OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was why I asked. I wonder how they got sole custody of that child.

Pretty much the same way they tried to get custody of S. But without the bloodshed. Apparently the first party acquiesced whereas the Rhoden family did not.

<mod snip> I saw the pic and they look more than happy. How could anyone be "happy" knowing their property and their family's property have undergone a massive search by LE and LE towed away the stuff you left behind and is likely going through it all? Even if I was completely innocent, I'd be mortified and would high-tail it back to get everything straightened out with LE and also to clear my good name with the community.

Makes no sense to me - and you may be onto something close with the joke that you made.

No way to know if they were aware of the searches being done when those pictures were taken.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't have premarital sex, and are discouraged from dating non-JWs.

There are other religions who discourage celebrating Halloween as it has originated from Day of the Dead. Some of the non-denominational churches in the city where I live don't celebrate Halloween and instead have other activities for kids that they advertise for whenever trick or treat night is scheduled.

Halloween is All-Hallows'-Eve which is the night-before-All-Saints'- Day. However Jehovah Witnesses are not permitted to own guns. So, either JW was a very new convert to Jehovah Witness church or he ins't a practicing Jehovah Witness, or never has been a Jehovah Witness at all.
http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/all-hallow-s-eve.html

ETA: There are photos of guns on his SM.

Very creative wording... If a stranger happens to stumble in here, they're going to think we're just not right...

The one picture that I have seen makes me believe grandchildren are very important little people to them and worth fighting over. In fact, after reading one article that interviewed the father, I would say he was hopeful that the second child was going to be his too. He even went as far as to check the baby's feet for some confirmation the child was his.

Two countries divided by a common language.

Pretty much the same way they tried to get custody of S. But without the bloodshed. Apparently the first party acquiesced whereas the Rhoden family did not.

Is this something that is common knowledge within the area? Honestly, I've been wondering if the offer was made to the other mother, and was accepted. As OP said, JW was hoping the newborn was his, and had gone as far as checking her toe, and stated that he wanted to pursue visitation with her even if she weren't his child (I guess for S).

Some of these lines of thought are getting pretty far off line. Someone said I wonder if they are Jehovah's Witnesses. Then someone says well if they are Jehovah's Witnesses... . Then someone says something like how long has the family been Jehovah's Witnesses? But, we do not actually know what religion if any they are..

Some of these lines of thought are getting pretty far off line. Someone said I wonder if they are Jehovah's Witnesses. Then someone says well if they are Jehovah's Witnesses... . Then someone says something like how long has the family been Jehovah's Witnesses? But, we do not actually know what religion if any they are..

BBM
Agree. (That "agree button", OP mentioned would come in handy.)

Me either. They may be going off grid. Could be a vacation. They may even be in Florida Everglades... I'd rather disappear there. :sunshine: :croc:

Louisiana bayous for me, the gator tastes better, not to mention the gumbo.

:laughing:

I'm sorry but the way you put that cracked me up. I think the other child is his brother's child but it has been driving me crazy as to wondering where/who the mother is and why she is not in any photos.

Me too.

YES! I find myself falling into these loops of logic ... If I don't take the time to really review what's going on I'm the one adding fuel to the fire. Thank you for reminding us to think it through.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Louisiana bayous for me, the gator tastes better, not to mention the gumbo.

Yum, gator! Tastes like chicken!

The Ws could be anywhere. If I were innocent, and a good part of the town thought I was guilty,I'd seriously consider moving if I had the means. That can hang with you forever and there's no hiding in a small town. Even if you are exonerated at a trial some will always see you as guilty. Every horrible thing that happens in a small town, there's always someone who remembers it, and will bring it up. People never forget, and these eight murders will never be forgotten.

Yum, gator! Tastes like chicken!

The Ws could be anywhere. If I were innocent, and a good part of the town thought I was guilty,I'd seriously consider moving if I had the means. That can hang with you forever and there's no hiding in a small town. Even if you are exonerated at a trial some will always see you as guilty. Every horrible thing that happens in a small town, there's always someone who remembers it, and will bring it up. People never forget, and these eight murders will never be forgotten.

I grew up in a town so small it didn't have an actual intersection on Main Street. There was only one intersection in the whole town. So, I do know that nothing ever goes completely away in a small town.

YES! I find myself falling into these loops of logic ... If I don't take the time to really review what's going on I'm the one adding fuel to the fire. Thank you for reminding us to think it through.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We do tend to jump to conclusions, don't we? Our imaginations can run a little wild, especially with the lack of information being released.

Looking at the people that were busted and they caught, I see one guy (mohawk) with a Tampering with Evidence F/3 charge, $75,000 cash / surety. I wonder if he removed a GPS tracker from his vehicle.

It certainly is disheartening to see soooo many young people involved in drugs, especially the meth.... There are no words.

I think KR was killed because the killers are cowards. I mean that literally. If they left him alive he would have came after them and they couldn't deal with him.

The other R's (Tony ect) doesn't strike me as being as physically aggressive as KR and CR1. The M's they may have thought could be bought off. But KR was a problem so he had to go, maybe with not as much viciousness and hatred as the others, but go nonetheless.

I think this was a case of two families being out of their league but forced together by the birth of a child.

The W's because they couldn't handle the street fighter aggression of the R's with their own show of physical strength.

The R's because they were good ole boys who would give you the shirt off their backs and had no idea the lengths some people would go for money.

Think upper middle class suburbia kids vs inner city gang kids.

The W's were out of their league dealing with the R's because the R's were aggressive, street fighters, if you will. Rough and tumble men ready to defend home and family with fists or weapons no matter who they had to fight. An example of that would be the fights with other derby members, the confrontation on UHR with IJ and crew.

The R's were out of their league dealing with the W's because the W's were more like the upper middle class kids, nice homes, huge horse ranches, farms. Money in the family. And if my theory is correct, with a willingness to keep that money in the family at all costs. The R's who were by all accounts generous people who would help anyone and by many people's accounts would give you the shirt off their backs, would not have been able to understand that level of greediness and selfishness.

Ergo both families were out of their leagues dealing with the other.

The birth of little S would have brought those two opposites together, added to the fact that JW was pretty certain little K was his also. That gave the R's, who had custody of S and K, and by extension the M's access to some of that money the W's had.

KR was one of the aggressive R's and extremely close to CR1 if everyone is to be believed. With that type character and the people he had to be associating with in selling MJ, he would have came after whoever killed CR1 and his whole family. They may not have felt they were safe from his wrath even in prison. So he had to go. Not so much BR or TR as they don't strike me as the "living life out loud" as RSD1200 put it, type of men. So no need to get rid of them as they weren't perceived as big a threat as KR.

I think they discounted the M's as being someone they could intimidate with money or buy off. But they may have misjudged JM.

I am by no means certain this is the answer, but it could have been a part of it.

Interesting theory. I've thought about a theory that involves the W family approaching a M family member about getting rid of CRsr. Doesn't seem like the M clan (BJM excluded) were very fond of him. So if the W's approached the M's with a plan to get rid of CRsr is it possible that certain M's would be receptive to that idea?

Here's the twist though. The W's fully intended to eliminate the whole R family but didn't tell the M clan that. They used JM and AM to find CRsr location. He'd recently bought the new home for DR and maybe it was assumed he'd be there. So JM drives past DR house and doesn't see Crsr vehicle. He texts JW that he doesn't see the target. So AM starts texting DR asking what she's up to. Maybe she asks if CRsr is there, maybe not.

They find where CRsr is and make their move. There's animosity between the men so they beat and shoot CRsr and GR multiple times. They move over to FR place. They see BR sleeping on the couch so they quietly move past him to the bedroom. They shoot FR and HHG. They know they woke up the kid so they exit through the bedroom window.

On to DR house. Depending on the layout of the house, they kill DR or HR first and second. If the rumors and LM comments are to be believed, the shots woke up CRjr and he tried to hide between his bed and the wall so I'm guessing he was last.

I still think KR was killed early that next morning by someone else that knew he had cash and took advantage of the circumstances to take it.

Looking at the people that were busted and they caught, I see one guy (mohawk) with a Tampering with Evidence F/3 charge, $75,000 cash / surety. I wonder if he removed a GPS tracker from his vehicle.

It certainly is disheartening to see soooo many young people involved in drugs, especially the meth.... There are no words.

Meth is a huge problem in southern Indiana also. A friend of mine had a sad experience, her 18 year old daughter was with her 28 year old boyfriend while he was cooking meth in an abandoned farmhouse in southern Indiana. Farmhouse blew up and both daughter and boyfriend were sentenced to 20 years. Daughter gave birth in prison to a sweet little girl. My friend was awarded temporary custody of the newborn since both parents were in prison. She raised the little girl for 7 years until the mom got out of prison. The mom died a few weeks after being released. Then the dad got out of prison and was given full custody of the now 10 year old girl whom he had never even met, but he was the natural father. He promptly moved away and my friend has no visitation rights or contact of any kind with her granddaughter whom she raised from newborn to age 10.

Sometimes the system just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member