OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the crime scenes --- 4077 Union Hill Road and 799 Left Fork Road -- appear to be connected to Flying W Farms by the clearing created by the power lines.

attachment.php

So the Flying W Farm is not on Peterson Road? Peterson Road is west of the Union Hill address. The powerline right of way would not work as access from Peterson Road.

Parental thing?

The way he says "thing" is different in the "child custody thing". I don't know! It sounds like "preparation tag", to me, but that makes NO sense, so I'm sure that can't be it.

Just re read this article from the early days of the investigation.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/ohio/rhoden...

Didn't think much of this quote then, but now it sticks out like a red flag:

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner shared custody of Sophia, who was supposed to be with her mom that fateful Friday evening, he said. But Wagner picked her up a day earlier than normal: "I reckon we missed it by just hours."

Awfully big coincidence that he just happened to pick his daughter up a day early for his visitation. The day before the murders occurred inside a house his daughter should have been at.

Hanna Rhoden and Wagner shared custody of Sophia, who was supposed to be with her mom that fateful Friday evening, he said. But Wagner picked her up a day earlier than normal: "I reckon we missed it by just hours."

Awfully big coincidence that he just happened to pick his daughter up a day early for his visitation. The day before the murders occurred inside a house his daughter should have been at.

I'm new to this case, just read this article yesterday and I had the exact same thought.

Though I can't read this article for some reason, I read a different article yesterday and it said he picked up the child at 10:30 PM that night. If it was 10:30 PM - that is very late! I wonder why he picked the child up early (the reason) and why so late in the night.

He may have been the last person to see HR alive, outside her family and the perpetrators. I would imagine LE took note of this.

i would think that quote would have sent up red flags to LE the minute they heard it. "Why was she picked up a day earlier than planned? Did you often pick her up early? Had you ever picked her up early?" Etc.

So the Flying W Farm is not on Peterson Road? Peterson Road is west of the Union Hill address. The powerline right of way would not work as access from Peterson Road.

Flying W Farm is on Camp Creek Rd.

i would think that quote would have sent up red flags to LE the minute they heard it. "Why was she picked up a day earlier than planned? Did you often pick her up early? Had you ever picked her up early?" Etc.

It probably did at the time. Maybe he's been their top suspect since the beginning but couldn't get anything solid enough to obtain a search warrant.

And now perhaps someone with knowledge of the murders was arrested recently on other charges (say drug trafficking) and wanted to make a deal. What better golden ticket to have than to give investigators the solid evidence they needed to get a search warrant for his property?

They've executed many searches thus far and none of those had the visible show of force that they showed here. They've got something. That was a supremely confident show of force by LE IMO.

Here's a thought. While it is difficult to believe that 8 people would be murdered over a child paternity or custody matter, what if more than one issue contributed to this crime?

it seems that this family had several possible conflicts with others in the area.

For example, perhaps one person was publicly complaining about the demolition derby conflict, another person joined in griping about child paternity or custody, someone else was angry about the marijuana operations, another person mentioned road rage. A plan against the family could have been hatched by several people over seemingly unrelated issues.

Earlier I shared my personal experience about "Number 3", my unofficial biological child.

I made the decision to respect the mother's choice in the child's best interest. My decision was also motivated by the distance with the child's mother. I live 2000 miles away from her.

I cannot imagine how complicated it would have been to deal with custody so far away. It would have been conflictual.

Here's a thought. While it is difficult to believe that 8 people would be murdered over a child paternity or custody matter, what if more than one issue contributed to this crime?

it seems that this family had several possible conflicts with others in the area.

For example, perhaps one person was publicly complaining about the demolition derby conflict, another person joined in griping about child paternity or custody, someone else was angry about the marijuana operations, another person mentioned road rage. A plan against the family could have been hatched by several people over seemingly unrelated issues.

Definitely multiple motives. Plus I've always thought that KR was a completely unconnected "opportunistic" kill. Whomever killed him probably heard the killings were "execution style" and probably assumed one shot. Someone familiar with him that probably knew he had lots of cash and where he kept it. Use the cover of the other killings to kill KR and throw some cash around the dead body and walk out with the rest.

Two of the crime scenes --- 4077 Union Hill Road and 799 Left Fork Road -- appear to be connected to Flying W Farms by the clearing created by the power lines.

attachment.php
Assuming the video you quoted ([video=youtube;BoVlMb2Dpq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=BoVlMb2Dpq0[/video]) is accurate, Google mis-locates Flying W Farms. The actual location is in the 7405-7487 range of Camp Creek Rd.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 325

Assuming the video you quoted ([video=youtube;BoVlMb2Dpq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=BoVlMb2Dpq0[/video]) is accurate, Google mis-locates Flying W Farms. The actual location is in the 7405-7487 range of Camp Creek Rd.
attachment.php

All of the seemingly unmatched puzzle pieces are starting to come together don't you think? That clearing would be a perfect path to approach the Rhodens by 4 wheeler without taking a chance on a nosey neighbor looking out their window and seeing someone go by.

All of the seemingly unmatched puzzle pieces are starting to come together don't you think? That clearing would be a perfect path to approach the Rhodens by 4 wheeler without taking a chance on a nosey neighbor looking out their window and seeing someone go by.

4 wheelers are loud.. I don't see them riding up on the Rhodens' property on 4 wheelers..unless they parked somewhere far enough away that they wouldn't be heard and then went on foot.

Google does mis-locate where the farm is on Camp Creek. My phone navigation did as well. It said I had reached my destination before I was there. I had to drive another 1/2 mile to find it.

4 wheelers are loud.. I don't see them riding up on the Rhodens' property on 4 wheelers..unless they parked somewhere far enough away that they wouldn't be heard and then went on foot.
They could've easily parked a safe distance and walked the last mile or so

attachment.php

Thanks. I had been trying to find the actual location in Google Maps, the address is inaccurate there.

In your accurate map, the power lines that cross the Flying W Farms are different from those that pass near Union Hill Rd. They traverse the area in a different direction. They don't go anywhere near the crime scenes.

The roads one would take from Flying W Farms to the Union Hill Rd crime scenes do go past Left Fork Rd, where KR lived.

Yeah and some of those power line right of ways go pretty close to a number of homes. I think that I would pay more mind to noisy 4 wheelers coming through my back yard in the middle of the night than say a car or truck coming down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of things I'd like to add. With all the trouble this family was having with rrl, teenagers, derby, and who knows what else. Wouldn't that be a perfect time to perform the murders? So many different people angry at them would be sending investigaters in a lot of different directions, other than the right one. That kinda shows that this was "well planned" to take advantage of all the problems this family was going through. I'm sure there was even more trouble's that we may never know about.
Aren't there some railroad tracks around there? If so, couldn't you use those on an ATV? I mean those are kept clear for the trains to use.
Didn't Che Rob drop B off that night at FR's and HHG's around the same time that JW picked SR up? I think it was at 10:30 pm also.

Road rage attack or child custody is what LM said.

I cannot make out two words that he said, and I'd really like to know what they were as LM was giving his opinion of what he thought the motive might have been.

This is what I hear him say: "I don't know. I think it was just ********* *** and maybe a child custody thing."

If anyone else can make sense of the two words that are very hard to understand, that would be great. It might offer some insight as to what LM was thinking early on in terms of possible motives. Recent family events and circumstances would have been pretty fresh in his mind at this point in time.

To me, it sounds like the first word starts with a p and has four syllables and the second word sounds like it starts with a t and was just one syllable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717