OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole mystery reminds me of a situation that defies any sound logic
regardless of what stage of the slaughter any one chooses to discuss.
There is one sound and reliable fact that I am always confronted with when
I hear bits of information here and there that attempts to explain this awful
disaster. That information spells out how each victim seemed to have a
date with death..Look at each situation based on the information released
by authorities and you will find that the killer was unusually lucky..For instance,
when a victim lives in a fifth wheel out in the remote woods and he is shot
once in the head , in bed. In my vision,,I see the killer finding out Mr.Stone
planned to spend the night of the killing with the victim and informing him,
Mr.Stone, "Don't do that,go somewhere else" ,and take his Pitt with you and
leave the door to the fifth wheel unlocked..I sight the next gross mystery,,
the killer visits the leader of the family and the leader lets him inside the
trailer..the father ,,knows there is trouble and tries to defend himself and
his cousin, but is shot nine times..The killer is right on his schedule.
He, then, goes to the trailer of a 19 year old mother of a 4 day old baby and
shoots her.The young mother had earlier in the evening had her two year old
child with her ,but her two year old's father came to the mother and picked
up his child to spend the night with him... I could go on and on, but that
is my idea of most unusual activity of a serial killer. I am 84 years old and
my writing skills are in question, so cut me slack, please.

Ray? I sent you a friend request. I'd like to chat. :thinking:

by authorities and you will find that the killer was unusually lucky..For instance,

Agree. Almost everyone had someone who was "supposed" to spend the night at their kin's home that night, w/the exception of CR1 & GR. It's weird. I agree. If it weren't for KR, I'd say say that someone had a vendetta against CR1 and his core family, and GR was just in the wrong place. I'm still leaning that way w/a theory. There's just so many ways this could play out. I, personally, can't see the serial killer side. Now in the two little girls from Delphi, IN, yes, I think there's a really sick dude, running around, who's a sk, who's killed before and will again. Of course, IAMNA LEO, so I've never chased a serial killer, but it seems if the Rhoden/Gilley murders were done by a SK, then he has an odd signature, and this would not be his first go round. There'd be other murders w/a similar sk signature in the database somewhere.

Couldberight:: I can chat,but how do I get to you via friend request?
In addition,someone inform me if HR, brother CRjr,mother DR, were in
the same trailer sleeping in different rooms,HR shot once,CRjr,shot once
mother DR, shot in face several times. Thanks

Shooting women in the face is a really personal hate thing. Whether for that particular woman or not. It has some female hatred going on. Were all the women shot multiple times? Some were, it seems, more bullets than the men.

Number of shots per victim:
CRsr = 9
GR = 3
KR = 1
DR = 5
HHG = 5
HR = I've heard two.
FR = ?
CRjr = ?
_____
32 shots, total, were fired.

Your writing skills are fine and your memory is better. You put it together very well and makes a lot of sence. It truely does seem odd for all those things to happen by coincidence on the same night. Jmo

Could this be as simple as "internal" family fighting? This is just one theory, thoughts or my opinion.

Let's say that the kids in this family fought for their place of importance to their parents. This happens in most families, sibling rivalry, especially in a divorced family (JMO). You have the oldest, who is the one who goes through the learning process of first time parents, later they have more responsibilities than the younger children because they are the oldest. Resentments start here for the oldest. Along comes the second child a girl, who becomes Daddy's little princess. Then along comes the baby, mommy's darling little boy. IMO, the "baby" becomes the most spoiled and gets away with more things than the other children. In this family situation, these things are true. The "older" children feel jealous of the "baby", don't think it's fair and etc, etc. But although the jealous is there, you'd better not touch that baby, because they'll beat the crap out of you for it! They have that right but no one else does!

To me the Rhoden family fits this scene. After Dana and CRsr divorced, she moved away for awhile and took the 2 youngest children with her, leaving FR there with his father. (this is what I've heard or read). Why?

Anyway, I have seen a FB post somewhere, ( I think in the media) between FR, BR, and ChR,(from awhile ago) along the lines of FR being frustrated with his family and how he was being treated at home. Could have been an upset teenager's rant, who knows?
Here's my thinking though: Could there have been a fight that night between the family and some of their so called friends? Could some so called friends/family have "egged" the fight on? Incouraging these family members to do more damage than they had intended to do and for their own reason's for revenge? Could one of the (insider's) be GR? Maybe he didn't like being "taken care of" by CRsr. Maybe he didn't want to quit using,or/and being told what to do and when. Maybe him and whoever was helping deal the drugs thought they were getting short changed for their "work" (especially after seeing someone getting a new home with a lot of money put down on it). IMO. FR could have been in on it. Again he may have gotten jealous over the new home Mommy got and the old one he had to live in. Other things that had happened in the past could have had him already angry and feeling left out. Maybe he didn't like "sharing" everything that in the past was just mostly about him and his Dad. With little jealous birdies whispering in his ear, telling him he had the right to feel this way (for their own reason's) he'd finally had enough and wanted a "show down". Maybe he wanted to get things straight between him and his father once and for all?

Could all the hate, revenge, hurt feelings and greed being felt by the killers that night have caused this "blood bath"? Did some family members have their own reason's for starting this, and the other's have had their own? Could the "plan" the family members that may have been involved in this been only to show the victims they weren't going to take it anymore? While other's in on it, had planned to murder from the get go?
To me, this would explain how they got into the homes, past the dogs, and had the element of surprise on this family. GR or FR could have hidden guns that CRsr had in his homes, they could let in, or invite the others to their homes with no problem. As for some that were supposed to spend the night, they simple could have told them that, that night wasn't a good time to come, because of an emergency "family" meeting. And because this family seemed to keep most of each other informed on what went on in their homes, all the family would know "who" was there. I think some were killed just because they were witnesses.

To me, CRsr was the main target, maybe once they unleashed all that pent-up rage, it got away from them. But I don't think so, they shot Dana in the face, that is very personal! Her and HHG were overkill big time! With CRsr being a big man and a fighter, I can almost understand the overkill, fear. But when it comes to the women and CRjr I just don't, no fear, pure hate was in that.
This is just one of my theories, but it makes the most sense to me. But that's just me.

If I might indulge your time..My take is beginning to take on a series of
circumstances that even I find destible to consider...In my collection of
simple understanding of government reactions to certain situations, I
want to introduce a term called, SHADOW GOVERNMENT..Since I have
been an employee of a small county government, ie.assistant
county commissioner, at one time, I feel that I am able to
relate to the subject of,"Shadow Government"...in the case
of the Rhoden family..To bring my concept to light,, there is
an attitude built in a government that overshadows true justice
in certain circumstances..That is,make sure the decisions
that you make regarding justice takes in consideration
the best interests of the masses...This is a faulty concept
but it exists..If I refer to the Rhoden family in any way while
making my point,,and you object to my reference,, just
realize my description of the Rhoden family is just a
combination of descriptions that has been explained before.
Now to my point, If I can describe the overall features of
the family, the description would be something like lacking
in social values to the point that the government takes on
an attitude that it is best for the masses of voters to not
be that involved in bringing the killer of the family to justice..
How can I say that? Well, look at the reward offered for
the effort to bring the killer to justice,I think the reward is
little over $ 1200.00 per person killed..What a shame?
To the "Shadow Government", employees consider that
there are so many that will be hurt by finding the killer,
that it is best to let the case grow cold and divert the
attention away from the employees. How sad

Amauet1, I think I know where you are going, but let me propose the following:

What if the paternity issue was with CRsr being father of a 4th child?

Let's say Mr X, legal father of child Z, is angry at CRsr because CRsr is the bio father of Z or acting like the father of Z.* Child Z is making distance with father X and it hurts. Especially that X is no longer with the mother of Z.

Let's say that Z is about same age of the Rhoden kids and being good friend with at least one of them.

Mr X has some bad friends, like Mr K with a big record. One night, he decides that's enough pain, he is taking CRsr and his whole family. There would be an explanation for the dogs, HHG and KR but I will not comment. In this scenario, you'd want to protect surviving infants.

To make sense of this scenario,* look at the paternity of HR's and FR's children and move forward 20 years. Consider that in Pike County people have children in their teens, families are complex. It was also the case 20 years ago.

Above is only a speculative scenario. No names please.

Could this be as simple as "internal" family fighting? This is just one theory, thoughts or my opinion.

Let's say that the kids in this family fought for their place of importance to their parents. This happens in most families, sibling rivalry, especially in a divorced family (JMO). You have the oldest, who is the one who goes through the learning process of first time parents, later they have more responsibilities than the younger children because they are the oldest. Resentments start here for the oldest. Along comes the second child a girl, who becomes Daddy's little princess. Then along comes the baby, mommy's darling little boy. IMO, the "baby" becomes the most spoiled and gets away with more things than the other children. In this family situation, these things are true. The "older" children feel jealous of the "baby", don't think it's fair and etc, etc. But although the jealous is there, you'd better not touch that baby, because they'll beat the crap out of you for it! They have that right but no one else does!

To me the Rhoden family fits this scene. After Dana and CRsr divorced, she moved away for awhile and took the 2 youngest children with her, leaving FR there with his father. (this is what I've heard or read). Why?

Anyway, I have seen a FB post somewhere, ( I think in the media) between FR, BR, and ChR,(from awhile ago) along the lines of FR being frustrated with his family and how he was being treated at home. Could have been an upset teenager's rant, who knows?
Here's my thinking though: Could there have been a fight that night between the family and some of their so called friends? Could some so called friends/family have "egged" the fight on? Incouraging these family members to do more damage than they had intended to do and for their own reason's for revenge? Could one of the (insider's) be GR? Maybe he didn't like being "taken care of" by CRsr. Maybe he didn't want to quit using,or/and being told what to do and when. Maybe him and whoever was helping deal the drugs thought they were getting short changed for their "work" (especially after seeing someone getting a new home with a lot of money put down on it). IMO. FR could have been in on it. Again he may have gotten jealous over the new home Mommy got and the old one he had to live in. Other things that had happened in the past could have had him already angry and feeling left out. Maybe he didn't like "sharing" everything that in the past was just mostly about him and his Dad. With little jealous birdies whispering in his ear, telling him he had the right to feel this way (for their own reason's) he'd finally had enough and wanted a "show down". Maybe he wanted to get things straight between him and his father once and for all?

Could all the hate, revenge, hurt feelings and greed being felt by the killers that night have caused this "blood bath"? Did some family members have their own reason's for starting this, and the other's have had their own? Could the "plan" the family members that may have been involved in this been only to show the victims they weren't going to take it anymore? While other's in on it, had planned to murder from the get go?
To me, this would explain how they got into the homes, past the dogs, and had the element of surprise on this family. GR or FR could have hidden guns that CRsr had in his homes, they could let in, or invite the others to their homes with no problem. As for some that were supposed to spend the night, they simple could have told them that, that night wasn't a good time to come, because of an emergency "family" meeting. And because this family seemed to keep most of each other informed on what went on in their homes, all the family would know "who" was there. I think some were killed just because they were witnesses.

To me, CRsr was the main target, maybe once they unleashed all that pent-up rage, it got away from them. But I don't think so, they shot Dana in the face, that is very personal! Her and HHG were overkill big time! With CRsr being a big man and a fighter, I can almost understand the overkill, fear. But when it comes to the women and CRjr I just don't, no fear, pure hate was in that.
This is just one of my theories, but it makes the most sense to me. But that's just me.

BBM

I really do believe it could be inner-family. I'm not sold on the why, or the who, yet, but I can see where you are coming from. Jealousy, greed, rage, you've got three key elements there. Edit: Toss in JK's adultery and paternity issue and there's five key elements. I've a feeling, if we ever do find out what happened, it's going to just blow our collective minds.

BBM

I really do believe it could be inner-family. I'm not sold on the why, or the who, yet, but I can see where you are coming from. Jealousy, greed, rage, you've got three key elements there. Edit: Toss in JK's adultery and paternity issue and there's five key elements. I've a feeling, if we ever do find out what happened, it's going to just blow our collective minds.

I agree. This is why I am so interested in this case. Websleuths is the only place I feel comfortable to discuss it.

I do hope that our conversation contributes in keeping the case alive with the public while family and LE appeal for information.

My thoughts are still drug related. The Pike County Sheriffs Office has been focusing on drugs in the area ever since. Btw, who is JK?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sorry, I used the wrong term in familicide but I think parricide is more of the definition, as it deals with either parents or other close family members, but not children. I still stand behind that it is a close family member that did this. [h=3][/h]

Maybe KR was in on it, and then taken out. Shot, placed in his bed, and money thrown on him.

I agree. This is why I am so interested in this case. Websleuths is the only place I feel comfortable to discuss it.

I do hope that our conversation contributes in keeping the case alive with the public while family and LE appeal for information.
BBM.
Same, I can't tear myself away from it, and WS is really the only place I'm comfortable discussing it too, except family members, who tend to get that "deer in the headlights" look after a certain point, sooo...

Just bringing this forward to aid in discussions about possible suspects. It's a link to the depostion of Pike County Coroner Dr. David Kessler.

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=816546.pdf

In the deposition, Dr Kessler states:

He had no problems sharing the results of the preliminary autopsy report with the families of the victims.

Neither LE or Dr Kessler think the surviving family were suspects in the murders, so they were not concerned about sharing the autopsy reports with them.

The request/order to seal the autopsy reports from public access came from Pike Co prosecutor Rob Junk.

Anyone who hasn't had a chance to read the deposition should take the time to do so. It has some good information in it.

Amauet1, I think I know where you are going, but let me propose the following:

What if the paternity issue was with CRsr being father of a 4th child?

Let's say Mr X, legal father of child Z, is angry at CRsr because CRsr is the bio father of Z or acting like the father of Z.* Child Z is making distance with father X and it hurts. Especially that X is no longer with the mother of Z.

Let's say that Z is about same age of the Rhoden kids and being good friend with at least one of them.

Mr X has some bad friends, like Mr K with a big record. One night, he decides that's enough pain, he is taking CRsr and his whole family. There would be an explanation for the dogs, HHG and KR but I will not comment. In this scenario, you'd want to protect surviving infants.

To make sense of this scenario,* look at the paternity of HR's and FR's children and move forward 20 years. Consider that in Pike County people have children in their teens, families are complex. It was also the case 20 years ago.

Above is only a speculative scenario. No names please.

Are you theorizing that CRSr is the father of ...ok, I'm confused. If CRSr is the biological father of one of his kids, why would that make someone else angry enough to kill 8 people? If you're implying that CRSr was becoming a "father-like" figure to one of his grandkids and that the bio father was angry with that, why not just get legal custody or visiting rights to said child?

If that non-custodial parent is angry about not seeing his child, the Kenneth Rhoden question comes into play. It would be highly unusual to kill several members of a family because of anger over child custody, but why drive all the way out to KR's place to shoot him and leave money strewn across his body? KR probably wasn't that closely involved in the lives and romances of his nieces and nephews.

If the killer were so crazed that he would kill even disinterested Rhoden family members over a child custody matter, why would he stop with KR? Why didn't he keep going down the road to kill other distant relatives in the area?

I understand you don't want to name anyone, but can you clarify a little? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove