OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall seeing where JM was working at the time of the murders.
The one place Lima, OH that he was working at recently would have been more like 3 hours each way on a good day and probably more.
I would be surprised if he doing that as a daily commute between the time and 30 or 40 bucks in gas each day that truck would go through.

Just guessing that he may have been staying near the work site during the week and came home on weekends. That is what I did when I used to work @200 miles from home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say that may be a good guess that he was staying up there during the week. The murders were committed on a Thursday night/early Friday a.m. That would have been a time period that he'd have been on the job if he were working away from home. Maybe he was laid off, or working closer to home, at the time of the murders? The lawyer said that JM was pretty much the primary wage earner in the home.

The charges were bound over to grand jury, but i cant remember if that means they were dropped, per say. I used to be a victim advocate a few counties over from piketon.

BBM
They could have told them they weren't talking to them w/o their lawyers present, and if they wanted to set foot on the property, go get a proper search warrant (I would and I've murdered no one.). The wheels of justice can move slowly sometimes, so, that little bit of time could have given them their head start to head north. It doesn't look as if they took a lot. They only had to make it across the Canadian border, and hop a plane. I bet they all had visas in hand. As OP said, they'd joined the Seward groups, and other AK groups, so they had contacts. They may have joined them a few days before the newborn arrived, but they didn't put the house up for sale until, I'm guessing here, that they found out that JW was not the father of the newborn (August, 2016). I think they were just waiting to see if K was his or not. HMR even went on vacation with them early in their relationship. Idk what was the ultimate cause of the break up, but it seemed he hoped she'd come back. His comment stuck w/me: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

One thing that does nag me about JM: Why wasn't he already headed to work that day? He had a two hour drive. They didn't find the bodies, according to BJM, until at least 7 a.m.

ETA: It does look strange on several levels, however, if my child's maternal family had been slaughtered just a few miles away, and I had the means to make a new start, someplace else that I thought I'd like, I'd move too. It would not be AK, it would be further south...

Re JM not left for work yet on the morning of the murders, I assume his logging job moves from location to location as the company fulfills contract work. He may have been working a job site closer to home a year ago.

Actually, I was kind of surprised to read he was working as a logger in Lima, OH. That's kind of out on the mostly flat, treeless part of the state. Mostly farmland. No way there would be enough trees there to log for an entire year.

As for W's moving to Alaska instead of going south of the border, it could be they're xenophobic.

I'm not sure about the part about the "bound over to the grand jury" part negating the bond and bond restrictions either, however, I'm leaning toward it not negating them. The bond and restrictions are there to ensure that the defendant shows up. This is a man that I don't think he has a history of drug abuse/trafficking etc.. an eleven year old dui but that's all and barely over the limit. The drug testing is there to make money for the county/local govt. etc... (my 2¢). He has no job now, so if he has to drop for them it's going to put more hardship on the family. I really hope that they know where they're (LE) going with this.

ETA: See BettyP below.

I'm not sure about the part about the "bound over to the grand jury" part negating the bond and bond restrictions either, however, I'm leaning toward it not negating them. The bond and restrictions are there to ensure that the defendant shows up. This is a man that I don't think he has a history of drug abuse/trafficking etc.. an eleven year old dui but that's all and barely over the limit. The drug testing is there to make money for the county/local govt. etc... (my 2¢). He has no job now, so if he has to drop for them it's going to put more hardship on the family. I really hope that they know where they're (LE) going with this.

I noticed on the Pike Co court records for JM on these charges mentioned that the bond money was returned to JM's wife. :waitasec:

I noticed on the Pike Co court records for JM on these charges mentioned that the bond money was returned to JM's wife. :waitasec:

I missed that. :lookingitup: :blushing:

Re JM not left for work yet on the morning of the murders, I assume his logging job moves from location to location as the company fulfills contract work. He may have been working a job site closer to home a year ago.

Actually, I was kind of surprised to read he was working as a logger in Lima, OH. That's kind of out on the mostly flat, treeless part of the state. Mostly farmland. No way there would be enough trees there to log for an entire year.

As for W's moving to Alaska instead of going south of the border, it could be they're xenophobic.

BBM
I'd wondered about Lima. Maybe they headquartered there but I thought it was pretty flat and not very forest-y.

I think AK has a pretty diverse culture doesn't it? I've never been there personally, so not really sure. I'd have cast my vote for a warm weather state/country (if they moved to Canada).

I believe as of Monday at the end of the hearing. You have to see BettyP's links regarding random drug testing on the warrant and click on the link there to access.

Today there were 2 drug counselors in PA that overdosed at the same time at the same facility. Ohio's state coroner said in an interview today that they are running out of room at the state's morgue from so many overdoses. Depressing.

Montgomery County in Ohio added more space for cadavers and still ran out of space.They filled all the local funeral homes and rented refrigerated trucks to store overdose victims...

Montgomery County in Ohio added more space for cadavers and still ran out of space.They filled all the local funeral homes and rented refrigerated trucks to store overdose victims...

Yep. And often, they save a person early in the day only to have to save them again later in the day. Or they can't save them. It's crazy.

I can't see the Rs or the Ms mixed up with hard drugs.

Been reading the posts, and some of the articles this evening.
I am not accusing anyone here..just tossing out thoughts.
But um.
IF a group were guilty of this crime, are they going to be truthful about their location? Alaska, Canada?
They apparently accumulated a good deal of cash. With the lead they have had timewise and the financial ability to do it, they could be living anywhere, like as in a country that would not turn them over to authorities. They could change their names and start a new life elsewhere!
They have done careful planning, we know this.
Not accusing....just saying it could happen.

It's horrible. Children are losing both parents, grandparents are raising children, a large number of a generation is being lost. WV, KY, and OH are all three in the top five states that have been hit the hardest. I've led a colorful life but I steered clear of needles. There were a couple folks I knew of, who died, from using Heroin, back in my younger days, and it left an impression on me, but this is stuff that wasn't around back then (or if it was we didn't know about it). It's like their picking up a gun to play Russian Roulette every time they score.

Yep. And often, they save a person early in the day only to have to save them again later in the day. Or they can't save them. It's crazy.

Or they save them, only for them to have to be put on life support, and placed in a facility until they pass.

I can't see the Rs or the Ms mixed up with hard drugs.

I don't want to see any of them mixed up in hard drugs. But I've seen people who I'd never dream of, do things that they'd never have dreamed they'd do, or spouses be stunned when the cops broke down their door b/c they had no clue their family member was doing what they were doing, and all over getting mixed up with hard drugs. Some over an addiction that they didn't intend to happen, so they needed money, or they needed fast money to get out of a tough spot. They thought they could get in, and get out, after making some easy cash. It doesn't work like that though.

But um.
IF a group were guilty of this crime, are they going to be truthful about their location? Alaska, Canada?
They apparently accumulated a good deal of cash. With the lead they have had timewise and the financial ability to do it, they could be living anywhere, like as in a country that would not turn them over to authorities. They could change their names and start a new life elsewhere!

There would be records of them exiting the country, though. If they have the proceeds of the property sale, that isn't really enough to live on for too long.

It's horrible. Children are losing both parents, grandparents are raising children, a large number of a generation is being lost. WV, KY, and OH are all three in the top five states that have been hit the hardest. I've led a colorful life but I steered clear of needles. There were a couple folks I knew of, who died, from using Heroin, back in my younger days, and it left an impression on me, but this is stuff that wasn't around back then (or if it was we didn't know about it). It's like their picking up a gun to play Russian Roulette every time they score.

It think it's the same stuff generally speaking. But there is a lot more of it and a lot more hands touching it before it gets the the end user. So there is no telling what people are actually buying. I've watched shows where they were talking to street dealers (or whatever) and they actually stated the when people overdose on a certain brand of heroine it actually boost that brand or dealers sales. Drugs take control to the point of hearing this person almost died off x or y and you want it, absolutely nuts.

But um.

Yes, it could happen. From what others have been posting about their social media, it sounds like they're not worried about any LE coming after them. JW and his brother can probably find work and they'll get by ok. Sad to think it could happen if they were involved in the murders, but it's possible.

BBM
I'd wondered about Lima. Maybe they headquartered there but I thought it was pretty flat and not very forest-y.

I think AK has a pretty diverse culture doesn't it? I've never been there personally, so not really sure. I'd have cast my vote for a warm weather state/country (if they moved to Canada).

In AK, they would be surrounded by people who speak English as a first language. According to the US census, the city is 72.12% white, 2% Black, 16% Native American, 1.8% Asian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seward,_Alaska

It's pretty far south in AK, with access to a lot of roads, rail, airport, etc. East to get to Washington & the lower 48, which a lot of middle and upper income AK residents do. Probably has a lot of "outdoorsy" culture, good for people who like guns and hunting. So, yeah, probably a good fit for them.

In AK, they would be surrounded by people who speak English as a first language. According to the US census, the city is 72.12% white, 2% Black, 16% Native American, 1.8% Asian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seward,_Alaska

It's pretty far south in AK, with access to a lot of roads, rail, airport, etc. East to get to Washington & the lower 48, which a lot of middle and upper income AK residents do. Probably has a lot of "outdoorsy" culture, good for people who like guns and hunting. So, yeah, probably a good fit for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to see any of them mixed up in hard drugs. But I've seen people who I'd never dream of, do things that they'd never have dreamed they'd do, or spouses be stunned when the cops broke down their door b/c they had no clue their family member was doing what they were doing, and all over getting mixed up with hard drugs. Some over an addiction that they didn't intend to happen, so they needed money, or they needed fast money to get out of a tough spot. They thought they could get in, and get out, after making some easy cash. It doesn't work like that though.

There was a couple that lived here in the late 80's. Nice couple, well respected, church goers, PTA, knew everybody in town, that kind of stuff. They had a nice big home on about 600 acres, a lot of producing oil wells, some pumping 50 to 70 barrels a day of high grade crude with him getting 100% of the royalties, owned his own oil company and drilling rigs. He had his own helicopter with a landing pad in his back yard. His parents were very wealthy with even more land and more oil wells. They did not have anything to do with the drug culture, you could not have even thought that they would even know someone using drugs. So imagine our shock when one night the DEA and LE busted him when he landed his helicopter full of cocaine he was bringing in from the south. He got out of prison over 10 years ago but disappeared. Just goes to show you never really know people like you think you do. His parents are still here though, collecting oil royalties and buying up more land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l