OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticeably absent from baby shower is father of baby? Whoever that is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In different regions, that's not something that would necessarily be something the father would attend. It's "just" recently become something that the father might attend in my region.

In different regions, that's not something that would necessarily be something the father would attend. It's "just" recently become something that the father might attend in my region.

Yes, I guess with the younger generations this has turned out to be a thing. They do everything co-ed these days. However, it would be odd for other men to attend and not the father. But we really do not know who attended and who didn't, they may have escaped photos.

I would agree normally and I recently had a baby shower and did not invite men. However, HR's baby shower was clearly co-ed.

I would agree normally and I recently had a baby shower and did not invite men. However, HR's baby shower was clearly co-ed.

He may have not wanted to attend, they may have broken up b/c of the dna test necessity, he may have had to work, he might have been there but not been in any of the photos. Maybe it was awkward, considering there were three possible fathers, so none of them were invited. Idk. We may never know why the father wasn't there.

When I get on here and post my theories, it's just my thoughts I am not accusing anyone of murder or anything. With so little info and facts to go on, it's all I have to contribute to the discussion. What I think "they" would do, how "they" would to this or that. I'm using my thinking though, not the murderers. I remember 20-30 years ago, kids getting killed for their nike's, air jordan's etc.
People kill other people for the stupidest reasons on earth to me. But that's me that's what I think. I try my best to look at this crime as an outsider with as little emotion as I can. You know as cliniclally as I can. When your typing, messaging, sharing on a computer sometimes it doesn't translate as your real feelings and things can be taken the wrong way.
We don't really know anything about what's going on in this case. We only know what we are being told. And let's face it, some of it has been untrue or just not confirmed. It's like the powers that be are just letting everyone run wild with whatever is reported or rumored. Why?
IMO those children "could" already be with family. Most everything on this forum has been speculation in the last few months. I respect everyone's theories, thought's and opinions.

Well, here's some news. The Cincinnati Enquirer has filed a request for "open arguments" for it's case now in the Ohio Supreme Court

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=817852.pdf

Arguing that the case for oral arguments in their next hearing before the court.

Link to public docket

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1115

They're arguing that following the law is a matter of public interest. That sounds harsh in the case of a final autopsy report, but transparency and public access to government information is critical to the average citizen. It's how we hold our governments, elected officials and employees publicly accountable. The public can't be kept in the dark about what's going on in their communities.

The reporters and editors at the Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch wouldn't be bringing these expensive lawsuits if they didn't feel there was an important reason to do so.

Well, here's some news. The Cincinnati Enquirer has filed a request for "open arguments" for it's case now in the Ohio Supreme Court

Arguing that the case for oral arguments in their next hearing before the court.

Link to public docket

They're arguing that following the law is a matter of public interest. That sounds harsh in the case of a final autopsy report, but transparency and public access to government information is critical to the average citizen. It's how we hold our governments, elected officials and employees publicly accountable. The public can't be kept in the dark about what's going on in their communities.

The reporters and editors at the Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch wouldn't be bringing these expensive lawsuits if they didn't feel there was an important reason to do so.

BBM

Good point.

Link to public docket

BBM
While I see your point, and I am not meaning this to sound harsh or snarky, but they've released the cause of death. When/if a trial takes place, the autopsy may be brought to light then. It's not as if anyone in this family, who likely lived at, or below, the poverty line, were running for a high political office, or worked at a government facility with high security clearance, or.worked at a CDC facility where they could have come in contact with some sort of highly dangerous viruses they could have carried out into the public. Iirc, the powers that be, deemed it unnecessary to even perform an autopsy, on Judge Antonin Scalia, one of the most powerful men in our country, to determine and release publicly, the exact cause of death, his stomach contents, odd bruising, any tattoos, and/or piercings, etc... (I'm not a conspiracy theorist, j.s.) I could go on but I'm not going to take this down the elected official/employee accountability path any further. I just don't see how this family's autopsy reports are critical to the transparency of our government. Again, I'm not being a smart@$$, but I just don't see it.

BBM
While I see your point, and I am not meaning this to sound harsh or snarky, but they've released the cause of death. When/if a trial takes place, the autopsy may be brought to light then. It's not as if anyone in this family, who likely lived at, or below, the poverty line, were running for a high political office, or worked at a government facility with high security clearance, or.worked at a CDC facility where they could have come in contact with some sort of highly dangerous viruses they could have carried out into the public. Iirc, the powers that be, deemed it unnecessary to even perform an autopsy, on Judge Antonin Scalia, one of the most powerful men in our country, to determine and release publicly, the exact cause of death, his stomach contents, odd bruising, any tattoos, and/or piercings, etc... (I'm not a conspiracy theorist, j.s.) I could go on but I'm not going to take this down the elected official/employee accountability path any further. I just don't see how this family's autopsy reports are critical to the transparency of our government. Again, I'm not being a smart@$$, but I just don't see it.

i agree. I'm against the reports being released until there is a trial. And if I'm not mistaken, I think the only thing that the media can do if released is write about it. I don't think they are allowed to publish it.

i agree. I'm against the reports being released until there is a trial. And if I'm not mistaken, I think the only thing that the media can do if released is write about it. I don't think they are allowed to publish it.

I believe you are right. All they will get to do is see the autopsy reports, nothing more...

The Ohio Attorney General’s Office has said the state will cover the cost of Dana Rhoden’s funeral — about $7,500, according to our news partner WCPO.

The Cincinnati television station reports Rhoden’s mother, Judy Manley, filed the claim for funeral expenses.

http://www.whio.com/news/state-cove...-county-murder-victim/c9hVFQZJlMyDtNzYp6l4pM/

Okay, so this means the KR, CR1, and GR are the three who have not been paid for. Yet, they go on, in the article to say that
[FONT=&quot]Large-scale marijuana grow operations were discovered at three of the four murder scenes.[/FONT]
Forgive me if I am wrong, but was that not found to be untrue some time ago? I don't see how it could be true b/c they paid for the burials of HG, FR, DR, CR2, and HMR, burials. If there had been large grow operations at either DR's home, or FR & HG's home, then their family would not have received burial assistance from what I gather. So that narrows it down to two homes that might possibly have grow operations. DS said he saw a "tray" of plants in the building at KR's home. There have been conflicting reports of what was found at CR1's home. I honestly don't think the papers are doing due diligence when they are reporting on this case at this point. Forgive me for being frustrated and please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. I'm fixing to go back through all of my data b/c I honestly believe this reporting is incorrect.

Okay, so this means the KR, CR1, and GR are the three who have not been paid for. Yet, they go on, in the article to say that Forgive me if I am wrong, but was that not found to be untrue some time ago? I don't see how it could be true b/c they paid for the burials of HG, FR, DR, CR2, and HMR, burials. If there had been large grow operations at either DR's home, or FR & HG's home, then their family would not have received burial assistance from what I gather. So that narrows it down to two homes that might possibly have grow operations. DS said he saw a "tray" of plants in the building at KR's home. There have been conflicting reports of what was found at CR1's home. I honestly don't think the papers are doing due diligence when they are reporting on this case at this point. Forgive me for being frustrated and please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. I'm fixing to go back through all of my data b/c I honestly believe this reporting is incorrect.

I thought the state had already paid for the funerals. Now they say they are only paying for Dana's... A link in that article says there was an indoor grow op with 200 plants. But no proof was shown that it existed...

Funeral expenses were covered for HR, CR2, FR, and HG. This is dated from back in October 2016 CR1's was still pending.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...to-cover-funeral-costs-for-rhoden-family.html

October 21, 2016[FONT=&quot]
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...all-comfort-for-surviving-family-members.html

[/FONT]
No claims have been filed for their mother and Chris Sr.’s ex-wife, 37-year-old Dana Manley Rhoden or for 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden, Chris Sr.’s brother.

January 21, 2017

When they turned down CR1's bil for expenses:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201701...istance-money-to-family-of-christopher-rhoden

Two days later, authorities said they had found marijuana growing both indoors and outdoors, but have never said how much was found or how sophisticated the operation was.

A claim was recently filed by the family of 37-year-old Dana Manley Rhoden. No claim has been filed for 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden, Chris Sr.’s brother, nor for Gary Rhoden, a cousin, who also both were shot to death that night.

By them turning down CR1's bil's request, that seems to speak to them holding to the rules that if one is found to be involved in illegal activities, no money for burial nor for relative's expenses either. So far, the deceased at all other locations, except KR and no one has filed for him, as of this release, has been approved. If they were approved then how could an illegal operation be going on in their homes? Maybe a couple grams of pot for personal use, but not a full scale operation.

Then there's this:
October 23rd, 2016
Authorities haven’t announced a motive. DeWine’s office has said Christopher Rhoden Sr. “was operating a large-scale marijuana growing operation on his property,” leading some to speculate the killings were drug-related.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...to-cover-funeral-costs-for-rhoden-family.html

Then we have this, again:
Even though pot was found at all locations, Reader says:
"It wasn't because they had a couple little indoor grows..."
http://www.wcpo.com/longform/pike-c...lers-in-rhoden-family-homicides-may-be-locals

If what Reader was saying was truthful, this leads me to believe that there was small amounts of pot for personal use at DR's and FR's and a couple little indoor grows at CR1's and KR's. Likely CR1 had the larger of the two b/c of having more space. If there were grows or dealing situations at the other two locations then the state would not have approved the funds for burial to assist the families (from my understanding of the laws).

BBM

I see your point rsd and respect your opinions. But all the secrecy and past of officials in this county, plus all the careful statements from the (what little we've heard from) from the powers that be, makes me skeptical about what's going on behind the scenes. At this point in time, I just don't trust what's going on. Murderers (as far as I know) are running loose somewhat around my neighborhood and I don't feel safe. As someone else said, I want some answers, some proof that this crime is being solved, I want someone to stand up and be accountable and ease my worries as well as the families and all others interested in justice for this family.

Okay, so this means the KR, CR1, and GR are the three who have not been paid for. Yet, they go on, in the article to say that Forgive me if I am wrong, but was that not found to be untrue some time ago? I don't see how it could be true b/c they paid for the burials of HG, FR, DR, CR2, and HMR, burials. If there had been large grow operations at either DR's home, or FR & HG's home, then their family would not have received burial assistance from what I gather. So that narrows it down to two homes that might possibly have grow operations. DS said he saw a "tray" of plants in the building at KR's home. There have been conflicting reports of what was found at CR1's home. I honestly don't think the papers are doing due diligence when they are reporting on this case at this point. Forgive me for being frustrated and please correct me if I am remembering incorrectly. I'm fixing to go back through all of my data b/c I honestly believe this reporting is incorrect.

This and other misinformation is the cause of my response to your other post. It was not a disagree with your post. For me it's the distrust with what being said and what's being reported. Who knows what the truth really is? That's where my frustration comes from. Some official needs to stand up and tell us what the heck is truly going on in this investigation. At least with the autopsy reports it would explain some things. Time of death, order of death. That's what I want to know. No grisley details , no pictures, I just want some actual true information.

This and other misinformation is the cause of my response to your other post. It was not a disagree with your post. For me it's the distrust with what being said and what's being reported. Who knows what the truth really is? That's where my frustration comes from. Some official needs to stand up and tell us what the heck is truly going on in this investigation. At least with the autopsy reports it would explain some things. Time of death, order of death. That's what I want to know. No grisley details , no pictures, I just want some actual true information.

I completely understand your concern amauet1, and your desire for truthful and transparent information, especially due to your being close to the location that these murders occurred. I know how much I want to see this solved and the assailant(s) brought to justice too, and it is not in my back door, (although it is the first thing that I check each morning and the last that I check each night, to see if anything has come to light).

I believe the murders were carried out in a very short span of time, and because of the short time-frame that they had to accomplish the murders, it will make the time/order of death hard to discern. When you look at the stomach contents, and then combine that with the last times that these folks were said to be seen alive, it can give you some idea of the time that the murders occurred. If it is possible to discern the order of deaths, it may be telling in some way. I'd like to know who was the last to see CR1 and GR, and what time, prior to their murders. What time did DS leave KR's camper?

I am not meaning to imply that you, nor anyone else, who wishes the autopsies to be released, are just morbidly waiting to read the gruesome details. I apologize if that is how my stance has been taken. I do, however, think that is the reason that the newspapers wish to have them released. The paper/website that gets the autopsies first, gets the most "clicks" and video "views".

What I am most frustrated about is that it seems that the AG and Reader are not on the same page, except to withhold information. I realize some information may need to be withheld but, as you pointed out, there's distrust with LE. I'm not slamming LE but all anyone has to do is a simple Google search and the problems that Pike, and other Ohio counties had, with their LE departments are there for the world to see.

Also, how can we be sure that we are not getting more of the same from the papers if the autopsies are released? Even the papers can't seem to keep things straight, and the papers cannot reprint the autopsy reports in full, or take photos to reprint (iirc). I am just a private person and wouldn't want my family members' autopsy details splashed across the papers for the sake of the paper's headlines which is what I think is the media's only reason for wanting access to them.

Finally, if there is anything at all in those autopsy reports that should be kept private for the sake of winning this case at trial then I'm all for keeping them under lock and key. But please don't think that I think you, or anyone else wanting them released, simply wants the gory details. I understand where you are coming from, and I respect your reasons for wanting them released. I just don't think that we'll get satisfaction, from our frustration, through the autopsy reports. However, I could be wrong. If they are released, I hope that I am wrong, and it shakes this whole thing loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove