OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know the privacy filters on this website before I can give my theory. Being cautious

I don't think it's a matter of privacy filters. It's more of if it violates TOS. From searches I've done in the past, basically anything posted on here can and will pull up in an internet search. Though, I'm not sure if a non-member can view the profile of a registered user.

I'm going to attempt this w/o breaking TOS. I've been pondering this religion angle and I still can't really wrap my mind around the killing of eight people unless it was some kind of cult, and the Rhoden family does NOT remind me of any type of cult followers that I've heard of. They were, imo, like some other families, sort of clannish (living on the family properties, within an arms reach of one another, "Once a Rhoden, Always a Rhoden" motto, fighting in groups for each other, etc...) but that's about it. I don't see them letting a cult leader tell them what to do. However, in reading back through HMR's FB, she does look sad in much of her photos. Many of her posts don't seem happy. Of course she's a teen mom expecting her 2nd child, and unsure of who is the father. I'd be worried/sad too. There is one post that I found, not long before she'd found she was expecting, that led me to believe she'd been visiting a certain church, but had stopped. I'll not go further.

I'm going to attempt this w/o breaking TOS. I've been pondering this religion angle and I still can't really wrap my mind around the killing of eight people unless it was some kind of cult, and the Rhoden family does NOT remind me of any type of cult followers that I've heard of. They were, imo, like some other families, sort of clannish (living on the family properties, within an arms reach of one another, "Once a Rhoden, Always a Rhoden" motto, fighting in groups for each other, etc...) but that's about it. I don't see them letting a cult leader tell them what to do. However, in reading back through HMR's FB, she does look sad in much of her photos. Many of her posts don't seem happy. Of course she's a teen mom expecting her 2nd child, and unsure of who is the father. I'd be worried/sad too. There is one post that I found, not long before she'd found she was expecting, that led me to believe she'd been visiting a certain church, but had stopped. I'll not go further.

I have to agree. I can't see this being caused by religion or religious cleansing, or whatever...

There are so many churches in that county: her church, the new one, the old one, the neighbor's church, her aunt's church, her cousin's church, her boyfriend's church,...

I have to agree. I can't see this being caused by religion or religious cleansing, or whatever...
Agree, this doesn't seem to fit the profile for that type of familicide. It's very rare and usually happens in situations where the cult leader exercises control over the daily lives of his flock by having them live together, for example Jim Jones in Jonestown, Guyana and Branch Davidians. There would be much more evidence in the community that some extreme cult activity was going on. As an example, most of these cults don't allow children to attend public schools.

Many years ago there was a terrible case of religious murders in Kirtland, OH, by cult leader Jeffrey Lundgren. Like other cult leaders, Lundgren attracted negative attention in the community with his mumbo-jumbo . They're usually already on the radar of LE. Lundgren had attracted attention from the FBI.

Doesn't sound like that was happening in Piketon or the general area.

BBM
No. I just don't see that at angle at all. I've been known to be wrong, but, as common as teen pregnancy is, in Appalachia (and other locations as well, not just here), it's not seen as much as a blight on the family or community as it was olden days. In fact, people don't attend church as regularly as folks from outside the region think we do. Like most people around here, when asked if I attend church somewhere, I'd most likely say; Yep. That would probably be classified as a "fib", as we call it, b/c although I do have a church that I attend, when I go, I've not darkened their door in over a year. I read a study that I'm not alone in telling this "fib", in this region. :blushing: I was kind of surprised. lol What I was thinking was that possibly she'd been seeing someone in that church, that she'd stopped visiting. I still can't wrap my head around murdering eight people b/c you got a girl pregnant. It would be much simpler to murder the girl and stash the body in the mountains. People go missing in these mountains all of the time. It's nuts. Not that I'm saying that should have been his solution by any means. Just that if you're willing to kill eight people it seems making someone go ghost would have been much simpler. Idk. It also seems some other friend would know this 3rd guy's identity.

my theory
couldberight
to speak on the religion aspect. Revenge from that angle could open pandora's box. Hmr, newborn, paternity, blackmail. Pillar of the community.

Revenge, paternity, blackmail, etc... All of those I can see. I was looking at it from a solely religious standpoint. Like a cult type thing. Blackmail can lead folks down a dangerous path.

I am enjoying the conversation: You bet..You folks would know. Does some
mothers get depression after a birth and worry that they will not be able
to live up their expectations.love this..

Agree, this doesn't seem to fit the profile for that type of familicide. It's very rare and usually happens in situations where the cult leader exercises control over the daily lives of his flock by having them live together, for example Jim Jones in Jonestown, Guyana and Branch Davidians. There would be much more evidence in the community that some extreme cult activity was going on. As an example, most of these cults don't allow children to attend public schools.

Many years ago there was a terrible case of religious murders in Kirtland, OH, by cult leader Jeffrey Lundgren. Like other cult leaders, Lundgren attracted negative attention in the community with his mumbo-jumbo . They're usually already on the radar of LE. Lundgren had attracted attention from the FBI.

BBM
Looked him up. Weird. Had to have a mesmerizing personality. Dang.

I am enjoying the conversation: You bet..You folks would know. Does some
mothers get depression
after a birth and worry that they will not be able
to live up their expectations.love this..

BBM
Absolutely. IANADR but, from my understanding, it can hit any new mother. They may not get it with the first baby, but get it with the 2nd, or 3rd... If they do, they're more likely to develop major depression later in life. If they've already had a history of depression they might be more pre-disposed to getting postpartum depression.

BBM
Absolutely. IANADR but, from my understanding, it can hit any new mother. They may not get it with the first baby, but get it with the 2nd, or 3rd... If they do, they're more likely to develop major depression later in life. If they've already had a history of depression they might be more pre-disposed to getting postpartum depression.

I don't know if what we see in the pictures is depression or just a lack of self-confidence. Selfies are not for everyone.

Ok. Good point regarding the level of control.

I think it's good our conversation explores every angle. Hopefully we'll know the motive soon.

Anybody notice that JR is back in Pike Co jail? He must not of showed up for a court date.

I don't know if what we see in the pictures is depression or just a lack of self-confidence. Selfies are not for everyone.

BBM
I'm a perfect example of that. Rarely take them of just "me" (of course they aren't selfies if you have other people in the picture, are they? lol)

It just seems her earlier ones looked sunnier. I don't really think she looked depressed as much as there seemed to be a sadness in her eyes. To me, anyway. The eyes are the window to the soul.

This whole mystery reminds me of a situation that defies any sound logic
regardless of what stage of the slaughter any one chooses to discuss.
There is one sound and reliable fact that I am always confronted with when
I hear bits of information here and there that attempts to explain this awful
disaster. That information spells out how each victim seemed to have a
date with death..Look at each situation based on the information released
by authorities and you will find that the killer was unusually lucky..For instance,
when a victim lives in a fifth wheel out in the remote woods and he is shot
once in the head , in bed. In my vision,,I see the killer finding out Mr.Stone
planned to spend the night of the killing with the victim and informing him,
Mr.Stone, "Don't do that,go somewhere else" ,and take his Pitt with you and
leave the door to the fifth wheel unlocked..I sight the next gross mystery,,
the killer visits the leader of the family and the leader lets him inside the
trailer..the father ,,knows there is trouble and tries to defend himself and
his cousin, but is shot nine times..The killer is right on his schedule.
He, then, goes to the trailer of a 19 year old mother of a 4 day old baby and
shoots her.The young mother had earlier in the evening had her two year old
child with her ,but her two year old's father came to the mother and picked
up his child to spend the night with him... I could go on and on, but that
is my idea of most unusual activity of a serial killer. I am 84 years old and
my writing skills are in question, so cut me slack, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove