OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dozens of state investigators and members of the Pike and Adams counties sheriff’s offices searched a farm at 260 Peterson Road, just off of Highway 32 for nearly 10 hours Friday. A team of investigators also combed through items that appeared to be stored in trailers parked at a car lot on Highway 41 in rural Peebles. Authorities did not search that property’s barn, home or land, but rather focused on horse trailers and trailers. Those trailers appeared packed with boxes and other household-type items.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

They didn't search the barn, home or land? They only searched the trailers. That's crazy!

Rumor about a trailer...

I've just been checking in sporadically while doing other things, so I'm sure I probably just missed it. Several posters keep mentioning "digging". Has a reputable source actually said they were digging, as opposed to "just" searching?

I saw a video, online, of a dude digging in what appeared to be a garden of some sort. I'll try and dig around and find it. (npi...)

Marc Gofstein, spokesman for the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, said Pike County authorities requested that specialized team’s help for the sole purpose of looking for suspects, but they did not find anyone. He declined to provide the address of the search or the name of the person or people they were searching for.

“Our job was to search for suspects and none were (at the) house or property,” Gofstein said. “Our role was to secure suspects … We were acting on their warrant.”
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Exactly..that is what SWAT does. I am disappointed this has ended with a thud. I know they can make an arrest on a secret indictment, BUT was this a secret indictment? They go out there and do all this business today, and kaput. I believe if they have enough for an arrest (which is what I understand they were trying to do), I feel they should be obligated to put a name out here. I for one, living locally to this nightmare am sick and tired of being told not to worry. I think the public has a right to know, because they sure did let the suspect know they are looking for them! What you all think?

From yesterday's helicopter view here you can see them searching the dirt in the square section in the yard. Also on the other side of the house you can see boards removed from the back deck but no one searching there. Had they already been there, did the new owners find something while making repairs or purely coincidental? Thoughts?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

Thank you! That's the one that I saw yesterday.

I have some sort of horrid virus/flu bug, and it's affecting my entire being, so, I don't remember if I posted this, or if maybe I posted it and it was possibly removed, (If it's against TOS, I apologize in advance, I just can't remember.), or it may be out here twice now, but I kept it b/c I found it very interesting. I'll just say that there is some interesting info in this article that I'd not heard/read before. :flu:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

I have some sort of horrid virus/flu bug, and it's affecting my entire being, so, I don't remember if I posted this, or if maybe I posted it and it was possibly removed, (If it's against TOS, I apologize in advance, I just can't remember.), or it may be out here twice now, but I kept it b/c I found it very interesting. I'll just say that there is some interesting info in this article that I'd not heard/read before. :flu:

Hope you're feeling better soon. Get some rest.

Chris Graves said she was going to update this story, wonder if this is her latest update?

"The Franklin County Sheriff’s spokesman got it wrong on this. I will acknowledge that,'' said Marc Gofstein. Gofstein said his SWAT commander texted him Saturday night with the correction. Gofstein immediately contacted The Enquirer to clarify.

The Enquirer asked Gofstein three different times if SWAT officers were looking for suspects instead of evidence in the case. Each time, he said they were. He did not take issue with The Enquirer's reporting.

Will have to look at that video of the "convoy" going through the intersection to look for SWAT vehicles.

Kind of irrelevant at this point. The people they were looking for are gone, according to earlier news reports.

I don't know about the article, but I sure would like some of whatever you are taking!
:happydance:

Does anyone think that it is strange that the other children are in care because they may be in danger, but they were not harmed when the shooters were killing their parent's, but the Wagner child was not in danger?

Hope you're feeling better soon. Get some rest.

Chris Graves said she was going to update this story, wonder if this is her latest update?

Will have to look at that video of the "convoy" going through the intersection to look for SWAT vehicles.

Kind of irrelevant at this point. The people they were looking for are gone, according to earlier news reports.

I don't think they were out there digging in the dirt to try and find a suspect(s)... I'm not buying that. That's not what I found so interesting though. I don't know if it's true info or not b/c it's the first time that I've heard it but it's further on down. It's in the section labeled Previous Reporting. Ya'll may have seen it already seen it, I've been having trouble keeping up today.

ADMIN NOTE: In light of this search which appears to have been confirmed as related to the Rhoden family murders, you may begin sleuthing the property. Mind where the line is tho. Right now discuss what is public record about the property. DO NOT sleuth the owners or their friends and family. That must wait until we have a named suspect or some indication from LE that someone specific is up for sleuthing.

Thank you

(and may I say WOO HOO - a break?!?!)

Finally!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they were out there digging in the dirt to try and find a suspect(s)... I'm not buying that. That's not what I found so interesting though. I don't know if it's true info or not b/c it's the first time that I've heard it but it's further on down. It's in the section labeled Previous Reporting. Ya'll may have seen it already seen it, I've been having trouble keeping up today.

The part about the warrant, maybe? Or that Grandmother Wagner said she hadn't heard about the other searches?

I don't know about the article, but I sure would like some of whatever you are taking!
:happydance:

:laughing: I needed a laugh before I pass from this world. :angel:

The part about the warrant, maybe? Or that Grandmother Wagner said she hadn't heard about the other searches?

We've been waiting to hear about who three of them are. If this article is accurate we know who one of them isn't.

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner are the parents of an older daughter, XXXXX Wagner, who is now 4. Wagner won custody of the toddler last summer. He is not the father of XXXX (the five day old) who had been in state custody after the slayings.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/12/investigators-search-farm-10-miles-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

So did LE do a dna test and determine he wasn't the father or did he just say he wasn't the father? Why wasn't the five day old baby placed with her biological father's family (since CPS didn't put any kids with the Rhodens)?

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner are the parents of an older daughter, XXXXX Wagner, who is now 4. Wagner won custody of the toddler last summer. He is not the father of XXXX (the five day old) who had been in state custody after the slayings.

So did LE do a dna test and determine he wasn't the father or did he just say he wasn't the father?

Bingo! Idk. It's the first I've heard this information. RayPate (WS poster) said that he'd read that there's a hearing coming up in August re; the paternity/custody. Idk if it's one or both. I don't think he had a link and I swear I couldn't find one right now if it bit me on the ankle.

Hasn't it already been established that he is not the father of the 4 day old? I get so mixed up between fact and rumour.

On Pike County Sheriff's Facebook page, Sheriff Reader's statement this evening:

We conducted an operation with BCI, Franklin County Sheriff's Office, the STARR team from ODRC, OSHP, the 23 Pipeline Major Crimes Task Force, and was assisted by Waverly Police Department and the Piketon Police Department. I will not comment on the particulars of the operation. I want to thank all the agencies for assisting in the operation today.

BBM

IIRC the 23 Pipeline Major Crimes Task Force is a multi-agency task force that focuses on drug runners that operate along US 23, known as a major pipeline for drug trafficking.

Bingo! Idk. It's the first I've heard this information. RayPate (WS poster) said that he'd read that there's a hearing coming up in August re; the paternity/custody. Idk if it's one or both. I don't think he had a link and I swear I couldn't find one right now if it bit me on the ankle.

Sounds like paternity test were done and he was deemed not to be the father. That is new information to us, likely a leak or misreporting. Perhaps there was a potential he may have been bio dad but was tested and deemed not to be. Just my thoughts as we work through all the new info. Hang tight- they became close lipped but this is still more than we ever knew for 1 years time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member