OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His comment that they don't participate in Halloween made me lean toward him being a Jehovah Witness. Many pics of S are gone now and new one has popped up. I believe that they are in AK or very far north.

I have always thought that from the very first photos. I think they are all up there, mom, dad, both sons, both grandkids. I also think they are planning to go off the grid and try to disappear into the Alaska wilderness. <mod snip>

I made a joke about the Branch Davidians, but upon reflection, there may be something not too far from that involved.

BBM
None. They all look as a happy as a horse in high clover.

Well, good for them. We don't know where they are and that's none of our business.

We need to trust LE on this. When LE will need help, we'll help. Otherwise, we should probably move to sleuth something else.

Any indication in their posts as to whether they plan to return? It's a most bizarre situation. Never heard of another murder case where LE executes search warrants on properties of the last person to see the victims, then allows them to disappear with a child whose custody was a possible motive in those murders. No search for the child, nothing.

Adding a link to this video of an interview that reporter Chris Graves did with DeWine a while back. In it she asks if the rumor is true that the FBI offered their assistance in the case and were refused. DeWine dodges the question.

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2016/08/20/89051460/

bbm

I would say no, if the groups they belong to are an indication.

Do we have any indication who were among the 150 friends and family members at the UH Church on the day of the drama? It's a "restoration movement" church

Those who are Jehovah Witness, I'm pretty sure, are like a lot of other folks who are of a certain religious denomination, they don't manage to follow every single thing. The Amish, if you get to know one of them, will tell you that there are some Amish who are not as "Amish" as the English think that they all are... No one can follow all of the rules all of the time. If JW is a Jehovah Witness, it's highly suggested that they date within their religion, and be prepared to marry (this offsets premarital sex). So if JW was Jehovah Witness I don't see him as a strict follower, or he is a new convert, b/c... S, and the 50/50 shot that he was the newborn's father, and I'm fairly certain that dating HMR would be dating outside his religion.

From what I've been told by Amish people is that the church elders in each congregation decide what rules that congrgation follows. Around here we have them with horse and buggy to go to church but tractors to farm with. Some drive cars.

From what I've been told by Amish people is that the church elders in each congregation decide what rules that congrgation follows. Around here we have them with horse and buggy to go to church but tractors to farm with. Some drive cars.

I mean, everyone thinks that they don't do the things that other people do, like "break the rules" of the Bible, or the rules that the elders set. They do. Do they, like any other group of folks, have people who have been caught, lying, cheating, stealing, or fornicating? Yep. It's been suspected that the W's were involved in the Rhoden Murders. How un-Jehovah Witness can you get? Yet they don't let S, accept a bday gift, or go trick or treating? The latter seems trivial if one thinks that they may have had a hand in the former. However, it's been known to happen in all walks of life/religions.

Those are all good questions. Since the murders, most have been answered. In the following interview with BJM, she discusses a lot of what happened that morning.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

She went to FR's trailer next door, to tell Frankie his father was dead, as most of us would have done. No one told her not to go there. Frankie's trailer was locked. She pounded on the door asking for Frankie to open it. She heard the toddler Brently inside, he opened the door. She went in, saw the carnage there and took the infant, Ruger, and Brently outside. As she was quoted saying: "I was not leaving those babies there." Most of us would have done the same.

In the interview she also said there was another couple with her that morning. In interviews, she said she thinks one of the couple may have followed her into one of the trailers. No doubt LE has asked her to not speak publicly about the case, so IIRC, she hasn't said much about the other couple. Internet speculation has been that they came by to water plants in CRSr's grow op. It's probably safe to assume she knew about it, but perhaps she didn't.

Yes, there's a lot we don't know. Yes, it's reasonable for LE to focus efforts on the people who discovered the bodies. It's also reasonable for LE to focus on the last people to see the victims alive. Until very recently, with the raid on the Wagner family farms, there was no indication LE was doing that. The murders were over a year ago and it's reasonable to ask why it took LE that long to search the properties of one of the last people to see the victims, who was having a disagreement with them.

It's also reasonable to ask why an outside reward for information was initially discouraged and later, information about the CrimeStoppers reward was not publicized until someone in the news media asked about it. In any investigation like this, it's expected for LE to distribute posters and information about the reward to generate tips, but that wasn't done for many months. The only poster created and distributed was done a few months ago by surviving family members.

The case has been locked down. Secrecy and sparse communication with the public and news media have become routine.

As for political motivations and conspiracies, we don't know. Similar things have happened before in the history of US crime. Neither DeWine nor Gov. Kasich are likely comfortable having to deal with this horrible crime, but it comes with the job description. Two major daily newspapers have concerns about the way the case has been handled and have filed suit to view the unredacted final autopsies. Neither of these newspapers has a history of muckraking, both have a long history of treating Ohio government leaders extremely favorably. The fact that they have concerns is significant. Cincinnati Enquirer and Columbus Dispatch rarely step out of line on coverage of state politicians. In the past, many have considered them the "dogs that don't bark". The fact that they're barking now, all the way to the Ohio Supreme Court, says a great deal.

IMO, it is the "job" of the press to fight to get unredacted autopsy reports released. The readers of these newspapers are screaming for more information and their readers want to see the unredacted autopsy reports. And of course, the newspapers would love to write about the reports, so their readers keep coming back. It is a very competitive business.

I'm not so sure the efforts of the newspapers are going to reveal bad or even questionable motives with LE on this case, but of course, ambitious journalists can always hope the next Watergate story is around the corner. I just don't think it is there. JMO.

I have always thought that from the very first photos. I think they are all up there, mom, dad, both sons, both grandkids. I also think they are planning to go off the grid and try to disappear into the Alaska wilderness. <mod snip>

I made a joke about the Branch Davidians, but upon reflection, there may be something not too far from that involved.

<mod snip> I saw the pic and they look more than happy. How could anyone be "happy" knowing their property and their family's property have undergone a massive search by LE and LE towed away the stuff you left behind and is likely going through it all? Even if I was completely innocent, I'd be mortified and would high-tail it back to get everything straightened out with LE and also to clear my good name with the community.

Makes no sense to me - and you may be onto something close with the joke that you made.

I think that they have made friends up there, over a period of time, the boys have jobs, and are near civilization. I don't think that they plan to go off grid. I could be wrong.

Don't take eveything I post seriously. It was just for fun.

Click here: Ohio AG: Killings 'pre-planned,' pot grows found at murder sites | 9news.com

I was looking at MSM photos and this is a photo of DR's home the morning the bodies were discovered.

Is it just me or does the pavement outside look wet? I don't remember this ever being discussed on here. But if it rained the night of the murders is it possible there was muddy footprints at the crime scenes, especially FR and KR's neither of whom had a sidewalk. Or, if not footprints, at the very least mud tracked in by the killers?

Opinion anyone?

wouldn't look too much into that. looking at other pics and everything seems dry, including the dirt driveways. could be angle of camera and light hitting the sealer from above.

that being said, in ohio in april, specifically east/west from dayton and south, it can be raining on one side of the street and not the other. could also have been a drizzle after they arrived.

His comment that they don't participate in Halloween made me lean toward him being a Jehovah Witness. Many pics of S are gone now and new one has popped up. I believe that they are in AK or very far north.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't have premarital sex, and are discouraged from dating non-JWs.

There are other religions who discourage celebrating Halloween as it has originated from Day of the Dead. Some of the non-denominational churches in the city where I live don't celebrate Halloween and instead have other activities for kids that they advertise for whenever trick or treat night is scheduled.

Don't take eveything I post seriously. It was just for fun.

Me either. They may be going off grid. Could be a vacation. They may even be in Florida Everglades... I'd rather disappear there. :sunshine: :croc:

Who owns the second child that they have with them?

:laughing:

I'm sorry but the way you put that cracked me up. I think the other child is his brother's child but it has been driving me crazy as to wondering where/who the mother is and why she is not in any photos.

I'm sorry but the way you put that cracked me up. I think the other child is his brother's child but it has been driving me crazy as to wondering where/who the mother is and why she is not in any photos.

Yes, that was why I asked. I wonder how they got sole custody of that child.

Very creative wording... If a stranger happens to stumble in here, they're going to think we're just not right...

The one picture that I have seen makes me believe grandchildren are very important little people to them and worth fighting over. In fact, after reading one article that interviewed the father, I would say he was hopeful that the second child was going to be his too. He even went as far as to check the baby's feet for some confirmation the child was his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MediainfoMPM