in my own opinion. They focused on locals and haven't released any information for the purpose of the public helping. I don't think they have a clue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

oh, i think they have an idea and i think they are covering and doing their best to kill interest in this case and simialr ones

To me, the bottom line is Who benefited financially by the murders? And Who would be successful in intimidating LE to back off? They've already proven they will kill extended family.

BBM

I want to know that too. Something isn't right. Maybe CR1, GR, KR, & even DR were into stuff they shouldn't and maybe the family was rough around the edges, but the fact is that four teens were murdered nearly one year ago, and the response has been very different than in other locations where teens/children were targeted.

That's a great question! I've tried to figure out a couple reasons. But the only things I can get behind is the dogs knew the killers or the killers threw hamburgers at the dogs. I don't want to believe that friends or family killed their friends or family. But what if the killer's were threatened if they didn't. Has anybody made a detailed Family Tree?

I've got one. If there's someone in particular your looking for I can check. I've got nearly 160 folks on it at this point and it's still hard to keep everyone straight.

I've got one. If there's someone in particular your looking for I can check. I've got nearly 160 folks on it at this point and it's still hard to keep everyone straight.

That's a huge tree!! I don't have a particular person in mind. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go back and make one myself.

The reward for the two girls murdered in Indiana is now $200,000. Indianapolis Colts owner and a player added the latest amount to the reward. I wonder if a larger reward would get people to talk in the Rhoden cases.

They didn't have to. I'm convinced the assailant(s) knew these folks, their homes, and their dogs.

BBM
I think so too. I am beginning to believe that the Rhoden murders and the other three similar murders are connected. One higher up ordering the killings, one enforcer who likes things done a certain way to send a message and as his/her signature but who hires different help for each murder.

I think he/her wants these people to be shot in the head in their beds while sleeping and in the case of CR1 and GR had to drag them to the bedroom to get the desired effect. I think this is done to send the message that "if you cross me you are not safe, not even in your own beds, not even with your dogs, your guns, your cameras. or your locks." Furthermore I think most family and other people in Pike county knows or suspects who it is and they know if they talk they can be next because nothing can protect them.

BBM
I think so too. I am beginning to believe that the Rhoden murders and the other three similar murders are connected. One higher up ordering the killings, one enforcer who likes things done a certain way to send a message and as his/her signature but who hires different help for each murder.

I think he/her wants these people to be shot in the head in their beds while sleeping and in the case of CR1 and GR had to drag them to the bedroom to get the desired effect. I think this is done to send the message that "if you cross me you are not safe, not even in your own beds, not even with your dogs, your guns, your cameras. or your locks." Furthermore I think most family and other people in Pike county knows or suspects who it is and they know if they talk they can be next because nothing can protect them.

I mostly agree. The only difference is IMO, it's the same team doing the murders. They started with the smaller killings and graduated to where they felt they could kill a large number of people. Too many killers increases the likelihood someone will talk or get caught by suspicious friends or family.

Also agree that locals aren't talking for fear they might be next. The curious (and disturbing) part is that they don't feel LE can protect them. That shouldn't be the case if enough LE manpower is put on the case, boots on the ground, so to speak. It doesn't appear that's happened. It seems all that's left to guard the community is the local sheriff's office and maybe some OSP - not enough, IMO.

LE needs to do much, much more to reassure people in the community that they're protected by adequate (and honest) law enforcement. Another good reason to bring in outside help.

BBM

Yes! This is good. It fits everything together. And it's believable. Thank you.

BBM

Yes! I think you are on the right track. Time for LE in all the towns to start working together!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members